Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 20:10   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi Gemi,

Sorry for using your space to put up some pictures, quite bad compared to others, but to show space.

Myself: 5'11" - HTC phone - was very comfortable behind the driver
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image_936.jpg

Wife: 5'4" - Lavish space
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image_938.jpg

This was on a test drive of the diesel done about 2 weeks back. Would have gone for it, but for a quirky turn of events!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:30   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
This was on a test drive of the diesel done about 2 weeks back. Would have gone for it, but for a quirky turn of events!
Thats sad news. From your earlier posts i was thinking we could become the "FUG"-ians for the next "PUG" meet. What happened. Anything with ford?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:43   #138
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Gemi can post a closer shop of antenna? Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.

Last edited by mkerala : 29th March 2010 at 21:45.
mkerala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2010, 21:54   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 269
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Very cool feature, because I sometimes leave my wife in the car while I go to the ATM. Now she can be occupied while I do so.
Why not try ATM of HDFC bank, LOL? It's much faster, they claim.
lejhoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 01:46   #140
BHPian
 
jayded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: TVM, HYD
Posts: 535
Thanked: 455 Times
Default

Hi Gemi, congrats on the new Figo, it's definitely a beauty, cheers!!!!

Which insurance did you opt for? The one the dealer offered or external? And how much did it amount to.
Also do you with which all insurance firms does Kairali Ford have a tie-up with, i mean a cashless transaction?
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 08:36   #141
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Red looks stunning be it for Fords and Fiats.

The comparo between Fusion and Figo was nice. Sad they priced the Fusion wrongly or should we say the timing as wrong?

Your find about stereo is a cool feature IMHO.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 13:20   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Gemi can post a closer shop of antenna? Also how do we plug in usb to the player? Is there a usb port at rear of the player? I have heard so. Please check and confirm.
I really dont think it has a USB. The manual says there is a USB port in the dash. But atleast on my Exi i could not find any. Also the options available are Radio,Aux-in and CD. If there was a USB slot available i think we should have seen such an option in the menu. Just my thought. Not very sure.

And about someone saying about an Aux-in to USB connector. I'm not sure something like that can work since there needs to be software to read what is on the USB while an aux-in is just a input slot AFAIK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi Gemi, congrats on the new Figo, it's definitely a beauty, cheers!!!!

Which insurance did you opt for? The one the dealer offered or external? And how much did it amount to. Also do you with which all insurance firms does Kairali Ford have a tie-up with, i mean a cashless transaction?
They had New India Insurance. I'm really not sure if it is a cashless facility. My amount was less since i transferred my no clam bonus from my earlier car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Red looks stunning be it for Fords and Fiats.

The comparo between Fusion and Figo was nice. Sad they priced the Fusion wrongly or should we say the timing as wrong?

Your find about stereo is a cool feature IMHO.
Thanks JK. The fusion indeed was ahead of its times. And i guess it still is. We've never really appreciated "different" cars though we all claim to be fed up with status quo.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 17:32   #143
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 250
Thanked: 144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I really dont think it has a USB. The manual says there is a USB port in the dash. But atleast on my Exi i could not find any. Also the options available are Radio,Aux-in and CD. If there was a USB slot available i think we should have seen such an option in the menu. Just my thought. Not very sure.

And about someone saying about an Aux-in to USB connector. I'm not sure something like that can work since there needs to be software to read what is on the USB while an aux-in is just a input slot AFAIK.
Gemi, just came back from Metro Ford first Palace Road and then St. Marks (Bangalore) where I finally booked the 1.2 Titanium with a Coral Dash in Panther Black. Asked them to prefit the Fog Lamps, lets see what they do.

Regarding the USB, they have a cable separately available. many have speculated it to be a USB to Aux-In cable, but it's not it seems. Since I ordered for that as well, I asked specifically "where it needs to connect?" and "can the owner connect it directly?"

The Usual Ford response was to go and look for a person to who knows. Fortunately the chap knew and he was very clear that the ICE needs to be removed to Fix the USB cable to it. If that's the case, then it's most probably a proper USB connector which connects to some proprietary socket at the back. He also said that navigation on iPod should be possible through the cable which rules out the Aux-In input completely.

Cost of the cable: Rs 1100/-

Will have to wait and see what finally arrives.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:04   #144
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

I checked my system. No USB logo on it. So i guess this is one thing people this side of the zxi variant would surely miss.:(

Thanks for the update.

And could someone help me with fitting the fog lamps. Would they have to remove the dash to fix the switch for the fog lamp. I'm not very sure if i want them to do that on my brand new car. What do you guys suggest?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:31   #145
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,975
Thanked: 16,772 Times
Default

Hey Gemi,

Congrats on the car!

You're right about the Figo being absolute VFM. After reading your statements, i did a recheck on Ritz v/s Figo! Only thing i hate is the absence of rear power windows (My WagonR had same issue!), other than that Figo makes Ritz look like daylight robbery, even to a decade old Maruti owners like me!

Ford really has taken the game to another level! Figo TDCi Titanium seems to cost only a bit more compared to Ritz ZXi petrol!

One small suggestion from my side- I think black on the lower portion of the front bumper really improves the kinetic design looks of the Figo, in case you are looking to change anything!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th March 2010 at 18:36.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:36   #146
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats sad news. From your earlier posts i was thinking we could become the "FUG"-ians for the next "PUG" meet. What happened. Anything with ford?
I don't know whether it is sad news yet! You see while comparing the small hatchbacks, my wife saw the Manza, sat in it and we went for a test ride and then and there we decided that we would buy one immediately as we wanted to go for our long distance trips in that for this summer vacation.

Terribly impressed with the Figo, wanted to change our Marina and get it.

Now I will have to dispose the City first and then will see. My Ford sales executive even today was asking me about my decision.

For the PUG meet, let us have more models to break the 'monotony'!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:40   #147
BHPian
 
joethomasv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: KL-44 , KA-12
Posts: 329
Thanked: 180 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Asked them to prefit the Fog Lamps, lets see what they do.
@shubhodeepdas@g How much is the fog lamps?
joethomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:49   #148
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 859
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I checked my system. No USB logo on it. So i guess this is one thing people this side of the zxi variant would surely miss.:(

Thanks for the update.

And could someone help me with fitting the fog lamps. Would they have to remove the dash to fix the switch for the fog lamp. I'm not very sure if i want them to do that on my brand new car. What do you guys suggest?
Do check it up with Mustang.101 to see if the EXI/ZXI have the USB option behind the ICE. The feature may not be advertised on the front panel, but it could just be inside the system. Ask Mustang.
misquitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:59   #149
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 250
Thanked: 144 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
How much is the fog lamps?
Its Rs 4500 /- according to their list. (a set)

On the surface it looks like the same stuff that fits onto the Fusion as well, which costs a lot more. Had to replace one in the Fusion sometime back and that costed 3242.58/- (exact - single lamp) in September last year. Hoping this pricing includes the labor etc. to fit it in as well and the switch modification.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:44   #150
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Can you shoot a photo of the cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
The Usual Ford response was to go and look for a person to who knows. Fortunately the chap knew and he was very clear that the ICE needs to be removed to Fix the USB cable to it. If that's the case, then it's most probably a proper USB connector which connects to some proprietary socket at the back. He also said that navigation on iPod should be possible through the cable which rules out the Aux-In input completely.

Cost of the cable: Rs 1100/-

Will have to wait and see what finally arrives.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update shuvc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 102 15th February 2016 12:21
PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update gr8guzzler Long-Term Ownership Reviews 143 18th July 2011 09:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks