Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 14:58   #136
//M
Distinguished - BHPian
 
//M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,186
Thanked: 8,561 Times
Default

Is it true that the rear glass of the Polo does not close fully, like in a Figo?
//M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 15:09   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is it true that the rear glass of the Polo does not close fully, like in a Figo?
Yes. Rear glass does not close fully. AFAIK, this is for child safety and is present in most cars, now a days.
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 15:52   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 361
Thanked: 26 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Is it true that the rear glass of the Polo does not close fully, like in a Figo?
I am sure you meant roll-down fully, right?

Yes, it does not roll down completely - there is a pic of the same in GTO's review.
MuraliR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 16:13   #139
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Hey chethan, I got call from dealer that I can take white trendline diesel if I want on monday but my booking is for POLO Comfortline Black. Moreover he said the black color won't be available till end of next month. What do you say on it?

P.S.: I have to extend my budget as well as compromise on Car color and My daily usage is not much. It being my first car would it be problematic for me for driving car with turbo lag in traffic.
Subaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 16:30   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Subaro, Why don't you do a test drive and decide? For some reason VW is giving priority to Diesel Polo right now.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 16:54   #141
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Hey chethan, I got call from dealer that I can take white trendline diesel if I want on monday but my booking is for POLO Comfortline Black. Moreover he said the black color won't be available till end of next month. What do you say on it?

P.S.: I have to extend my budget as well as compromise on Car color and My daily usage is not much. It being my first car would it be problematic for me for driving car with turbo lag in traffic.
White will be very easy to maintain - mainly for things like paint touch up. I personally like white. But comfortline will be better IMO, because of the following things, if it is important to you:
40:60 fold-able rear seat, Power rear windows, Height adjustable Driver seat, Music system - wiring ready (Important), Parcel tray and a few more cosmetic differences.

If on a tight Budget, opt for Trendline - Basic car will still be the same. Technically, you will not loose much. Don't worry about Turbo-lag at all. I have always been driving a Petrol car, and I could get used to driving Polo in just a couple of days. I am really enjoying it!!

Try to take a TD if possible. You will have first hand information.

All the best to you - I am sure that I will see a new thread in a weeks time!!!!

Poloman @ This Diesel engine designed for Polo-bluemotion is not yet launched in any other parts of the world. Remember, this was launched first in India. So, everything that is manufactured comes to India!! Not so with the Petrol engine.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 18th June 2010 at 17:09.
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:12   #142
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,572
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Yes. Rear glass does not close fully. AFAIK, this is for child safety and is present in most cars, now a days.
In most cars it does not roll down because it cant. The door curves midway and hence it cannot go down. Nothing related to safety.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 17:17   #143
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
In most cars it does not roll down because it cant. The door curves midway and hence it cannot go down. Nothing related to safety.
You may be right. When I first bought Matiz, 12 years back, I was told that it is done for safety. This got registered in my mind. Did not bother to pursue it after that.
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 21:09   #144
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 951
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Rear windows not going down fully is a "feature" in most hatches only, and not sedans, AFAIK. Nothing to do with safety..more to do with large glass / less space.

For safety, IMO, all power-window cars are equipped with a toggle switch at the driver side to enable/disable power-window button at the rear.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2010, 21:07   #145
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Congratulations Chetan on your car and the wonderful review that you have written and continuing adding value to it with detailed information about the car, it`s performance, pics and more importantly (IMO) being Honest about your feedback on POLO. Keep it up mate!
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 00:34   #146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 66
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Just wondering, does highline have 4 speakers on all the four doors or just 2 on the front doors?

Reason I was prompted to ask you all this is because Polo Configurator on site provides you an option of 2 rear speakers as an extra optional accessory item, and if they are already providing 4 speakers then they wouldn't have been providing this option...

Poloman & CBG, your take on this?
steve82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 00:36   #147
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default

I visited the VW showroom a couple of days back. The SP told me that all four doors have speakers. It sounded like it had. (Although I did not check them out myself) .
Pancham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 02:46   #148
Senior - BHPian
 
Amartya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,699
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
You may be right. When I first bought Matiz, 12 years back, I was told that it is done for safety. This got registered in my mind. Did not bother to pursue it after that.
Just in case you are curious, the same "feature" was there in the Ford Escort, and at that time Ford touted this as a safety feature as well. Really silly, but I guess the marketing guys thought that this was necessary.

OT: I really loved the Matiz, it was a fantastic car.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 10:01   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Chetan on your car and the wonderful review that you have written and continuing adding value to it with detailed information about the car, it`s performance, pics and more importantly (IMO) being Honest about your feedback on POLO. Keep it up mate!
Thanks AvonA7! I am going on along drive today. Will post some more pics and also a couple of more details. Will also get the FE on a tank full to tank full method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve82 View Post
Just wondering, does highline have 4 speakers on all the four doors or just 2 on the front doors?

Reason I was prompted to ask you all this is because Polo Configurator on site provides you an option of 2 rear speakers as an extra optional accessory item, and if they are already providing 4 speakers then they wouldn't have been providing this option...

Poloman & CBG, your take on this?
Steve - Polo Highline has 4 speakers one each on all the 4 doors. Option you saw on the Polo configuration must be a mistake.

Music system - IMHO is a decent one. But I am not a person who excepts a lot from the music system. For me - There should not be any noise when I play any radio station - AM/FM. CD music quality should be good with fairly good bass effect. I always like music to be played only in the background. I definitely miss USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Just in case you are curious, the same "feature" was there in the Ford Escort, and at that time Ford touted this as a safety feature as well. Really silly, but I guess the marketing guys thought that this was necessary.

OT: I really loved the Matiz, it was a fantastic car.
When Matiz and Santro were launched, If I remember right, Santro's rear glasses were going down. May be, Daewoo SPs did not have a choice other then to cook up a story. But, what made me believe them was the fact that the children could not put there hand/head out of the window in Matiz.

Matiz was a great car. But it lacked power and with AC there used to be a reduction in pull. But otherwise, good car.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd June 2010 at 22:22. Reason: Strictly no more than 2 smileys per post please
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 11:49   #150
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Exclamation Expert Opinion Required - Please!!

I have been noticing this from day-1.

On cold start (when parked over night), I always idle the engine for 30 secs approx. After that I start driving. My house is 2 cross inside and so until I reach the main road, I do no require to accelerate. I drive usually with clutch and brake, even in 2nd gear. Once I reach the main road, I get to a signal, so I will have to wait again, for another 30 secs. After this I start driving normally.

Now, the first time turbo starts to assist, I feel the jerk (It feel like it is attempting to come on, but goes off). This usually happens at around 1600 RPM. This remains for about 100 mtrs and then becomes alright. After that it becomes very smooth. I do not accelerate hard for the first 5kms.

While turning off in the evening, I again idle for 30 secs. Again 1/2 kms before reaching my residence, I will be out of turbo assist and it takes 2 mins to cover the distance.

Is this normal? I request experienced Diesel car users to comment on this. Can this be a problem because of the lower flow of engine oil to the turbo bearings? It might take a longer time to lubricate? Should I get this checked?

Other Polo TDI owners - Can you please share your experience?

Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo TDI Highline : Multiple Breakdowns & Replacements. EDIT : Now Sold! shashank.nk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 15th September 2015 16:11
Deep Black Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline- Initial Ownership Review - 200 Km hossdoc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 20th October 2013 15:32
VW Vento Highline TDI in Reflex Silver (Initial report) msd63 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 16th November 2010 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:14.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks