Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th April 2010, 13:02   #226
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Figo seems to be younger brother of Fusion.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:18   #227
Senior - BHPian

Default 1500km Done

Ok.. I just completed 1500km and was about to call my service advisor to book for my first service when i realised that i had a diesel car, and the first service was only at 2500km. Since i'm not going for service i thought i'll give you some updates

The engine seems to have become slightly more smoother under the 2K rpm. Maybe now i need to work her out at higher rpms to make that part too smooth. Till now i have tried to keep her under 2K rpm except for the weekly workouts where she sees the 3K rpm for some time. Oh! You didnt know that.?

The Manual mentions of hitting 3K rpm and maintaining it for close to 30 seconds atleast once a week (well it says something close to that). I guess that would keep your exhaust system clean.

I'm sure all threads are filled with Praise for the Figo. Since i agree with most of that part, i'll stick to the Things i did not like so far.
- Very Subdued looks. The car seems to look smaller than it really is (atleast in RED!!) I feel it so bad since i've downgraded from the FIAT Adventure Sport!!
- Ground Clearance. Again, maybe because of the hangover but i've already hit her underbelly twice. No damage though. I feel a little more would have been good.
- Wafer thin bumpers. Not sure why they are there. Serves no purpose practically. Maybe if i run without them people would be more careful atleast.
- The Dash Board gets Very Hot. Now i'm not sure why but i feel the dash on my Figo gets terribly hot when the car is kept under the sun for 15 min. The FIAT never used to get so hot. Maybe its the material or maybe the bigger glass area.
- Steering hits hard at the end of a turn. When i turn the steering fully to one side its just like hitting a rock when it reaches the end. On the FIAT it never felt like this at the end. I just heard a hissing sound when it reached the end.
- The Headlights. I'm not a fan of headlights with a single bulb. I just love those where the dim stays on and an additional bulb turns on for bright. Maybe i need to realize that i'm driving a small car now.
- The fact that you need to remove the bumper to fit fog lamps It really scares me to see them rip off my bumper to fix the fog lamps. Thats one thing that would surely make me think before getting them fixed.

I also have some Issues
- There is a noise when i brake. Something like metal rubbing metal. I first thought it might be some stone that got stuck between the brake pads. But then i realised that i happens only once in while. I really cant find a pattern to this. It usually shows after around 15km of running. It happens once or twice and then just disappears. So i dont really think i would be able to show it to the service guys. Can someone confirm if anyone is hearing such noises?

- The Dim/Bright stalk seems to be having a loose connection. When i am running on bright and i pull the lever slightly (there is a point where both dim and bright comes "on") the dim light starts flickering. I'm hoping this could be solved at the service.

Fuel Efficiency
The "Big Indian Question". I just completed 522km in city with a/c "on" and the low fuel warning came "on". Around 38.5 litres of diesel had gone into the tank after that warning lamp showed up last time. So its just close to fiesta city mileage as per t-bhp test drive section.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:27   #228
Senior - BHPian

^^ With every point you have mentioned here about the Figo, I can feel how much you miss the Adventure.

Happy that you are enjoying your car!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:30   #229
BANNED

[quote=gemithomas;1830080].
- The Dash Board gets Very Hot. Now i'm not sure why but i feel the dash on my Figo gets terribly hot when the car is kept under the sun for 15 min. The FIAT never used to get so hot. Maybe its the material or maybe the bigger glass area.

Got on good reason why ford offer coral dash over ebony.

- The fact that you need to remove the bumper to fit fog lamps It really scares me to see them rip off my bumper to fix the fog lamps. Thats one thing that would surely make me think before getting them fixed.

Joe confirmed that no need to remove bumper to fix fog. Kairali ford Cochin confirmed. May the service guy of yours want to check something there.

How much did you cost for fog and sun film?
mkerala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:37   #230
Senior - BHPian

Joe confirmed that we need to take off the bumpers. I guess you missed that part in his post.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:47   #231
BHPian

Gemi, you simply can't get over the Adventure. I can imagine as it was a real beast and must have spoilt you rotten. Does Figo have one bulb for hi/low or two (like adventure). Big turn off if they have only one. The 2 sets of lights do give a very nice spread. Luckily Fiats have continued this on the Punto and Linea.
Palio_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 17:54   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Joe confirmed that we need to take off the bumpers. I guess you missed that part in his post.
Sorry i missed that.
mkerala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 18:01   #233
BHPian

Black dash absorbs all the heat under the sun, so it will be hot try a cooling sun film, don't know the exact name of it that reduces the sunlight on through the front windscreen.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 18:08   #234
BANNED

@gemi : Your dash is jet black, Hence the hotness associated with it.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 9th April 2010 at 18:10.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 23:08   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The 2 sets of lights do give a very nice spread. Luckily Fiats have continued this on the Punto and Linea.
Only the Linea has double-barrel headlamps, not the Punto.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2010, 00:07   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

It's the material and not too much to do with the colour coral or black. The hard dashboards get hotter whereas the soft rubber feel ones don't get that hot.

Also the figo has a huge glass area so it will get warmer than the other cars.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 00:31   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I got my red Figo today fitted with fog lamps and it does include rear ones.
That's very good news. In fact very very good news. That definitely would use up two of the compartments in the tail lamp assembly that were blank.

With the Booking done for a Panther Black with Coral Dash Titanium last week I was given a time estimate of 5 weeks. Finances got planned accordingly, except for the fact that the car arrived in 5 days. Called Metro and told them the problem, and they are ok with the fact that the delivery is delayed. So anyone looking for a Black with Coral Titanium Petrol can target them, they have a ready car (at least they had 2 days back).

My wait is still on.

Now for the extra Tail Lamp holes.

My theory is that Ford plans to sell the car also in markets that demand brighter tail lamps as per their standards. Hence the provision to put another Bulb and wire it to get combined higher luminescence. Only time can tell I guess.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2010, 11:50   #238
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It's the material and not too much to do with the colour coral or black. The hard dashboards get hotter whereas the soft rubber feel ones don't get that hot.

Exactly. The huge glass area is the real reason.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:57   #239
RGK
Senior - BHPian

- Ground Clearance. Again, maybe because of the hangover but i've already hit her underbelly twice. No damage though. I feel a little more would have been good.

In which type of road - you faced this. Did you brake on seeing a bump. The sales rep said Ground clearance is excellent in the vehicle.

- The Dash Board gets Very Hot. Now i'm not sure why but i feel the dash on my Figo gets terribly hot when the car is kept under the sun for 15 min.

How is the A/c performance after the car especially interiors like dash gets extremely hot.
Old 12th April 2010, 12:12   #240
Senior - BHPian

gemithomas
For the breaking issue, have you tried washing your break pads ? Just spray some water on them to clean them a bit.

Steering
Mine doesn't feel that hard towards the end and I do get the hissing sound at the end.
You don't get the hissing sound towards the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

I totally agree on this. Some other cars also have black dash but they don't heat up this much. The Figo's dash is not the best quality and absorbs a lot of heat.
I guess that why they have given such a powerful AC?

Speaking about the Fog lamps,
Where exactly do you fit the rear fog lamps?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote