Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 2nd February 2011, 11:06   #796
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 16,000 km upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Gemi, are you talking about the Jan price hike or the earlier one? Mine is a Nov end mfgd car, so I guess they had the fog-lamp wiring done before their Jan price hike.

Anyways, would be interesting to know what mods are included in Jan+ models after the price hikes. Done anyone have info on this?
Mine is a July '10 model and my car did not come with Fog lamp switch (this is to be changed if I go for fogs) but the SA told that the wiring harness is done! Crazy Ford!!!
anilisanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:26   #797
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 16,000 km upd

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
ok, Thanks

Any other major differences in the newer models?
I really dont know. A few things i think should be sorted out in the newer models are
  • The Plastic Clip on the Rear side of the roof padding. The older ones were making some irritating noises.
  • The Brake Calliper Pins that made noises on the old cars
  • The Brake Pads too must be different on new cars. Some of the older ones were making noise while braking.
  • The Brake Sensor Kit that is being retrofitted on older Titanium Variants.
  • The Rear Winder Position should obviously be different on newer cars to avoid the automatic roll down feature.
  • The Fog lamp wiring harness and switch that come standard at least with Titanium versions (not sure abut others)

Thats all i can think of right now but i'm sure there will be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Hi gemi ,
Last week I and my mom got an opportunity to travel in a figo.The overall experience is just fantastic. My mom usually get back pain when she sits in the backseat of our ritz but after a long journey she is still comfortable .The feature which is great is that sterio has backup up to one hour .Overall, we are smitten.Plastic quality is also nice.And the car was a chill colored EXi TDCI.
Wish we had a figo
Regards
Sreehari
Hey! Sreehari. I was just pretty lucky that the maruti sales guy decided to piss me off at the very last moment of buying the Ritz Ldi. As i always say. I will always be very thankful to him. I appreciate your trueness in reporting facts. Something rarely seen in maruti owners on such forums especially those with the DDiS engine. Most are just bowled over by the engine performance that they are unwilling to respond to such feedbacks positively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Gemi, are you talking about the Jan price hike or the earlier one? Mine is a Nov end mfgd car, so I guess they had the fog-lamp wiring done before their Jan price hike.

Anyways, would be interesting to know what mods are included in Jan+ models after the price hikes. Done anyone have info on this?
Must be the initial hike they made. i think around 3-4 months from launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mine is a July '10 model and my car did not come with Fog lamp switch (this is to be changed if I go for fogs) but the SA told that the wiring harness is done! Crazy Ford!!!
Would be good if you could confirm. I really doubt the harness would be present.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:33   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
  • The Rear Winder Position should obviously be different on newer cars to avoid the automatic roll down feature.
I've got it changed 3 times, but it still rolls down often!
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 16:26   #799
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me too. Whatever the best position, it rolls down. Initially takes more kms to come down. Once the lever position becomes old its rolls even after driving 5 to 10 kms on all type of roads.
Ford has not still fixed this even after completing almost one year of launch. They should change the type of lever with inbuilt locking feature something like a torque wrench.

@ Gemi - what about quality of carpet mats in newer versions.

Last edited by RGK : 6th February 2011 at 16:36.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 20:25   #800
BHPian

Mine also rolls down, initially the rt.side, now both. And I forgot to mention it when I went for the second service.
In lieu of power windows at the rear, Ford decided to put its own special made for India developed feature "automatic roll down windows". Rest assured, no car in any category has this!
Deep Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 21:31   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Mine also rolls down, initially the rt.side, now both. And I forgot to mention it when I went for the second service.
In lieu of power windows at the rear, Ford decided to put its own special made for India developed feature "automatic roll down windows". Rest assured, no car in any category has this!

Guys I own a FIGO Titanium Diesel(Mar'10) and luckily I havent faced this issue yet.

And going through the whole thread, I was surprised to see that some of you are getting very low mileage.

My wife has been using the FIGO and she likes pushing her cars, her daily drive is from South Delhi to NOIDA expressway and for the last three fills we have seen figures of : 21.7, 20.8 and 21.3.

I have been calculating these based on tankful to tankful method and I usually stick to the BP pump near Defence Colony.

I know when the summers kick in the mileage is going to drop by 2-3 kmpl, but if I remember recollect the worst I have seen till now is 15.8.

QQ to all of you - got my second service done this weekend and noticed in the manual that the engine oil capacity is 3.8 L. Chekced the bills for the 1st and 2nd service and they have charged me for 4.1L. Can you guys confirm the numbers please?
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 23:04   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

I got the Car on 1-1-'11. My scheduled (all Figo's) service is at 3 months or 2500kms.

My 3 months would be on March '11 or April '11? It doesn't say completion or beginning.

There is a bit rattle from either the front glove-box or the front door (there is always a 1ltr bottle in the holder).

From the rear right part, it appeared as though stone chips were getting thrown in the wheel well (as when you go over freshly laid tarmac) but I didn't go over one. A bit confused here too.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 12:03   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Me too. Whatever the best position, it rolls down.

@ Gemi - what about quality of carpet mats in newer versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Mine also rolls down

Have you checked the position of the lever that i posted earlier. In such position the lever has to turn upwards for the glass to be rolled down. This is just not possible to happen unless someone sitting at the back has his legs brushing the lever. I think the service centre has not put the lever in the right position. Please check the photo i posted.

@ RGK: Not sure. Have not seen the new ones. Is it different and of better quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
Guys I own a FIGO Titanium Diesel(Mar'10) and luckily I havent faced this issue yet.

And going through the whole thread, I was surprised to see that some of you are getting very low mileage.

My wife has been using the FIGO and she likes pushing her cars, her daily drive is from South Delhi to NOIDA expressway and for the last three fills we have seen figures of : 21.7, 20.8 and 21.3.

I have been calculating these based on tankful to tankful method and I usually stick to the BP pump near Defence Colony.

I know when the summers kick in the mileage is going to drop by 2-3 kmpl, but if I remember recollect the worst I have seen till now is 15.8.

QQ to all of you - got my second service done this weekend and noticed in the manual that the engine oil capacity is 3.8 L. Chekced the bills for the 1st and 2nd service and they have charged me for 4.1L. Can you guys confirm the numbers please?
Thats real good mileage. I have managed such mileage only once when i drove sanely over some real good highway with very less traffic. The Figo TDCI returns very bad mileage for short trips. Our late dr.trrk had reported something around 8-9km/l for such trips. I think this is one of the major reason for getting such low mileage.

Even in my case i think i am getting horrendous F.E figures for my very short (3-4km) runs 3 times a day. But on an average i think its sticking to around 14-15 for the whole tank.

Need to check my bills to know about the oil. Not sure how much they charged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I got the Car on 1-1-'11. My scheduled (all Figo's) service is at 3 months or 2500kms.

My 3 months would be on March '11 or April '11? It doesn't say completion or beginning.

There is a bit rattle from either the front glove-box or the front door (there is always a 1ltr bottle in the holder).

From the rear right part, it appeared as though stone chips were getting thrown in the wheel well (as when you go over freshly laid tarmac) but I didn't go over one. A bit confused here too.
You have to service it before completion. I think the Extended Warranty Rules mention of a buffer of around 150km or ten days. (not very sure of the numbers). But service centres normally enforce the "prior to completion" criteria.

The stone chipping is the new tyres picking up small stone from the road. You can expect to hear this till the tyre has done a couple thousands of kms.

Here is a new milestone

Attachment 497341

Updates:-
  • There is a very small noise every time the a/c fan comes on and goes off. Something like a non greased bearing starting and stopping its rotations. The sound disappears one the fan starts spinning fully.
  • The brake squeaks are as bad as they could be. Tying to push it till 20K service.
  • There are minor rattles form the plastics when i move on bad roads.
  • The "Thud" while running into potholes are a bit too loud. Nt sure if it was like this earlier. I now realise it when i drive our Fusion.
  • I take back my words that Apollo accelere's are CRAP!. They are holding strong on the horrendous roads i am doing. I am pretty sure the michellins would have had side bulges way back in time considering the roads i drive on these days. To be frank, I Really miss my FIAT Adventure 1.6.
  • The door pad plastics look much older than the car. I have a weird feeling that the rear pads have inferior quality than the front ones.
  • The a/c vents are pretty much better to touch and move on our fusion. Though they look very similar i guess the quality of plastic used is very different. But then the price paid too is very different!!
  • All in all. A very Practical Value for Money Every Day Car that can handle almost anything with grace. Except maybe unscientific bumps.!!
Old 7th February 2011, 18:40   #804
BHPian

Quote:
[*]I take back my words that Apollo accelere's are CRAP!. They are holding strong on the horrendous roads i am doing. I am pretty sure the michellins would have had side bulges way back in time considering the roads i drive on these days.
Gemi, that's very good indeed! At least one worry less for you.

BTW, do you have any uneven tread wearing with the Apollos, or any steering pull, as other Figo owners have experienced?
SMK_BLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2011, 10:45   #805
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 18,000 km upd

OK! I'm Fed up of those irritatingly idiotic stupids who dont care to dim their headlights at night.

Can someone guide me on the best possible upgrade of headlamps to make the car useful for night drives. I've read somewhere that D2R xenons can be put in place of normal bulbs. Is it just a plug in job or will there be any other modifications required?

If i can only put normal bulbs in the current headlamp unit, I also want to know about he possibilities of adding an extra fog lamp. Something like i had on my adventure.

I would like the budget to be within 6-8K. And i want to have minimum possible modifications on OEM parts.

Last edited by gemithomas : 13th February 2011 at 10:49.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:09   #806
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Figo TDCi. EDIT: 18,000 km upd

Gemi, you can try the usual options of Osram Nightbreaker and Philips Extreme Power if you don't want to change anything.

By experience, I can say that with any regular 55W bulb, even an upgrade won't make much difference if you face idiots on high beam on undivided / unlit roads. One just has to practice better night driving skills. If you have projectors etc, its a different story. 90/100 W bulbs may make things better, but they need modifications to the system and often spoil the reflectors.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:45   #807
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gemi, I think the best way to upgrade to 100/90 w. The alteration comes around 1200/- in coimbatore. I saw one Figo done in chennai. The power is much better. This does not have a major alteration except an addition of relay in the existing wiring.
As architect has mentioned, I doubt the quality of reflectors in Figo. (Indica Vista was excellent). But it can be used during highway driving as the incoming air would cool the reflector.
Unfortunately even educated drivers never dim nowadays.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 15:48   #808
Senior - BHPian

Got the Philips Lighting Kit from Ford. Its a set of headlight bulbs, park light bulbs and Fog lamp bulbs. Fitted just the headlight bulbs. Rest to be fixed during 20K service next week.

The light is slightly whiter. Would still not force oncoming traffic to dim their beams.
Old 24th February 2011, 15:53   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Philips Lighting Kit from Ford. Its a set of headlight bulbs, park light bulbs and Fog lamp bulbs. Fitted just the headlight bulbs. Rest to be fixed during 20K service next week.

The light is slightly whiter. Would still not force oncoming traffic to dim their beams.
thats cool. How much did it cost?
And is there a great improvement in illumination?
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:40   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Gemi,
Even With my ikons 130watts shining directly onto the faces , these idiots are not ready to flick the switch.Now i'm wondering to what i should upgrade to make them dip. Either they don't know how to dip or simply would not do.
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote