Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 12th September 2010, 23:39   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
An interesting piece of information - Courtesy Wildon!

Date of production: 27/05/2010
Date of delivery: 04/06/2010

One week flat!!
Good to know you got the comprehensive report too. Wildon is amazing!

By the way Chethan today when my wife was reversing I saw that only one reverse light was on (the one on the left hand side). i don't recollect seeing this earlier. I wonder if you have had a similar experience.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 12th September 2010 at 23:40. Reason: Forgot the question.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 00:07   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
By the way Chethan today when my wife was reversing I saw that only one reverse light was on (the one on the left hand side). i don't recollect seeing this earlier. I wonder if you have had a similar experience.
Yeah right. That's common with most European cars. On one side there's the reversing light while on the other there's the rear fog lamp.
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 08:01   #573
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Yeah right. That's common with most European cars. On one side there's the reversing light while on the other there's the rear fog lamp.
Right. Even Indian cars like Indica also comes the same way i think. Both sides will glow, when you put on the Fog light.
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2010, 11:37   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Right. Even Indian cars like Indica also comes the same way i think. Both sides will glow, when you put on the Fog light.
Whew! For a moment there, I thought something was wrong. Thanks, theragingbull and Chethan!

OK. Another question. I noticed these small hair like scratches of about 2 inch length on the rear door of the Polo where it is recessed. My theory is that since my wife keeps her bag in the rear, the bag may have brushed in that area a few times. I will try and post some pics.

So my question is how can I hide those easily as a Do-It-Yourself without making it worse ?

I still haven't gone for the paint protection. I am totally confused and part of my confusion has to do with the fact that I have paid for polishing on my other cars a few times but I didn't find any thing different. I would prefer this time if someone can do it at my residence if its not a reputed shop.

So please I look forward to all of you to give me a one-word answer on what paint protection and a telephone number & address preferably.

3 things I still need to do are: Reverse Parking Sensors (have to check with VW Downtown if it has come), Paint Protection and Seat Covers. Look forward to your comments on seat covers, I am leaning towards the art leather beige Polo ones.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:00   #575
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
I noticed these small hair like scratches of about 2 inch length on the rear door of the Polo where it is recessed. My theory is that since my wife keeps her bag in the rear, the bag may have brushed in that area a few times. I will try and post some pics.

So my question is how can I hide those easily as a Do-It-Yourself without making it worse ?

I still haven't gone for the paint protection. I am totally confused and part of my confusion has to do with the fact that I have paid for polishing on my other cars a few times but I didn't find any thing different. I would prefer this time if someone can do it at my residence if its not a reputed shop.

So please I look forward to all of you to give me a one-word answer on what paint protection and a telephone number & address preferably.

3 things I still need to do are: Reverse Parking Sensors (have to check with VW Downtown if it has come), Paint Protection and Seat Covers. Look forward to your comments on seat covers, I am leaning towards the art leather beige Polo ones.
Those minor scratches will disappear after rubbing/polishing. Each time you get this done, you loose a few microns of paint thickness. So, it is better to get the paint protection done at the earliest - Protection coating will take all these minor scratches and paint will be protected.

You can talk to kishore at VW-Downtown and ask him to send these guys to your residence. He will oblige.

You already know about my opinion on seat covers.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 13th September 2010 at 14:05.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:26   #576
BHPian

Exclamation

Quote:
Those minor scratches will disappear after rubbing/polishing. Each time you get this done, you loose a few microns of paint thickness. So, it is better to get the paint protection done at the earliest - Protection coating will take all these minor scratches and paint will be protected.

You can talk to kishore at VW-Downtown and ask him to send these guys to your residence. He will oblige.

.You already know about my opinion on seat covers.
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Sreehari/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Yes , i agree with chetan's comment. After waxing or polishing the scratches will appear again after some weeks .It is our experience from 3M car detailing done from Indus Motors in calicut done on our ritz
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 22:50   #577
Senior - BHPian

Hi Chetan,
Have a couple of doubts...
1. When you switch on the rear fog lamp, should the indicator of the same on the light switch turn yellow? (see pic attached) The manual says that but I didn't find it glowing yellow there. It stays red.

New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-dsc05620.jpg

2. Is the headlight leveling of any use? I didn't find much difference while switching from 1-3. What should be the ideal position?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2010, 23:53   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Chetan,
Have a couple of doubts...
1. When you switch on the rear fog lamp, should the indicator of the same on the light switch turn yellow? (see pic attached) The manual says that but I didn't find it glowing yellow there. It stays red.
For rear fog lamp, there is an indicator in the MID (or the tacho background can't remember exact location) which lights up indicating that the rear fog lamp is on.

Quote:
2. Is the headlight leveling of any use? I didn't find much difference while switching from 1-3. What should be the ideal position?
You can check if the levelling device is working or not by pointing your head lights on a particular object 30/40 meters away in front (a brick wall) on a static car. Move the switch from position 1 to 2, you will notice the light going down after a second or two. Again move it to the next position and you should see the light go down further. Bring it back from 3 to 1 in a single go and you will notice the hight increase.
At position 1 light thrown is highest and is good to go for car with 1 or 2 passengers. If you have 4/5 passengers then position 2 and if you have the boot full along with 4/5 passengers then 3.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 08:41   #579
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
When you switch on the rear fog lamp, should the indicator of the same on the light switch turn yellow? (see pic attached) The manual says that but I didn't find it glowing yellow there. It stays red.
Sadnabrina is right. The light you mentioned (last one) on the switch, does not light up.
Old 15th September 2010, 17:34   #580
Senior - BHPian

Lightbulb Pollen & Dust filter

Pollen & Dust filters:

As we know, Polo comes with dust & pollen filter (2V1 - Dust and pollen filter). Since this is provided, we need not always use AC in the internal recirculation mode. We can enjoy fresh air every now and then to reduce fatigue.

I heard the sales executive instructing a customer to let in fresh air, for atleast 10 mins in every 2 hrs.

I wish it had a smoke filter also!!
Old 15th September 2010, 23:53   #581
BHPian

Chethan, I am getting Waxoyl paint protection done tomorrow. Preferred to get it done at my home as I am a bit skeptical of all these treatments.

Apparently it comes with a 1 year guarantee and they say it may last for up to 3 years. I feel a little assured because Waxoyl is a Swiss company and it is the same product they use all over the world. It costs Rs 2,850 for the Polo. Will keep you posted.
Old 18th September 2010, 22:43   #582
BHPian

Default Waxoyl Paint Protection

My report on Waxoyl paint protection is here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2072413-post118.html

Chethan, It was nice meeting you!
Old 19th September 2010, 00:26   #583
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:

Nice repot! Thanks for the details. It was nice to meet you too!
Old 20th September 2010, 08:29   #584

Quote:

Great Job done! If I am not mistaken VWs come with 3 year paint protection warranty and 5 years anti perforation warranty.

Personally I have not seen any difference in cars in which paint protection procedures like waxoyl are done and cars in which the procedures have not been carried out.

I think the correct time to get it done is after the car is 3 year old and it has started looking dull. I had a Fiat Palio and kept it for 6 years and never got anything done except a monthly coat of wax polish and the paint was like new till the time i sold it off.
dkariro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:14   #585
BHPian

Default Spare tyre pressue nozzle

I was filling in petrol and air check over the weekend; and I wasnt able to locate the nozzle for the spare tyre. It looks like the tyre is put upside down in the boot area, and the nozzle is facing down. That doesnt seem too convenient, so decided to drop a note and ask the gurus - any ideas where the nozzle for the spare tyre is located, and any associated tips etc?

Thanks!
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote