Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:59   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
djay99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cork, Ireland
Posts: 1,456
Thanked: 491 Times
Default

I doubt extended warranty is available on I20 CRDi.
Even getz crdi has a std 2 years warranty and no EW. Looks like hyundai is aware of problems that may pop up after say 40K KM.
djay99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 15:22   #32
Newbie
 
pratip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 10
Thanked: Once
Default

Shankar (sdp1975) was talking about my car. I took my car (verna CRDI) to Hyundai service centre with the following complain:


1. Extremely low pickup. It was struggling to touch 60 kmph . The pickup was somewhat OK above 3000 rpm. But to reach 3000 rpm it struggles a lot.
2. Lots of black smoke from the exhaust.


The service advisor initially suspected this to be a turbo charger failure. Later they said the EGR valve is faulty and needs to be replaced. They checked the turbo charger and confirmed that it has no problem.


I am a novice in car. Only thing I know about car is driving. So please guide me, what are the things I should check while taking delivery of the car. EW is valid till march 2011.
pratip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 20:56   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,269
Thanked: 1,234 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratip View Post
Shankar (sdp1975) was talking about my car. I took my car (verna CRDI) to Hyundai service centre with the following complain:


1. Extremely low pickup. It was struggling to touch 60 kmph . The pickup was somewhat OK above 3000 rpm. But to reach 3000 rpm it struggles a lot.
2. Lots of black smoke from the exhaust.


The service advisor initially suspected this to be a turbo charger failure. Later they said the EGR valve is faulty and needs to be replaced. They checked the turbo charger and confirmed that it has no problem.


I am a novice in car. Only thing I know about car is driving. So please guide me, what are the things I should check while taking delivery of the car. EW is valid till march 2011.
Make sure your car is running normally after they give it back to you---and please do not hesitate to return the car to them if you suspect something is still wrong. After all, you don't have much time left---March, 2011 is hardly 7 months away!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 21:35   #34
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Make sure your car is running normally after they give it back to you---and please do not hesitate to return the car to them if you suspect something is still wrong. After all, you don't have much time left---March, 2011 is hardly 7 months away!
Womt you get 6 months of part warranty on any genuine accessory?
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 22:23   #35
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I doubt extended warranty is available on I20 CRDi.
Even getz crdi has a std 2 years warranty and no EW. Looks like hyundai is aware of problems that may pop up after say 40K KM.
EW is available on I-20 Crdi, 2 years std warranty plus 2 years extendable. When I bought my I20, EW was not offered but they have it now. Think it costs Rs.8500 for 1 year and 15K for 2 years(not sure).
Does anyone know how much the turbo on the I20 costs?
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 22:53   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,598 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
EW is available on I-20 Crdi, 2 years std warranty plus 2 years extendable. When I bought my I20, EW was not offered but they have it now. Think it costs Rs.8500 for 1 year and 15K for 2 years(not sure).
No EW on diesels. Thats for the petrol version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Does anyone know how much the turbo on the I20 costs?
Last i checked, it was around 50k + labour.
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 14:15   #37
BHPian
 
shivasuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 766
Thanked: 271 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
No EW on diesels. Thats for the petrol version.

Last i checked, it was around 50k + labour.
Thanks for the info kpzen. EW is available on the diesel I20. I checked it at Advaith Hyundai on ORR. I even asked the SA if it was for the petrol, and he said no "hyundai just sent in this week". This was in March 2010.
I will recheck again when I go for my 3rd service in September.
shivasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Predator - Ebony Black Hyundai Verna CRDI SX ABS - 100,000 kms update on pg 15 predatorwheelz Long-Term Ownership Reviews 248 12th September 2016 08:23
Hyundai Verna CRDI - 100,000 Kms and Beyond vivekkr_99 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 46 21st October 2014 12:38
White Rocket - Verna CRDi Base w/o ABS - Update - Sold after 1 lakh + Kms vkochar Long-Term Ownership Reviews 167 18th May 2013 12:47
Verna CRDI (ABS) 30,000 Kms report on problems sag_kv Long-Term Ownership Reviews 24 11th March 2010 22:46
Hyundai Verna CRDi SX/ABS update.. 15000 kms Sep 2008 amitwadhwa Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 27th July 2009 15:39


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks