Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 1st February 2011, 20:18   #841

Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations! Excellent report Chetan..Keep updating the thread as you munch more miles.. Happy driving!!
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 22:23   #842
BHPian

Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Pic of the EORVM; a new feature added on which was'nt provided earlier in HL.
Attached Thumbnails
New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!-dsc_0122.jpg  

Last edited by manubhai : 1st February 2011 at 22:37.
manubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2011, 23:06   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manubhai View Post
Chethan, I've finally got my hands on the 1.6 today, she's lookin red-hot !

Hey, your thread has been an education, I definately seem to know the car better , thanks to your extremely detailed insights.
In fact, I've picked out & prepared a 10 page compilation of the highlights/features/flaws, (wiper mechanism in particular) from this thread as well as from Sadnabrina, (with ref to the 1.6), Poloman, Nowwhat and taken a print out. Its been of immence help already and much more I'm sure as I get familiar with the car.

Thanks to all you guys, & of course Team-BHP :-)
Congratulations manubhai. Great buy indeed.

Quote:
Pic of the EORVM; a new feature added on which was'nt provided earlier in HL.
WOW! That looks nice and handy. I sorely miss it on mine.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:00   #844
Senior - BHPian

Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
WOW! That looks nice and handy. I sorely miss it on mine.
Wow! that is a great add on. I wish VW gives it as an extra accessory to we guys who believed their products and jumped at it.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 19:56   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Wow! that is a great add on. I wish VW gives it as an extra accessory to we guys who believed their products and jumped at it.
Since they have removed the rear window buttons from the driver side door panel with the addition of EORVM, there might be an issue with cabling or something which might not allow fixing it on our Polos :-(. Otherwise I am ready to pay for it as an addon accessory.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:34   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since they have removed the rear window buttons from the driver side door panel
That is not good. Driver should be able to operate all windows.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:47   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Agree. It is like the Fird Figo mistake (no power windows for back door even on the Titanium) getting repeated.
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:56   #848
BHPian

Smile re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Yes of course you deserve to have it on your cars. But if they do give it as accessories, I am sure it will cost you a lot. If the fog lights could cost around 20 K for fixing on a Trendline model, I am sure you will be paying a good amount to have it fixed. Do update if you get more info on this.
uvmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:54   #849
BHPian

Quote:
I think I'll stick to the all 4 power windows rather than have electrically operated mirrors which anyway get hit all the time. I shudder to think what it would cost to replace/repair these mirrors
NevGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:50   #850
Senior - BHPian

Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Yes. I had missed it! I would rather have a control on all windows. but EORVM is a great feature to have.

I do not know why these guys try to save on such petty things.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:13   #851
BHPian

Vento has EORVM and control over all 4 windows so ofcourse its technically possible. VW didn't give it on Polo probably because they wanted to keep few things exclusive to Vento.
Abhinav.Daos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 16:18   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav.Daos View Post
Vento has EORVM and control over all 4 windows so ofcourse its technically possible. VW didn't give it on Polo probably because they wanted to keep few things exclusive to Vento.
There is a lot of exclusive things in Vento highline - the 1.6 diesel engine, front passenger seat adjustment from rear, automatic climate control, extended wheelbase, front arm rest, rear glass holder, rear reading lights, anti theft alarm system, trunk illumination, leather wrapped steering, automatic transmission... the list seems endless.

We are not cribbing about these... but to add a feature (EOVRM) by removing another (rear window control) is stepmotherly and poor customer expectation management .
Old 4th February 2011, 19:43   #853
BHPian

Quote:
There is a lot of exclusive things in Vento highline - the 1.6 diesel engine, front passenger seat adjustment from rear, automatic climate control, extended wheelbase, front arm rest, rear glass holder, rear reading lights, anti theft alarm system, trunk illumination, leather wrapped steering, automatic transmission... the list seems endless.

We are not cribbing about these... but to add a feature (EOVRM) by removing another (rear window control) is stepmotherly and poor customer expectation management .
+1 to it mate .
Its definitely not something that one would expect from a auto giant like VW .
I would any day prefer all 4 window control than the EOVRM .

Also to mention here the rear badge of new polo has both 'Volkswagen ' on the left side of the hatch and 'polo ' or polo tdi' sticked on to the right .
I prefer the earlier polos which just had the vw symbol and just Polo / polo tdi scriblled on the left side of the hatch .
rejoycjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 21:39   #854
BHPian

Quote:

Sure I'm lucky to have the EORVM but I would've really liked leather wrapped steering, front arm rest, rear & trunk lights.
I too feel a bit shortchanged...a case of 'its never enough for us' - the customers !!!

Last edited by manubhai : 4th February 2011 at 21:41.
manubhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2011, 12:07   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
+1 to it mate .
Its definitely not something that one would expect from a auto giant like VW .
I would any day prefer all 4 window control than the EOVRM .

Also to mention here the rear badge of new polo has both 'Volkswagen ' on the left side of the hatch and 'polo ' or polo tdi' sticked on to the right .
I prefer the earlier polos which just had the vw symbol and just Polo / polo tdi scriblled on the left side of the hatch .
The rear badge change happened some time back in July / August to increase brand awareness. My 1.6 delivered in mid August has it. Does not look that bad though.

Quote:
Sure I'm lucky to have the EORVM but I would've really liked leather wrapped steering, front arm rest, rear & trunk lights.
I too feel a bit shortchanged...a case of 'its never enough for us' - the customers !!!
Features like leather wrapped steering, trunk lights can be added post purchase, but arm rest is best if it comes along from the factory.
No point in feeling shortchanged. Continuous upgrades on features are a part of life. Your next car would definitely have all these features and more (if you plan to change soon that is).