Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd September 2014, 01:21   #226
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Palio 1.6 - 5.5 years and 100,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
The wheel only had surface scuff marks which were covered up using paint.
Very nice paint job! Where was this done? And what was the cost?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 17:38   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Very nice paint job! Where was this done? And what was the cost?
This was done at Bugstop (Pavan's garage) in Bangalore (Jakkur to be specific).

Parts painted were: bonnet, front bumper, front left fender, both left side doors, left mirror cover, left C pillar, boot.

Cost: 8500 INR.
lucifer919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 13:27   #228
BHPian

Hey Lucifer,

What tyre pressure do you maintain and how often do you top up?

I changed my tyres to Conti Eco Contact 3 about 6 months back. Unfortunately, the RF tyre keeps losing pressure and in about a week, pressure would have reduced to about 15-20 PSI . On having the tyres inspected, I found that the inner surface of the Alloys was flaking off from where the air was supposedly leaking. So, I very recently got them resurfaced (emery) and painted on the inside from Gowri Automobiles. And yet, the problem persists which is very distressing. (It constantly keeps on ringing in my brain whether I'll have a FLAT when I really need the car).

If it's a problem with the alloys, I dont mind replacing them; however, I'm feeling that I'm compounding the problem by maybe maintaining lesser pressure (30 psi). So, could you help me out with your inputs on the same?? It'll atleast help me resolve my contribution to the issue (if i really am).

P.S: My tyre profile is 185/65 R14.

Cheers,
BT.
revvinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2014, 16:17   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvinhard View Post
Hey Lucifer,

What tyre pressure do you maintain and how often do you top up?

I changed my tyres to Conti Eco Contact 3 about 6 months back. Unfortunately, the RF tyre keeps losing pressure and in about a week, pressure would have reduced to about 15-20 PSI . On having the tyres inspected, I found that the inner surface of the Alloys was flaking off from where the air was supposedly leaking. So, I very recently got them resurfaced (emery) and painted on the inside from Gowri Automobiles. And yet, the problem persists which is very distressing. (It constantly keeps on ringing in my brain whether I'll have a FLAT when I really need the car).

If it's a problem with the alloys, I dont mind replacing them; however, I'm feeling that I'm compounding the problem by maybe maintaining lesser pressure (30 psi). So, could you help me out with your inputs on the same?? It'll atleast help me resolve my contribution to the issue (if i really am).

P.S: My tyre profile is 185/65 R14.

Cheers,
BT.
Hi,

I'm using 195/55/15 CPC2s in my car and i haven't refilled air since they were put on the car (that's close to 10000 KMs). I do check the tyre pressure every fortnight or so. I maintain a pressure of 30PSI. I don't believe the inner surface of the alloys flaking has anything to do with tyre pressure. Get the tubeless valve checked. More often than not, the pin in the valve does not re-seat itself correctly and can cause pressure loss over a period of time. Certainly worth trying before you replace the wheels themselves.

Hope this helps.
Kiran.
lucifer919 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 21:06   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I'm using 195/55/15 CPC2s in my car and i haven't refilled air since they were put on the car (that's close to 10000 KMs). I do check the tyre pressure every fortnight or so. I maintain a pressure of 30PSI. I don't believe the inner surface of the alloys flaking has anything to do with tyre pressure. Get the tubeless valve checked. More often than not, the pin in the valve does not re-seat itself correctly and can cause pressure loss over a period of time. Certainly worth trying before you replace the wheels themselves.

Hope this helps.
Kiran.
Thanks a Lot Lucifer. I'll have the valves checked. I had not thought from this angle, so your suggestion was a good one.

Was intrigued to know that you haven't refilled air in your tyres since the last 10000 km. Which means no puncture! Wonderful
revvinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 21:54   #231
BHPian

Quick update on the car.

Over the last couple of days, i noticed the temperature needle climbing over the halfway mark again. On checking the coolant level, to my dismay, the coolant reservoir was almost empty! No leakages anywhere in the system could be traced.

We decided to drain the entire system as we suspected a vacuum/air pocket somewhere that could be causing the coolant levels to be varied.

There is a small drain plug on the top left side of the radiator. Unplugged it and also de-coupled the coolant return pipe from the reservoir. Left a supply of running water in the reservoir and kept the engine running. This flushed out a lot of gunk from the cooling system (remains of the earlier red synthetic coolant) and also helped get any air pockets out.

We then cut off the water supply to the reservoir. Plugged the return pipe back and fed the reservoir with distilled water and anti-freeze. Once the fresh mix started overflowing from the radiator plug, closed it off and left the engine running for about 10 minutes. Coolant levels seem to have stabilized now. Only time will tell if the procedure has helped. Engine temperature levels also are much lower than earlier.

On another happy note, the car completes 6 years today. ODO stands at 103000 KMS.
Don't have any good pics of the car handy. Will click a few this coming weekend and update them here.

Cheers and drive safe,
Kiran.
Old 17th October 2014, 15:10   #232
BHPian

Quote:
This was done at Bugstop (Pavan's garage) in Bangalore (Jakkur to be specific).

Parts painted were: bonnet, front bumper, front left fender, both left side doors, left mirror cover, left C pillar, boot.

Cost: 8500 INR.
That's a good price. Actually I am not sure what is the cost of painting these days. Have totally lost touch for few years

I am in the market for repainting my 2003 GTX. I have been getting quote from 25K to 55K.

I just need a reliable guy who will do the job in my absence as well.

Please can you PM me the contact number Pavan's garage

Regards
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2014, 20:53   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
That's a good price. Actually I am not sure what is the cost of painting these days. Have totally lost touch for few years

I am in the market for repainting my 2003 GTX. I have been getting quote from 25K to 55K.

I just need a reliable guy who will do the job in my absence as well.

Please can you PM me the contact number Pavan's garage

Regards
The cost of the paintjob will largely depend on what you are getting done and the materials being used. This job on my Stile cost 8500, but the job being performed on my S10 is going to cost in excess of 40k.

A small comparo, just as a reference
1. Stile was painted using DuPont paint, S10 being painted with Glasurit.
2. Stile did not have any tinkering work except the fender. The S10 had quite a few spots that needed correction.
3. Stile did not need any body prep except sanding the affected areas. S10 has been stripped to the metal and being prepped.
4. Stile was not painted in a booth. S10 being painted in a dust/static free booth with temperature and humidity control.

PM'ed you Pavan's contact info
Old 20th October 2014, 14:19   #234
BHPian

Quote:
The cost of the paintjob will largely depend on what you are getting done and the materials being used. This job on my Stile cost 8500, but the job being performed on my S10 is going to cost in excess of 40k.

PM'ed you Pavan's contact info
Thanks for the Info.

Are you getting your S10 repainted at the same place.

My GTX also needs to be stripped of its old paint. The original paint is in very bad condition all over the car, but there is no dents at all on my car.

Regards
chandrda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 18:39   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Thanks for the Info.

Are you getting your S10 repainted at the same place.

My GTX also needs to be stripped of its old paint. The original paint is in very bad condition all over the car, but there is no dents at all on my car.

Regards
Yes. My S10 is also being painted at the same place. You can see the paint progress on this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...rogress-5.html
Old 12th September 2017, 01:01   #236
BHPian

Hey All, for anyone following this thread, the car is now for sale. Ad posted in the classified section if you would like to take a look.
Old 25th September 2017, 18:11   #237
BHPian

The car is now sold.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th September 2017 at 19:29. Reason: Post edited. Thread open.