Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th January 2011, 15:48   #766
BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 16,000 km upd

Thats a fine piece of reporting Gemi.
I loved your expert tips and the ownership experience of the Figo.
I've been tempted to sell my Swift D and go for the Figo.Am in two minds.
Fingers crossed.
hallik9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 16:32   #767
BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 16,000 km upd

hi sunil here.me too had same problem as u mentioned.i would like to know huw u got rectified.i am having this problem on long drives.
Esu Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 17:34   #768
BHPian

Default Re: Another Milestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thanks a lot Friends. Thanks a lot. It is your replies that have inspired me to build this thread

==============
Atleast for the time being. The Figo is a REAL VALUE FOR MONEY HATCH both to BUY and to RUN.
Thats a nice milestone
2.5 per km is great VFM indeed!
I've fed close to 850 litres in 6 months.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 20:39   #769
BHPian

Gemi, very nice ownership experience, and thanks a lot for sharing all that on this forum. My buying decision of Figo TDCi is highly inspired by your and other Figo threads.

This is my first car in India, and I tend to stall the car often, as idling is at 1K rpm, and on stopping at inclines, I am not able to get it moving. Initially I used to stall the engine more often, but recently have improved the clutch-accelerator sync, and am able to drive better now.

Does stalling impact the engine badly? I'm worried
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 10:52   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Thats a fine piece of reporting Gemi.
I loved your expert tips and the ownership experience of the Figo.
I've been tempted to sell my Swift D and go for the Figo.Am in two minds.
Fingers crossed.
Do some rigorous home work before making a decision. There are certain things you will miss on the Figo. One major thing would be the overwhelming power once the turbo kicks in. I think the silent and smooth engine is another great advantage of the swift. The Figo is much more noisier and the power delivery is much more linear and the engine does not enjoy higher rpms as the swift engine does.

Get the Figo only if you want a "more composed and mature swift" in terms of handling, space and steering feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
hi sunil here.me too had same problem as u mentioned.i would like to know huw u got rectified.i am having this problem on long drives.
Hi sunil. Which problem are you mentioning here. Is it the brake noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Thats a nice milestone
2.5 per km is great VFM indeed!
I've fed close to 850 litres in 6 months.
HAve you calculated your average mileage over this period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Gemi, very nice ownership experience, and thanks a lot for sharing all that on this forum. My buying decision of Figo TDCi is highly inspired by your and other Figo threads.

This is my first car in India, and I tend to stall the car often, as idling is at 1K rpm, and on stopping at inclines, I am not able to get it moving. Initially I used to stall the engine more often, but recently have improved the clutch-accelerator sync, and am able to drive better now.

Does stalling impact the engine badly? I'm worried
Stalling is not terribly bad for the car nor is it good. You should be trying really hard to stall the TDCi

Diesel engines do not stall usually. due to the high amount of torque the engine makes. In fact you could just let go the clutch slowly without even touching the accelerator and the engine would still pull around without stalling. MAybe you are being too careful with the car.

And the car should idle at around 850 rpm not 1K. Check it again.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 11:37   #771
BHPian

Quote:

HAve you calculated your average mileage over this period.
Approximate average mileage comes to around 15.5.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2011, 19:53   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Stalling is not terribly bad for the car nor is it good. You should be trying really hard to stall the TDCi

Diesel engines do not stall usually. due to the high amount of torque the engine makes. In fact you could just let go the clutch slowly without even touching the accelerator and the engine would still pull around without stalling. MAybe you are being too careful with the car.

And the car should idle at around 850 rpm not 1K. Check it again.
You are right Gemi, idling is little below 1K mark, 850 is right I believe.

I'm a bit relieved knowing stalling is not terribly bad. Since this is my first car in India, I am in the learning curve and in-turn end up being too careful with the car. On flat road, I do not stall at all; it's only on the inclines that needs stop-go. And the traffic signals with inclines (which are many in Bangalore) are giving me tough times; though I'm able to drive better off late without stalling.
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2011, 21:17   #773
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gemi - Regarding your mileage, you can just ask the Service centre to reinstall the ECM (not just resetting) and plan a long drive of 1000km in plain roads at 80km max. I say plain roads as Kerala roads are more of hilly type

The ECM stores the history of driving in the initial 1000km and programs itself. Early upshifting and maintaining less than 2k rpm may help to set the ECM and to redefine your mileage.
I may not be correct but may be worth trying. You can plan this when you have plans to drive to Tamilnadu especially through kanyakumari. Eventhough driving habit is major decider of mileage, your auto experience shows that you should be a good in that too.

@smk_blr - Clutch plays a major role in driving diesels. At the same time you should use only at the time of changing gears and very intense traffic

Last edited by RGK : 26th January 2011 at 21:25.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 10:25   #774
Senior - BHPian

Default I have a Doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Gemi - Regarding your mileage, you can just ask the Service centre to reinstall the ECM (not just resetting) and plan a long drive of 1000km in plain roads at 80km max. I say plain roads as Kerala roads are more of hilly type

The ECM would not store the data of the First 1000 km only. It stores data on your previous driving patterns (Not sure for how many km) and manipulates the engine parameters accordingly.

So if you ave been a power hungry driver for some time the engine would be ready to give you that at your request

I Have a Doubt

Has Ford Saved Money by doing away with the synchroniser rings for the First Gear and Reverse Gear?

Has anyone else felt the same way?
Old 28th January 2011, 11:03   #775
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: I have a Doubt

Quote:

I Have a Doubt

Has Ford Saved Money by doing away with the synchroniser rings for the First Gear and Reverse Gear?

Has anyone else felt the same way?
me, me, me!!!

Not sure about the first gear, it sure does feel like that for reverse. And some how I feel the gear ratios for first and reverse are not same and the reverse is a bit weak for what ever reasons!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2011, 12:14   #776
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes Gemi - But the initial 1000k saves more info in the ECM as it is fresh. But one thing is the fuel consumption purely happens based on the DTE value? or can it be overcome by our driving pattern.

No Anil - Reverse is not bit weak. It is weakest. Always I preferred parking reverse in my apartment as it would be easy to go out ( hurry burry). But I dont do that now as my Figo struggles to climb back of my apartment ramp of 40 deg inclination.

Need to check with Ikon TDCi as both the cars use the same gearboxes.

Last edited by RGK : 28th January 2011 at 12:16.
Old 29th January 2011, 18:13   #777
Senior - BHPian

There is a new version of the Accessories Price List on Figo Site

Interesting Facts.
  • There seems to be a new "sports" alloy wheels.
  • The price of the tailgate chrome has come down drastically
  • USB cable price is still unacceptable.
  • There is a philips light mentioned not sure what it is
Attached Files
File Type: pdf new price list.pdf (81.6 KB, 2363 views)
Old 29th January 2011, 19:29   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Interesting Facts.
Jeez!! Thats quite a catch, one more thing the fog lamps have gone down, they cost just 2990 now good that I did not go for them yet. Phillips white streaks?? If what I think they are is right, then they are overtly priced, would like to check out. I am impressed with Ford again, they seem to be following up on internet feedback a lot!

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th January 2011 at 20:02.
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 22:35   #779
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Will these price be lower in Chennai? I paid 4500 for fog lamps and got back as I went for special number.. So it is around 1500 cheaper. Except alloys I do not see owners going for these accessories as either it is cheap outside or almost all comes with the car which is the specialty of Figo.
Old 29th January 2011, 23:09   #780
BHPian

Quote:

Interesting Facts.
May be it's the Fiesta S type alloys, not sure how well it will suit the Figo though.

@RGK
Hi man. Didn't quite get what you just said. Are you saying you just paid 4,500/- for the fog lamps today? And what special number are your referring to? Also getting the genuine fog lamps installed is any day better for the clean integration with the indicator stalk rather than spoiling the look of the dashboard with some aftermarket switches. And yeah, this price of the accessories should more or less be same across the states. The fog lamp pricing is now really good!

Last edited by jayded : 29th January 2011 at 23:11.
jayded is offline   Reply With Quote