Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 26th September 2010, 12:16   #616
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
The head unit looks wow!

Even though you said audio quality is not a priority, I think since you are spending so much money you might as well put in some more and get some good speakers since the once on the Polo boom when a little bass is applied. Some one also said this is an easy process and no wires are cut.

I think you can also connect a rear view camera to this.

Do you know the model number of the Kenwood system? Then you can check on the web if the price is reasonable.
I was offered kenwood DNX7360BT. But this model is not available on the net. We could even find out the rates for equivalent models.

Visual & Navigation Systems | Car Electroics | Kenwood Corporation

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-0l-4x4-2.html

Rear view camera with night vision, will cost 3K additional. But it will be great! In case of rear parking sensors, we can be sure about the obstructions. But with pits / drains ? Rear view camera is a complete solution!!

As far as the speakers are concerned - As you said, cost is secondary. If the mounting and couplers match, I can upgrade. I will check that out. Otherwise, I would prefer the existing setup, which is quite reasonable. No problem in voice clarity.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 26th September 2010 at 12:22.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 14:24   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
I was offered kenwood DNX7360BT. But this model is not available on the net. We could even find out the rates for equivalent models.
In South Africa, the MRP is 14,000 Rand or around 90,000 rupees.

Rivonia Car Sound and Security - Kenwood-DNX7360BT

Same in the UK.

KENWOOD DNX7360BTNAV in My Odyssey

It appears that you are getting a great deal!
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2010, 21:57   #618
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
In South Africa, the MRP is 14,000 Rand or around 90,000 rupees.

Rivonia Car Sound and Security - Kenwood-DNX7360BT

Same in the UK.

KENWOOD DNX7360BTNAV in My Odyssey

It appears that you are getting a great deal!
Thanks for the details, Nowwhat!!

Nowwhat??

Do you think that it will look good on Polo Dash? This is my only worry.

Otherwise, I will book it next Sunday. Right now, I am in Delhi. Will be back to Bangalore by Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 26th September 2010, 23:58   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Do you think that it will look good on Polo Dash? This is my only worry.
Would it look good??? It would look fantastic!

Firstly the design is simplicity itself. In reality all it is is a 7" screen. You can put whatever wallpaper you want.

This will look much, much better than the incongruous blue on the stock HU.

I am feeling very tempted to get one myself but for the niggling feeling that the added technology may be wasted in my (wife's) car.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 00:03   #620
Team-BHP Support

If you want to keep a stock kind of look why not get the RCD-510? will look the most 'stock' as possible. Try convincing your VW dealer to sell you one.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 07:08   #621
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If you want to keep a stock kind of look why not get the RCD-510? will look the most 'stock' as possible. Try convincing your VW dealer to sell you one.
RCD-510 will get me USB & BT, as extra. May-be, a 6 cd changer also. This 6 cd changer often gives problem, since it involves a lot of mechanicals.But seriously, I do not feel like changing the system and spending 30 odd grands, just for the above mentioned features. May-be, a stock one with DVD & GPS would do. I tried to get one from Japan. But it looks too complicated a procedure.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:04   #622
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Concept T-VW70 OEM Navigation Systems - Video/Multimedia at Onlinecarstereo.com

How is this option?

Compatibility needs to be checked.

Any details on RNS series?
Old 27th September 2010, 12:16   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
RCD-510 will get me USB & BT, as extra. May-be, a 6 cd changer also. This 6 cd changer often gives problem, since it involves a lot of mechanicals.But seriously, I do not feel like changing the system and spending 30 odd grands, just for the above mentioned features. May-be, a stock one with DVD & GPS would do. I tried to get one from Japan. But it looks too complicated a procedure.
It will also give u a brilliant 6.5" touch screen and you might be able to get a visual display of parking sensors too later if you get the VW ones. It has an SD card slot and AUX no usb. The bluetooth module also costs extra if im right.

The RNS-510 is the one to look at if you want navigation etc.
Old 27th September 2010, 16:37   #624
BHPian

To all Polo owners: how do you check/fill air in the spare wheel, in the boot area? The tyre seems to be placed upside down - any ideas on this?
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 19:07   #625
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Would it look good??? It would look fantastic!

Firstly the design is simplicity itself. In reality all it is is a 7" screen. You can put whatever wallpaper you want.

This will look much, much better than the incongruous blue on the stock HU.
I agree with you. Just as a choice - Can you get details on RNS-510?

Quote:
The RNS-510 is the one to look at if you want navigation etc.
Akshay, Without DVD & GPS, change in music system somehow does not look very tempting. But RNS-510 is a good option, if it is available. Do you have any details? No point in depending on the dealer.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...VW-GPS-FAQ.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver2000 View Post
To all Polo owners: how do you check/fill air in the spare wheel, in the boot area? The tyre seems to be placed upside down - any ideas on this?
Driver2000 - Please remove the spare wheel, turn it upside down - And then, fill/check air!!!!!!!!!

Sorry!! That is the only to do it.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th September 2010 at 19:17.
Old 27th September 2010, 20:01   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys
How's the quality of VW OEM accesories like the mud flaps, mats, reverse sensors and sill-plate? Any reviews on that?

Quote:
Try convincing your VW dealer to sell you one.
Its availabe as a dealer fitted accesory. Isint it?

BTW, what is the weak link in the stock audio. The HU or speakers?

PS: I've been bitten by the bug too and a Polo 1.2p HL has been booked. Hence the questions.
Mpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 20:12   #627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Guys
How's the quality of VW OEM accesories like the mud flaps, mats, reverse sensors and sill-plate? Any reviews on that?

PS: I've been bitten by the bug too and a Polo 1.2p HL has been booked. Hence the questions.
In most cars its both

Im not sure what radio is available is a dealer fitted accessory but the RCD-510 comes as OE on the Jetta and Passat so it might be easier getting that since the HU size of all VW cars is the same. It should be just plug and play and maybe some coding required on the VAG-COM.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:05   #628
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Guys

Reverse sensor is good. But the rest of the accessories are just average.

Dealer fits a "MapmyIndia" accessory. This is not an in-dash fitment. So has all the inconveniences attached to it.

Stock audio is short of features. That is it. Sound quality is fine - If you are not of a very demanding type. It is just that, our hands are itching to get more!

You are most welcome to ask anything. 1.2p HL is a good choice. All the best!!

Akshay @ Any idea about this one?

http://www.caskaindia.com/opel.html

Last edited by Chethan B G : 27th September 2010 at 21:13.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:36   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Akshay @ Any idea about this one?

Caska
You know what? That might actually be a good idea since it has all the features you possibly want, and it will turn out cheaper than your earlier plan. It will fit properly in the stock area and you wont have to use an adaptor to fit it. But the only issue I see is that we dont know how the sound quality is with that, but to you I dont think that matters since you arent upgrading your speakers.

2 members on tbhp have this on their cars, you might want to pm them to check for their thoughts on it. One is AbhiJ from Kolkatta who has fitted it on his CRV and the second is a gentlemen whose done the same on his Cruze.
Old 27th September 2010, 21:55   #630
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
You know what? That might actually be a good idea since it has all the features you possibly want, and it will turn out cheaper than your earlier plan. It will fit properly in the stock area and you wont have to use an adaptor to fit it. But the only issue I see is that we dont know how the sound quality is with that, but to you I dont think that matters since you arent upgrading your speakers.

2 members on tbhp have this on their cars, you might want to pm them to check for their thoughts on it. One is AbhiJ from Kolkatta who has fitted it on his CRV and the second is a gentlemen whose done the same on his Cruze.
Thanks! I will do so. Meanwhile, I found this: VW New Bora DVD - VW New Bora GPS - VW New Bora Navigation - VW New Bora multimedia system

Please give me your feedback on this. You know any body who is using this? Will think about all possiblity and decide.