Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th October 2010, 11:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Only after he realized what he was up against, did he agree to reluctantly cough up 10K which should cover my out of pocket expenses from the insurance claim.
Man, sorry about that, what a bum trip & so totally unnecessary! There goes your NCB & you'll be looking at a 20% loading on your premium next year

Last edited by suman : 7th October 2010 at 11:09.
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 11:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I am not really bothered about the vehicle perse. It is just that the kids are off from school next week and we were planning on a extended road trip. Those plans are now down the drain. This is what is most upsetting. Anyways, this is life, I guess...

I was alone in the car so no body was hurt.

Thankfully the door and bumper took most of the impact so there is no issues with the general body line or chasis. Got a call from the dealer India Garage saying the following needs be changed:

1) Door (only 5% depreciation)
2) Bumper Middle portion(50% depreciation)
3) Rear Glass (no depreciation)
4) Window sealant beading etc...
5) Cladding on rear door.

Overall it should come out okay since there will be no repaired parts but all new parts once they are done. It is a bigger problem when you get the body panels. Funny thing was the parking sensors continued to work fine despite the impact.
very sad. will they not repair it in a week, to keep the vacation on, wishful thinking though
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 15:23   #63
NFS
BHPian

Updates pls? Got it repaired? Did the vacation happen?
NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:27   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Ended up borrowing my cousin's Honda city for the vacation. Got the vehicle back last week. The delay was due to non availability of the 4x4 rear bumper which has a provision for the rear pindle/tow hook. If it was the 2WD bumper they had it in stock. Anyways vehicle is as good as new and have put this episode behind :-)..

Will update ownership report after my 3rd free service at 15K kms.

Total repair bill was Rs. 21000 of which the craziest prices where Rs. 2000 for ONE (middle) rear parking sensor and Rs. 2000 for the paste/sealant used to fix the rear glass. Can you believe these pries !!!

Last edited by 4x4addict : 23rd October 2010 at 20:28.
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 15:43   #65
NFS
BHPian

Good to know that the vacation went as planned (other than missing your own scorpio)

21000 wow.
Please post the splitup when you get time. Good that you got 10k from the lorry owner.

Are the sensors so costly? Fixing the glass is 2000rs?

Drive safely.

NFS
NFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2010, 16:31   #66
BHPian

Quote:
The delay was due to non availability of the 4x4 rear bumper which has a provision for the rear pindle/tow hook. If it was the 2WD bumper they had it in stock.

Total repair bill was Rs. 21000 of which the craziest prices where Rs. 2000 for ONE (middle) rear parking sensor and Rs. 2000 for the paste/sealant used to fix the rear glass. Can you believe these pries !!!
You could have driven without the rear bumper and enjoyed your trip fixing it back once u return.
Does parking sensors come with the vehicle or its an added accessory ?
In such a case, can you buy a reputed sealant from the market and give them to fix ?
Please give us the break up of Rs. 21000

Did you like the lavender colour of your interiors ? actually i didnt. And also the space between those bucket seats in the 3rd row looks absurd, atleast from what i see in your pic.A central console or the sort would have helped.Otherwise, Its a wonderful car and i thoroughly enjoyed reading your 5 pages. Scorpio has improvised a lot compared to safari in the recent years and my perception of scorpio has been changing for the same reason. With that front grill, wooden interiors, new body design, HU , scorpio can challenge any die hard fan of safari now.

Can you please post some pics of the boot with the rear door open and some pic on the third row seating
blackbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 19:21   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Boring 15K and 3rd Service Update

Scorpio has clocked 16.5K Kms. Only one issue keeps appearing and self healing. The damn Tire Pressure monitor sensor. Other than this the vehicle has been completely trouble free.

Third free service was done at 15K kilometers. This service was actually a really FREE service since there was no fluid changes or parts required. Purely inspect this, inspect that, blah, blah...

Looking forward to another 84K miles so I can sell this and buy a Fortuner...

Added a roof rack and OEM bullbar which I got free at the time of delivery. Also added a pair of 100 watts off-road driving lights. Some pics attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update-tkscorpio4.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 10th January 2011, 20:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update

Did not quite understand the "boring" part? Why this 1L km mark for upgrading to fortuner?

A personal opinion, but I feel that the bull bar is spoiling the look.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 22:20   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Did not quite understand the "boring" part? Why this 1L km mark for upgrading to fortuner?

A personal opinion, but I feel that the bull bar is spoiling the look.
By "boring", I meant nothing special to report. Just the usual trouble free chugging of miles.

1L KMs as I feel, my usage will justify the hit in depreciation.

I don't like the bull bar too much either, but it is more for the Autorikshaws in chennai and I got it free so just added. I wouldn't have paid money for it...
Old 11th January 2011, 09:56   #70
Senior - BHPian

4X4, Thats a bad rear ending for your ride.

Serves right for the 407 driver. Trust your ride gets to the earlier smart shape sooner than later!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 10:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Customer Service Helps Out

Hey T
this engine care ripoff is quite common. happens all the time.
But SKS in Bangalore are under strict instructions not to do all this fiddle faddle with my vehicle.
One of their people tried it on me once when I first sent the vehicle there for servicing (after they absorbed Vijai Auto lock stock and barrel) and since I know the people there I created a ruckus. Never again have they attempted this trick.
Seeing the way your rear bumper is crushed after that impact it looks quite horrible. Sometimes one wishes one could install an invisible, electro-magnetic "force shield" a la Star Trek to repel all boarders! What say?
Cheers

Quote:
@shatrughna:

Just wanted to update on the cheating by India Garage. Mahindra got involved and I got a call from India Garage today that the amount for *Engine Care Ripoff" will be refunded. They will be sending a check for the refund. I didn't have to call Mahindra. Only emailed the customer support email on their website and they took care of it. I definitely appreciate and commend Mahindra for standing up for their customer who has been swindled by the dealer.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th September 2011 at 11:41. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 12:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Boring 15K and 3rd Service Update

Quote:

Looking forward to another 84K miles so I can sell this and buy a Fortuner...
Man, are we on the same boat or what. Lets see who gets there faster
Red Liner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 13:24   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

My overall satisfactory experience was marred by a recent breakdown of my Scorpio. More details are in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...reak-down.html (Scorpio Mhawk Clutch Failure & Break Down)
Old 5th September 2011, 22:21   #74
Senior - BHPian

4x4 addict - my own Black Scorpio 4WD VLX is an exact replica of your car. Done 5000 KM in it so far and two offroad trips, 3 long distance trips to Agra & back from Gurgaon and one to Agra and Jaipur from Gurgaon.

I Like the 100 W offroad lights, which make and how much can I get them in Chennai or will the dealer courier it to me ? Will post some pics of my car too, it needs to go to the stealership for one day again because the AC is not working, it had just been to the 5000 K service which was a major rip off.
desertfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 23:25   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

@dessertfox:

My Scorpio has now clocked 43,000 miles so I guess it is time to move on to the Long Term Ownership section.

Lights were sourced abroad. I have swapped these out with Hella Ralleye 4000s.