Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 14th March 2010, 17:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km

I owned a car of a brand which is an easy target for people to bash. A brand which people said is going to shut shop in India. A brand which people say, is Doomed. Well nothing of that sort happened as of now. After all not every story has a sad end . For me one end is a new beginning. Its hard for any FIATian to shift over to another brand and that too after 5 years of happy after sales service. I am not an exception to this, so here I am back again with a new FIAT.

Apr 2005, when FIAT was hardly known to anybody, I took the risk of buying a Palio. Many of friends laughed at me but then the same bunch of people never let me drive my car in their presence and the car always witnessed fights on who should drive the car. After spending 5 years with the car, I am lucky to hand it over to another FIATian. I wish the new owner and my car a long lasting relationship. (Here is 'P'alio's story: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-update.html (FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport EDIT - 17000 kms Update)).

A new beginning: Originally I zeroed down on Linea petrol but then recent development in my company made me go for diesel due to increase in running of the car. Diesel Linea was out of budget so I set my eyes on Punto MJD emotion pack. Booked the car on 3rd Mar 2010 and done the TBhp PDI on 4th Mar 2010. After some delay from the bank in the disbursement, I got the delivery of my beauty on 12th Mar 2010. The car was available in stock and so I got the car for price set before the new excise duty came into picture. So at 6.8L on road, I got the top end version of Punto MJD.

I feel its an absolute VFM car after looking at the Polo diesel pricing. It is very much good to drive it in city. I am not sure how much the interior quality has improved but the interiors certainly feel nice. Its not in the league of i20 but then even it is priced way below compared to i20, so I do not have any problems with it. The BluenMe system rocks like anything. It has increased my phone usage now :P. You really don't need to comment on steering feedback and handling of the car as its a typical FIAT touch on every other FIAT model. The steering in Punto feels meaty and accurate. The auto climate controls works wonder and I no more need to adjust AC frequently. I will go for a good photo shoot once I get some time. Till then following are some initial pics.

Coming up next: Driving and Dealership experience
Attached Thumbnails
Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3140017.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3140016.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3140020.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3140014.jpg  

Every P has its story! P2P : Fiat Palio to Punto (MJD). EDIT: Sold at 75000 km-p3140019.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by neoonwheels : 14th March 2010 at 17:44.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 17:50   #2
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

congratulations on your new wheels..
car-dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:01   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

neonwheels & punto owners, is the front quarter glass blanked out from inside the car??

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...d-p3140020.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 14th March 2010 at 18:06.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:04   #4
BHPian

congrats,
i went on from SIENA petrol to Punto Diesel.but dynamic.not as rich as you to get the E pack.
vigneshram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:28   #5
BHPian

Thumbs up

Congrats for the GP. Its a suberb car and FIAT A.S.S. is really going good. I went to the FIAT Service Camp in Mumbai today. Met Mangesh today and even the folks in Fortune Cars showed around the stores and the service bays. They have quite a good inventory of spares for GP and Linea in the stores. Hope this is the case across all the service centers in India.
arishi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats neo. Welcome to the Punto club. Black looks stunning. Any plans of changing the tyres ?
sdp1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 18:49   #7
BHPian

congrats mate punto is absolute value for money , enjoy !!
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 20:53   #8
BHPian

Fiat to Fiat is right, in my case from Uno to Linea, and no regrets whatsoever. Congrats on the black stallion. Happy mile crunching. Once a FIATer, always a FIATer I guess.
NutsNBolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 21:22   #9
BHPian

congrats "p2p"ian. Punto is the VFM car in the segment.
Soccerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 21:23   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy on the new Fiat, Enjoy the Black beauty!
finneyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 21:36   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I owned a car of a brand which is an easy target for people to bash. A brand which people said is going to shut shop in India. A brand which people say, is Doomed. Well nothing of that sort happened as of now. After all not every story has a sad end . For me one end is a new beginning. Its hard for any FIATian to shift over to another brand and that too after 5 years of happy after sales service. I am not an exception to this, so here I am back again with a new FIAT.

Apr 2005, when FIAT was hardly known to anybody, I took the risk of buying a Palio. Many of friends laughed at me but then the same bunch of people never let me drive my car in their presence and the car always witnessed fights on who should drive the car. After spending 5 years with the car, I am lucky to hand it over to another FIATian. I wish the new owner and my car a long lasting relationship. (Here is 'P'alio's story: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ms-update.html (FIAT Palio 1.2 NV Sport EDIT - 17000 kms Update)).

A new beginning: Originally I zeroed down on Linea petrol but then recent development in my company made me go for diesel due to increase in running of the car. Diesel Linea was out of budget so I set my eyes on Punto MJD emotion pack. Booked the car on 3rd Mar 2010 and done the TBhp PDI on 4th Mar 2010. After some delay from the bank in the disbursement, I got the delivery of my beauty on 12th Mar 2010. The car was available in stock and so I got the car for price set before the new excise duty came into picture. So at 6.8L on road, I got the top end version of Punto MJD.

I feel its an absolute VFM car after looking at the Polo diesel pricing. It is very much good to drive it in city. I am not sure how much the interior quality has improved but the interiors certainly feel nice. Its not in the league of i20 but then even it is priced way below compared to i20, so I do not have any problems with it. The BluenMe system rocks like anything. It has increased my phone usage now :P. You really don't need to comment on steering feedback and handling of the car as its a typical FIAT touch on every other FIAT model. The steering in Punto feels meaty and accurate. The auto climate controls works wonder and I no more need to adjust AC frequently. I will go for a good photo shoot once I get some time. Till then following are some initial pics.

Coming up next: Driving and Dealership experience
how come the the right front quarter glass is closed.?

btw congrats and welcome to the club!
amulu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 22:52   #12
BHPian

Neo, Congrats and welcome to the Grande Punto club. Having driven a Palio, you may be just continuing your wonderful experience with FIAT. People like me migrated from Maruti to Hyundai and then to FIAT. But now, after driving the FIAT for about 6 months, I cant imagine driving any other car. The steering, handling and the high speed stability is something which FIAT beats all other cars of similar size hands down. Enjoy your beauty and crunch many a safe miles with it.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 23:13   #13
BHPian

congratz buddy..!
enjoy your black beauty..
shantyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2010, 23:45   #14
BHPian

Congrats mate. Punto looks stunning in black.
Happy days ahead and enjoy your beauty.
bnzjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2010, 07:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. I am thoroughly enjoying my beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
neonwheels & punto owners, is the front quarter glass blanked out from inside the car??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulu10 View Post
how come the the right front quarter glass is closed.?

btw congrats and welcome to the club!
The quarter glass is not closed. Its a part just before the glass starts. Its because of the angle it looks like the quarter glass is closed.
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote