Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 5th October 2010, 14:17   #676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Last, but not the least!! A pic I had forgotten to upload!! This in enroute to Bellary.
I really like that last pic. The polo looks like a tiger surveying the grasslands for its prey.
StarrySky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 15:08   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Alex! A long trip is the right thing to do in the Run-In Period! It will do a world of good to your new car. Just make sure that you do not exceed 75% of the engine speed. That is, (for example) if the red line starts at 6000 RPM, restrict yourself below 4500 RPM - in 3rd, 4th & 5th Gear. In the first & second Gear, stay below 50%, that is 3000 RPM. This is until you cross the company recommended run-in period. After that, increase engine speed gradually - about 500 RPM every 200 Kms.

It is not just the engine which needs to be run-in. Suspension parts, brake assembly, transmission parts, tyres...etc, will all require your care. Go easy on everything. But, don't worry. All these parts are designed to take the brunt.

Relax & Enjoy! All the Best!!
Thanks Chetan. Sorry, I missed your reply in this storm of ICE posts
Your answer was very informative and would be very helpful in convincing my wife for this long trip!
Will try to maintain the recommended engine speed during the run-in period.

Waiting for the pics of your car interior after the HU install.

Thanks,
Alex.
alexkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 18:46   #678
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
My only concern is that Witson is grey but Motevo looks black.
I think that the color matches Polo dash. If you carefully observe, center of the ICE is black, and the side around it is gray. On the other side, Motevo ICE will not suit the dash.

Quote:
I guess Hertz Co-Axial DCX-165 is 6".
Yes. It is 6". You can get 6.5" Co-Axial also, with some other make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget.fr View Post
Chetan, can't clearly make out from the pics. I think the new Hertz speakers are 16.5 cms ones (>6 in). How about the stock ones? Are they smaller (4 in)?
Quote:
What is the maximum size I can fit in the Polo front and rear? Is it 6 inches?
Polo stock speakers are 6.5", 8 ohms, 20 watts pmpo. 6.5" is the Maximum you can fit.
Chethan B G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 19:57   #679
Senior - BHPian

Talking

3D-Kagu Mats for Polo: 3D Mat

I will get my Kagu mats this week end! At last! I will post the rate and Pics, once I get it. For now:

Name:  kagu_beige.jpg
Views: 4611
Size:  119.5 KB

Name:  kagu_gray.jpg
Views: 3224
Size:  106.4 KB
Old 5th October 2010, 20:15   #680
Senior - BHPian

>>>>>Chetan

Those look like very good quality mats. How much do they cost?
theragingbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 20:46   #681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
>>>>>Chetan

Haha alot. When I inquired I was told they were in the range of 5k. But when I called the Bombay dealer he said they dont make them for my car.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 22:05   #682
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
>>>>>Chetan

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Haha alot. When I inquired I was told they were in the range of 5k.
Should be around 3K IMO. Let us see.

Akshay, try Dinesh @ 09945552146

Last edited by Chethan B G : 5th October 2010 at 22:18.
Old 5th October 2010, 22:08   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Should be around 3K IMO. Let us see.
Can you find out if it is available for the 2007 Accord if possible? I dont believe the Bombay dealer.
Akshay1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 23:59   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

Was driving behind a Polo this evening: thought the rear lights looked really nice.

Just thought I'd post this, as you never get to see your own rear lights!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 10:55   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vette8991! And welcome to Team-BHP!

GPS with BT, listed on the VW Indian site is not on-dash.
Wording on the site should have been more clear, as people might get confused.

Thanks for clearing that up & the warm welcome.

Last edited by vette8991 : 6th October 2010 at 11:10.
vette8991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 00:17   #686
BHPian

IMHO too, the WITSON unit looks best suitable for polo. However, while checking the link - found out that the following maps are supported in this unit (PolNav, Igo, Route66, Tom-Tom etc). And I found few links for download of these maps also. However, am not sure if they would cover India as much as SatGuide or MapMyIndia maps do or do they all use the same map?
In the other team-bhp link that someone had posted, I can see that for CASKA unit, they had used SatGuide maps.

@Chethan : The speakers look really nice and worthy for the money spent. Did the drill cause any untoward damage?? I hope not....

P.S : I have also booked a Polo TDI Highline. The decision have got delayed by couple of months due to some official engagement. However, the waiting period is quite a difficult one. Anybody with bright ideas on overcoming this waiting period? I guess, visiting VW showroom regularly and TDing polo would help....
kiran_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 09:02   #687
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
In the other team-bhp link that someone had posted, I can see that for CASKA unit, they had used SatGuide maps.

@Chethan : The speakers look really nice and worthy for the money spent. Did the drill cause any untoward damage?? I hope not....

P.S : I have also booked a Polo TDI Highline. The decision have got delayed by couple of months due to some official engagement. However, the waiting period is quite a difficult one. Anybody with bright ideas on overcoming this waiting period? I guess, visiting VW showroom regularly and TDing polo would help....
Caska uses SatGuide. Dealer in Bangalore was claiming that his unit looks exactly like Witson! I am visiting him to have a look. He has one made for Jetta. Let us see!

No holes were drilled to fix the speakers. Drilling was done to take out the rivets. These rivets are made out of aluminum and are soft. It comes off easily. Bit used was one size less than the rivet, so nothing to worry.

So - Polo fever has ended up raising your temperature?! The more you visit the showroom & Team-BHP, the temperature will raise further. I hope you know that one can even die, because of high temperatures!!

Continue with your official engagement all the more! That is the only remedy - But, will not be successful!!!

PS: We all have gone through this. Now, you are getting a chance to experience it!!!
Old 7th October 2010, 11:18   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post

Kiran, TD the Vento to have some fun!

Agree with Chetan - the wait only gets worse as you keep reading and dreaming of your Polo. In my wait, I was tempted several times to go and talk to any Polo owner on the road, and tell him how good a buy he had... oh well. Welcome to the gang. I think the waiting period should reduce now. I keep seeing a huge number of Polos every time I visit my dealership!

An OT comment - whatever happened to the Micra? Seems to have disappeared rather quietly?
Driver2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 17:50   #689
BHPian

I don't know if you can answer this question but i was wondering if its possible to fit a golf set in the boot of the Polo.
I cannot fit it in my swift or Ritz. Would be interesting to know if the Polo (which will be my next car) can accommodate it!
naveenvenkatesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 18:12   #690
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I don't know if you can answer this question but i was wondering if its possible to fit a golf set in the boot of the Polo.
I cannot fit it in my swift or Ritz. Would be interesting to know if the Polo (which will be my next car) can accommodate it!
Entire set can go in if you fold a seat (40% split). This is how a VW-Golf is seen in the UK ads - Is it not? In this case - 3 adults, including the driver, can sit comfortably inside Polo.

I hope this answers your question.