Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 7th April 2011, 21:47   #886
BHPian

Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Wow! is the word, honestly that I can think of looking at the pics. I don't know whether its the latest pic of your car (> 20,000 KMs) or not, but definitely I agree with your point of view that -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Pearl effect Black on Polo is much different. Lot different than the other cars I had seen in black. Just to refresh our memories:
Not only black, pepper grey, (Glacier?) blue, red all are a bit different from the available similar (all manufacturer's have different names for similar colours, say - flash red, bright red, electric red, fire red, blushing red and so on), the distinguishing factor IMO is the quality of paint and obviously all colours look different on different cars ( I mean a red Polo and a red Ferrari is not the same ), but still Polo`s paint quality is quite evident in their car at least in the last 01 year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
...That makes Polo fun to drive on highways
+1, one feature even I mentioned in my ownership thread I liked most.

Apart from the front RHS power window switch and few reported cases of engine head replacement ( ), seems a good buy.

Nice to see you updating on your car status, Chethan.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 16:38   #887
BHPian

Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Hello guys, my new black polo tdi highline will be coming soon in 2 weeks!

Can someone guide me accessories based on below:

1. Should I buy door sills
2. Door strips? Not sure what it is called, those metallic strips?
3. Changing headlamps to philips Extreme H4 or H7 or any better that is recommended ?
4. Which are the best tires as replacement? Michelin xm1 energy?
5. Where can I get kagu mats in Mumbai?
6. I Don't plan to get new seat covers, is there something that can protect the shine of the seats
7. Which is the best fm integrator with iPhone compatibility and charging at the same time?
8. Anything else that I must think?

Thanks everyone , can't wait to get the new polo
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 18:27   #888
BHPian

I have one imp question, what is the audio system model number on polo high line? I searched Internet but couldn't find. Kindly help since I m trying to find an iPhone wired integrator to complete the package
Old 19th April 2011, 22:28   #889
Senior - BHPian

Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post

1. Should I buy door sills - Yes
2. Door strips? Not sure what it is called, those metallic strips? - Not very useful IMO.
3. Changing headlamps to philips Extreme H4 or H7 or any better that is recommended ? - Already discussed
4. Which are the best tires as replacement? Michelin xm1 energy? Already discussed
6. I Don't plan to get new seat covers, is there something that can protect the shine of the seats - Already discussed
7. Which is the best fm integrator with iPhone compatibility and charging at the same time? - Already discussed

Quote:
I have one imp question, what is the audio system model number on polo high line? I searched Internet but couldn't find. Kindly help since I m trying to find an iPhone wired integrator to complete the package
Thumb rule: If you do not get some thing related to automobile on the web, check Team-BHP specifically.

Please go through all the Polo threads on this forum and you will get answers to all your questions.

Congratulations. All the best.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 13:09   #890
BHPian

Search forums for 3D mats, there are many discussions you will find, where bhpian's have bought these mats and where to get from in mumbai.

I enquired about mats in delhi this week and there is a 3 month waiting on them

Quote:

layndrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 14:15   #891
BHPian

Thought I'll share this info here, since this has come to be the Polo Bible thread.

Visited VW Metropolitan Workshop in Delhi/Mathura Road, yesterday, to get a minor detail looked at.

The attendant looked at my aftermaret ice, i had gotten installed and instantly said ...

"VW has asked all workshops to click pictures of any aftermarket installation of ICE, together with engine chasis number to be sent back to aurangabad facility, for instant voiding of warranty"

they dont even tell/ask owners, they just do it. VW is apparently super strict about this.

quite unnerving to find out something like this ...
Old 20th April 2011, 15:23   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by layndrivr View Post
Thought I'll share this info here, since this has come to be the Polo Bible thread.

Visited VW Metropolitan Workshop in Delhi/Mathura Road, yesterday, to get a minor detail looked at.

The attendant looked at my aftermaret ice, i had gotten installed and instantly said ...

"VW has asked all workshops to click pictures of any aftermarket installation of ICE, together with engine chasis number to be sent back to aurangabad facility, for instant voiding of warranty"

they dont even tell/ask owners, they just do it. VW is apparently super strict about this.

quite unnerving to find out something like this ...
Did they tell you which part of the warrenty gets void? Must be the warranty of electrical accessories only. ECU should not get affected by fitting an aftermarket ICE.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 15:42   #893
BHPian

Quote:

3. Changing headlamps to philips Extreme H4 or H7 or any better that is recommended ?
6. I Don't plan to get new seat covers, is there something that can protect the shine of the seats
7. Which is the best fm integrator with iPhone compatibility and charging at the same time?

Congrats! Awaiting some new snaps!
Even I wanted to change the headlamps. So will closely follow your
thread.
I replaced the tires with CPC2
I saw those 3d Mats ata dealer at pune
Would suggest you to put seat covers.
How about changing the alloys?
mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 16:03   #894
BHPian

That's a dangerous trend! As long as we don't cut wires it should be okay, they can't blackmail us that warranty will be void. This is probably the first time in India, they may not have such rules for Audi.

I am still unable to find the model number for the car audio in Polo high line, can someone tell me or point me to the exact thread where I can find?

Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 18:35   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

This seems ridiculous to me. Does it happen anywhere else in the world? Is it in the sales contract? Even if it is, I wouldn't have thought that it would survive a reasonability test in court?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 19:08   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This seems ridiculous to me. Does it happen anywhere else in the world? Is it in the sales contract? Even if it is, I wouldn't have thought that it would survive a reasonability test in court?
Just had a chat with my cousin with Honda. He says every manufacturer voids warranty if you fit unauthorised aftermarket accessories. The question is to identify which accessory smple is unauthorised.
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 19:43   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by layndrivr View Post

But why Aurangabad? Besides assembling some low volume cars ,Aurangabad plant has nothing. The Polo is manufactured at Pune chakan which houses VW big bosses and important technical teams. I doubt this person's statement who told you this.
ritzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 12:12   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Did they tell you which part of the warrenty gets void? Must be the warranty of electrical accessories only. ECU should not get affected by fitting an aftermarket ICE.
I clarified, whether he meant the 'electrical warranty', he repeated 'car warranty' and said components like ECU, etc which cost a lakh or something, will not be covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Just had a chat with my cousin with Honda. He says every manufacturer voids warranty if you fit unauthorised aftermarket accessories. The question is to identify which accessory smple is unauthorised.
According to my experience with a previous vw dealer, not the one i eventually went with, all aftermarkets parts are unauthorized, a.k.a if its not vw its not authorized

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
But why Aurangabad? Besides assembling some low volume cars ,Aurangabad plant has nothing. The Polo is manufactured at Pune chakan which houses VW big bosses and important technical teams. I doubt this person's statement who told you this.
yes, i would think the same, but he mentioned aurangabad
Old 21st April 2011, 12:17   #899
BHPian

Quote:
That's a dangerous trend! As long as we don't cut wires it should be okay, they can't blackmail us that warranty will be void. This is probably the first time in India, they may not have such rules for Audi.
I got vw to install the rear parking sensors and when fitting my ice, the guy found spliced wires at the back of the car to power the rear sensor ... that does not fit into, vw being very particular about proper installation/not messing with the electrical of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm guessing they can always say, 'we told you so and you still decided to buy from us', not like we're the only car makers in the market. But it was really disappointing to find out such a thing, i will always be wary about going in for a service/checkup and just not feel comfortable taking my car there anymore...
Old 21st April 2011, 15:30   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Frontosa, I will put in my 2 cents. Hope you get your car soon!

Door sills are a good thing to have and the Polo ones look good. However door sills are not very functional in the sense that they do not cover the entire area and as a result the plastic around my door sill ends up being dirty.

Door strips (metallic): I was looking for these before I got my car and sadly the metallic ones (commonly seen on Innova and Mercedes) were not available for the Polo when I looked. One thing I must say is that the paint quality of the Polo is excellent, so if its a small hit then most probably nothing will happen.

Since you are getting a black Polo, you could try putting in the black ones from the Swift or the Fabia. I remember sometime ago someone had put in black door and corner strips from the Swift on the Polo and it fit. But in my opinion, the thick black strip looks bad on any other colour (not fully sure about black too) and I also don't like it on the Fabia.

Philips NightXTreme H4: Go for it! I am very satisfied.

Please get art-leather seat covers. The Livon fabric is a dirt magnet. I have the Polo ones in beige and I am satisfied.

Anything else? The usual: mud-flaps, rubber mats, sun-film.
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote