Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 13th May 2011, 13:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review

I think you should stick to TASS for servicing alone and get interiors and exterior work done at a qualified detailing center. There is no use getting things like this done here.

Rest of the stuff seems ok like the slave cylinder and all.
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 13:41   #122
Senior - BHPian

As always, thanks for your comments guys and apologies for the late response. Been crazy busy at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Punto was one of the top contenders
I agree with you 100%. You MUST scout for other options too. If I were you, it would be the Figo (diesel) for me. Punto a great product but "Delta Wing" has summed it up very well below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post

I was very serious on the Linea but this thread makes me nervous. What use is a beautiful wife whose family would treat you like dirt every time you meet them, hai na? Who wants a headache and pay for it too? Fiat customer care keeps calling if anyone turned for a requested TD every fortnight or so, I say no, they apologise and say they'll ask someone at Pandit auto to come over, I sigh, nobody ever comes. If this is how enthusiastically they sell it, I wonder how much enthusiastically they'd maintain it after the sale. Meanwhile, am off searching for other cars.
Loved your post my friend. You have summed it up BRILLIANTLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@Urban_Nomad

My only suggestion will be to avoid Rama in future, at any cost.
Thanks for your suggestions Deep. I was not really aware of Vivek Auto and yes, Rama motors shall be given a miss from here on fwd.
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 14:55   #123
BHPian

Horrible experience, Urban_Nomad. I wish you'd asked us delhi wallas before heading to RAMA. They're pathetic and that GM...Well,you've had your experience.
The team earlier wasn't so bad but now(sometime back,RAMA had a complete change of staff) it's horrendous. They know nothing about the cars they work with and half the equipment they have doesn't function. You can read about my service experience if you like.
Hope your car remains fine, and mine does too.
I've heard good things about Elegant and decent things about Vivek. Will probably pay the former a visit soon.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 15:36   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
As always, thanks for your comments guys and apologies for the late response. Been crazy busy at work.

Thanks for your suggestions Deep. I was not really aware of Vivek Auto and yes, Rama motors shall be given a miss from here on fwd.
Well with your earlier post about the overall service experience, I guess Rama have improved a bit, except the scar on the back door & of course the interiors. Yet to accept the logic of brake oil replacement with CSC replacement.

Somehow, I have also faced the problem (interiors not fully clean) despite telling them to do so & paying for the same at the Hyundai dealership. Now, I have stopped asking them for the same & try to take time to clean interiors myself.

Hope you have problem free experience from now on .
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 16:57   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Horrible experience, Urban_Nomad. I wish you'd asked us delhi wallas before heading to RAMA.
Hey Sukrit. I am a Delhi waala brother (born n brought up). My stint with Fiat though began in Pune. Was not very sure of how things are here. Could not have taken the car to Elegant as it would have been toooooooo far from where I stay. It would have been a nightmare driving there sans a working clutch.

In retrospect though, looking at the comments by other members on the forum, probably Vivek Auto would have been a better bet. Well, lesson learnt.

Quote:
I've heard good things about Elegant and decent things about Vivek. Will probably pay the former a visit soon.
Same here. I ve zeroed in on Elegant for my next service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I guess Rama have improved a bit, except the scar on the back door & of course the interiors. Yet to accept the logic of brake oil replacement with CSC replacement.

Hope you have problem free experience from now on .
This is improvement? Please tell me you are kidding. If you are serious, then I guess the showdown I had with the GM may have had something to do with it. I bet he did not wish for me to enter his cabin ever again.

The brake oil thing I am still not sure of, but having done some random search on google I think its standard procedure.

Good to know your car is doing well. Many thanks for your good wishes (& wish you the same).
Old 13th May 2011, 19:44   #126
BHPian

Talk about bad luck. Just after I posted previously, I got a call from my father telling me the car was making awful noises. I immediately thought of the CSC. Fortunately and hopefully, it doesn't seem like a big problem. Seems like the brake pads are almost out.
Anyway, Elegant tomorrow then.
Old 14th May 2011, 23:23   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP

Yet to accept the logic of brake oil replacement with CSC replacement.
The brake fluid is used for the hydraulic clutch also that's why they change the brake fluid when ever they do some work on the clutch.
nkg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 09:25   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like the brake pads are almost out.
Anyway, Elegant tomorrow then.
Sad to hear about the issue. Hope all is good now. Btw, how was the service experience at Elegant? Anything worth sharing here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
The brake fluid is used for the hydraulic clutch also that's why they change the brake fluid when ever they do some work on the clutch.
Thanks for confirming.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:42   #129
Senior - BHPian

FE update:

11.57 kmpl - Tank full to tank full
12.00 kmpl - As per MID

AC on 95% of the time. I guess driving in 1st gear for roughly 35 odd kms took its toll on the FE. Oh well, lets see how it goes on the next tank fill.
Urban_Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 14:47   #130
BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review

Quote:
Horrible experience, Urban_Nomad. I wish you'd asked us delhi wallas before heading to RAMA. They're pathetic and that GM...Well,you've had your experience.
The team earlier wasn't so bad but now(sometime back,RAMA had a complete change of staff) it's horrendous. They know nothing about the cars they work with and half the equipment they have doesn't function. You can read about my service experience if you like.
Hope your car remains fine, and mine does too.
I second that, I was advised to goto Oberoi Cars,Noida by the FIAT Customer care and trust me being a new dealership they are doing a commendable job. Got my Link Rods and Shocker mounts changed FOC even after the warranty had expired as Mr.Rajgopal who takes care of FIAT cars said that it should have been done long back and that it was company's or dealership's duty to do so. About a week back my AC ws not cooling upto mark. Went to OBEROI again and they replaced the Gas FOC again saying that during the retrofit one of the pipes was left loose and hence the leakage(though i had got the Retrofit done from VIVEK). So highly recommended, You can give my (RAJAN ADLAKHA) reference to Mr. Rajgopal, and both the times car came out gleaming after the complimentary top wash
ntranced is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 15:16   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntranced View Post
I second that, I was advised to goto Oberoi Cars,Noida by the FIAT Customer care and trust me being a new dealership they are doing a commendable job. Got my Link Rods and Shocker mounts changed FOC even after the warranty had expired as Mr.Rajgopal who takes care of FIAT cars said that it should have been done long back and that it was company's or dealership's duty to do so. About a week back my AC ws not cooling upto mark. Went to OBEROI again and they replaced the Gas FOC again saying that during the retrofit one of the pipes was left loose and hence the leakage(though i had got the Retrofit done from VIVEK). So highly recommended, You can give my (RAJAN ADLAKHA) reference to Mr. Rajgopal, and both the times car came out gleaming after the complimentary top wash
It's good to know that we have another good FIAT dealership in NCR. Unfortunately, Noida is rather far for me.

@Urban_Nomad- Had sent my driver for a brake pad change to Elegant. Work was done quickly,efficiently and well,he told me. I was on the phone with Mr.Sharma who works at Elegant. Very nice person and a pleasure to interact with.
I'll be needing to go there again after my exams for a windshield change. I will provide a more comprehensive update then
Old 26th May 2011, 14:55   #132
Senior - BHPian

FE update:

11.35 kmpl - Tank full to tank full
12.00 kmpl - As per MID

AC on 100% of the time. This is 90% city driving and 10% highwayish.

The FE seems to be spiralling downwards. What is happening?
Old 7th June 2011, 15:17   #133
Senior - BHPian

Unhappy Re: Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review

FE update:

10.95 kmpl - Tank full to tank full
12.5 kmpl - As per MID

This time around, it was a brand new bunk that I filled up from. Maybe this is why there is a drop (chor pump??)?

Mods - I had used the contact form quite some time back requesting the thread title to be changed from "Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review" to "Linea 1.4 (E+) - ownership review". Kindly do the needful. If I did not follow procedure, advise me of the same please.
Old 28th June 2011, 19:12   #134
Senior - BHPian

FE update:

10.96 kmpl - Tank full to tank full
12.3 kmpl - As per MID

Filled up at the same bunk as the last time.

Mods - Yet again, request you to change the thread title from "Linea 1.4 (E+) - 1 year ownership review" to "Linea 1.4 (E+) - ownership review".
Old 11th July 2011, 15:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

FE update:

10.43 kmpl - Tank full to tank full
As per MID - forgot to check before trip reset

AC on 100% of the time. This is 90% city driving and 10% highwayish with a LOT of idling thrown in between.

Note - Filled up at a different bunk.

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 11th July 2011 at 15:45.