Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 16th May 2010, 20:13   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The Fiesta comes with the same size as the FIGO.
Not just the Size. Brand, Tread Pattern, Composition will surely effect grip and efficiency quite a bit.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 13:09   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Once had this unfortunate incident of hitting a dog in the rain. Just jumped out of the median for some truck sprayed water on it. I braked and still hit the dog at 30~40 kmph. Dog survived. Car took the brunt. Lost the radiator in the process (leak), a fog lamp (fell off), AC condenser (destroyed) etc.

I am pretty sure, if it was a human who jumped out, he would probably have survived with just a broken leg maximum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Shubho you are absolutely right, & coldice you are kind of wrong .

If pedestrian safety rating is lower then it means that the car gets less damaged when it hits a soft object like a dog or a human.

This is because efforts are made to make the body panels like hoods, bumpers softer & more flexible so that they cause less damage to a human head or any other human body parts like knees,elbows etc.
Well mustang you have confused me a bit. A higher pedestrian safety rating means that the car absorbs most of the energy on the impact with lighter hoods and softer bumpers etc. so that the pedestrian does not end with broken bones. As in shubo's case the dog got away and the car took most of the brunt. Hence the car in question should have a good pedestrian safety rating and hence takes the brunt as i had stated in my earlier post. Or may be i'm still missing something??
coldice4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 13:17   #498
Senior - BHPian

Well it means dogs are well designed by its creator to withstand ford's heavy metal and still limp out for the remaining part of its life.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:20   #499
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Well mustang you have confused me a bit. A higher pedestrian safety rating means that the car absorbs most of the energy on the impact with lighter hoods and softer bumpers etc. so that the pedestrian does not end with broken bones. As in shubo's case the dog got away and the car took most of the brunt. Hence the car in question should have a good pedestrian safety rating and hence takes the brunt as i had stated in my earlier post. Or may be i'm still missing something??
I will explain you:

Pedestrian collision : Car body panels absorb impact very well & pedestrian gets a lot less damage.

Other collisions : Body panels might get screwed but the car's structure absorbs the impoact very well & keeps the car's occupants safe.

I hope you understand now.
Mustang.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 13:00   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I will explain you:

Pedestrian collision : Car body panels absorb impact very well & pedestrian gets a lot less damage.

Other collisions : Body panels might get screwed but the car's structure absorbs the impact very well & keeps the car's occupants safe.

I hope you understand now.
By absorb I think you mean they break and dissipate the force within the car instead of transferring it on the victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Well it means dogs are well designed by its creator to withstand ford's heavy metal and still limp out for the remaining part of its life.
Yep. Dogs are tough. Surprisingly most of the new cars do not have many metal component in front of the engine, they are all primarily plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Some Examples:

In a regular traffic hit to a Tavera, nothing happened to the Ford at all. The Tavera rear bumper however fell down and I had to compensate for that.

I have had a Bike hitting me in excess of 60 kmph from the back with the bike chap flying over the car when he failed to brake after me. The Ford in that case also suffered Zero damage.

Above would be examples of actual accidents with other vehicles.

Regarding hitting animals. I am pretty sure the Dog ran off and did not come under any wheel. The bumper and components near the front left behind the bumper broke and absorbed the impact.

Regarding football, cricket ball etc hitting the car, again the bumper and plastic inserts within the bumper tend to come off their snap fit mounts to absorb the impact.

IMO, I would expect the Figo to behave similarly as well.
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:26   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]There is a very irritating squeak from the rear right side. Its there on slightly uneven roads (read as always). This is the one i had mentioned much earlier saying it could be from the seats. Its not the seats. I cant figure out where its coming from. I might send her in for a check even before the next service is due. The sound is very irritating.
gemithomas

My car has started to make the same irritating squeak from the rear. I still haven't figured out if its from the left or right but the squeak is there and its really irritating.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1900505
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 15:15   #502
BHPian

Has anyone finally figured out the source of the in cabin noise from the rear?
Indizen010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 18:44   #503
Senior - BHPian

Default New Find :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
gemithomas
My car has started to make the same irritating squeak from the rear. I still haven't figured out if its from the left or right but the squeak is there and its really irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Has anyone finally figured out the source of the in cabin noise from the rear?
No idea where the sound is coming from. But its increasing. Its surely from the rear right side.

Here is something i accidentally found.
You can adjust the time between wipes on the intermittent position of the wiper even on the Exi!!!

By default out Figos intermittent position turns on the wiper around every 4 seconds. Well. I found You can have it wipe at around 2 seconds and 4 seconds intervals depending on your requirement.

Here is how to change between the timing.
- Put the wiper in intermittent position and immediately put it back to off. Within a gap of 2 seconds put it back in intermittent position and immediately put it back to off. Now put it in intermittent position and it would wipe every 2 seconds.
- Repeat the same thing with the gap increased to around 4 seconds and you are back to the normal wiping every 4 seconds.

I just love such things

Try it out and let me know if it works.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 10:25   #504
BHPian

Quote:
gemithomas

My car has started to make the same irritating squeak from the rear.
I took my Figo for a 400+ km spin on the weekend. The same squeak was coming from within the cabin.

The boot was filled with luggage, we were four people in the car. I figured that the parcel tray in the boot was slightly raised whenever I would keep a bag in a vertical position.

This made the squeaking sound as the tray did not rest properly.

When I removed the luggage and drove, the sound did not come.

It does not come when I am driving alone.

I have a Zxi - TDCi Figo, I don't know if there is a parcel tray in other variants. Do check and let me know.
witwiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 12:24   #505
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No idea where the sound is coming from. But its increasing. Its surely from the rear right side.

You can adjust the time between wipes on the intermittent position of the wiper even on the Exi!!!

By default out Figos intermittent position turns on the wiper around every 4 seconds. Well. I found You can have it wipe at around 2 seconds and 4 seconds intervals depending on your requirement.

- Put the wiper in intermittent position and immediately put it back to off. Within a gap of 2 seconds put it back in intermittent position and immediately put it back to off. Now put it in intermittent position and it would wipe every 2 seconds.
- Repeat the same thing with the gap increased to around 4 seconds and you are back to the normal wiping every 4 seconds.

I just love such things

@ Gemi - what is the diameter of the steering wheel of Figo. Does all steering covers suit or any spec is there. Sorry of OT.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 12:56   #506
BHPian

I have tried removing the parcel tray, but the sound still comes
chaudhrysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 13:02   #507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I just love such things
Thats truly an amazing feature! Good thinking from ford!

Which (any?) other cars have this feature? Its the first time I'm hearing this!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 13:07   #508
BHPian

Quote:

This has been very clearly explained in the manual
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 17:19   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
This has been very clearly explained in the manual
Is it? Which page? Dont remember reading it. Let me just check and get back. Please do let me know which page.

@ RGK. No. All sizes wont suit. I think its better you take the car to the accessory shop where you are buying it from. I assume it should be the same size as the Fiesta/Fusion.

Last edited by gemithomas : 24th May 2010 at 17:24.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 18:02   #510
BHPian

Quote:
gemithomas

Welcome to the squeak club, Captain Finally, Blank Donkey" also started squirming and squeaking ! In my case, strangely it is not observed these days. May it will be more prominent while driving on uneven, curvy roads. Or the springs have settled down ( this is what Mustang suggested) as I crossed 2K now. I think there is a patter...Everyone who reported this, is getting it after 500 - 800 KM. Lets watch whether it goes off by 2000 KM, so far I believe this theory from Mustang.
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote