Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th March 2012, 15:19   #961
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. "42K kms Update"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Gemi, have you faced any suspension issue by now? Whenever i go over huge speed-breakers, i hear a loud noise from the front as if something has broken. Also i feel that after the start of this issue, the car has become extra sensitive over bad roads.

Which brand new tyres you got for the car?

Have you noticed any change in engine characteristic? From past 1000 kms, sometimes in motion, when i remove my feet from the accelerator completely and press the clutch for changing gears i listen a different kind of engine clatter, as if someone revved it a bit. But at that time, my feet is completely off from the accelerator. What this could be?

BTW, Your Ritz vs Figo Comparo is still pending
Hi, Sorry about the Comparo. Will try to put it up ASAP.

Regarding the suspension thing. It should most probably be the stabilizer bar scraping the cross member. If you get it checked you would see that the hook like portion of the stabiliser bar that sticks out of the cross member would be slightly misaligned causing it to scrape while in motion. There is a picture of his a few pages earlier on this thread.

Seeing lots of Figos on the ramp at the service centre i have a feeling that the Figo Stabilizer bars are a bit on the weaker side. Have not seen this in any of our FIAT's / Fusion.

Not sure about the engine noise change. I guess it could be ignored unless it starts becoming more annoying. In my opinion the TDCi engine has got a very unstable character. It feels superb smooth sometimes and gets rough and noisy the next day. I have always felt that the engine is very sensitive to outside temperature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muthyala.raja View Post
I too started hearing a creaking sound somewhere from above front Tyres,when going over relatively bigger speed breakers. I don't here it if I manage to keep it very slow. I started seeing this from my last kanya kumari trip . Also, I am hearing lot of break noise these days :-(. I need to get it checked soon. Any body else facing similar issues?
I clocked 16.5k so far.
The grinding noise while applying brakes disappeared only after i changed the brake pads under warranty. The pads changed did not have the motorcraft sticker on it. Your issue about the suspension must be a worn out bush kit.

Hope this helps.
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 15:32   #962
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. "42K kms Update"

Great going Gemi.
What is the make of new tires and did you change front two or entire four?
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 20:42   #963
BHPian

I too believe the stabilizer bar & cross member issue. Earlier it used to come only from the right but now it comes from both sides. Will get it checked. What is the solution for this? Alignment or a change?

I too believe the engine is sensitive to the outside temperature a lot. Once, the car was unused for 4-5 days in extreme winters and on starting, the idling was erratic and the clatter was weird for 30-40 seconds. After that all was normal. Also the rear doors used to squeak a lot but now in summers the squeaks have reduced almost by 90%. Seems the door beading is also sensitive to temperature and softens in summers resulting in less squeaks
Blow Horn Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 22:23   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Great going Gemi.
What is the make of new tires and did you change front two or entire four?
I changed all 4 to XM1+ of OEM size. Badly wanted to upgrade to 185/65 but was unable to source that size ones in time.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 13:13   #965
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I changed all 4 to XM1+ of OEM size. Badly wanted to upgrade to 185/65 but was unable to source that size ones in time.
Always better to change 4. XM1+ is very good and the michellin dealer gives extra discount for tbphians in chennai .
How is the tire noise now. Most users says Michellin is the least noise maker.
Old 9th March 2012, 13:18   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Always better to change 4. XM1+ is very good and the michellin dealer gives extra discount for tbphians in chennai .
How is the tire noise now. Most users says Michellin is the least noise maker.
Yup XM1+ is the least noise maker and if you also have the under body coating done then even better low NVH
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 15:13   #967
Senior - BHPian

Default 2nd Birthday

On Mr.Reddy's Second Birthday

Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-17032012041.jpg
Old 20th March 2012, 15:19   #968
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Mr Reddy on the second birthday! Wish you many happy miles in future!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 15:22   #969
Senior - BHPian

UPDATES
Here is how things stand in terms of running
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image080.jpg

And here is one of the recent DTE readings. One of the best i have managed to get till date.
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-image061.jpg

A One Liner
A very practical and reliable hatch at a reasonable price for those who understand what and how a car should really be.
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 14:42   #970
BHPian

Hi Gemi,

Long time no updates! There used to be a few in a single month.
Diesel lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 14:59   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi Gemi,

Long time no updates! There used to be a few in a single month.
Quite Busy on the roads

Had a chance for a short drive in the Facelift Ford Figo TDCi. Here are my views based on a short experience in the Zxi Variant.
  • The front looks different to those who notice cars. To others it would just pass by.
  • The change in the rear is almost unnoticeable except if you are really looking for it.
  • The interiors are the very same plastics with just a new color fabric on the seats.
  • Press the horn and you will go "". I hear ford did this cost cutting much earlier. So i guess only those with the Figo from the initial batches would notice the single tone 'maruti' like horn.
  • The cover around the gearshift handle is not the hard ones that came on earlier Figos. This one is sort of a leather clothing and feels more "tata"-ish.
  • The "steering mounted"[literally] audio controls is an eye wash. I think ford could just have decided that we dont need such gimmick. Not sure if people would love it after constant use. First impression is that i would rather use the large controls on the HU.
  • Steering adjustment is a boon. Very good addition especially for taller drivers.
  • Somehow the quality of the light and wiper stalks felt better to me. Not sure if it was just a feeling.
  • The best thing i noticed is the interiors felt much more silent. Both the engine noise and the road noise did not leak into the cabin as it does in my car. Again not very sure if its because mine has done around 65K. I really cant recollect if mine was as silent when new.
  • The engine recalibration is noticeable. The power available at lower rpms at higher gears was very noticeable. I think this would solve the initial complaints of the car loosing power on slopes.
  • Not sure about the power availability at higher range. Since the car was brand new i did not want to tax the engine.
  • The new headlight design would surely solve the headlight inadequacy that ALL earlier users have complained of. I loved the earlier 'design' though.
  • About the overall design in short. I parked my car with the new and they looked like "Man and Wife" from front.

Last edited by gemithomas : 19th November 2012 at 15:02.
gemithomas is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:27   #972
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Quite Busy on the roads
  • The best thing i noticed is the interiors felt much more silent. Both the engine noise and the road noise did not leak into the cabin as it does in my car. Again not very sure if its because mine has done around 65K. I really cant recollect if mine was as silent when new.

That's the first thing I noticed when I sat in Kpzen's new Figo. It was so silent compared to mine. not a lot of diesel clatter and hardly any road noise.

Quote:
The new headlight design would surely solve the headlight inadequacy that ALL earlier users have complained of. I loved the earlier 'design' though.
It seems to replace the headlights to the new ones for the older Figo, you also need to replace the bumper. So it's not as easy as I thought. The strange thing is that the new headlights cost Rs.200 lesser than the older one. A colleague in my office just got this done on his Figo. New bumper and new lights for 16K.
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:49   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It seems to replace the headlights to the new ones for the older Figo, you also need to replace the bumper. So it's not as easy as I thought. The strange thing is that the new headlights cost Rs.200 lesser than the older one. A colleague in my office just got this done on his Figo. New bumper and new lights for 16K.
Why didn't he just get a good pair of auxiliary lights for that kind of budget!
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:05   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
sometimes in motion, when i remove my feet from the accelerator completely and press the clutch for changing gears i listen a different kind of engine clatter, as if someone revved it a bit. But at that time, my feet is completely off from the accelerator. What this could be?
i'm afraid it is a very late reply, but nevertheless...

Yes i get this from the tdci unit in the fiesta too. This is the tappet noise. Proves to you that this is the least advanced of the crdi units out there.
ramzsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2012, 16:14   #975
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Gemi - Nice to read your review about the new Figo.

Felft that the new head light design resembles that of I10's and A stars.
Even the older Figo was deprived of one horn.

Even one of my colleague told that the cabin is much silent and gives a pleasant ride. Need to do a TD shortly