Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 16:35   #301
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NO ID(e)A
Posts: 60
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I also think its the engine not being able to attain optimum operating temperature due to the water splashing from underneath. But some how its strange.
I don't think this is the cause. Water splashing from below should not lower the engine temperature to a non optimum level.

Today morning i found a crack on the passenger side mud flaps too. So that means it wont last the next rainy day drive.
You mean to say that the pressure of the water forced onto the mudflaps by the wheels cracked the flaps, that too at 80-100kph only .

Another thing they will be refunding me the fourth years extended warranty cost since ford now says it is not giving 4th year extended warranty for Figo.
I guess the full maintainance plan (complete peace of mind) also goes for a toss.

Can you guys try to get the price at your dealers for these things
- Fog Lamps
My dealer quoted 4200/- for the Fogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You know that in noida sec-16 if you ask a tyrewallah on what tyres to put he will say "Sir, Michelin is good but are soft tires & usually wear off near the 30K mark so i think you should go for apollo, Kaunsi apne racein lagaani hai?"
Very true .. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
How much did they cost you ? Did you go for upsize or kept the size same ?
No upsize (warranty void issue). I don't remember the cost per tyre of Yoko A Drive since I was only interested in the difference I had to pay for each tyre. I paid 550/- extra per tyre after exchange.
chaudhrysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 16:45   #302
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
And here are some updates...
Nicely put...

1. Am facing issues with the mud flap on my Fiesta too..though it is not broken, seems like it got stuck/pushed against the roadside kerb, as a result the screw has come out...but the mud flaps simply breaking like in your case, something to do with poor quality. Any aftermarket solutions avlbl for these?

2. Different prices at different dealers at different cities is something which is fairly common...heck, if you ask the price from different SAs at the same dealer, it is different...and when actually it is billed, it turns out to be different as well. At least, in Chennai Ford dealership, there is a dedicated guy dealing with accessories, and in my experience, I found this guy in best position to provide the correct pricing.

3. 4th yr warranty-this is atrocius. From the dealers perspective (taking it earlier and refunding it now), it may be undestandable..maybe Ford communication regarding this was not clear in the beginning. But, as a policy if Ford is not offering 4th yr EW, is this an indicator regarding the reliability??? Any ideas what is the max warranty, extended or otherwise, offered for similarly sub-5 lac cars like Beat/Punto/Spark/i10/Polo etc?
AFAIK, all ford vehicle have a standard warranty of 100K kms/2 yrs whichever is earlier. For 3rd/4th yr it is 150K Kms.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 16:58   #303
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

The mud flaps are of hard plastic which are not flexible on speed breakers and hence regular folding/bending of flaps causes a cut and breaks off. Ford has not given either good floor mats or mud flaps...
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 17:10   #304
Senior - BHPian
 
Gilead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,140
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Nicely put...

1. Am facing issues with the mud flap on my Fiesta too..though it is not broken, seems like it got stuck/pushed against the roadside kerb, as a result the screw has come out...but the mud flaps simply breaking like in your case, something to do with poor quality. Any aftermarket solutions avlbl for these?
sanjay, just remove the mid flaps. My car does not even have provision for mud flaps.

gemi, appolos are indeed crappy tires. I have them on my 800 and they are fairly useless in rain. I can't even imagine taking them on a highway in rain.
Gilead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 19:50   #305
BHPian
 
shubhodeepdas@g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 250
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Today morning i found a crack on the passenger side mud flaps too. So that means it wont last the next rainy day drive. Went to the A.S.S and showed it to them. They say i must have hit it somewhere. They say even a small rub would cause it to crack since its hard and not flexible. I checked out the Fiesta Mud Flaps. They are flexible and would just bend if pushed. The Figo Mud Flaps would not. They said that two more Figo's came in with broken mud flaps and they had scraped it somewhere. So i guess this is going to be a "every week affair"...replacing Mudflaps!!! It is a design flaw. One thing it is way too long and is less than around 90mm from the ground. Second it not flexible. I'm not planning to buy a new set of those. Thats for sure. I'm sending a complaint to ford today itself. Let's see how serious they are in helping out genuine customer issues. I hope they dont make me "feel the (in)difference"!!!!
@Gemi: You are better off without the Mud Flaps. In fact, anything that reduces the ground clearance is probably better to remove specially if there are muddy roads involved on a regular basis, irony. The flexible ones from the Fiesta would definitely be better if they fit, but they still would break off if they hit something large.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 14:08   #306
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Hello Gemithomas, Congrats on being the proud owner of the hottest new hatch of the year and the color you chose is surely eye catching.

Yet to see any figos in Trivandrum, eventhough I spotted a lot of them in Ernakulam and Calicut. Will keep my eyes open for this hot hatch with that unique 2 at the end of the number making it look like the starting number 7
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 11:55   #307
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 650 Times
Default

Can you "FEEL THE DIFFERENCE"?

I have FELT THE DIFFERENCE and I don't like it either!

Well I was luckier and got Good year tyres. They are pretty good in wet conditions for me at least. They do make lot of sound but I can live with that.

To calculate FE I would use the Tank full to tank full method.

- Fog Lamps - 4500
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille - 425
- Read Chrome Strip
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip you mean the door moulding?? - 800 - (black) 2100 - (body color) 3600 - (chrome)
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:27   #308
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 650 Times
Default

gemithomas, Mustang any other Figo owner.

Im in need of some assistance.

When open my glove box, I can see some fuses and even some wires! And some other parts of the bonet!
Is this the same for everyone or is something missing here? Shouldnt there be some kid of cover or something?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:29   #309
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas, Mustang any other Figo owner.

Im in need of some assistance.

When open my glove box, I can see some fuses and even some wires! And some other parts of the bonet!
Is this the same for everyone or is something missing here? Shouldnt there be some kid of cover or something?
Its the same for everyone, infact in the manual they would have mentioned the procedure to change fuses also.
scorpio07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:01   #310
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

@ captain slow : It is the fuse box.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:08   #311
BHPian
 
Yamaha100's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 96
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
- Fog Lamps - 4500
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille - 425
- Read Chrome Strip
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip you mean the door moulding?? - 800 - (black) 2100 - (body color) 3600 - (chrome)
Hey Captain,

Is the 'front chrome strip (425)' ford geniune accessory or local one? and where did you buy it contact number please.

door moulding? more details/photos please. thanks.
Yamaha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:26   #312
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Thanks for all the replies friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
@Gemi: You are better off without the Mud Flaps. In fact, anything that reduces the ground clearance is probably better to remove specially if there are muddy roads involved on a regular basis, irony. The flexible ones from the Fiesta would definitely be better if they fit, but they still would break off if they hit something large.
I am planning the same. Either i will remove the front ones (as if something is left!!) and throw them away. Let me check the prices of the fiesta flaps and whether they will fit on the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
Hello Gemithomas, Congrats on being the proud owner of the hottest new hatch of the year and the color you chose is surely eye catching.
Thanks sps. Where are you in tvm? I am at prasanth nagar. The last day i happened to see 4 Figos. A red. A Chill and two silvers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
To calculate FE I would use the Tank full to tank full method.

- Fog Lamps - 4500
- Front Chrome Strip for Radiator Grille - 425
- Read Chrome Strip
- Side Repeater Chrome Strip you mean the door moulding?? - 800 - (black) 2100 - (body color) 3600 - (chrome)

Thanks. Is this the price by the dealer? My dealer is quoting Rs.1300 for the radiator grille chrome strip. The side repeater strip is the chrome around the indicator lights on the front fenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
Hey Captain,

Is the 'front chrome strip (425)' ford geniune accessory or local one? and where did you buy it contact number please.

door moulding? more details/photos please. thanks.
Door moulding is the black strip that comes on the side of the doors (middle part)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas, Mustang any other Figo owner.

Im in need of some assistance.

When open my glove box, I can see some fuses and even some wires! And some other parts of the bonet!
Is this the same for everyone or is something missing here? Shouldnt there be some kid of cover or something?
Seeing the fuses is normal. But i'm not sure if you can see engine parts. You can actually open the dash further by pressing on the sides of the inside part. This will give you access to the fuse box. I dont think you should be seeing engine parts/things inside the bonnet.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 13:25   #313
sps
BHPian
 
sps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 206
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

Thanks sps. Where are you in tvm? I am at prasanth nagar. The last day i happened to see 4 Figos. A red. A Chill and two silvers!!!
small world !! I also stay at prasanth nagar

Last edited by sps : 23rd April 2010 at 13:27.
sps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 13:50   #314
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Andromeda
Posts: 311
Thanked: 59 Times
Default

@Gemithomas: Can you please let me know the FE figures for your car? What do you think about the claim that Ford makes about the FE figures for the Figo?
joe1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 21:57   #315
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
small world !! I also stay at prasanth nagar
Surely a very small world. So we surely should meet sometime


Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
@Gemithomas: Can you please let me know the FE figures for your car? What do you think about the claim that Ford makes about the FE figures for the Figo?
I am getting around 14 in full city traffic with a/c and around 17 on highways. After services it should settle at around 15 and around 20 respectively. I think this is good mileage. I am not the kind who believe you can get 18-20km/l in normal city driving. Maybe i'll start believing when i start getting that much on my car. But i'm in no way expecting that

Last edited by gemithomas : 25th April 2010 at 21:59.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update shuvc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 102 15th February 2016 12:21
PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update gr8guzzler Long-Term Ownership Reviews 143 18th July 2011 09:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks