Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 6th September 2010, 16:36   #556
BHPian

Just touched my gleaming red highline petrol polo. Felt nice.
But wont be able to drive it till Thursday, registration pending.
A red trendline parked in our office basement had its logo missing. So checked with Vidyut Motors,Pune. They say that every alternate day, polo owners are walking in to purchase the same. Costs 1600. The SP also showed me how to remove the same. Just insert a screw driver on the top right corner of the logo to loosen it and turn the logo anti clockwise to release the lock.

Take care Avon07.
Infantarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 17:46   #557
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan,Since you have crossed 8K, by any chance did you have a look at the oil level,color and texture?
Poloman - I checked the oil for level, color & viscosity after 5000Kms, during the service. After that, I have not checked. I am thinking of getting the first oil change service done after 12,000 Kms. What do you say?

In a diesel engine, oil will turn black after running just 500 Kms. Only viscosity and level will give us an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
@Chethan,
Could you throw some more light on this problem? How did you come to know of it? Did the car drive differently?
Thanks
Turbine - in the Turbo charger is driven by the exhaust gas, which is re-circulated. A part of the exhaust gas will be fed to the turbo charger to drive the turbine. This path has a pressure sensor, to provide feed back to the ECU. This sensor is mounted on the turbo charger assembly.

This sensor in some cases, is malfunctioning.

1. Sensor does not come on - In this case engine check light will come on. When this happens, ECU will not turn on the Turbo charger there by, engine will run as a naturally aspirated diesel engine - low power. This is as in uvmallya's case.

2. In my case, sensor was not the problem. Engine check light was also not coming on. The tubing connecting the exhaust to the turbo charger, had to be tightened for a better seal. I have explained this problem before, on this thread. After that, there is no problem.

Right now, if this sensor needs to be replaced, VW is replacing the entire Turbo charger assembly. This has it's pros and cons.

On the positive side, the whole assembly replacement will solve the problem, once and for all. On the negative side, owner has to wait for the part to arrive - Right now, it is being imported.

This is not a major issue right now, since the car will be usable & not down.

Edit: Infantarian, Congratulations!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 6th September 2010 at 17:53.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 08:09   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This is the problem until about 80% of the parts get manufactured in India. Honestly, I still feel that you should not have left the car with the dealer. You anyway have to come to Bangalore to pick up the car. You could have brought it again once the part arrived.

This pressure sensor fitted at the exhaust inlet of the Turbo charger, has been giving problems. My car also had the problem, but it was rectified without the need to replace, as mentioned earlier on this thread. Problem is that the whole assembly is being replaced, for this sensor.

May-be, VW do not want the local engineers to work on these assemblies - at this point of time. I hope so.
You are absolutely right. The part which has to be replaced has to come from Germany, as it is not manufactured in India. It is almost three weeks now since the part has been ordered & the dealer has told me that it is expected during this week. They will take two days to replace the part.
My car is not with the dealer but with my daughter. Only after the part is received will it be moved to the dealers workshop. Yes, I will have to make one more trip to Bangalore to bring back the car after the problem is set right by the dealer.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 11:54   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantarian View Post
Just touched my gleaming red highline petrol polo. Felt nice.
But wont be able to drive it till Thursday, registration pending.
A red trendline parked in our office basement had its logo missing. So checked with Vidyut Motors,Pune. They say that every alternate day, polo owners are walking in to purchase the same. Costs 1600. The SP also showed me how to remove the same. Just insert a screw driver on the top right corner of the logo to loosen it and turn the logo anti clockwise to release the lock.

Take care Avon07.
Congratulations Infantarian, do post some pics with your initial impression of your car once you receive delivery.
What you said about the logo is a concern to all Polo onwers and especially in Pune , same to you!

Last edited by AvonA7 : 7th September 2010 at 11:56.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 09:12   #560
BHPian

Polo-owners in hyderabad,

What accessories or freebies did u get from Orion Motors here in hyderabad when you took your vehicle ?
I just wanted to get this information before hand so that i can speak to the SP when my car is getting alloted.
alexkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 10:27   #561
BHPian

Rather, than spending on those dart boards VW should have used that money to add a few things such as vanity mirror on passenger sun visor, ticket pocket in driver sun visor, etc.
CANPUSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 11:31   #562
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Rather, than spending on those dart boards VW should have used that money to add a few things such as vanity mirror on passenger sun visor, ticket pocket in driver sun visor, etc.
I totally agree with you. The money spent on the gift item (useless) and the blue dart courier, will be Rs.500/- easily.

If the sunvisor was changed instead, we would have been very happy.
Old 9th September 2010, 20:09   #563
BHPian

Finally got my Polo delivered today. The wait was worth it as the Octroi charges went down by 4000 bucks in the last month. Also the rates VW charged me for the accessories are much lesser than the quote.

Teflon Coating cost me 3567 though the initial quote was for 4200

Reverse Parking Sensors: Sensors: 2906; Sensor Fitting: 480; Sensor Painting: 454. Total=3840; The initial quote was for 4200.
Infantarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 20:18   #564
BHPian

Congrats Infantarian. Happy mile crunching!

Looking forward to a detailed ownership review.
shadowfax176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 20:43   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I totally agree with you. The money spent on the gift item (useless) and the blue dart courier, will be Rs.500/- easily.

If the sunvisor was changed instead, we would have been very happy.
Now that more than a few days have passed, I too agree with you.

But honestly you wouldn't believe how cheap some of these marketing gizmos are. I don't think they cost even 100 bucks.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 23:41   #566
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Congratulations Infantarian!

Eagerly waiting for your detailed ownership thread!
Old 10th September 2010, 11:36   #567
BHPian

Hey Chethan, hows going with Polo. Just wanted to check up with you did you get your Insurance papers from Bajaj Allianz.

Will the Teflon coating voids 6 yrs paint warranty?
Subaro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 14:27   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Infantarian, do post some pics with your initial impression of your car once you receive delivery.
What you said about the logo is a concern to all Polo onwers and especially in Pune , same to you!
The stolen logo in question is from the front /rear of the car ? I thought the logo at the rear cannot be removed.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2010, 16:24   #569
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaro123 View Post
Hey Chethan, hows going with Polo. Just wanted to check up with you did you get your Insurance papers from Bajaj Allianz.

Will the Teflon coating voids 6 yrs paint warranty?
Yes. I got the insurance papers quite some time back. Bajaj Allianz? I do not remember.

Teflon coating should not void paint warranty. coating aids paint protection. Any particular reason for asking this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
The stolen logo in question is from the front /rear of the car ? I thought the logo at the rear cannot be removed.
Both! Any guy who wants to steal, will first try the remove it. If it is not possible, he will some how pull it out causing damage to the car around the Logo.
Old 12th September 2010, 22:38   #570
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb Car data based on VIN - Courtesy Wildon!

An interesting piece of information - Courtesy Wildon!

Date of production: 27/05/2010
Date of delivery: 04/06/2010

One week flat!!

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-page1.jpg <br /> <a href=New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-page2.jpg <br /> <a href=New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-page3.jpg <br /> <a href=New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-page4.jpg <br /> <a href=New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-page5.jpg   <div style=