Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 23rd August 2010, 23:11   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats real good news. Thanks for the update. Can you please post a pic of the new position.
i wish i could, but my N82 is at the service center..

what i exactly meant by the process above is: to change the direction of the knob in the opposite direction from the default direction (the direction in which we rotate)

for eg: from clockwise to anti clockwise, its just a 10 mins job
Arihant.EXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 08:54   #677
BHPian

I was on a phone call speaking via the bluetooth of Figo's ICE. I reached my destination and parked the car. In a normal circumstance, I would not switch off the ignition and remove the key so that I can continue speaking via the bluetooth till the call is over. However, yesterday I switched off the ignition and took the key out of it's plug point. To my surprise, the ICE did not switch. Once I finished the call and hung up, the ICE powered off automatically.
That's how Figo makes me smile everyday - discovering new things - trivial or important - I am glad that Ford has taken a good note of their customers' needs.
witwiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 10:45   #678
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
I was on a phone call speaking via the bluetooth of Figo's ICE. I reached my destination and parked the car. In a normal circumstance, I would not switch off the ignition and remove the key so that I can continue speaking via the bluetooth till the call is over. However, yesterday I switched off the ignition and took the key out of it's plug point. To my surprise, the ICE did not switch. Once I finished the call and hung up, the ICE powered off automatically.
That's how Figo makes me smile everyday - discovering new things - trivial or important - I am glad that Ford has taken a good note of their customers' needs.
Thats great witwiky, this shows that ford has looked into the minor details while validating the features of the Figo.
Good to know the low cost proposition doesnt result in careless testing attitude.

FYI - My punto also has the same feature. Pull the key out and the call stays active over the Blue and Me till u hang up.
superveloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 12:13   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
Once I finished the call and hung up, the ICE powered off automatically.
I initially thought it was a bug, until I realized it was a feature.

But there is a downside to it. If you want to leave the car, you can switch to headset on the mobile, but the ICE stays on. You need to switch off the BT connection to really make the ICE switch off.

But a good feature in all.
Brix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 12:25   #680
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gemi - are you on a vacation. No updates after 7332
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 23:59   #681
BHPian

I took delivery on May 24. A white Titanium Tdci. I have done 9400 kms so far.

Around a week ago, I used to get a funny pungent smell as soon as I switch on the A/C . It would disappear in 15 seconds.

Then this weekend the A/C completely stopped cooling suddenly. I had driven to Bangalore and it was working fine all the way. Suddenly i moved the thermostat to full cool and it it did not cool at all.

I checked all fuses they were fine. On the way back I switched the A/C on again and now it is working sporadically. It will cool sometimes and then suddenly cut off. Suddenly it will come back again. Anyone experienced this before?
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 12:29   #682
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
I took delivery on May 24. A white Titanium Tdci. I have done 9400 kms so far.

Around a week ago, I used to get a funny pungent smell as soon as I switch on the A/C . It would disappear in 15 seconds.

Then this weekend the A/C completely stopped cooling suddenly. I had driven to Bangalore and it was working fine all the way. Suddenly i moved the thermostat to full cool and it it did not cool at all.

I checked all fuses they were fine. On the way back I switched the A/C on again and now it is working sporadically. It will cool sometimes and then suddenly cut off. Suddenly it will come back again. Anyone experienced this before?
I took delivery on the same day, but so far done only 4800kms.
If you switch on the a/c, do you hear the starting of compressor. Better open the bonnet and start the a/c and check.
Either thermostat may be having some problems or the switch since you are saying it is working sporadically. Better take to the service especially when it is not working.
Old 15th September 2010, 15:12   #683
BHPian

I can't hear the compressor, Even the idling doesn't change. Will take it this weekend.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 17:06   #684
BHPian

Wow.
I have started loving figos after reading many reviews like those of yours,Gto's and our beloved trrk's. Planning for alloys and better tyres ??
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:43   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gemi - are you on a vacation. No updates after 7332
Well. More than a vacation i would say life has suddenly become very busy. My new job/location is giving me very less time to spend online. There are quite some things to be updated. I mean very interesting things about the Figo that i'm sure many would like to know about. Would post a detailed report with pics very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme View Post
I can't hear the compressor, Even the idling doesn't change. Will take it this weekend.
You really need to get this checked ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Wow.
I have started loving figos after reading many reviews like those of yours,Gto's and our beloved trrk's. Planning for alloys and better tyres ??
Thanks. The Figo is really a Very Balanced Small car. It's not really the best in any department but does almost everything a car needs to do in an above average manner. Something that you dont find in many cars around.

Alloys and tyres would have to wait till Vitamin M gets replenished. The Figo really looks awesome in a good set of both.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd September 2010 at 03:02. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post please, thanks
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:12   #686
BHPian

@Gemi
From whose Fiesta did you flick the "Duratorq" badge that you have stuck on the left of your boot lid?
Your Figo was ahead of my Xing for a very short distance near Keshavadasapuram, before you pulled over. It happened someday last week.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2010, 19:32   #687
Senior - BHPian

Default 10101 km Update

Name:  Image055 Small.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  28.2 KB
Here comes some updates from my end. Yes. After a very long time. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I've got lots to share. Would divide them into sections to make things easier.

Running, Running and More Running

The last month (August) saw some real good running since i was shifting back to my native place to join my father with our family business. Most of the household stuff was ferried in my Figo. And though she had to do quite a few trips with lots of all kind of stuff stacked at the rear, she managed through quite well. Though i missed my adventure during this period for the sheer amount of space that would have been available. the fuel bills made me feel much better. In fact i realised i could do double the trips with the Figo compared to the Adventure at the same cost.

The Record DTE Reading

As the Figo started doing highway duty most of the time the DTE readings at full tank started climbing. And after 2 refills with around 85% highway running i got a DTE reading of 755km on a full tank.
Name:  Image020 Small.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  43.2 KB

Thats a record reading. So i think our beloved mustang was right about 800km on the DTE being possible. I'm sure it can be achieved by people who do most of their runs on the highways only.

The accident and the repair

Just a few days before i was supposed to shift fully, one auto rikshaw guy decided to jump into my way. I braked suddenly and an Alto guy banged into my rear right side. The infamous bumpers (if i should still call them so) got dislodged at the edge and there was a dent just above the rear right wheel arch. I'm sure the latter part of the damage could have been avoided if the bumpers were REAL Bumpers.

Wanted to get it repaired at Trivandrum itself since i was not sure about the quality of work at my native (which is more or less a village). I found out a local paint guy who had done some good work on one of my friends car. He quoted Rs.7K and we finally settled at Rs.5.5K with some influence from my friend. He painted the rear bumper and the part that comes above the rear wheels. If you have noticed it, this part is one single piece that runs till the front door both above and below. So this whole piece was painted since they could not cut the paint in between. My rough estimate is that Ford would have charged me something around Rs.12K - Rs.15K for this job.

The job is pretty neat for the normal guys. But for those who look deep, there is a minor defect in how they have re-shaped the wheel arch. I would say an above average job for the price i paid. The paint finish and match is top notch.

Will post pictures later.

The 10,000 km Service experience

Booked for the service. Drove into the service centre at around 9 AM. Was attended in 5 mins. Walked out of the service centre in 15 min. They told me that they can give me back the car at 11AM. Got a call at 11 AM saying that all work is done and the car is being sent for washing and so i could come to collect the car. Reached there at 11:45 AM. Drove out at 12 Noon. I would rate the experience as Very Good.

They now have a Speed Bay and hence if you dont have any particular complaints the car comes out real fast.

Some Great Gestures by the Service Centre guys
I casually talked to the customer relationship manager there and told him about the very bad lights of the Figo. I told him that they are not powerful enough nor do they have good spread. He said he had not got any such complaint till date and agreed to discuss it with others. To my surprise that night when i turned on the headlights i realised that the spread has tremendously improved. The lights are still not powerful enough for highway runs but the spread is much better than it was earlier. For all those who are facing the headlight issue, please get them focused by the A.S.S. A big cheers for this guy. I dont think you can be more helpful than this.

I complained to the service engineer about the high price being quoted for the front chrome grill and told him that i am planning to get them from Bangalore. He said it must have been some mistake and that he had bought a Figo Exi and fitted the chrome grill at just under Rs.500/-. We both walked up to the store and they confirmed the cost. They said they must have confused it with the rear chrome strip the last time they told me the price. Unfortunately the front chrome was out of stock and the service engineer said it would come in a day. He said he had fixed the last one in stock on his car a few days back. I offered to pay for the strip and asked him if he could give me the one on his car since i would not be able to visit the service centre anytime soon. To my surprise he agreed and i paid under Rs.450/- and drove out with the front chrome strips. The guy would collect the strip i paid for and put it on his car.

So these two instances made me feel really good of being a Ford Customer.

Mileage Updates
During the highway runs i did the highest mileage i got was around 19km/l when i did around 100km in city and the rest on highways. The lowest was around 17km/l when i did much more in city. I dont think i would be able to report City mileage now since i dont really live in a City anymore.

Very Less Running and i Realise the issues of a Diesel Car
After the shifting my house and my office is just around 3km. I go in the morning and park. Come back in the Afternoon for lunch and park. Go back after lunch and Park. Come back home in the evening and park. So its more time for "Parking" than for running and suddenly i realize i have an issue at hand. For every 3 km i run i loose around 15km from the DTE. The car does not ever attain optimum temperature and hence it is always very noisy and never as smooth as it could be. My rough estimate shows me that i should be clocking close to the lowest record that our late Dr.Trrk informed. Something around 8-9km/l!!!

For those who are planning for a Diesel. Do really think twice before you invest the extra 1L in it. You might just end up like me. With no where to go. And suddenly your F.E and running per month calculations might just go hay wire.

I now use our old Fiat Uno. And the Figo is mostly parked in the shed. She gets to roll only when there are some long trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
@Gemi
From whose Fiesta did you flick the "Duratorq" badge that you have stuck on the left of your boot lid?
Your Figo was ahead of my Xing for a very short distance near Keshavadasapuram, before you pulled over. It happened someday last week.
That was my tvm visit for the second service. Sorry we could not meet.

Last edited by gemithomas : 24th September 2010 at 19:37.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2010, 18:48   #688
BHPian

Is the figo tank a 45 ltr one? Our Fiesta regularly shows 835 + on its DTE when we fill the tank.

I dont think low running affects the mileage much. It might have something to do with the traffic/driving habits maybe. Make sure you are using the torque of the engine to get ahead rather. Mostly for just rolling traffic, I just use the clutch to start moving. After that all pedals are left free unless absolutely required.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 13:52   #689
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gr8 Gemi. Nice to read your detailed post. Could you pl tell what are the things they have done during 10k service apart from the regular oil change. Have you done tyre rotation (min of 2 times).
Old 27th September 2010, 13:58   #690
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gemi for the detailed report. Did your squeak problem vanish? Unfortunately mine refsurfaced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gr8 Gemi. Nice to read your detailed post. Could you pl tell what are the things they have done during 10k service apart from the regular oil change. Have you done tyre rotation (min of 2 times).
What exactly is tyre rotation ( I am assuming the swapping front one with rear ones!) Is it part of the service or something?
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote