Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 24th February 2014, 12:27   #301
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Long Term Review - Fiat Punto EP 1.3 - EDIT: Sold the car @ 1,90,000 kms

It's a great narration, basically proves that all the diagnostic tools at your disposal fall short in front of real world experience. Also the ASS mechanics just do not want to do the hard work and quote some obscene rates for entire machinery replacement.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 13:48   #302
BHPian

Default Re: Long Term Review - Fiat Punto EP 1.3 - EDIT: Sold the car @ 1,90,000 kms

Thanks for sharing. Superb write-up, enjoy your mind on paper writing style.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2014, 00:16   #303
Senior - BHPian

This is incredible. Your friendly neighborhood garage, without any complicated equipment or methods, fixed the problem. This is experience and I highly doubt if any Fiat authorized garage, even if you had paid them 75k, would have the slightest clue of what was going on. I salute your mechanic.

I am curious as to how that oil reached the intercooler. The turbo is cooled by engine oil. What part of the turbo lets oil slip through?
sandeepmohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2014, 11:09   #304
BHPian

Hi Epicenter Rulez.

Putting a query to you, since you have extensively dealt with quadrajet engine.

I recently bought a linea emotion, used, mid showing 48,000.

The car's alternator's pulley broke off last wednesday. I had to get the alternator replaced.

Now, on Monday, I drove the car for about 15 kms. Thereafter, parked the car outside a school, in the sun.

When I cam back, about an hour later, the car started normally, but immediately fluttered and died. At the same time, the mid started showing check engine light.

The car had to be towed to Torque fiat, gurgaon.

The people there diagnosed it as failed alternator, and replaced it. But the problem persisted. Then they attached the diagnostic tool, and told me that the fault codes identified were: EGR failed, ECU fault, mass filter error.

My query is, what could the reason be for the stalling of the car after it starts absolutely fine.
deepfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2014, 11:29   #305
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
Now only if the buggers could change the gear ratios and make it go like the swift
So there is nothing that can be done about the lousy gear ratios? Even a remap won't help? I am guessing there is no such thing as a gearbox transplant (Swift to Punto). Sorry I am ignorant about these things.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2014, 00:40   #306
Senior - BHPian

What a gem of a post, epicentre.rules! Brilliantly executed and excellently narrated.

This post has helped me somewhat understand things I would've never tried to learn about the 1.3mjd. Thanks! Also, hats off to people like sahubhai for their expertise and keen interest in cars.

All the absolute best!
GrammarNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2016, 15:39   #307
BHPian

Hello Gaaij,
Two years and two vehicles later I am back.
The Punto was replaced by a Veedub Jetta 1.9 Tdi (PD) DSG HL which was then replaced by the current weapon of choice, the VW Passat 2.0 Tdi DSG HL after about a 140000 kilometer affair and a bit of tuning.
Will be putting up a shorty on the Jetta without boring you with unnecessary commentary but the Passat ownership review will continue as I intend to keep it for a couple of years to come.
Man!! It feels good to be back.
Oh and yeah, the standard Enfield 500(souped up) was sold, a Classic 500 bought and sold after a year and a Continental gt purchased and souped up a bit. Haven't been riding around like the days of yore but managed to putter around some and I have to admit, this is one hell of a bike.
Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
epicenter.rulez is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2016, 14:31   #308
Senior - BHPian

So, the Punto is sold and the new Jetta and Passat will clock in those kilometers! Congrats on the purchase. Is your new thread up yet?
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:53   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
So, the Punto is sold and the new Jetta and Passat will clock in those kilometers! Congrats on the purchase. Is your new thread up yet?
Yes the Punto is sold and even the Jetta. It was the older 1.9 Tdi DSG and now it is the Passat. I am having so much fun driving the Passat.
The thread is not up yet. Maybe in a couple of days.
Just for a heads up, did 3 long trips after I bought the car. The first was the Diwali vacation drive to Jaipur and back. The second was for my niece's wedding in Ludhiana and the third was the drive to Ridermania in Nagpur.

All these details coming up separately.

Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt!
epicenter.rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2016, 21:41   #310
BHPian

Hi Mandeep,

WELCOME BACK!!
I think most of us enjoyed going through your posts, and those posts were very informative as well. I have referred your posts to many who wanted to buy or who is currently owning swift and punto.

Please put up the life story with the Germans now. Once again warm a welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicenter.rulez View Post
Hello Gaaij,
Two years and two vehicles later I am back.
The Punto was replaced by a Veedub Jetta 1.9 Tdi (PD) DSG HL which was then replaced by the current weapon of choice, the VW Passat 2.0 Tdi DSG HL after about a 140000 kilometer affair and a bit of tuning.
Will be putting up a shorty on the Jetta without boring you with unnecessary commentary but the Passat ownership review will continue as I intend to keep it for a couple of years to come.
Man!! It feels good to be back.
Oh and yeah, the standard Enfield 500(souped up) was sold, a Classic 500 bought and sold after a year and a Continental gt purchased and souped up a bit. Haven't been riding around like the days of yore but managed to putter around some and I have to admit, this is one hell of a bike.
Drive safe, always wear a seatbelt.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote