Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 25th April 2012, 18:45   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Did he show you the worn out part?
Is the car indicating through any means that these parts might be worn out, such as noises or the way it drives?
If not, is it mentioned in the service manual that these must be changed at the 100Kkm mark service?
If its the last option, then it could be preventive maintenance to keep the car running in top condition. However, based on the condition of the parts, you could even post pone this by a few thousand kms or more.
Alternately, if you want to save costs, why not get the same evaluated from a good local mechanic. Without seeing the car, I doubt many of us could help you out with regards to the same.
Thanks sir for that reply and concern.

Firstly, yes it is preventive maintenance and the manual says so. I am ok with it.

No there is no noise what so ever when running

The auth dealer says that Timing belt need to be changed after 100K KM

My question is that, can I change only the timing belt, Engine Oil, Break Fluid, Diesel filter, Oil filter and may the coolant. Mechanical parts based on the wear and tear and condition. That can be seen only when it is opened for timing belt change.

I will certainly take a second opinion from TVS All cars.

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

shanks
myshanks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 22:49   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi ZXi 60,000 kms. review / Still fida over the fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshanks View Post
Thanks sir for that reply and concern.

Firstly, yes it is preventive maintenance and the manual says so. I am ok with it.

No there is no noise what so ever when running

The auth dealer says that Timing belt need to be changed after 100K KM

My question is that, can I change only the timing belt, Engine Oil, Break Fluid, Diesel filter, Oil filter and may the coolant. Mechanical parts based on the wear and tear and condition. That can be seen only when it is opened for timing belt change.

I will certainly take a second opinion from TVS All cars.

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

shanks
Is the timing belt change mentioned in the service booklet?

You can change whatever parts you want - best is to decide based on wear and tear. However, don't wait until its too late, as it could damage your engine.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2012, 17:32   #48
BHPian

Reviving a dead topic here:
All this discussions about the cost of the battery, I have contacted two service centres here in Hyderabad and both have quoted 5300 for it. Both said they will not exchange/ take back the old battery hence no discount. Have the prices gone up in the last two years or am I being cheated here?
speedmunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 02:06   #49
BHPian

Happy New Year to all,

Sorry for digging out an old post.
I have few queries regarding parts pricing for my ford fiesta zxi diesel(2010). Recently I got my 50k kms services done, which costed me 5k+(approx).

Ford service advisor asked me to change:
+ Power steering pump, because there is a oil leak around the hose.
+ Gear mounting, complete wear out might make the gear shift hard.
+ Boot lock, attimes does not lock(makes a loud tarrrr tarrr sound, while opening and then does not lock), might be because of my office security guard check, they keep banging the boot after checking everytime, told them so many times to close it softly.)

Below are the cost breakup as per Ford:
+ Power Steering pump - Rs. 8550 + 850 (Oil)
+ Gear Box mounting - Rs. 5300
+ Boot Lock - Rs. 4200

Now the reason for this post: I recently changed my front windshield(stone hit crack) from Windsheild expert which costed me half the price compared to what quoted by Ford. I paid 6K for the same brand(AIS) of windshield, for which Ford quoted me 12k.

Now I'm wondering does the above power steering pump, gear box mounting and boot lock will cost me less in local market for the same brand? or will it cost me same since they are ford specific parts?

Please advice.

Happy New Year!
Latesh
lateshnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 13:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshnair View Post
Happy New Year to all,
Sorry for digging out an old post.
I have few queries regarding parts pricing for my ford fiesta zxi diesel(2010). Recently I got my 50k kms services done, which costed me 5k+(approx).
Hi Latesh,

I own a 2011 Fiesta Classic and have experienced issues you have mentioned. I got the power steering hose changed during the last service and the bonnet lock an year back. I have had a good experience with the car all along, but when I turn back and look there is a whole lot of spares that needed replacement. 3 front struts, steering column, bonnet lock, power steering hose, battery. Bonnet latch from Ford cost me 2,350 an year back. I am quite sure the parts cost significantly less outside. Since my car is on company lease, I did not feel the pinch. However, looking at the long list of replacements to be done in 3.5 years, I doubt if I am buying a Ford again.

Last edited by ampere : 8th September 2015 at 23:47. Reason: Reduced quoted post
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2015, 21:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Hi Latesh,

I own a 2011 Fiesta Classic and have experienced issues you have mentioned. I got the power steering hose changed during the last service and the bonnet lock an year back. I have had a good experience with the car all along, but when I turn back and look there is a whole lot of spares that needed replacement. 3 front struts, steering column, bonnet lock, power steering hose, battery. Bonnet latch from Ford cost me 2,350 an year back. I am quite sure the parts cost significantly less outside. Since my car is on company lease, I did not feel the pinch. However, looking at the long list of replacements to be done in 3.5 years, I doubt if I am buying a Ford again.
Hi Vinu,

Thanks for the reply.
Luckily I didn't have any unusual parts failing in past 4 years. Except the periodic parts replacement as per the service schedule.
This is the first time I was informed about the above parts needs to be replaced. Which looks like a normal wear and tear. But after my windshield change experience, I'm forced to think why should I go to Ford to replace these parts when local market is selling the same parts for nearly the half price.

Do you know any local good ford garage, who can help me?

Thanks
lateshnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 15:14   #52
BHPian

I am writing this on behalf of my friend. He owns a Ford Classic 1.4 TDCI 2011 model. He has driven it for 76,000km single handedly. No major repair work has been done other than regular servicing and few body works.
For the last few months he has been facing a peculiar problem. Randomly, the ignition shuts off suddenly on de-clutching. There is no pattern to it, not specific to any speed or gear. The engine starts again on cranking immediately.
The AVK Ford workshop at Powai ran a diagnostics and said injectors readings are abnormal and need cleaning. The estimate that the Ford guys gave was around 25-30k. My friend is yet to get the same done and contemplating a second opinion as the AVK guys did not sound very convincing and previous experiences have not been very pleasant.

a) Has anyone faced similar problem here?
b) Any opinion on the service station's diagnostic?
c) Can someone suggest a trustworthy garage for taking the second opinion?
mrinmoy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2015, 14:16   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
I am writing this on behalf of my friend. He owns a Ford Classic 1.4 TDCI 2011 model. He has driven it for 76,000km single handedly. No major repair work has been done other than regular servicing and few body works.
For the last few months he has been facing a peculiar problem. Randomly, the ignition shuts off suddenly on de-clutching. There is no pattern to it, not specific to any speed or gear. The engine starts again on cranking immediately.
The AVK Ford workshop at Powai ran a diagnostics and said injectors readings are abnormal and need cleaning. The estimate that the Ford guys gave was around 25-30k. My friend is yet to get the same done and contemplating a second opinion as the AVK guys did not sound very convincing and previous experiences have not been very pleasant.

a) Has anyone faced similar problem here?
b) Any opinion on the service station's diagnostic?
c) Can someone suggest a trustworthy garage for taking the second opinion?
Hi mrinmoy, is it the sudden shutting down of engine at any random speeds when declutching? Because even i have faced such problems in the past with my 2010 Fiesta zxi. In my case, took it to the service centre and they plugged in their laptop and ran a diagnostic test and said there was bug which they 'deleted'. Post that, the problem didn't resurface for 7-8 months after which on its resurfacing they did the same again and since then it hasn't happened again. It really is a scary situation really I can tell from experience. Suppose you're taking a turn at high speed or something and the motor shuts. All the hydraulics gone. Phew. Anyhow, that's what I did and it has been all good since then.
Msc07 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2015, 23:40   #54
BHPian

Hi All

I would like to discuss an issue with my Ford Fiesta (pre-owned) while I was on a road trip.

2012 Ford Fiesta Classic 1.4D SXI
Odo - 22,000kms done (in all)
Condition - Stock
My driving experience - 3 months.

I had taken my car to Valparai-Malakkupara last week. A weird thing happened on the day 2 morning while taking the car for sightseeing.
When the ignition was switched on by my friend as I was about to hop on to another car (Figo), i guess my friend wanted to turn on the air condition. Couple of seconds, we heard a huge pressurized gas sound emit under the hood and a little past 5 seconds, we saw dust cloud going up from the bottom.
Ignition was switched off, opened the hood to check only to find out there was green liquid splashed and traces on the sponge dampener on the inside hood.

We were in the middle of reserve forest between borders that BSNL signal is the only available and signal is not that all strong too.

Looked around the car to find out the Ford call center number but there was not a single sticker nor the previous owner had handed over the owners manual. We determined that the green liquid is no engine coolant as when we turned on the ignition and observed, there was no drastic increase in the temperature and was no sign of anything unusual. But we wanted to make sure that if there is anything else besides that we need to check as we got long drive to home.

We managed to get the customer call center and asked to connect to technical help desk. The person attended the call was briefed, and he said there is no need to panic as it is nothing to do with engine coolant but at the same time he said not to drive the car.

Now even to toe the car, one has to drive atleast a fair distance to reach the spot. So we called our known people who has good knowledge about the cars and they gave us encouragement to drive but not to touch the Air Condition button.

Next day we went to Avinashi Rajshree Ford, after the technician diagonoised, said that we need to replace the hose and fill gas as the gasket went kaput. To our luck, it was 5 minutes to their lunch time and they said the job would take another 2 hours after they come back from lunch. Since we are already running short of time, confirmed once again if we could drive all the way to Chennai and reach home safely.

Now, I would like to know what might have caused the issue? Pest or some wear and tear?
What would be the approx cost of the gasket hose tube gas refill and coolant put together?
Is there anything else need to be looked at while I give my car to Service?

Moderators - Please feel free to move the post if required.
SriramEfunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2015, 16:10   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msc07 View Post
Hi mrinmoy, is it the sudden shutting down of engine at any random speeds when declutching? Because even i have faced such problems in the past with my 2010 Fiesta zxi. In my case, took it to the service centre and they plugged in their laptop and ran a diagnostic test and said there was bug which they 'deleted'. Post that, the problem didn't resurface for 7-8 months after which on its resurfacing they did the same again and since then it hasn't happened again. It really is a scary situation really I can tell from experience. Suppose you're taking a turn at high speed or something and the motor shuts. All the hydraulics gone. Phew. Anyhow, that's what I did and it has been all good since then.
Thanks a ton for your reply. That's the exact problem my friend has been facing. It's so random that its almost impossible to re-create when being shown to a mechanic!
Anyway, I have conveyed your resolution story to my friend. He is booking an appointment with Wasan Ford (Shifting from AVK) for getting it checked and 'delete' the bug, if any.
mrinmoy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2015, 15:34   #56
BHPian

A similar problem was faced by my brother-in-law in his Figo. This problem is connected to the clutch sensor. Once replaced the problem went away.
speedmunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2015, 15:44   #57
BHPian

Asking this question to all T-BHPians who own a petrol ford. My dad is looking at the newly launched Figo Aspire as a replacement for his 8 yr old absolutely trouble free Swift VXi. We have shortlisted the Titanium (P) variant and had pretty much decided on taking it

Just when everything looked hunky-dory, I got a call from my FIL who is abreast of this purchase. He has strongly advised us to look at anything other than Ford. He was citing high maintenance costs and many issues with Ford cars in general that he heard from his colleagues and friend circle.

I am more concerned about this purchase as its for my dad who is past his retirement age and will want to have a trouble free ownership since he may not purchase another car after this. We opted against the diesel as we do not want the associated maintenance costs of owning a diesel for a long time.

Now all the reviews in Team BHP do portray an overall positive experience. But what I am interested in is the service costs and reliability of Ford wrt Maruti or Hyundai. Along with the swift that my dad drives, I own a 2011 i20(P) and touch-wood, its been trouble free till now. Any BHPian who owns a Ford along with another Jap/Korean in their garage should be able to help me out.

Mods. If this post seems OT, pls move it to any relevant thread discussing ford maintenance costs/long term reliability.
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2015, 23:43   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Asking this question to all T-BHPians who own a petrol ford. My dad is looking at the newly launched Figo Aspire as a replacement for his 8 yr old absolutely trouble free Swift VXi. We have shortlisted the Titanium (P) variant and had pretty much decided on taking it

Just when everything looked hunky-dory, I got a call from my FIL who is abreast of this purchase. He has strongly advised us to look at anything other than Ford. He was citing high maintenance costs and many issues with Ford cars in general that he heard from his colleagues and friend circle.

I am more concerned about this purchase as its for my dad who is past his retirement age and will want to have a trouble free ownership since he may not purchase another car after this. We opted against the diesel as we do not want the associated maintenance costs of owning a diesel for a long time.

Now all the reviews in Team BHP do portray an overall positive experience. But what I am interested in is the service costs and reliability of Ford wrt Maruti or Hyundai. Along with the swift that my dad drives, I own a 2011 i20(P) and touch-wood, its been trouble free till now. Any BHPian who owns a Ford along with another Jap/Korean in their garage should be able to help me out.

Mods. If this post seems OT, pls move it to any relevant thread discussing ford maintenance costs/long term reliability.
I own a Zen 2004 and a Fiesta 2010.

In 5 years of ownership never have I come across this alleged high cost of ownership or maintenance. Rest assured these are all false. At least most of them. Just to put some stats the aspire suspension costs around Rs 800 each. Bumpers cost around Rs 1800. The service cost for the Diesel shouldn't be more than in between the region of Rs 3900 - Rs 4600 for every 10,000 kms.

A lot of people, especially Maruti and hyundai sales representatives give out false figures about ford vehicles to mislead the customers. I have seen this happening in practice. If you're generally good towards your ford it rarely turns out be car with hassles.
Msc07 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 10:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msc07 View Post
I own a Zen 2004 and a Fiesta 2010.

In 5 years of ownership never have I come across this alleged high cost of ownership or maintenance. Rest assured these are all false. At least most of them. Just to put some stats the aspire suspension costs around Rs 800 each. Bumpers cost around Rs 1800. The service cost for the Diesel shouldn't be more than in between the region of Rs 3900 - Rs 4600 for every 10,000 kms.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you let me know from where you got the cost of components like bumpers and suspension? Has Ford released any spare part price list?
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2015, 11:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Now all the reviews in Team BHP do portray an overall positive experience. But what I am interested in is the service costs and reliability of Ford wrt Maruti or Hyundai..
Based on my 4 year experience with Ford, I can say the service costs are at par with Marutis and maybe less then a Hyundai. I have checked with my friends owning an i10 P and a Swift D, the service costs are at par or even lesser. The additional costs with Hyundai is mostly due to the gimmicks of the ASC. All the services I did at Ford ASC, they have never pushed any of the oil additives / decarbonization or any such junk. Just once the SA at Metro Ford Lingarajapuram tried to get my brake discs changed, that too at 30,000 KMs. Apparently he felt that the disc rotors should also be changed along with the brake pads. I asked him not to try his luck with me. I am still running the same rotors at 70,000 KM.

Each service for my diesel Fiesta is in the range of Rs 4500.
glenmz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote