Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 18th March 2013, 15:33   #991
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 18 March 2010 to 18 March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

18th March 2010 to 18th March 2013! Peace of Mind? Well i'll say "Yes Sir!".
Congrats! Yours is the first and perhaps the most detailed LTO thread on the Figo in this forum. Great to know about the Figo giving you a peace of mind, unlike what Ford cars are perceived to be.

Do post pictures of the Hellas and details of cost, wiring, etc. And I'm not sure if you've installed any race chip, so please do let us know.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2013, 12:38   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Do post pictures of the Hellas and details of cost, wiring, etc. And I'm not sure if you've installed any race chip, so please do let us know.
Here you go.

Without Bumpers
Name:  Image516 Medium.jpg
Views: 2703
Size:  44.8 KB

Fixing the Clamps

Name:  Image517 Medium.jpg
Views: 2669
Size:  50.1 KB Name:  Image518 Medium.jpg
Views: 2649
Size:  38.9 KB

Spray Paint Touch Up

Name:  Image520 Medium.jpg
Views: 2705
Size:  46.6 KB

And Now "The Looks"

Name:  IMAG0281 Medium.jpg
Views: 2764
Size:  78.0 KB Name:  IMAG0286.jpg
Views: 3270
Size:  104.8 KB

Courtesy: Jeff and Team. Global Tyres, Cochin.
Time for Installation: Just under 4 hrs.
Vitamin M Lost: Just Under 6.4K
700FF User Review: Not really happy with the black spots in the lights. And the light from the right hella is not the same as the left. But the lights a far more than enough on rural roads. I do not need the OEM headlights now. But for highways i think i cant do without a 100W Upgrade of all lights.
gemithomas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2013, 16:42   #993
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. Now 72,000 kms & cloc

After 2 visits in 2 weeks, 4 days stay at the A.S.S and 400 km driving distance in total, i was finally able to get the 90,000km Service Done and the Suspension Checked/Changed.

Yet to drive the car, since it was brought home by the Driver. Keeping my fingers crossed after a tiring experience with Kairali Ford, Trivandrum.

Will update after i get to much some miles.
Old 7th November 2013, 21:16   #994
BHPian

Quote:
After 2 visits in 2 weeks, 4 days stay at the A.S.S and 400 km driving distance in total, i was finally able to get the 90,000km Service Done and the Suspension Checked/Changed.

Yet to drive the car, since it was brought home by the Driver. Keeping my fingers crossed after a tiring experience with Kairali Ford, Trivandrum.

Sorry to hear that. What problem were you facing with the suspension? Why did you get it changed? Front/back/both?
rohing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 03:09   #995
BHPian

Default Re: Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher-The Figo TDCi. Now 72,000 kms & cloc

Quote:

Hi Gemi

Gr8 mile munching

You are close to inching the 1L kms mark

Wanted to clear some doubts regarding my Figo tdci. Can you please list the major repair/replace that you have incurred so far apart from the routine service. Also did you face any problems during your long-term ownership.

Recently my SA had advised me to get the brake-pads and the brake-discs replaced even though the car has clocked 20,000 kms in 18 months. I am a bit skeptical about it though. When did you get those replaced.

Thanks!
auto_enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2013, 15:04   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Recently my SA had advised me to get the brake-pads and the brake-discs replaced even though the car has clocked 20,000 kms in 18 months. I am a bit skeptical about it though. When did you get those replaced.

Thanks!
Hi Auto enthusiast

My figo has done 76K kms and I replaced the brake pads at 70K kms. As for the brake discs they have never been replaced.

I would suggest that you take your car to a local workshop or some other fod service where you might have an acquaintance.

If there is a replacement required you could even get it done under warranty if I am not wrong since your car is just 18 months old.

Something does not feel right here.

Last edited by figo_mba : 20th November 2013 at 15:06.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 22:40   #997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gemi Gr8 mile munching You are close to inching the 1L kms mark Wanted to clear some doubts regarding my Figo tdci. Can you please list the major repair/replace that you have incurred so far apart from the routine service. Also did you face any problems during your long-term ownership. Recently my SA had advised me to get the brake-pads and the brake-discs replaced even though the car has clocked 20,000 kms in 18 months. I am a bit skeptical about it though. When did you get those replaced. Thanks!
I lost my radiator fan at around 20 k km and got it replaced under warranty. Brake pads were replaced at 25 k under warranty due to the squeaky sound I had been complaining about since the first week of purchase! Yes! It took that long! The first major bill came for the suspension work at 90 k.

I really do not think you should change the brake pads and disks now. The brake disks are surely under warranty. Can you tell me what is the problem with the brakes.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 23:24   #998
BHPian

Quote:
I lost my radiator fan at around 20 k km and got it replaced under warranty. Brake pads were replaced at 25 k under warranty due to the squeaky sound I had been complaining about since the first week of purchase! Yes! It took that long! The first major bill came for the suspension work at 90 k.

I really do not think you should change the brake pads and disks now. The brake disks are surely under warranty. Can you tell me what is the problem with the brakes.
The brakes make a squeaky sound each time I brake. The noise is more prominent in the morning, though not to the point of getting disturbed, but I like my car to be in top shape. Should I write to ford and ask for a disc replacement? I have the vehicle report card, given to me by the SA, stating that the discs need to be replaced. What were the formalities done by you and what was their criteria for disc replacement?

As you have mentioned, apart from the suspension work, you did not have to pay for any other repairs. Thats really commendable for both of you
Old 27th November 2013, 09:24   #999
BHPian

Quote:

Attaching herewith the vehicle report card from ford clearly stating the need for brake pads n disc replacement.
Attached Thumbnails
Italian Softroader to American Mile cruncher - The Ford Figo TDCi. 110,000 km update!-veh-report-card-1.jpg  

Old 27th November 2013, 10:44   #1000
Senior - BHPian

You will have to cry out and try hard for the Pad/disk replacement under warranty. The manual states that these parts are not covered under warranty. But every manufacturer does entertain genuine cases where the wear and tear happens much earlier than normal. Since you have done 20K they might push for a paid pad replacement. But i feel you could surely try to get warranty on the disks. Infact i think you might not even need a disk replacement. If the noise is like some metal grinding noise when you press the brake, it sounds simmilar to the issue i had faced. Try pouring water on the pads using a house. Lot of black dirt should go out. The sound should dissapear for around 50 to 100km and would then resurface. That was the case with me. If that is the issue. ONLY BRAKE PAD replacement would do. Ensure you get the pads with the "FoMoCo" badging.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 11:47   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Default 90,000 km Service Update

Ok. Here is what has been happening.

I've been extremely busy over the past few months that i never even checked team bhp. This is a very rare thing to happen ever since i joined this forum over 6 years back.

Figo had been giving lots of noise from the suspension even before the 80k Service. I never had the time to push the A.S.S to keep my car for a few days and get everything checked. The A.S.S did not have the time to check everything and rectify it within a day's time that my car was them for routine service. So they choose the easier way to convince me that everything was normal. I forced myself to get convinced with that since i could not do without a car for the days i need to let them have mine, if i was persistent on doing away with the sounds.

So after the 80K service i come back with a perfectly normal suspension!!

By 90k km the noise was so bad that i felt something might fall down if i keep going like that. Booked for the 90k service before the pooja holidays.

Complaints
1. Left side Park Light not working.
2. Squeaky Noise from rear drum while pressing brake.
3. Suspension Noise
4. Scheduled 90K km service.

Bill Amount
Total Labour Amount 1,594
Total Parts Amount 3,750
Some amount as taxes
Grand Total 6,085

They kept the car for 2 entire days saying they need to check the suspension. Got the car back the next day evening just before the A.S.S was shutting down for pooja holidays.

Resolutions
1. Philips white streak park light bulb was not available. I did not want to have a while light in one and yellow in another. Hence changed both park bulbs.
2. I was billed for drum/pad remove/clean/replace and was informed that there was no noise now. But somehow i was still able to hear the noisewhile pressing the brake!!
3. I was told that shocks were worn out only 60% and needed no replacement now. They was perfectly satisfied with the suspension noise. But sadly, somehow i was still hearing each and every noise and every other broken tarmac was felt on my back!!!
4. 90K km service done. I prefer not to doubt them on this!

Issues Again!
1. Brake drum squeak still persists.
2. Suspension rattle extremely high and ride comfort close to nil.
3. Engine stall issue resurfaced. Within 1500 km after the service the car stalls thrice while depressing the clutch.
4. This was the jackpot of all issues. One my way back from the service centre the additional hella fogs stop working. 15 minutes later the car stalls in the middle of the road. Everything just stops. No engine. No light. No brakes. No Hazard Lights. Nothing! Just darkness. Luckily i was not on a busy road and even luckier i had two friends in my car. As we push the car to the side it strikes me that the hella had stopped working and it must be a loose battery terminal!!! Open the bonnet. Press the Terminal and the car starts responding. Those "trained professionals at the Ford Authorized Service Centre" forgot to tighten the battery terminals. And i was left stranded on the middle of the road on the night of "Pooja" where every one keeps their tools for worship.

Blasted at the Ford staff who called me a few days later to see if i was "Completely Satisfied" with the service experience!

I do appreciate the effort taken in convincing me that they would do the needful and would not let me down if i gave them another change. They convinced me to get the car back a week later as per my convenience. I was put through with Mr.Arun, who was not like the dumb head advisor that dealt with me the earlier time. Mr.Arun, the Service Advisor and Mr.Aju, the Customer Service Manager ensured that things got rectified this time.

So after 100 X 4 km of running and 2 + 2 days at the service centre.
1. Brake drum noise rectified.
2. All 4 Shocks Replaced.
3. 2 front Link rods replaced.
4. 1 gear cable bush replaced.
I get a bill of 18,369/-. But this time the car is back in shape and i did not regret paying the bill amount.

The car is now at 92.5K km and is doing good.

The Best thing to happen...
Happened to be at a car accessory shop at karunagappally for a work for one of my relatives car. Seeing the way the work was done i felt confident to ask for a headlight upgrade. The guy said that he had done it on a figo earlier and that it was difficult to reach the bulb location. This gave me even more confidence. The next day morning drove into the shop and asked them to put in 100/130 Bulbs with Philips Relay and Wiring Kit. Total Cost came to Rs.1,500/- with Osram Bulbs. And that solved my long lasting concern about the figo headlights. The light throw is extremely good and the confidence it gives me on highways are exceptional. I regret adding the hellas instead of getting this done in the first instance itself. Now i usually do not even use the OEM fogs or the Hellas. Just the headlights give me the confidence to drive.

Close to 4 years down the line i surely still miss the Itallian Softroader. But for a "car", the Figo journey has been quite tension free.
Old 27th November 2013, 13:14   #1002
BHPian

Thanks for the info. Will surely contact Ford India and try to convince them for pad n disc replacement.
Old 2nd April 2014, 13:14   #1003
BHPian

Hi gemi

Long time no updates??

Hope your long-termer is serving you well
Old 8th April 2014, 13:31   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Default !,00,000km Update

Quote:
Hi gemi

Long time no updates??

Hope your long-termer is serving you well
Your Wish is Granted!

Here comes the 1,00,000km Update of one of the Ford Figo's on this forum

Extremely Sorry for such a late post. The car crossed the 1,00,000km barrier on 17th March 2014, that is exactly 4 years from the day of purchase. So as i always say, having a diesel car does not really save you on fuel costs. You will always tend to run more and spend more! My Fiat Adventure 1.6 had crossed only 40,000km in 3 years time and the Ford Fusion 1.6 my father uses is just inching towards 70,000km after 7 years.

I have said enough of how practical a car this is and the peace of mind factor in owning this car. Here are the details of my service costs till date.

Job, Costs and Details
2.5K Service 1183
10K Service 1200
20K Service 4573 Brake Pad Kit Warranty
Wheel Hub Bolt 184
30K Service 4669
Coolant Fan Warranty
40K Service 3535
50K Service 4300 60K Service 10835 Tensioner Pulley Replaced
70K Service 4165
80K Service 8262
90K Service 6048
Suspension Change 18369 Shocks / Link Rods
100K Service 13545 A/C Cooling Coil Replaced
Total 80868

Parts were always available at the time of requirement and the turn around time was acceptable except during the last 2 services [at 90K and 100K km] where i had to keep the car with them for two days each and also had to revisit for corrections which took another two days each.

If you take away the additional costs for suspension replacement and cooling coil replacement i personally feel the service costs have been extremely low for such a capable car.

So, i looked around for peace of mind the last time i went shopping for a car and i dont think i can complain. Except that my heart beat goes berserk everytime a red punto appears in my rear view mirror or i happen to spot another Fiat Adventure and its proud owner[which is a rare happening!].

This might sound absurd, but i have plans to shop for a new Ford Figo.

Last edited by gemithomas : 8th April 2014 at 13:33.
gemithomas is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2014, 14:22   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go.

Without Bumpers
Attachment 1063723

Fixing the Clamps

Attachment 1063724 Attachment 1063725

Spray Paint Touch Up

Attachment 1063726

And Now "The Looks"

Attachment 1063727 Attachment 1063728

Courtesy: Jeff and Team. Global Tyres, Cochin.
Time for Installation: Just under 4 hrs.
Vitamin M Lost: Just Under 6.4K
700FF User Review: Not really happy with the black spots in the lights. And the light from the right hella is not the same as the left. But the lights a far more than enough on rural roads. I do not need the OEM headlights now. But for highways i think i cant do without a 100W Upgrade of all lights.
Congos on the magical figure.About the light set up i somehow feel if you mount the aux lights at the same level as that of the headlights,the results could be much better.Am using the comet 500 on my swift and quite satisfied with the light throw.
rakesh_r is online now   Reply With Quote