Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 21st March 2011, 10:13   #106
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default re: Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
2nd Service Update: Overall, I would rate the experience as 9 out of 10.
Nice to hear good feed-back about the servicing done by Fiat-Tata authorised service station. The photographs are breathtaking, neoonwheels.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 11:42   #107
BHPian

Default re: Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km

great report!
Good to see another satisfied FIAT customer.
Nice pics too
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 12:28   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Nice to hear good feed-back about the servicing done by Fiat-Tata authorised service station. The photographs are breathtaking, neoonwheels.
Thanks Ravi. Pandit is in reality not very famous amongst Pune FIAT owners but to my surprise they were good at resolving issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
great report!
Good to see another satisfied FIAT customer.
Nice pics too
Thanks Shantyrocks
neoonwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 13:05   #109
Senior - BHPian

Nice update neo. Sorry to hear about your logos. I dreaded going to Pandit for our Indigo services and have finally stopped doing it since some time now.

PS : You may want to hide your personal details from the bill.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 18:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

FE since last 2.5K KM:
Attached Images

Old 3rd September 2011, 10:46   #111
Senior - BHPian

Its been quite a while since i updated this thread. As the car has achieved a significant milestone, thought of putting down my ownership experience so far. So its been 1.5 years since this black beauty entered my life. Yes, the life has been wonderful since then. Touch wood but NO FIAT antics on the service front. My experience with both BUB and Pandit has been quite good so far. I pray, I would keep munching miles in this beautiful Italian hatch.

Positives:

1. I always feel safe whenever I enter this car. Awesome built quality and the typical FIAT thud of the doors.
2. I thoroughly enjoy driving this beauty. She really understands you whenever you are doing good speeds on the highways. She never ever misbehaved on any speed, be it a single ditit or triple digits.
3. Outstanding and typical FIAT handling which makes you push more and more. Clocked 160 on E-way without any fear. Of course I did this when the road was clear upto some 2 KMs. No insane driving anywhere.
4. Engine has become smooth since 6000 km and now its very slient in the 60-100 range.
5. The FE has been good since I bought the car. I consistently get 15-16 in the City and 18-20 on highways with ACC always on.
6. The ACC is a boon. You dont need to fiddle with the controls. Just set the temp and she will make sure you will always be comfortable.
7. Bluetooth is VERY practical. Talking on phone in the car had never been so pleasing before.
8. The ergonomics are good and I dont have to search for controls, be it ACC adjustment or playing with Audio.
9. Another boon is the Steering wheel controls. You just can not help but appreciate the fact that you dont have to divert your attention on the center console while driving and still play around with stereo volumn or changing the songs/radio stations.
10. The OBD shows much helpful data on: Avg FE, Avg speed, Inst FE, Distance to emtpy, Temp, clock, date, song/radio station. You get trip A and B for measuring your FE and other data.
11. The follow me lights could be a good feature for people staying in bunglows etc. Its not much of a help for me as the parking is always well lit.
12. I am not much of a audiophile, so I have not used the BluenMe much to control music, but its a good add on.
13. I have not spent money on the car apart from regular service and once a mirror (220/-). The money is spent regularly on fuel and nothing else.
14. Since I bought the car, the calculation says, I spend 2.53/- per km on fuel and adding insurance and maintenance makes it 4.01/- per km. Its kinda awesome since I used to spend around around 6/- on my Palio (Petrol) per KM. The more you clock the eralier you break even the petrol-diesel thing. As per my calc, for me the break even is, 28000 km. May be another year and I would break even.
15. The engine guard is awesome and it really saves your A**

Negatives:

1. A big thing is of course the turning radius. I dont understand why FIATs have such a horrible turning radius. Makes life difficult in our cities.
2. The space on the rear bench could have been better. I feel even my Palio was spacious on the rear bench. May be slowly all Indian hatchbacks are accomodating only 2 on the rear bench, except ofcourse the Vista.
3. At times, the turbo lag is annoying in the 2nd gear. You have to keep changing gears initially but when you hit 3rd, its a boon.
4. Headlights are not to my taste for night driving. You have an option to upgrade to other good same watt bulbs. I would soon shift to Night Breakers.
5. The headlight throw is also not good when kept on dipper. In city you can not shift to upper unless necessary but this annoys me at times. The throw should have been better.
6. The nose of the car is pretty low and you have to be careful on speed breakers.
7. The engine noise is audible post 110, also the tyre noise is not well insulated.
8. I would have loved to have Polo like gear shift quality. The gear shift at times feel rubbery. My Palio had a better gear shift quality.

These are just my opinions and would differ with other owners. Overall, I would rate the car as 8.5 in my ownership experience. I had FIAT before, so was kind of ok about the service, and I am happy to say that I did not face any trouble since last 6 years now. Thanks to FIAT, the car is not getting as much sales as it deserves.

The interior though at places feel cheap, did never failed me. Not even a single part fell off the place. I would not say its of a very good quality but certainly its not as BAD as its made out. I hope FIAT would separate the sales operations and concentrate on the spare part inventory at dealers. They can even have their independent spare part distributors/online shop so that customers can order stuff which can be fitted like DIY or by a road side garage.

I would not say Punto has all the bells but then I can overlook the negatives as the positives play a good part in my driving experience. I would say its once of the best hatches as per my requirements and I am totally satisfied on my decision of buying this Italian beauty. Will have a photoshoot and will upload pics soon.

Moderators: Could you please update the thread title to "15000 km update"?
neoonwheels is online now   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 15:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Attached are the pics of the Car expenses:

Maintenance, Mileage over 2010 and 2011 and then Overall mileage since I bought the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-maint.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-mil_2010.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-mil_2011.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-mil_overall.jpg  

neoonwheels is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 17:17   #113
BHPian

WOW!!!
You do like your maths.

This can be helpful for someone who is thinking if buying punto.
And the FE is spot on, this is very close to what I have been getting.
SumitBahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 17:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
WOW!!!
You do like your maths.

This can be helpful for someone who is thinking if buying punto.
And the FE is spot on, this is very close to what I have been getting.
Thanks Sumit. I hope this would help people take an educated decision while buying Punto/Linea MJD.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:29   #115
BHPian

Great.

Good to see your maths

I regularly get a mileage of 18-19 kmpl in Pune city in my MJD and 25-27 on highways.

I have completed 1.2 years and 9500 kms in my Punto and agree with most of the points you have put up.
maverickxx2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 20:45   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Great.

Good to see your maths

I regularly get a mileage of 18-19 kmpl in Pune city in my MJD and 25-27 on highways.

I have completed 1.2 years and 9500 kms in my Punto and agree with most of the points you have put up.
18-19 in City is terrific. It seems, I need to fine tune my driving style. This engine is a real gem.
Old 5th September 2011, 21:52   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Its been quite a while since i updated this thread. As the car has achieved a significant milestone, thought of putting down my ownership experience so far. So its been 1.5 years since this black beauty entered my life. Yes, the life has been wonderful since then. Touch wood but NO FIAT antics on the service front. My experience with both BUB and Pandit has been quite good so far. I pray, I would keep munching miles in this beautiful Italian hatch.

Positives:

1. I always feel safe whenever I enter this car. Awesome built quality and the typical FIAT thud of the doors.
2. I thoroughly enjoy driving this beauty. She really understands you whenever you are doing good speeds on the highways. She never ever misbehaved on any speed, be it a single ditit or triple digits.
3. Outstanding and typical FIAT handling which makes you push more and more. Clocked 160 on E-way without any fear. Of course I did this when the road was clear upto some 2 KMs. No insane driving anywhere.
4. Engine has become smooth since 6000 km and now its very slient in the 60-100 range.
5. The FE has been good since I bought the car. I consistently get 15-16 in the City and 18-20 on highways with ACC always on.
6. The ACC is a boon. You dont need to fiddle with the controls. Just set the temp and she will make sure you will always be comfortable.
7. Bluetooth is VERY practical. Talking on phone in the car had never been so pleasing before.
8. The ergonomics are good and I dont have to search for controls, be it ACC adjustment or playing with Audio.
9. Another boon is the Steering wheel controls. You just can not help but appreciate the fact that you dont have to divert your attention on the center console while driving and still play around with stereo volumn or changing the songs/radio stations.
10. The OBD shows much helpful data on: Avg FE, Avg speed, Inst FE, Distance to emtpy, Temp, clock, date, song/radio station. You get trip A and B for measuring your FE and other data.
11. The follow me lights could be a good feature for people staying in bunglows etc. Its not much of a help for me as the parking is always well lit.
12. I am not much of a audiophile, so I have not used the BluenMe much to control music, but its a good add on.
13. I have not spent money on the car apart from regular service and once a mirror (220/-). The money is spent regularly on fuel and nothing else.
14. Since I bought the car, the calculation says, I spend 2.53/- per km on fuel and adding insurance and maintenance makes it 4.01/- per km. Its kinda awesome since I used to spend around around 6/- on my Palio (Petrol) per KM. The more you clock the eralier you break even the petrol-diesel thing. As per my calc, for me the break even is, 28000 km. May be another year and I would break even.
15. The engine guard is awesome and it really saves your A**

Negatives:

1. A big thing is of course the turning radius. I dont understand why FIATs have such a horrible turning radius. Makes life difficult in our cities.
2. The space on the rear bench could have been better. I feel even my Palio was spacious on the rear bench. May be slowly all Indian hatchbacks are accomodating only 2 on the rear bench, except ofcourse the Vista.
3. At times, the turbo lag is annoying in the 2nd gear. You have to keep changing gears initially but when you hit 3rd, its a boon.
4. Headlights are not to my taste for night driving. You have an option to upgrade to other good same watt bulbs. I would soon shift to Night Breakers.
5. The headlight throw is also not good when kept on dipper. In city you can not shift to upper unless necessary but this annoys me at times. The throw should have been better.
6. The nose of the car is pretty low and you have to be careful on speed breakers.
7. The engine noise is audible post 110, also the tyre noise is not well insulated.
8. I would have loved to have Polo like gear shift quality. The gear shift at times feel rubbery. My Palio had a better gear shift quality.

These are just my opinions and would differ with other owners. Overall, I would rate the car as 8.5 in my ownership experience. I had FIAT before, so was kind of ok about the service, and I am happy to say that I did not face any trouble since last 6 years now. Thanks to FIAT, the car is not getting as much sales as it deserves.

The interior though at places feel cheap, did never failed me. Not even a single part fell off the place. I would not say its of a very good quality but certainly its not as BAD as its made out. I hope FIAT would separate the sales operations and concentrate on the spare part inventory at dealers. They can even have their independent spare part distributors/online shop so that customers can order stuff which can be fitted like DIY or by a road side garage.

I would not say Punto has all the bells but then I can overlook the negatives as the positives play a good part in my driving experience. I would say its once of the best hatches as per my requirements and I am totally satisfied on my decision of buying this Italian beauty. Will have a photoshoot and will upload pics soon.

Moderators: Could you please update the thread title to "15000 km update"?
neononwheels, I cant agree more with you. I read every point written by you carefully and 100% in agreement with your observations - both positives and negatives. I just clocked 22000 kms on my Punto last weekend during my drive to Palani in Tamilnadu. The car just seem to get better as it ages more.

Even the last trip in the weekend was decided at 10PM on Friday night and we are out at 5.30AM next morning. It is a 400km drive one way from Bangalore. We dumped all the luggage in the space between front and back seat, put a flexible bed cushion on top with two pillows and it made a nice bed.

My two kids did not know what hit them early in the morning. We just picked them up from bed and made then to sleep in the car. They continued to sleep until we reached Salem which is 200 kms away. Such was the ride quality.

I am happy to see positive experiences from fellow Punto owners as well.
gopikb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 17:28   #118
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pics. Had been to Kaas yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-img_07281.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-img_07871.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-img_07941.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-img_08051.jpg  

Old 11th September 2011, 19:57   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
18-19 in City is terrific. It seems, I need to fine tune my driving style. This engine is a real gem.
18 19 in city and 25 27 in highway is very good. Do you always have tailwinds? Or you employ some hyper mileing effects?
goandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 10:47   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
18 19 in city and 25 27 in highway is very good. Do you always have tailwinds? Or you employ some hyper mileing effects?
Its not me but Maverick who is clocking these amazing figures. The max I could get is 19 with Highway-City mix