Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 9th April 2013, 15:19   #106
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Gone Baby Gone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Finally after 3 years my Scorpio and I have parted ways. Overall it has been a mixed experience.

Anyways, I am glad I found a perfect replacement for my Scorpio. It was Dejavu for me all over again as I had the exact same vehicle in the USA with a V8 petrol instead of the I6 Diesel.
Very crisp and good ownership summary, Tini

And congrats on the TLC...wishing you many, many miles of trouble-free driving/off-roading with it.

Million dollar question....how do you feel about the TLC in comparison to the Patrol that you had earlier ?

Looking forward to the ownership thread with the details about the TLC.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 17:40   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Gone Baby Gone....

Quote:
Finally after 3 years my Scorpio and I have parted ways. Overall it has been a mixed experience.
Hi TK - A pithy report indeed.
Congratulations on getting the TLC. Now that's one heckuva machine and I would love seeing some snaps and reading something about it !
Wishing you many a thousand, safe and happy, miles in it.
Guderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 20:25   #108
BHPian

Default Re: Gone Baby Gone....

Quote:
Anyways, I am glad I found a perfect replacement for my Scorpio. It was Dejavu for me all over again as I had the exact same vehicle in the USA with a V8 petrol instead of the I6 Diesel.
Congrats! Wish you many many happy miles of motoring with your new beauty! Happy DejaVu!
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2013, 21:00   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Any latest updates on that? Where is the Ironman dealership in India?
Zac Marratukulam in Bangalore is Ironman Dealer for India. I can PM you his number if required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
As a wannabe Scorpio buyer, your closing thread remarks make me wonder again if I should buy a Scorpio, however considering no other diesel SUV with AT is available at this range, not sure what to be done.
Overall the Scorpio is a decent vehicle and if you don't have any other choice like in your case with AT, then it is okay to get it. But if there is a better choice like the Safari Storme, it is better to get that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
PS: Hey, and did you get the Ironman suspension kit on the scorpio or not? If you did, do share your feedback.
Since the ride was my biggest problem, I thought a suspension upgrade will make it more livable but then when a suspension is poorly designed to begin with, how much can Ironman or Bilstien do to help? I believe these after market options make a good suspension system better, but you cannot fix a flawed suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Are you changing rides with landcruiser? Seems, I have missed a thread on the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Congrats Tini on getting the LEGEND!!
Will look forward to your ownership report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I feel you should start a separate thread for it with a lot of pictures and other details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
And congrats on the TLC...wishing you many, many miles of trouble-free driving/off-roading with it.

Million dollar question....how do you feel about the TLC in comparison to the Patrol that you had earlier ?

Looking forward to the ownership thread with the details about the TLC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi TK - A pithy report indeed.
Congratulations on getting the TLC. Now that's one heckuva machine and I would love seeing some snaps and reading something about it !
Wishing you many a thousand, safe and happy, miles in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Congrats! Wish you many many happy miles of motoring with your new beauty! Happy DejaVu!
Thanks guys. Will be posting a detailed review. I wanted to update all the wear and tear items before I start using it so was waiting for a whole bunch of stuff to arrive from Dubai. The stuff is here and I will put a thread with detailed report shortly.

@senthil: The Patrol I had earlier was a much better vehicle off-road as it had solid axle with coil springs front and back and much more robust differentials. But personally I prefer the LC100 for the following reason. 1) It is mainly a 4WD Tourer so I don't intend to take it for any off-road events. So I am quite happy with the handling and comfort offered by IFS. But don't let this IFS fool you, the Thar CRDe/Scorpio drive shaft looks like a tooth pick when compared to the TLC front IFS drive shaft. Secondly this vehicle has close to 7 to 8 inches of suspension travel compared to 2 to 3 inches for scorpio before hitting the bump stop.
2) The Patrol was Naturally aspirated 4.2 inline 6 with 130 bhp/29 kgm Torque. The TLC has a Turbo Charged Intercooled 4.2 inline 6 diesel which is good for 205 bhp/44 kgm Torque. Peak Torque is available from 1400 rpm.
3) Patrol was manual and my TLC is Automatic. Frankly the way our traffic situation is getting worse, I actually prefer an Automatic. The Transfer case is manual.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 15:57   #110
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update

There is no comparision. On road or off road, LC 100 or LWB Nissan Patrols even the older models are in a totally different class.
Scorpio is merely an Indian alternative due to a very prohibitive import tax structure.
desertfox is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2013, 16:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Scorpio VLX mhawk 4WD with Air Bags EDIT - 43000 kms update

Quote:
... my TLC is Automatic. Frankly the way our traffic situation is getting worse, I actually prefer an Automatic. The Transfer case is manual.
This combo is good ... automatic transmission with manual-shift-transfer-case .
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote