Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th February 2010, 10:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

It might look little odd that i'm just rushing through years but i just want to quickly catch up on the report for my ride along with the fun , performance ,information and agony for last 3 odd years.

Here are a few pictures of my 4th accident. It might look like a very simple accident but i'm sure the gurus and experts would know the kind of damage and the impact that i might have gone through.

As it can be observed in the 1st and the 2nd pic that it was taken in the early hours of morning when the accident just happened and the 3rd and the 4th pics were taken when the car reached DD motors maya puri around 8:00 am and i had to wait for about 2 hours to get the insurance process started.

Luckily it was saturday morning and i had all the time in the world ( due to start of the weekend ) to get the process started. I have a couple of videos of this accident but it's in picasa and i'm not sure how to show it here ( I'm sure some experienced BHPians can help me export that ).

I would be elated to know the feedback about my car from fellow BHPians.
Attached Images

harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 11:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

I was not very much active on TBHP when i was doing all these trips otherwise i would have definetely have taken more pictures and have noted more detailed reviews like i've observed in most of the forums here.

This major accident shook my confidence to drive to a very large extent however i still continued to drive and was very soon into my normal self as i heard from on of my acquinatance that " Paaji agar gaadi sadak pe niklegi to thukegi bhi aur kharab bhi hogi to tension kyon lena" . So after hearing this i got very normal but started driving little slower than before.

Soon after this accident i had to get some major changes done in my car due a ripped tyre , bent alloy wheel and 2 non body colored bumpers...Story continues
Old 19th February 2010, 10:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

OT - I had gone to moradabad leaving for my sis in laws marriage for 5 days leaving my alto behind and ALAS!! when i came back i found my front number plate broken and my left RVM's glass stolen :(. I'm yet to get both of them restored.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
OT - I had gone to moradabad leaving for my sis in laws marriage for 5 days leaving my alto behind and ALAS!! when i came back i found my front number plate broken and my left RVM's glass stolen :(. I'm yet to get both of them restored.
Got both the things fixed yesterday from Karol Bagh

Mirror - Rs 40
Number plate - Rs 150
Old 26th February 2010, 13:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

team , please give me some feedback on my story so that i can improve on it. I'm not sure if this is making sense but few words from the members would definetely make me give a more detailed report.
Old 26th February 2010, 14:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hari,

Have noticed your previous post of your ride. Good to see a long term report.

Being a fellow Alto owner, I know how the little guy is, it is a great vehicle! I have done so many KM's and most of them were without a second thought. The vehicle used to take all demands without a fuss! Just do the regular maintenance visit.
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 13:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hari,

Have noticed your previous post of your ride. Good to see a long term report.

Being a fellow Alto owner, I know how the little guy is, it is a great vehicle! I have done so many KM's and most of them were without a second thought. The vehicle used to take all demands without a fuss! Just do the regular maintenance visit.
I totally agree with you , it stands by its advertising punchline - Let's go,
Old 28th February 2010, 14:17   #23
BHPian

The car truly deserves a special place in your heart. I am sure the car will serve you as long as you want it to. I totally get the sentiments behind the story

Though, I just read a 5th accident? I hope everything is alright at your end.
Bumble Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2010, 14:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
The car truly deserves a special place in your heart. I am sure the car will serve you as long as you want it to. I totally get the sentiments behind the story

Though, I just read a 5th accident? I hope everything is alright at your end.
Yes i had 5th accident too wherein my car turned turtle 3 times under the Dhaula kuan flyover however i managed to come out unscratched ( maybe cos i wearing the seat belts ).

I will be posting the details of that accident along witht he pictures and the trauma that i went through.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:37   #25
BHPian

Good to know that you are doing fine and how is your car doing? I hope no major damages?

If you dont mind me asking, When did this happen exactly? Cause I live Absolutely adjacent to the Dhuala kuan flyover.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

The car spent close to a month at the DD motors workshop for repair , almost everything was changed and the car had to be totally repainted.

This happened in april 2009.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:53   #27
BHPian

Ouch. That must have hurt, so insurance covered some part? Eagerly waiting for your full writeup of the incident.
Old 28th February 2010, 14:59   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
Ouch. That must have hurt, so insurance covered some part? Eagerly waiting for your full writeup of the incident.
Yup it did hurt a lot but was lucky to get out of it alive . I'll surely write a detailed report on the same.

I was lucky with the insurance part as the car was little under 3 year which gave me more benefits.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

5th Accident

First of all i'd like to apologise for the delay in my next posting.

This accident happened under the Dhaula kuan flyover in Delhi. It was 2:00 am in the night and i was returning back to my home after meeting a friend , i know i was wrong but i was doing well over 90 kmph and there was a biker who was probably doing more than what i was doing. There was no problem till the time a speed breaker came in his way and he braked like hell and in order to control my car the way he braked i sverved my steering towards the left side... a blank moment for a while and then..

The whole world was turning upside down for me like anything..sometimes it was the sky sometimes it was the road and sometimes it was some vehicle and after a few seconds of loud bang and crash the car came to a halt (
luckily i was driving alone ).

When i got into my senses and focussed on what happened i could see the windshield broken and the car parked on the co-drivers side on the road and the drivers door towards the sky , a moment later i could hear TONS of people who parked their vehicles to check the damage/maybe fun and some of them saying that this guy must be dead , a few seconds later there was smoke all around me and i kind of started remembering my god however there were some good samaritans who started to break the windshield and i opened my seatbelt and started hitting the windshield from inside.

Finally after few hits from me and THEM ( good samaritans ) the windshiled completely broke for a portion and i tried to go out with my head first , while pulling me out i hurt my shoulder badly as it scratched with the wiper which had opened ( maybe due to the impact ) .

Later i came to know that the car had turned turtle 3 times before it came to the position that it was in.

There's some more to this accident..worst in my life which i will post shortly.

I'm lucky to come out ALIVE out of this crash and still thankful to god for it.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 11:34   #30
Senior - BHPian

Soon after the accident happened i was pulled out of the car i was shocked , i tried calling a few friends however since it was too late in the night no one picked the phone. I finally had to call my Boss and he luckily picked up the phone and sent 2 of my colleauges to help me out.

While i was waiting for them was when within few seconds i got to meet 3 ANGELES ( don't read as girls ) - 3 guys in a NHC who told me that they're ready to drop me at my place , I was amazed to hear it from those youngsters ( b/w 19-21 ) but realised that i would be in trouble if i the cops came in. I was ready to sit in their car when they suggested me to get the documents of the car by getting inside after breaking the rear window ( since the car was on the drivers door towards the sky ). I agreed and they broke the rear window and we took out the Box ( with the speakers and woofers ) and the papers along with the mouth of the stereo.

They put all the stuff in their car along with me and dropped me right at my doorstep. I thank those guys till date for the kind of courtesy they showed to me.
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote