Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th July 2010, 18:35   #16
BHPian

Mayankk, since the car has been repainted you can haggle a bit more, but still its seems to be priced well.

Siddeshb, cars are cheaper in delhi compared to pune. the car concerned must be around a lakh cheaper here. also unlike south fiesta petrol is not really poular in delhi, hence the poor resale.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 11:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post
SXi had leather seats, richer trimmings, 6 CD changer, and more chrome (on gearbox handle, for example). ZXi had cloth seats, little or no chrome and I think a much more basic sound system. ABS was optional even on the SXi at that time.

Mayankk, at 2.6, this is a steal. But for a 4 year old Fiesta SXi thats done so little running, I wonder why you are getting it so cheap! I have a 4 year old with 75K km, and I would expect at least 4 for it. Rationale: tip top condition, can easily do 50-60 more, original price was almost 8, cheaper than an Ikon at 4, and insured value right now is around 3.5.
Hi Siddesh,
Leather seats - Check
Richer trimmings - I suppose(no frame of reference,you see)
Gearknob chrome - Check
6 CD changer - Check
Alloys - Check
ABS - Not sure,will check today

As for the price, the guy said 3, and no budging,but i offered cash down, and he came down to 2.6 after a couple of days.

And now that i have an owner of a fiesta from a similar period, let me try and pick your brains...
How good and cheap/expensive is ford service?
How is the car to maintain, parts wise.I mean are they available OTS, and whteher they are in a higher price bracket compared to a verna/sx4?
Are you on factory rubber?This one is.and they look quite puny on frame.I am looking to broaden the contact patch.

Thanks everybody!!
PS: Todays the day,By the way!!!

mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 11:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Zerocool,
You know how you,occasionally,when you sit in a car, start the engine, and feel a slight upward curling of your lips?
and then you slot it into gear,and take off, and suddenly you're an advert for pepsodent?
Well, it happened when i took this fiesta out for a drive..

Unfortunately for me the owner was also in the car at the time.
And, even more unfortunately he got the smell of a kill.......
I've bargained as much as i could, now i dont have the heart to do it.
Me wants that car!
And like i said,collecting it today!!
Old 8th July 2010, 08:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Smile

@mayankk,

All the best. I hope by the time you read this you would already have the Fiesta in your hands. I hope you have taken care of all documentation for the car transfer. Enjoy the ride and happy mile crunching, drive safely.

In regards to Ford spares availability and maintenance costs, this has drastically come down since these parts are now manufactured in India itself. Also Ford is going all the way out to give a tough competetion to segment leaders with better After sales service. So relax, have a peace of mind and enjoy the beast as all other Fiestians are doing.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 16:10   #20
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur: Yup,Got it!!!
Oh man, nothing beats pure horsepower!!
I had managed some extra from my santro with FFE,filter etc, but pure factory bhp cant be beaten!!
Although the raingods sorta played spoilsport with the traffic crawling on the gurgaon expressway,but still managed to open her up in some stretches.
Sure, I miss the 3rd gear roar from the exhaust from my santro, but the quiteness in the fiesta is uncanny,slightly unnatural, but a nice change.....

PS: First Accessory(in a manner of speaking)-------> "got bhp?"
Old 9th August 2010, 18:15   #21
BHPian

Sorry for the delay in responding man, wonder how I missed this one. Quick responses below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hi Siddesh,

And now that i have an owner of a fiesta from a similar period, let me try and pick your brains...
How good and cheap/expensive is ford service?

It's OK, not great, but not bad. Used to be expensive, especially after 3/4 years on the road - so extended warranty is a must. Recently, Ford has started allowing partial replacements of components, and not entire assemblies, so it's bound to get cheaper than before.

How is the car to maintain, parts wise.I mean are they available OTS, and whteher they are in a higher price bracket compared to a verna/sx4?

Usually OTS, I take my car for servicing once in 6 months or so, and haven't had any major concerns after 75000 km and 4 years

Are you on factory rubber?This one is.and they look quite puny on frame.I am looking to broaden the contact patch.

I changed to slightly lower and fatter profiles, Bridgestones work best for me

siddheshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 18:17   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, Zerocool,
You know how you,occasionally,when you sit in a car, start the engine, and feel a slight upward curling of your lips?
and then you slot it into gear,and take off, and suddenly you're an advert for pepsodent?
Well, it happened when i took this fiesta out for a drive..

Unfortunately for me the owner was also in the car at the time.
And, even more unfortunately he got the smell of a kill.......
I've bargained as much as i could, now i dont have the heart to do it.
Me wants that car!
And like i said,collecting it today!!
LOL, I completely identify man. I have done this on all my Ford test drives, literally scare the hell out of the sales guy (and once it was a girl ) but then that's what I love about Fords and I am not going to let go of any chance to do it every time I can. The Endy test drive was simply surreal
Old 16th August 2010, 23:53   #23
BHPian

This may be off topic based on the title of this thread. But I could not find another active thread on Fiesta to post my question. I have a Fiesta 1.6S and today I completed a 2000+ KM drive (from Bangalore to Pune/Nilshi and back to Bangalore). I set my trip meter to 0 at the beginning and let it run all the way. This morning I noticed that Tripmeter goes back to 0 at 2000Km. Has anyone else observed it?
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 07:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssriram75 View Post
This may be off topic based on the title of this thread. But I could not find another active thread on Fiesta to post my question. I have a Fiesta 1.6S and today I completed a 2000+ KM drive (from Bangalore to Pune/Nilshi and back to Bangalore). I set my trip meter to 0 at the beginning and let it run all the way. This morning I noticed that Tripmeter goes back to 0 at 2000Km. Has anyone else observed it?
yup.
It resets at 2k.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Any particular logic for the trip meter resetting at 2K? What happens at 2K for the trip meter to reset?

@Sriram,

There are many Fiesta 1.6S threads active on the forum started by Gilead, Capt_Rocker etc. Do visit the posts to post your query.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 09:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

no clue.
american black humor,perhaps?
anyway this is experienecd information,didnt ask fordfor it.
including mine,this is the 5th fiesta i know which does this.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

Does this mean that the trip metre comes back to '0' once it reaches 2000kms??
I never experienced or checked because every new trip, I myself set the trip metre to '0',. Also not remembering reading something like this that a trip metre has got a maximum number setting upto 2000 ??
Are your sure no one pressed the hand button near the trip metre (which is used to set the trip metre)?
nairrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 11:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

uh oh!!
i just took this to another idisycracy of the fiesta.
could this be a problem?
anyway, have to stop at harpreet today, so i'll ask them.
Old 22nd August 2010, 17:49   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Any particular logic for the trip meter resetting at 2K? What happens at 2K for the trip meter to reset?

@Sriram,

There are many Fiesta 1.6S threads active on the forum started by Gilead, Capt_Rocker etc. Do visit the posts to post your query.
I did search the forum for this prior to posting. Found this to be the most recently active thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Does this mean that the trip metre comes back to '0' once it reaches 2000kms??
I never experienced or checked because every new trip, I myself set the trip metre to '0',. Also not remembering reading something like this that a trip metre has got a maximum number setting upto 2000 ??
Are your sure no one pressed the hand button near the trip metre (which is used to set the trip metre)?
I am sure no one reset the trip meter. I was doing a solo drive and I am sure I did not reset because I wanted to calculate total journey distance. Also I had kept an eye to see when I cross 2K and then suddenly I say 2 Kms on the trip meter.

I think @mayankk is correct.
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 17:57   #30
BHPian

Reminds me of the time my Ikon Odo turned from 99999 to 00000

What a feeling!