Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 17th April 2010, 23:34   #16
BHPian

Jawanak, excellent and very honest review.
A long post but felt really good reading it in one go. Very honest and genuine review.

Congrats !

You had mentioned about Bridestone tyres - i thought all Linea's come with Goodyear GT3 tyres (did i miss reading that you had changed your tyres ?)
bnzjon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2010, 00:08   #17
BHPian

Hey, great review. A question to you - where did you go for your 3k service ? Was it Fortune Powai ?
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:13   #18
BHPian

yes.. it was fortune cars powai.... now they have shifted to some place further in chandivali.... earlier it was very convenient as it was very near to my office in Hiranandani... now I have to go a bit further for the 15k service next week..

there is new one open in mulund.. galaxy motors... their showroom is very conveniently located on LBS road near Nirmal lifestyle but their service center is quite far away in Vaisahali nagar...

once you have done the service you will get a call for service feedback... where you can say about your experience... the last time I said that i did not get the attention i was expecting but the service was without fault... still i was visited by a sales person to give a written apology and was requested to take the car for a checkup.. it was annoying to see someone land up at my home... i refused politely to give my car for a checkup as i did not felt there was a need...

at fortune car they have 3M service... their interior cleaning costs about 1700 but it is very good... definitely recommended... i did it about 6 months ago and the though seats are a bit dirty but the plastics are still black and shiny... after the first service I plan to have another interior cleaning and a exterior rubbing and waxing to remove the scratches et al...

will put some picture before and after the service...

cheers!
jawanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:38   #19
BHPian

Jawanak, It's nicely written and honest review. Congrats for your ride!

I own a Linea with identical specs and color as yours. Need to get the sunfilms done. Can you share contact info for the Milan Subway shop where you got your sunfilms? How much did the front Llumar cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawanak View Post
Itís been work in progress for some time but I have eventually managed to finish my experience.

From the Milan subway, Mumbai I got a 3M film S20 for sides and back. It cost me only 1200. The film was taken from a 3M sealed role and has 3M watermark on it. It is very light in colour but has noticeable effectiveness in blocking the sun heat without affecting the visibility in day or night. Itís almost a year and there is not a single scratch on the film. For the front I went for Llumar which claims to block 70% of sun heat without affecting visibility. Collectively the sun films were effective and even on the hottest of days the AC work effectively with better cooling.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 14:40   #20
BHPian

ahmmm... i have only been to milan subway once for the sun films... i suggest you just go and inquire around 2-3 shops and you are sure to get yourself a good deal...

post the sunfilm there has been a marked difference in air con cooling... but still, at time I think I should have gone for more darker film... the S20 from 3M is a scratch resistant film... pretty effective and in day it does its job reasonably well... I went for the film because its a 3M and in the given shade (i wanted a least dark film which will not have major visibility problem in night) this film was very comparable to others like garware, vkool, lumar, on heat rejection, reflection, transmission etc.

Its been a year and there has been no scratches, bubbles or decoloring on the front Llumar or sides/back 3M films. I'm pretty happy. Another thing to note is that if you are going to be driving around a lot in day then definitely a more darker and efficient film would be advised. My friend is in marketing so he drives around a lot in his car and thus a darker film for him makes lot of sense to ensure a cooler interiors.

I'm sorry that I do not remember the name of the shop. But it was the second shop around corner, next to a restaurant and opposite to a tire shop. I doubt that would be of any help.

cheers!
jawanak is offline   Reply With Quote