Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 09:33   #1081
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 133
Thanked: 25 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
As far as I know these are available only on the HL. Do check with your SA though.
Ye mate, I think I need to discuss about it with the SA & confirm!
vw19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 14:09   #1082
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Don't have any photos as of now, dealer charging 18k premium on it, as it is a limited edition by VW.

Have booked Polo Highline TDI, should be getting delivery next week ;-)
If possible please take picture, that new features are available on petrol or diesel highline ?
congrats mate getting any freebies ?- have you boked new highline that coming with audio controls ?
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 14:19   #1083
BHPian
 
rareone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 256
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
If possible please take picture, that new features are available on petrol or diesel highline ?
congrats mate getting any freebies ?- have you boked new highline that coming with audio controls ?
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
rareone is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2012, 14:55   #1084
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
Alright mate.
That's the better decision you made mate, make sure mate they give you polo written mudflaps, push for car cover.
Thanks for your support
unknown is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 00:15   #1085
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rareone View Post
Yeap will take pictures and post them, had seen new features on Diesel Highline not sure about Petrol version.

Had booked New Polo which is coming with AUX (2012 Model), But then saw the one with Audio Controls on Steering Wheel and RCD 310 Music System, So changed my booking to that model.

Freebies = VW Mud Flaps & Matting.
Congratulations Rareone! Your Polo will really be a RARE one!

Will be interesting to know the difference in wiring harness in this model.

Can you explore and share? It will be a big help - Especially the way steering controls are wired to the RCD 310..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 19:44   #1086
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Guys - when you took delivery of your polo or when you've seen it for first time does it has plastic covers on seats & headrests ? temporary number plate red sticker is presented on new cars (not yet registered) ? my friend has been offered new car without plastic covers & with temp number already on it (he has hasn't bought yet) so i'd to confirm on behalf of him.
Thanks

Last edited by unknown : 17th February 2012 at 19:46.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 20:34   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,204 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Plastic covers on seats, yes. Even if it had been used by the dealer for a bit of elicit demo test-driving, I wouldn't expect them to remove those, especially the back. Unless, maybe it was a showroom car.

Do you mean it has a "temporary registration" sticker for the numberplate? Sounds dodgy.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2012, 21:13   #1088
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Plastic covers on seats, yes. Even if it had been used by the dealer for a bit of elicit demo test-driving, I wouldn't expect them to remove those, especially the back. Unless, maybe it was a showroom car.

Do you mean it has a "temporary registration" sticker for the numberplate? Sounds dodgy.
The car we have shown has no plastic cover at all & seats are dirty, Yes it has temporary registration sticker(number alloted on it) On top they have put a polo written plate to hide that sticker(or even for advertising)
Car is in inside showroom, hmm..buy it or leave it ?
Ps: car is a polo 1.6 may make.

Last edited by unknown : 17th February 2012 at 21:15.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 16:23   #1089
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
The car we have shown has no plastic cover at all & seats are dirty, Yes it has temporary registration sticker(number alloted on it) On top they have put a polo written plate to hide that sticker(or even for advertising)
Car is in inside showroom, hmm..buy it or leave it ?
Ps: car is a polo 1.6 may make.
Must be the showroom display car. Otherwise, a May 1.6 Polo will not be available for sale for sure - Being a overbooked model!

Is the dealer offering a discount? What does the ODO read? What story does the dealer give? Any reason for your friend to consider the same car?

All the best!!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 16:59   #1090
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Must be the showroom display car. Otherwise, a May 1.6 Polo will not be available for sale for sure - Being a overbooked model!

Is the dealer offering a discount? What does the ODO read? What story does the dealer give? Any reason for your friend to consider the same car?

All the best!!
Yes it's in showroom, so Is it okay to buy ? Car doesn't have new car kinda smell though.
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills, odo reads 58km, no other dealer has 1.6 in stock & they are not willing to take order, I told him to go for jan-feb 2012 1.2 either in petrol or tdi that will be tension free.
Thank you sir

Last edited by unknown : 18th February 2012 at 17:01.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:24   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,204 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills
50,000-off is the offer that has been given on 2012 cars. It is what I got when buying my 1.6.

An extra 10k is not enough to make it worth buying, effectively, a 2nd-hand car.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:35   #1092
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Discount of 60k + 40% off on insurance + mudflaps + mats + body cover + door sills, odo reads 58km, no other dealer has 1.6 in stock & they are not willing to take order, I told him to go for jan-feb 2012 1.2 either in petrol or tdi that will be tension free.
Thank you sir
If the insurance is bought outside, it will be about 40% cheaper any way. So no big deal.

A showroom car which is 8 months old and used for business promotion, should be offered at a minimum discount of 20%. Only then, it is worth it.

Best option is to go for a 2012 Polo. You never know, even the wiring harness would be different - It makes a lot of difference when he tries to add after market products...
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 17:53   #1093
BHPian
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 429
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
50,000-off is the offer that has been given on 2012 cars. It is what I got when buying my 1.6.

An extra 10k is not enough to make it worth buying, effectively, a 2nd-hand car.
Yes, thats what everyone is being offered.
Your month of car manufacturing Is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
If the insurance is bought outside, it will be about 40% cheaper any way. So no big deal.

A showroom car which is 8 months old and used for business promotion, should be offered at a minimum discount of 20%. Only then, it is worth it.

Best option is to go for a 2012 Polo. You never know, even the wiring harness would be different - It makes a lot of difference when he tries to add after market products...
No insurance Is being offered by dealer only that too on discount.
I'll tell him go for it if they'll offer 20% less.
unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 00:25   #1094
Senior - BHPian
 
Chethan B G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,419
Thanked: 693 Times
Arrow re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
An extra 10k is not enough to make it worth buying, effectively, a 2nd-hand car.
Did you mean "practically"?

I thought, temporary registration does not count as a regular one. Or, am I wrong?
Chethan B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 00:25   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,839
Thanked: 7,204 Times
Default re: New Polo - Highline TDI - Test-Drive and Initial Ownership Report EDIT: Now sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Yes, thats what everyone is being offered.
Your month of car manufacturing Is ?
I don't actually know. I guess I have to look up how to decode the VIN.

But the important thing to me was the condition of the car, and that, though not spotless, was fine.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW Polo TDI Highline : Multiple Breakdowns & Replacements. EDIT : Now Sold! shashank.nk Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 15th September 2015 16:11
Deep Black Polo 1.6 Petrol Highline- Initial Ownership Review - 200 Km hossdoc Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 83 20th October 2013 15:32
VW Vento Highline TDI in Reflex Silver (Initial report) msd63 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 16th November 2010 01:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks