Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 15:06   #541
BHPian
 
mohandas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 266
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re

Mr. Chethan:
I have posted a question for you in this link (Black Polo Highline gleams its way home)? Can you please reply this?
-Mohan
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 00:32   #542
BHPian
 
manubhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 101
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Im gonna be upgrading from a 12 year old Blaupunkt cassette player (used on 2 cars)to a 'CD player', so not too too much to complain !

Appreciate your 'conservative line of thought' Chethan regarding the seat covers, just saw the pics of them on Sadbarina's, you're spot-on; the fit is'nt as snug as it should be. I guess 'replacement' will give a better fit than a cover up job. Couple of years on, of course.

Guess I owe you a couple of beers now for the savings, huh Chethan !
Cheers.
manubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 10:52   #543
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Hi Chethan,

VW Downtown is offering teflon coating for 5K. Do you think I should take it?

Thanks,
nowwhat?
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 11:25   #544
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi Chethan,

VW Downtown is offering teflon coating for 5K. Do you think I should take it?

Thanks,
nowwhat?
Have it done at your residence. You can be sure about the application all round. I think that I paid around 4K (outside - without 2nd free coat) for that miracle touch coat.

If they are offering you an additional free coat after 6 months, you can go in for that. They had offered this to me.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 11:55   #545
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Have it done at your residence. You can be sure about the application all round. I think that I paid around 4K (outside - without 2nd free coat) for that miracle touch coat.

If they are offering you an additional free coat after 6 months, you can go in for that. They had offered this to me.
They were offering 5K, 1 year warranty with 2 extra coats. Did some research on Team-BHP after posting that question to you and found that Waxoyl is good.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html (3M Paint Protection V/s Waxoyl V/s Dupont Teflon V/s Jewel Ultra Diamond Brite)

Only thing is I don't know who does Waxoyl in Bangalore.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 12:18   #546
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Only thing is I don't know who does Waxoyl in Bangalore.
You can check with this no. +91-20-272 908 10 / 11 (Opulent, Pune), they might be able to give you some information, somewhere in Basavangudi.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 4th September 2010 at 12:19.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 13:19   #547
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
You can check with this no. +91-20-272 908 10 / 11 (Opulent, Pune), they might be able to give you some information, somewhere in Basavangudi.
Thanks, AvonA7! Will definitely call them up!

By the way, did you get the Waxoyl treatment done for your Polo as well? If so, how much did it cost? Are you satisfied with the results?

Sorry if you have already posted this on your thread.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 13:58   #548
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default

No no I haven't done any treatment for paint protection yet.
Bit confused whether to go for Waxoyl, Teflon, 3M UV Protection, get one good car wax and apply it or nothing at all and simply keep the car clean regularly with good quality cloth (I bought the Jopasu car duster)
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 15:27   #549
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
No no I haven't done any treatment for paint protection yet.
Bit confused whether to go for Waxoyl, Teflon, 3M UV Protection, get one good car wax and apply it or nothing at all and simply keep the car clean regularly with good quality cloth (I bought the Jopasu car duster)
AvonA7 - I honestly recommend a paint protection treatment for the car. From my past experience, it is worth the money we pay.

However, it is up to you to select which one to go for.

Nowwhat? - 1 year warranty with 2 extra coats for 5K is good, IMHO
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 17:11   #550
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
AvonA7 - I honestly recommend a paint protection treatment for the car. From my past experience, it is worth the money we pay.

However, it is up to you to select which one to go for.

Nowwhat? - 1 year warranty with 2 extra coats for 5K is good, IMHO
@ Chethan, I had opted to have the 5K treatment done by the dealer before taking delivery of my car and will be getting the 2 extra coats done later. The paint finish does look good compared to non Teflon coated cars in my honest opinion
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 23:17   #551
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Thumbs up

I had been to Mysore on Thursday and Friday - Up & Down from Bangalore on both days. On Friday while coming back, we (I and my colleague) got late. We left Mysore at 11.10 PM & Reached Bangalore at 12.50 AM! Cool 1 hr 40 minutes! My best until now in any car.

There was not much of traffic. Half the way, I got the company of a Octavia. I just clipped him & it was fun to drive behind Octavia, all the way until Bangalore.

My car has done about 8200 Kms. I feel that the engine is a lot smoother now. I do not feel the roughness even if it is revved hard in the first and the second gear.

I do not have a problems near hump also. I can keep up the speed with the other vehicles, by using the right gear. May-be, I have learned to get the best out of the car.

Poloman: Another important point I want to mention - I recently (one week back) started wearing glasses for short sight (-0.5 Cylindrical 90 degree on the left eye). The glasses are of anti glare type. Night vision is far better now.

Anti glare glasses (even plain ones) makes a lot of difference during night.

Edit: Uvmallya - Did you get the check light problem rectified, in your car? How is it doing now?

Last edited by Chethan B G : 5th September 2010 at 23:20.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 08:00   #552
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 130
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I had been to Mysore on Thursday and Friday - Up & Down from Bangalore on both days. On Friday while coming back, we (I and my colleague) got late. We left Mysore at 11.10 PM & Reached Bangalore at 12.50 AM! Cool 1 hr 40 minutes! My best until now in any car.

There was not much of traffic. Half the way, I got the company of a Octavia. I just clipped him & it was fun to drive behind Octavia, all the way until Bangalore.

My car has done about 8200 Kms. I feel that the engine is a lot smoother now. I do not feel the roughness even if it is revved hard in the first and the second gear.

I do not have a problems near hump also. I can keep up the speed with the other vehicles, by using the right gear. May-be, I have learned to get the best out of the car.

Poloman: Another important point I want to mention - I recently (one week back) started wearing glasses for short sight (-0.5 Cylindrical 90 degree on the left eye). The glasses are of anti glare type. Night vision is far better now.

Anti glare glasses (even plain ones) makes a lot of difference during night.

Edit: Uvmallya - Did you get the check light problem rectified, in your car? How is it doing now?
Chethan, the check light problem is not yet solved. My car is in Bangalore and the dealer says they are expecting to receive the Turbo charger unit this week. I will update you after it is fitted and checking the performance.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 09:36   #553
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
Chethan, the check light problem is not yet solved. My car is in Bangalore and the dealer says they are expecting to receive the Turbo charger unit this week. I will update you after it is fitted and checking the performance.
This is the problem until about 80% of the parts get manufactured in India. Honestly, I still feel that you should not have left the car with the dealer. You anyway have to come to Bangalore to pick up the car. You could have brought it again once the part arrived.

This pressure sensor fitted at the exhaust inlet of the Turbo charger, has been giving problems. My car also had the problem, but it was rectified without the need to replace, as mentioned earlier on this thread. Problem is that the whole assembly is being replaced, for this sensor.

May-be, VW do not want the local engineers to work on these assemblies - at this point of time. I hope so.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 15:02   #554
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Chetan,Since you have crossed 8K, by any chance did you have a look at the oil level,color and texture?

Last edited by poloman : 6th September 2010 at 15:04.
poloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 15:46   #555
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 357
Thanked: 101 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This pressure sensor fitted at the exhaust inlet of the Turbo charger, has been giving problems. My car also had the problem, but it was rectified without the need to replace, as mentioned earlier on this thread. Problem is that the whole assembly is being replaced, for this sensor.
@Chethan,
Could you throw some more light on this problem? How did you come to know of it? Did the car drive differently?
Thanks
NevGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo TDI Highline : Multiple Breakdowns & Replacements. EDIT : Now Sold! shashank.nk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 15th September 2015 16:11
Deep Black Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline- Initial Ownership Review - 200 Km hossdoc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 20th October 2013 15:32
VW Vento Highline TDI in Reflex Silver (Initial report) msd63 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 16th November 2010 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks