Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 15:45   #631
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Latest Fuel Update:

After travelling around 460km on highway and 120km in City i drove into the same Reliance Fuel Station at Karunagappally (where i had my last fill) and she took in 34 litres of Diesel giving me an FE of 17km/l. Most of the highway was sedate driving around 80-100km/hr without any of those instant overtaking stunts.
Think this is your highest in recent times. I think If you drive at 80 or less than 80, you can draw more mileage is my assumption. This is on the higher side as Kerala roads cannot be defined as pure plain roads.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 19:06   #632
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi Gemi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
and she took in 34 litres of Diesel giving me an FE of 17km/l. Most of the highway was sedate driving around 80-100km/hr without any of those instant overtaking stunts.
That is good. And that type of overtaking is an addictive one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
This is on the higher side as Kerala roads cannot be defined as pure plain roads.
Whatever left of it! On some days it is almost like bumper to bumper traffic at about 35kph for a long time!

And most of it is two lane undivided highway!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2010, 12:53   #633
BHPian
 
vigneshA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Gemi - thx for the efforts. The figures dont look so bad. Its not going to stop another prospective owner ( thats me)
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 19:03   #634
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

@ Gemi - Are you on a vacation. No updates from your side.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 16:44   #635
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

@RGK; Been quite busy the last few weeks. I'm still following things once in a while when i get time but have been quite tired/lazy to post. Figo is doing good work too. Would cross 7K this week. The Squeak was back and i got her some grease at the same spot when i gave her for a wash. One thing is for sure this guy has some liking for dust. No matter how much i try, the car is full of dust even after a short trip on the highways.

I have a sound from the engine when i am not pressing the accelerator. Its like the sound of some belt. Get is when engine braking and when the engine is pulling without me having my leg on the accelerator. Not sure if its normal. Its not irritating/annoying and i dont think its a matter of concern. Maybe its that i just started noticing it. Can someone confirm if this sound is there. (I really dont know how to explain how it sounds )

Most of my driving is on the highways (if i could say so) and the DTE showed a range of close to 700 during my last two fills.

Headlights are very inadequate especially on highways at night. I really miss both the Fusions high wattage bulbs and the 8 lights on the adventure

Last edited by gemithomas : 1st August 2010 at 16:46.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:22   #636
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

Welcome back.
<<Headlights are very inadequate especially on highways at night.>>
Yes. Can we replace with 90/100w bulbs without change in the wiring.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:10   #637
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Bombay
Posts: 80
Thanked: 311 Times
Smile 8000+ kms in my Figo

Crossed 8000+ kms in my Figo.

Name:  DSC00969.JPG
Views: 1359
Size:  25.8 KB

Below is my experience with the car so far:

Car: Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi (Diesel)
Colour: Sea Grey
Variant: Zxi
Delivery Date: April 29, 2010
Mileage (as of today): 8400+ kms
Driving pattern: 40:60 City: Highway

Exterior styling & design:
The exterior is conservative but is aerodynamic enough to keep the car stable at high speeds and emergency braking situations.

Overall build quality and finish:
The build quality of both the metal and plastic parts is good and there is no rusting of under body surfaces yet.

Interiors:
The fitting of some dashboard panels is a little less rigid fitting which results in some rumbling sounds in while going over pot holes. The kind of AC provided was much needed for Indian climate and especially in hatchbacks. Ergonomics is good and the cabin has minimum blind spots.

City FE: 16-17 kmpl
Highway FE: 18.5-20 kmpl

Engine:
This is my first diesel car ownership experience and so far I have not experienced any issues with the engine performance. In fact I am enjoying the additional torque that the engine delivers in trying situations like uphill climbs.
The gear ratios are accurate and the engine responds well to each gear change living up to the driverís expectations for each gear.
The turbo lag is negligible in the city and if the gear ratios are maintained, the car is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Overall opinion on the engine:Adequately powerful, responsive and versatile.

Ride quality is stable and more refined after the running-in period.

Handling:
It is perfect for a mix of both: diesel car for city driving, start-stop conditions as well as for high speed highway driving.

Suspension, steering & braking:
Suspension is good for Indian road conditions and works well for the bumpy monsoon roads in India. A better set of tyres though would have helped to make the car respond better over potholes at higher speeds. Braking is good even for a car without ABS and I feel safe in Figo in all weather conditions experienced so far. Steering is very sensitive and plays a major part in making Figoís driving experience very enjoyable.

Dislikes:
Headlights are not adequate
If the disc brakes are not washed regularly, they become noisy during slow speed braking.
Would have loved a different set of tyres as they tend to be a little slippery on wet roads with potholes.
Bluetooth stopped working after 2 weeks, the dealer replaced it with a new music system in a couple of weeks. Now it works well.

The overall reliability of the car so far has been excellent.
witwiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:46   #638
BHPian
 
vigneshA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

@witwiky, thats a good FE in city driving. Good to see that overall ownership is satisfying.
You should start your ownership thread soon.
@gemi -welcome back.
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 08:16   #639
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

@Witwiky: The brake pad dust is a real pain. I always thought that FIAT cars made the most black dust on the front tyres. Now i know that things could be worse. I need to water my front disks after almost every 100-150km else they make an scaring noise in slow speed braking and i feel it affects efficiency of high speed braking too.

@ RGK: Really dont know if ford guys would start crying about warranty issues, but i really would love an upgrade. Its a real pain at nights. I always have my hand on the dim/bright stalk and hold it in middle position during highway drives in night. That way both dim and bright lights would be "on"

@vigneshA: What are the updates on the prospective buyer in you. Please do get atleast the zxi if money is not an issue. You would really appreciate a rear wiper on a rainy day.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:33   #640
Senior - BHPian
 
trrk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 2,113
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The brake pad dust is a real pain.
I don't know about the brake dust, but, I have not had any sound from the brakes so far!
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:35   #641
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,



I don't know about the brake dust, but, I have not had any sound from the brakes so far!
Is it that the TITANIUM does not get this feature?
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:30   #642
BHPian
 
vigneshA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 198
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What are the updates on the prospective buyer in you. Please do get atleast the zxi if money is not an issue. You would really appreciate a rear wiper on a rainy day.
While i am 90% certain of booking Figo, just waiting to layout the vita M factor clearly, since other commitments have come along. Meanwhile my all reliable ALTO is keeping me from realising the dire need
vigneshA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 11:52   #643
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 650 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

I have a sound from the engine when i am not pressing the accelerator. Its like the sound of some belt. Get is when engine braking and when the engine is pulling without me having my leg on the accelerator. Not sure if its normal. Its not irritating/annoying and i dont think its a matter of concern. Maybe its that i just started noticing it. Can someone confirm if this sound is there. (I really dont know how to explain how it sounds )

Most of my driving is on the highways (if i could say so) and the DTE showed a range of close to 700 during my last two fills.

Headlights are very inadequate especially on highways at night. I really miss both the Fusions high wattage bulbs and the 8 lights on the adventure
Hey gemi 7000 so quickly?

I checked it here, I'm not getting any sound like you described.
On my car the engine sound changes a bit when I press the clutch in fully.

when I brake on lower speeds can hear the breaks making some griding sounds.

You sure the headlights aren't good enough? I find them to be really good.
Can you check and tell me if its the same 55/60W bulbs?
Try setting the headlight leveler to 0.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 15:57   #644
Senior - BHPian
 
gemithomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 2,364
Thanked: 136 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Hey gemi 7000 so quickly?

I checked it here, I'm not getting any sound like you described.
On my car the engine sound changes a bit when I press the clutch in fully.

when I brake on lower speeds can hear the breaks making some griding sounds.

You sure the headlights aren't good enough? I find them to be really good.
Can you check and tell me if its the same 55/60W bulbs?
Try setting the headlight leveler to 0.
Thanks Captain, the engine noise changes slightly when i fully depress the clutch on mine too. I think its normal. About the sound i was mentioning, my wife confirms that she has been hearing the same since day 1. So its just that i started hearing it recently.

Headlights are 55/60 is what i know. Will check and confirm. But the throw towards the side is not good enough so i end up with dark roads while taking tight turns. Also the roads are adequately lighted only when both low and high beams are kept on. I yesterday drove a punto and felt a very big difference in the way it lit up the road (including sides).


Some Help.
Can someone help me in getting those front chrome strips that come on the Zxi. The one on the sides of the Ford Logo in front. My dealer is quoting Rs.1200/- for it. I dont want to pay that much for an item with just under Rs.500/- in Ford's published price list. Please do PM me if anyone could arrange to send one to me. Kindly also enquire if the rear chrome strips are available there and how much they are quoting for that. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by gemithomas : 4th August 2010 at 15:58.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 16:23   #645
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 650 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks Captain, the engine noise changes slightly when i fully depress the clutch on mine too. I think its normal. About the sound i was mentioning, my wife confirms that she has been hearing the same since day 1. So its just that i started hearing it recently.

Headlights are 55/60 is what i know. Will check and confirm. But the throw towards the side is not good enough so i end up with dark roads while taking tight turns. Also the roads are adequately lighted only when both low and high beams are kept on. I yesterday drove a punto and felt a very big difference in the way it lit up the road (including sides).


Some Help.
Can someone help me in getting those front chrome strips that come on the Zxi. The one on the sides of the Ford Logo in front. My dealer is quoting Rs.1200/- for it. I dont want to pay that much for an item with just under Rs.500/- in Ford's published price list. Please do PM me if anyone could arrange to send one to me. Kindly also enquire if the rear chrome strips are available there and how much they are quoting for that. Thanks in advance.
Really never felt that head lights were bad. I always thought that they are much better than the rest.

Gemi,
I could buy them for you from here and send it across if you really want them.

You want the chrome stripe on the front and one that goes on the back side below the ford logo?
If you really want them let me know I could inquire about this and let you know.
I pass by the Metro ford showroom everyday from and to work.

Its just a stupid chrome sticker which servers no practical purpose.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Dart" - Moondust Silver Ford Figo Titanium TDCi : 56,000 km Update shuvc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 102 15th February 2016 12:21
PaNtHeR - My Ford Figo TDCi EXi -24K update gr8guzzler Long-Term Ownership Reviews 143 18th July 2011 09:28


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:03.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks