Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 11:47   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

oops i forgot to mention that i called my brother too and told him what happened and that he should get a crane to get the car out of the scene.

My brother got the crane within the time that i was being transported from the accident scene to my house and towed away the car to the DD motors mayapuri. My colleauges by that time had reached the accident spot while my brother was getting the car towed and were shocked to see the state of the car ( this is what they told me later ) as it was in pretty bad shape. Since my brother had already spoken to me and knew that i was fine they were kind of relieved.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:03   #32
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,772
Thanked: 273 Times
Default Unacceptable road etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
It was 2:00 am in the night, i know i was wrong but i was doing well over 90 kmph and there was a biker who was probably doing more than what i was doing.

Harish,

3 years and 5 accidents? Sorry, mate, but to me this latest accident (and your driving) seems like careless driving. IMO, this reckless endangerment of not only yourself, but other road users as well is unforgivable!

Take the instance above - In retrospect, you admit that doing 90 km/hr at 0200 hours of the morning was wrong. To me you seem like a reckless driver who drives your car in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or public property!

As you admit, you are very lucky to come out unscathed minus a few bruises and scratches. I hope you do understand the trauma and agony of your loved ones had the outcome been far worse. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take my advice, role play your boy-racer fantasies in a safe environment such as a race track not on the open streets - no matter what time of day.

Regards,
gpa
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:15   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Harish,

3 years and 5 accidents? Sorry, mate, but to me this latest accident (and your driving) seems like careless driving. IMO, this reckless endangerment of not only yourself, but other road users as well is unforgivable!

Take the instance above - In retrospect, you admit that doing 90 km/hr at 0200 hours of the morning was wrong. To me you seem like a reckless driver who drives your car in wilful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or public property!

As you admit, you are very lucky to come out unscathed minus a few bruises and scratches. I hope you do understand the trauma and agony of your loved ones had the outcome been far worse. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Take my advice, role play your boy-racer fantasies in a safe environment such as a race track not on the open streets - no matter what time of day.

Regards,
gpa
Hey GPA,

I agree hands down that this 5th accident of mine was kind of also due to the speed that i was on however the road that i'm talking about right now is the one wherein slower the drive and more are the chances that you would get rear ended ( it's very common in Delhi ).

I had no disregard for safety of anyone or any public property and for that matter i have no clue as to where that biker disappeared because he did not even have the courtesy to even stop and check on the guy behind him who saved him 9 (which was me ). Although i'm still furious on the situation but i always thank god that atleast 2 lives were saved in this situation and only thing that was lost was the money and lot of time in getting the car back to shape.

Last edited by harishnayak : 4th March 2010 at 12:18. Reason: grammar
harishnayak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:26   #34
gpa
Senior - BHPian
 
gpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,772
Thanked: 273 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
however the road that i'm talking about right now is the one wherein if i drive slower and i get rear ended ( it's very common in Delhi).
What is the speed limit for the road that you mention?

Surely, 90 km/hr is way too fast for the city. Besides that, it was 0200 hours in the morning, so even if you were cruising at 50 km/hr where does the question of getting rear ended arise?

For example, if you were travelling at 90km/h along a straight highway you would not be guilty of reckless driving. However, if you drove at that speed in a street within city limits, you would be guilty of reckless driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
i have no clue as to where that biker disappeared because he did not even have the courtesy to even stop and check on the guy behind him who saved him
I don't think you should bring the biker into question. The imbecile probably saw your crash and realized that he must have been the cause of it and fled.
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:27   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Now after the car was turned into DD motors i was hell bent on getting the car totalled. I spoke to my brother who told me that his team members dad could get the car declared as totalled and we would kind of get around 60-70% of the cars amount.

We tried our best but we could not get the car declared as totalled as the agent claimed that it's not possible that this car be declared as totalled however he promised that he could get the car re-done pretty nicely and that it would come back in the real shape.

Still more pics and stories to go..
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:29   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
pramodkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gods own country
Posts: 1,991
Thanked: 857 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
within few seconds i got to meet 3 ANGELES
Did you note down their phone number? I will tell you something after you answer this for me.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:32   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,426
Thanked: 875 Times
Default

Is there a picture of the car after this particular accident? I am curious to see what it looked like after turning turtle thrice.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:37   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
What is the speed limit for the road that you mention?

Surely, 90 km/hr is way too fast for the city. Besides that, it was 0200 hours in the morning, so even if you were cruising at 50 km/hr where does the question of getting rear ended arise?

For example, if you were travelling at 90km/h along a straight highway you would not be guilty of reckless driving. However, if you drove at that speed in a street within city limits, you would be guilty of reckless driving.

There's no speed limit mentioned for that road and mostly it's not for most of the roads in Delhi ( I love Delhi however i'm forced to say this ). I would also like to tell you that the traffic sometimes in Delhi at the night is VERY crazy.



I don't think you should bring the biker into question. The imbecile probably saw your crash and realized that he must have been the cause of it and fled.
Well no comments on this one as i'm still OK with the fact that i saved a life and i learnt a lesson. I'm not sure if i'm angry/happy with this guy but it was definitely not required in my life. I've been drining VERY SAFE after this accident and have also been spotted my many BHPians w/o any violations and am happy about it.

no wonder i like to sport and spot TBHP stickers on my cars.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 12:51   #39
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Did you note down their phone number? I will tell you something after you answer this for me.

Pramod
I did , one of those guys had a ifone and had literally called my home ( landline) to inform them of the accident. Next morning i called him and thanked him for his kind gesture ( i spoke to him for good 15 mins ) , my mom also took the phone from me and thanked him for the kind gesture.

The grooming that i got from my family was to be courteous to anyone who helps you in your need , for that matter someone who helped you w/o knowing you is someone you gotta be really obliged for life. The irony of life was when they saw my car getting towed on their way back home ( my brother was getting the car towed towards DD motors- Maya puri and they asked him { while driving if it was HARRY's car - i had gelled well with them to tell them my alias name } if it was harry s car and he was amazed ). I came to know about all of this the next morning.

I still pray for those 3 guys and wish them LUCK for all their life , i guess this is the only way i can pay off their favour.

I would definetely like to know what you wanted to say.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:10   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Is there a picture of the car after this particular accident? I am curious to see what it looked like after turning turtle thrice.
I sure do. Here are few pictures that i took the next day but my insurance agent has many more which i've still not procured from him.

I got badly bruised from the drivers side wipers which rubbed my shoulders while being pulled out.

I only have the front pictures which doesnt show the entire damage but what i was told by the bystanders was that the car was airborne for quite a while thus not damaging the roof to a large extent.
Attached Images
     
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:19   #41
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

The total damage was little over a lakh ( i don't remember the exact amount right now ) but i had to pay close to 20 k from my pocket to get the car redone completely.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:22   #42
BHPian
 
nick17s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 530
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

hmm...after reading this whole thread, I came to a few conclusions:

1. You adore your ride like anything.
2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL)
3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood),
4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour.

Anyway, jokes apart, its greatt to know that you were fine after that nasty accident.
Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ??
and 1 suggestion, (telling coz I stay in delhi too) even if you are driving safe, there are other bad drivers, soo keep that in mind too (as you have mentioned an esteem hit you)..

IMO I dont find driving at higher speeds is kool, but yeah you can have fun sometimes, but make sure that you have total control over braking and handling the car..

Even my ride was badly hit in an accident, that you can check below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1735133-post4823.html

Last edited by nick17s : 4th March 2010 at 13:24.
nick17s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:23   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

The fact of the matter is that this is my only car which has gone through 5 accident. None of my other cars went through any major accidents in last few years.

My family is yet to come to a conclusion whether this car is LUCKY or UNLUCKY for me but as far as my conclusion goes i think it's lucky for me. This accident happened when the car had done approximately 63- 64 k kms and now the cars done close to 78 k kms w/o any major problem after it got repaired.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 13:34   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hmm...after reading this whole thread, I came to a few conclusions:

1. You adore your ride like anything.
2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL)
3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood),
4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour.

Anyway, jokes apart, its greatt to know that you were fine after that nasty accident.
Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ??
and 1 suggestion, (telling coz I stay in delhi too) even if you are driving safe, there are other bad drivers, soo keep that in mind too (as you have mentioned an esteem hit you)..

IMO I dont find driving at higher speeds is kool, but yeah you can have fun sometimes, but make sure that you have total control over braking and handling the car..

Even my ride was badly hit in an accident, that you can check below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1735133-post4823.html
Hey Bro,

Thanks for going through my thread. Here are my answers to your questions -


1. You adore your ride like anything. - { Harry }I love my ride like anything , i'm sure you're going to like my further reviews besides the ones that i mentioned in past including the mods that i did on my ride.

2. DD Motors will make you their privileged customer (might give you a platinum card too, if any ..LoL) - { Harry } he he i hope they do.

3. 3 years and 5 accidents, I hope no more coming in future (touchwood), { Harry } I hope not

4. Within 2 hours of any accident you take your ride to a workshop and arrange a crane in less than 1 hour. { Harry } - Yes , the longest one in the 4th one ( I majorly needed the crane in 2 cases )

Bro, just wanted to know, were you drunk when the accident took place ?? - { Harry } No i was not.

I checked your ride , did you manage to get the insurance?? i feel sad for your ride.

Where did this happen and whom did you hit??
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 14:20   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
harishnayak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 1,388
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Since the car was totally redone and repainted i had a few problems after it was delivered to me.

I will shortly post the entire report of the experience from the insurance to the after effects of this accident.

I hope and pray for myself that i don't meet with anymore accidents in this car and am able to use it to the maximum.
harishnayak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cars released in India from the Flintstone's era till date vnabhi The Indian Car Scene 47 10th March 2012 12:51
Every car story book is special, because every child in us is..special! sidindica Shifting gears 1 8th March 2010 00:34
10k Exchange Bonus for Hyundai Santro (July 2007) Not Received Till Date VSG12777 The Indian Car Scene 9 11th September 2008 17:11
Swift VDi-Observations Feb 14 2007 Till Date xotiq Long-Term Ownership Reviews 3 11th February 2008 23:47
Calcutta TeamBHP house meet (The "wettest" Calcutta meet till date) shuvd The Team-BHP Meet Section 26 28th November 2007 01:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:19.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks