Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2011, 16:12   #901
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore-Kollam-Trivandrum
Posts: 41
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

I have installed a 2 din ICE, Pioneer 4250, to my POLO. Now there is a panel gap in the dashboard. I went to JC Road to get some panel gap filler or finisher as they call. But I could not find the proper one . Please help me in finding one.
rahulrajeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:41   #902
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrajeev View Post
I have installed a 2 din ICE, Pioneer 4250, to my POLO. Now there is a panel gap in the dashboard. I went to JC Road to get some panel gap filler or finisher as they call. But I could not find the proper one . Please help me in finding one.
Hi Rahulrajeev,

If you go back some posts on this thread, I remember Chethan had purchased some face-plates for the Polo from the UK.

If I remember, he paid a tidy sum but from what I understand the fit and finish was perfect.

He also has a 2-din Pioneer HU, maybe the same one as yours.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:23   #903
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulrajeev View Post
I have installed a 2 din ICE, Pioneer 4250, to my POLO. Now there is a panel gap in the dashboard. I went to JC Road to get some panel gap filler or finisher as they call. But I could not find the proper one . Please help me in finding one.
I still have one with me which I had imported from UK. PM me if you are interested. I am leaving to Europe on Monday. We have to meet before that if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi Rahulrajeev,

If you go back some posts on this thread, I remember Chethan had purchased some face-plates for the Polo from the UK.

If I remember, he paid a tidy sum but from what I understand the fit and finish was perfect.

He also has a 2-din Pioneer HU, maybe the same one as yours.
4250 is a 7 inch display. The one I have is a 5 inch display. But I have a Fascia adapter for 4250 also, which I bought by mistake.
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 12:48   #904
BHPian
 
Omega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 145
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
7. Which is the best fm integrator with iPhone compatibility and charging at the same time?
I checked a few authorised Apple outlets but they did not have any FM integrators with them so bought 2 sets (1 branded - Sensei, 1 non-branded) from the open market. Let me know if you want me to upload some pictures of the devices in action.
Omega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:19   #905
BHPian
 
jethari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Malad, Mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 17 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
Got all my wiring done through the VW worker (obviously not at the showroom though).


Fixed the rear camera as well, the quality is surprisingly clear even during night time.
Will post some pics tonight.
Ankit, am also looking to install rear view camera on my Vento. How did you wire it up without affecting the VW warranty? Although you only have to tap the power supply from the reversing light, VW say that the warranty will be void since it is not an approved accessory.

Hari
jethari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:44   #906
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Novice to Team-BHP (but an old fan!!)... have been doing a lot of offline reading here!

After going thru this thread and the others on Polo, booked 1.6 Highline (thatz the only variant available in 1.6!) @ Elite Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Expecting delivery in a couple of weeks...

My initial experience - VW is not flexible with their offerings (or attitude!). Worst part is - I wrote to VW directly to check about the ICE upgrade to RCD510 and the response was horrible! So called VW person called me up (quite promptly on next business day, which is the only good part) and said I need to get in touch with the dealer. He didn't listen / understand when I said I wrote to them since dealer was of little help in this case... hope their after-sales service and support isn't as bad.. at least with the standard stuff they have on the offer.
shrisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:35   #907
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: India
Posts: 673
Thanked: 138 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisri View Post
My initial experience - VW is not flexible with their offerings (or attitude!). Worst part is - I wrote to VW directly to check about the ICE upgrade to RCD510 and the response was horrible! So called VW person called me up (quite promptly on next business day, which is the only good part) and said I need to get in touch with the dealer. He didn't listen / understand when I said I wrote to them since dealer was of little help in this case... hope their after-sales service and support isn't as bad.. at least with the standard stuff they have on the offer.
You are correct to some extent regarding their attitude, after all it comes down to demand-n-supply

Even though this depends mostly on the particular dealership but still would like to share some of my experience in dealing with VW Dealer.

Firstly, it is too early to comment anything about the long term ownership cost of VW Polo as its just > 01 yr of Polo launch in India.

During the last ~08 months of ownership (Polo) been to the dealer multiple times, and my experience from buying till the last visit was absolutely fantastic with hardly any points to complain about. They were transparent in their transactions (finance), every time went to the showroom for whatever reasons (small issues like driver side PW, car pulling left etc), issue was attended and dealt with utmost care and during delivery of car it was washed (water pressure wash with no charges and even interior/exterior polishing done last time w/o any charges).

Staff were polite and ready to listen and understand the issue. Most important the car ' POLO ' is running fine, I mean as per my expectation - no niggles, no rattling sounds, more than expected mileage, perfect handling, very good ac etc

But yes, issues like front RHS power window will refuse to go up or down sometimes, one may feel car is pulling towards left (SA would be of minimal help in this case, more of trial-n-error rather than permanent fix), strange but better to mention totally unsafe door locking mechanism (doors can be opened anytime from within the car - intentionally or otherwise).

And - the big one : engine head replacement in some cases ~10K kms mark!

Good news is - Polo is readily available (depending upon color/variant, but waiting time almost few weeks compared to months earlier! ), as per senior sales executive in one of the Pune VW dealer.

Till now, 0 paisa spent on Polo's maintenance, so you can be rest assured Polo is a brilliant car and you would enjoy driving it, all the best
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 00:43   #908
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 199 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Hey Omegaman -please show some in action pics of fm integrators for iPhone and kindly mention features and prices and source does it have steering remote and does it charge iPhone simultaneously and how is audio quality in various circumstance ?

Hello All, I heard the only common bug in polo is the left pull,is is it related to wheel alignment or something else? How can we fix before taking delivery of the car? My car should come by early next week!
Frontosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 09:57   #909
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 442
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisri View Post
Novice to Team-BHP (but an old fan!!)... have been doing a lot of offline reading here!

After going thru this thread and the others on Polo, booked 1.6 Highline (thatz the only variant available in 1.6!) @ Elite Motors, Hosur Road, Bangalore. Expecting delivery in a couple of weeks...

My initial experience - VW is not flexible with their offerings (or attitude!). Worst part is - I wrote to VW directly to check about the ICE upgrade to RCD510 and the response was horrible! So called VW person called me up (quite promptly on next business day, which is the only good part) and said I need to get in touch with the dealer. He didn't listen / understand when I said I wrote to them since dealer was of little help in this case... hope their after-sales service and support isn't as bad.. at least with the standard stuff they have on the offer.
Hi shrisri, Hope you get your 1.6 soon! Which colour did you book?

I am dealing with VW Downtown (branch of the same Elite Motors) and their customer service is horrible. I try and bypass the dealer whenever possible.

RCD510: I don't know much about ICE, but is RCD510 for the Polo? I suggest you check out Chethan B. G.'s setup whenever he is back in town. He did a lot of research before settling down on the Pioneer. No wires were cut during installation, hence warranty-wise he faces no problem.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2011, 10:40   #910
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi shrisri, Hope you get your 1.6 soon! Which colour did you book?

I am dealing with VW Downtown (branch of the same Elite Motors) and their customer service is horrible. I try and bypass the dealer whenever possible.

RCD510: I don't know much about ICE, but is RCD510 for the Polo? I suggest you check out Chethan B. G.'s setup whenever he is back in town. He did a lot of research before settling down on the Pioneer. No wires were cut during installation, hence warranty-wise he faces no problem.
I've booked Silver color. I'm expecting delivery sometime next week (thatz about 3 weeks from date of booking!).

Sales folks (I'm working with Mr Bopanna) @ Elite motors are not bad I'd say...
shrisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2011, 10:33   #911
BHPian
 
Omega Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Thane
Posts: 145
Thanked: 39 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hey Omegaman -please show some in action pics of fm integrators for iPhone and kindly mention features and prices and source does it have steering remote and does it charge iPhone simultaneously and how is audio quality in various circumstance ?
Here are some pics of the device in action.
Its a simple Plug-n-Play device for Apple iPods.
Transmits on the entire FM band.
Just plug it into your iPod socket.
Set the frequency.
Play music from your iPod thru your Car FM Radio.
Quality is good and stereophonic.
Can simulteneously charge &/or upload while FM transmission is ON AIR.
No cables, No hassles.
No charging. Powers thru the iPod itself.
No remote.
If iPod is charged, it can play music wirelessly thru your cars FM Radio.
Available for all models of iPods & iPhones.
Bought it from ebay for Rs.300/-
Transmission range = 1mtrs. Place it close to your car FM.
This one is non-branded, other one is branded - Sensei but without the charging socket.
Name:  DSC01.JPG
Views: 1672
Size:  26.8 KB

Name:  DSC02.JPG
Views: 1670
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  DSC03.JPG
Views: 1679
Size:  31.9 KB
Omega Man is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 07:07   #912
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisri View Post
I've booked Silver color. I'm expecting delivery sometime next week (thatz about 3 weeks from date of booking!).

Sales folks (I'm working with Mr Bopanna) @ Elite motors are not bad I'd say...

UPDATE:


My Polo 1.6 has arrived from the VW factory!! I went to submit documents for registration. It'll get registered over next couple of days. Very excited and look forward getting my hands on it

Sad part though is - the 'officially sold' accessories list @ the dealer. There is hardly anything available... and the sales person says warranty is void if I fit any accessory that results in OEM wiring changes...
shrisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 10:04   #913
BHPian
 
sadnabrina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 347
Thanked: 105 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Congratulations on your new Polo 1.6. Wish you years of driving pleasure.
What accessories do you intend to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisri View Post
UPDATE:

My Polo 1.6 has arrived from the VW factory!! I went to submit documents for registration. It'll get registered over next couple of days. Very excited and look forward getting my hands on it

Sad part though is - the 'officially sold' accessories list @ the dealer. There is hardly anything available... and the sales person says warranty is void if I fit any accessory that results in OEM wiring changes...
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 11:01   #914
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: bengaluru
Posts: 13
Thanked: 2 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Congratulations on your new Polo 1.6. Wish you years of driving pleasure.
What accessories do you intend to get?
I wanted to buy following -

* Window Visor (to protect from rain)
* Leather seats (Stanley)
* OEM music system upgrade (RCD510??)
* Reverse parking sensor with display (they have one which just beeps)
* 3M or V-Kool Sun film (they have Llumar, which the dealer himself said 'not so good' compared to the ones I asked!)

A few things I intend to add immediately after taking delivery -

* Leather seats (from Stanley)
* 3M sun film (from 3M Car Care shop in HSR Layout)
* Philips X-tremePower (headlight bulb replacement)
shrisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2011, 12:08   #915
BHPian
 
sadnabrina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 347
Thanked: 105 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

My observations/views -
* Window Visor (to protect from rain) - Not so useful. Affects the looks of the car and performance (creates a bit of drag and wind noise). I would rather keep the windows closed with the AC on during rains.

* Reverse parking sensor with display - Do you really need a reverse parking sensor for a small car like polo? I never felt the need. The size is easily estimatable.

* 3M or V-Kool Sun film - Llumar quality is decent enough, though 3M might be better.

* OEM music system upgrade (RCD510??) - Go for an upgrade only if you want a HU with GPS and Bluetooth/Front Aux input. Otherwise the OEM HU is decent enough. To get the best out of the EOM you might want to change the OEM speakers with a better set. That would give you good enough sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrisri View Post
I wanted to buy following -

* Window Visor (to protect from rain)
* Leather seats (Stanley)
* OEM music system upgrade (RCD510??)
* Reverse parking sensor with display (they have one which just beeps)
* 3M or V-Kool Sun film (they have Llumar, which the dealer himself said 'not so good' compared to the ones I asked!)

A few things I intend to add immediately after taking delivery -

* Leather seats (from Stanley)
* 3M sun film (from 3M Car Care shop in HSR Layout)
* Philips X-tremePower (headlight bulb replacement)
sadnabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo TDI Highline : Multiple Breakdowns & Replacements. EDIT : Now Sold! shashank.nk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 15th September 2015 16:11
Deep Black Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline- Initial Ownership Review - 200 Km hossdoc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 20th October 2013 15:32
VW Vento Highline TDI in Reflex Silver (Initial report) msd63 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 16th November 2010 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks