Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 20th May 2010, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

@AkMar, I am not totally comfortable with having sunfilm too , but my car is exposed to the blazing sun all day long as my office parking is just an open ground. It also gets a lot dirtier at the end of the day.

Which brings me to the AC. Left to its own devices after the car is heated up for a day, it really works hard to get the temp down. I usually set it to about 18 degrees and in the afternoon takes about 5-7 minutes for the rear passengers to feel better.

Yesterday I drove for the first time with a full load of passengers and felt no difference in the pickup after the AC was blowing at full speed (18 degrees). This included a couple of start and stop situations up steep inclines.
However I managed to scrape the ground in one situation (really really tall and quite narrow in width speed hump).

It is now 170kms on the Odo, expecting it to reach about 190 by the time I reach home tonight.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 14:40   #32
BHPian

congrats! the k-series is an awesome engine in terms of drivablity and refinement! though the engine is a down grade in terms of the capacity from the previous version, the refinement levels are really nice!

looking forward to the ownership report
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

So Sajo your experience says that there is no real noticable drop in power with AC on ?? Great.

So which part of India are you from dude?? Your town seems to have some serious speed bumps that can scrape a Swift's chassi!!
Vik0728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 18:49   #34
BHPian

Congrats Sajo, the K Series is real good ! I was so impressed with it when I test drove Ritz when it was launched. I was very close to buying one, but not too happy about the rear seat space. Then I changed my mind to Diesel and bought a Figo TDCi in Apr, no regrets with that ! But even now, if I go for a petrol hatch, I would prefer one with K Series engine. So refined and excellent response ! Enjoy your car, drive safe and do keep updating us on the experience !
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 11:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
So which part of India are you from dude?? Your town seems to have some serious speed bumps that can scrape a Swift's chassi!!
This one was an ad-hoc half length speed hump set up by a private complex for security reasons.Designed to have people going over it at much slower speeds than I was going at.

During normal though, on normal non-monsoon ravaged roads, there are no issues (touch-wood).

Does MSIL peddle an external adapter for USB drives ? I read on the WagonR review thread that they do, but the dealer here didnt stock it.
Any idea what it is and how much they charge for it ?
Old 21st May 2010, 14:50   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Which brings me to the AC.
Here is my impression of the manual AC (on a car without sunflims):
Even in these days of intense heat, in the evening and morning blower position 1 is more than enough with temp knob at coolest position or speed #2 with temp knob a couple of notches away from coolest.

At the peak of afternoons though it is a different story. If there are passengers in back seat, blower position #3 is absolutely necessary. If the rear seat is unoccupied, #2 is good enough for front passengers. Temp knob has to be at coolest in the afternoon.

BTW, the car has done 450 km on the third tankful and the fuel needle is at 1/4th.
AkMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:49   #37

Waiting for more pics...!
sandeepdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 15:15   #38
BHPian

Now hold your breath. Presenting the latest FE figure of our car: 16.4 kpl, city driving with more than 70% AC. I was totally clean bowled by this figure. With the first tankful we got 16.2 kpl and that included a single journey on Mumbai-Pune expressway. And now 16.4 in city! Even if we consider a margin of error of 1 litre for quantity of fuel consumed (there is no room for error in the distance covered), the FE comes out to be 15.9 kpl.
Old 24th May 2010, 15:42   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Now hold your breath. Presenting the latest FE figure of our car: 16.4 kpl, city driving with more than 70% AC. I was totally clean bowled by this figure. With the first tankful we got 16.2 kpl and that included a single journey on Mumbai-Pune expressway. And now 16.4 in city! Even if we consider a margin of error of 1 litre for quantity of fuel consumed (there is no room for error in the distance covered), the FE comes out to be 15.9 kpl.
Awesome friend. Thats very encouraging. But I am surprised not to see a complete review on Swift with K-series engine. Is there any which I missed?
BhaskarKumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 17:26   #40
Senior - BHPian

Its been 220 kms since my first tankful, and the needle is just at the 3/4th Mark.
Even if we assume 12-14 out of 43 litres being used up, it translates into an FE of 15.7 with 100% AC and around 30% of bumper to bumper crawl.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarKumar View Post
But I am surprised not to see a complete review on Swift with K-series engine. Is there any which I missed?
No, you did not miss the review. I haven't written a review at all. The car is used by dad. I hardly use the car. Hence it makes little sense for me to start an ownership thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Even if we assume 12-14 out of 43 litres being used up, it translates into an FE of 15.7 with 100% AC and around 30% of bumper to bumper crawl.
Great going!
Old 24th May 2010, 21:18   #42
BHPian

COngrats on the Car. Did you get seat covers with the ZXI model or do you have to buy them?
Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2010, 21:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations fellow bhpian on the car !! The first thing you should do is scrap (or rather trade in your JK Vectras) I had them on my ZXi & cannot even begin to tell you of the horrific handing. Unless you wanna be driving like a "good boy"

Don't take chances with tyres - EVER. They are the only contact of the car with the road - an oft repeated phrase - but a wise one nonetheless !!

That is my two bits of advice.

All the best for your new car ! Have a great & safe driving experience !

Cheers
Ricky_63 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

After 506kms since its first tankful , I decided it was time to fill her up again. The amount of fuel that went in was 37.3 L , translating into an approximate fuel efficiency of 13.5 kmpl.
I am a bit disappointed since I drive very carefully (dont exceed 2500rpm) and even though the AC is on 100% of the time I do some amount of highway driving (NH4 - Chandani chowk to Wakad), though its during peak hours (9 am in the morning and back at 9 in the night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepdas View Post
Waiting for more pics...!
I will click some ASAP (working weekends you see :( ) , and update this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
Did you get seat covers with the ZXI model or do you have to buy them?
Nope, I havent bought seat covers yet. On the stock upholstery that Maruti provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations fellow bhpian on the car !! The first thing you should do is scrap (or rather trade in your JK Vectras) I had them on my ZXi & cannot even begin to tell you of the horrific handing. Unless you wanna be driving like a "good boy"
Hey thanks Ricky. Yes, a tyre upgrade is certainly planned in the near future.
Old 10th June 2010, 14:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

sorry to wake you up

can we please have more details from your end? now since its been a long time you got the zxi.

can you please share interior pics.

thanks.
h@r$h@l is offline   Reply With Quote