Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th May 2010, 18:43   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
In my 6 years with WagonR, there was a single time when the solenoid coil had failed because of rain. That time the temp gauge showed hot, and I stopped running the car to avoid further damage.

Its vital, but I have limited knowledge on its uses.
If the temperature goes beyond a certain limit, the Fusion or the Fiesta are known to automatically stop showing error# on the digital readout. That makes the temperature readout a bit redundant. Meaning of the Error# is normally with Ford Chaps.

In fact most modern cars will not allow you to run it at a higher than normal temperature. I think the Human Interference of looking at a gauge will not necessarily ascertain immediate action by the driver.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 18:55   #422
BHPian

Hello gemithomas,

That's a nice note, pretty useful for prospective & new owners. You get 5 stars from me for this !

Cheers
rx2389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 20:04   #423
BHPian

I wanted to do this a long time back. Excellent effort, gave you full stars.

One point, I differ - I get the lights on the button for the Power window on the front passenger seat also.

Also, does the 3K rpm need to be done stationery? No one answered that last time. Its not feasible to do it on the roads.

Also, I think the AC works like a home Window AC. Suddenly I get chill air and sometimes its just normal cold air. Keeps fluctuating when its real hot. On my WagonR its a chiller always, but does not have the powerful blower like the Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Here are a list of things you wont see in the brochures and might not notice during a test drive.
PS:- Guys give me some Stars if you like this post. I see that my stars are going down on this thread.

Last edited by Brix : 7th May 2010 at 20:07.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 20:14   #424
BHPian

Has anyone reported heating up of the engine at any time during the initial several thousand km of driving the Figo?
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 20:20   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I wanted to do this a long time back. Excellent effort, gave you full stars.

One point, I differ - I get the lights on the button for the Power window on the front passenger seat also.

Also, does the 3K rpm need to be done stationery? No one answered that last time. Its not feasible to do it on the roads.

Also, I think the AC works like a home Window AC. Suddenly I get chill air and sometimes its just normal cold air. Keeps fluctuating when its real hot. On my WagonR its a chiller always, but does not have the powerful blower like the Figo.
Thanks Brix. About the power window lights i meant out of the two switches on the drivers side only one has the light.

The 3K rpm thing can be done at stationary after the engine is heated to optimum temperature (after some running) but if possible try to do it in 2nd or 3rd gear while running. Only if possible. I somehow have a feeling it would be less strenuous fr the car.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 07:13   #426
BHPian

Default selt belt warning ?

Does Figo Tit has working seat belt warning lamps/chime ? I see the light exists in the display, but never worked for me. And I just observed it is not mentioned in the specs.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 08:41   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  • All four doors auto lock once the car crosses a speed of 7km/hr.
  • You wont be able to open the boot once the car has crossed a sped of 7km/hr
Point 2 is linked to Point 1. i.e. When the door locks are engaged, the boot cannot be opened by pressing the boot release button.

Scenario in the Fiesta: Security Check at office/hotel gates. I'd be sitting cool after pressing the boot release button only to realise that it hasn't opened since I have engaged the door lock/central locking.
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 09:37   #428
BHPian

Quote:
  • There is no seatbelt warning on the Figo. The one that shows up during the engine check is said to be the seatbelt pre tensioner check. If that is true its something that no other car in this category has AFAIK.
About the above, I think it's needed on all cars having Airbag Systems. Ford would have made a single seat belt mechanism standard across all models.
Old 8th May 2010, 13:29   #429
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The Dash (especially the black ones) and front glass heat up so badly that the 150cc compressor takes more than usual time to cool down the cabin.
Yesterday, my car after 3 hours in the sun was quite hot, but cannot compare as I have no experience with the ebony dash version.

Quote:
The low fuel warning lights come "on" with some chimes when the DTE shows 80km
When I took delivery, I don't remember about the chimes, but the DTE was showing 1km.

Quote:
The in dash lights have theatre dimming when turned on/off
The first time I switched on the dash lights, I thought it was not working and was pleasantly surprised.

Quote:
The music system starts playing music everytime you complete making a call on the bluetooth system.
Does the music system connect to the phone in standby mode / clock mode?

Quote:
With most people the coral dash seems to sink in after the initial and later on they tend to like it for its
"different look".
We liked it the moment we saw it. Out of the 3 service people who asked and inspected the car at the Kulathungal Motors service centre at Kollam one appreciated the coral dash, the others did not mention. All three liked the car especially the boot.

Quote:
Most people find it very easy to scrape the underbody. Thanks to the wheelbase larger than even the Fusion!!
Not yet done.

Quote:
Rear Wipers are close to a necessity on highways in rain.
that is the case with most hatchbacks and estates. The one thing I miss in the Marina since I did not opt for the top version.

Quote:
On Diesels Idle for atleast 30 seconds before starting to drive and before stoping the engine. Its good for the life of the turbo.
That is one thing I do not follow rigorously.

Quote:
The rear light console has a few chambers with no bulb
I have put a picture of it in my thread. Only the middle one has a bulb.

This and the continuation of this post are excellent ones, Gemi.

Thanks.

Last edited by trrk : 8th May 2010 at 13:35.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 18:05   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
Yesterday, my car after 3 hours in the sun was quite hot, but cannot compare as I have no experience with the ebony dash version.
Quote:
The Dash (especially the black ones) and front glass heat up so badly that the 150cc compressor takes more than usual time to cool down the cabin.
My experience with the Fusion is a little similar. The AC turned full and the air directed to the passenger, it takes more time to cool the cabin as opposed to setting the air flow to Defogger + Body + Footwell mode. I guess the large windscreen traps a lot of heat under it and putting the airflow in defogger mode pushes that heat and air out faster, resulting in faster cooling.
Old 8th May 2010, 22:27   #431
BHPian

shubodeep,in body + footwell mode if on recirculation ac cools fastest as reintake vents are located near passenger footwell.
aditya116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2010, 23:21   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
shubodeep,in body + footwell mode if on recirculation ac cools fastest as reintake vents are located near passenger footwell.
Not just body+footwell, it's defogger+body+footwell that cools fastest in my experience probably because the defogger throws the air directly on the windscreen.

Re-intake near the passenger footwell is standard in any mode I guess.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:21   #433
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Excellent work - Gemi.
Is fog lamps really needed or the headlights are itself Ok for highway driving.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 22:37   #434
BHPian

Default few more

1. The fog lamps switch has 2 stage pull (marked Low/high beam) to turn it on. However in reality the fog lamps do not emit high and low beam. Its just one fixed beam.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2010, 23:53   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
1. The fog lamps switch has 2 stage pull (marked Low/high beam) to turn it on. However in reality the fog lamps do not emit high and low beam. Its just one fixed beam.
Can you post a photo of the same?
So far what I have seen with the dealers in test cars is this type. Has only one lamp marking on it. The one's on Ford's other cars with Front and Rear lamps have different markings.
Attached Images