Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 29th June 2010, 08:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
Hi buddy, first congratulations on "THE DIESEL ROCKET", many wishes for lot of planets to discover .

i dont own one as of now but am doing one surely, so I was searching the threads for information on In car Entertainmnent with inbuilt GPS.

I even tried contacting one of the dealers on ebay about the Car security and other functions which is there in the Smart Screen.
To which he replied they transfer these features in the ICE system they provide.

Do let me know if you find one in india or are trying to import one.
Would really appreciate if you can keep me posted on the same.
Thanks, Gagan. For the ease of service/repair, I would prefer a product that is readily available in India. Unfortunately at the moment there aren't too many options for us and I'm contemplating buying one of the following:
  • SatGuide has a product with all the features that costs approximately INR 35K. It is currently available on Ford Endeavor. Here's the URL for the product: Satguide Offers Best Portable Car Gps Navigation System
  • CASKA Car Navigation & Multimedia system is shortly launching a special product for Cruze. I've seen their ads in Auto Car and am eagerly looking forward to this product.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted on what I finally go with.
narendra_urs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 08:42   #62
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
[*]Engine (This is my first diesel car. But my transition my petrol to diesel was super smooth with this ultra refined / silent engine)
Congratulations and best wishes, narendra_urs, on your becoming a proud owner of a precious automobile.
J.Ravi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 11:40   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
CASKA Car Navigation & Multimedia system is shortly launching a special product for Cruze. I've seen their ads in Auto Car and am eagerly looking forward to this product.
I think thats CASKA 3610 model no. Do you have any idea when it will be launched and what could be its tentative pricing?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2010, 16:18   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think thats CASKA 3610 model no. Do you have any idea when it will be launched and what could be its tentative pricing?
You are right. The product is already available in India. The cost is around INR. 48,000. Even this has a SatGuide based GPS unit.

Key Specifications/Special Features:
  • 16:9 TFT 800 x 480 high-definition digital screen
  • Virtual 6 disks CDC
  • DVD full touch operation
  • Video zoom in and out
  • IPAS-intelligent parking assistant system
  • iPod supporter and Bluetooth with A2DP
  • Steering wheel control smart match
  • New style EQ mode display
  • New graphical user interface
  • USB port, dual zone, screen saver, media and NAVI SD port
  • Play music and video while NAVI
  • PAL/NTSC/SECAM, perfect compatibility
  • DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MPEG4/CD-R/WMA/JPEG play back
  • Optional: NAVI/ TPMS/OBD/TV BOX/Rearview sensor/camera/handbrake control
Caska
Old 1st July 2010, 12:38   #65
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. The product is already available in India. The cost is around INR. 48,000. Even this has a SatGuide based GPS unit.

Key Specifications/Special Features:
  • 16:9 TFT 800 x 480 high-definition digital screen
  • Virtual 6 disks CDC
  • DVD full touch operation
  • Video zoom in and out
  • IPAS-intelligent parking assistant system
  • iPod supporter and Bluetooth with A2DP
  • Steering wheel control smart match
  • New style EQ mode display
  • New graphical user interface
  • USB port, dual zone, screen saver, media and NAVI SD port
  • Play music and video while NAVI
  • PAL/NTSC/SECAM, perfect compatibility
  • DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MPEG4/CD-R/WMA/JPEG play back
  • Optional: NAVI/ TPMS/OBD/TV BOX/Rearview sensor/camera/handbrake control
Caska
Congrats Narendra for the beast (yes, it is indeed a beauty with mighty heart).
However AFAIK HD or high def. is min. 720p or 1280 X 720 resolution and 800 X 480 cannot be high def.
Turbo Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:00   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
However AFAIK HD or high def. is min. 720p or 1280 X 720 resolution and 800 X 480 cannot be high def.
Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of this. I spoke to Neeraj from AUTOTRENTDZ in Kolkatta and he still claims that it is an HD. Anyways, the product will be available in Bangalore in a bit. I'll check the equipment in person and take a call.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:58   #67
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Though OT, wanted to clarify this - 1280 X 720 is the video resolution, but 800 X 480 is the display/pixel resolution.
There is a possibility that it can handle HD video content, but renders with the lower display resolution.
However, I dont see any HD video support in the list of "play back".
So, "high-definition digital screen" could simply be a marketing term, nothing to be serious about it

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 09:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the purchase! It truly is one of the best buys in the market right now.

I would like to advice you caution on touching insanely high speeds during test runs. Never having seen the NICE road, I can't comment how safe it was. But, speed of 200+ are never safe.
And then your wife, who usually never drives, driving at 160 is again a very scary idea. Please be careful!
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 17:28   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Congrats on the purchase! It truly is one of the best buys in the market right now.

I would like to advice you caution on touching insanely high speeds during test runs. Never having seen the NICE road, I can't comment how safe it was. But, speed of 200+ are never safe.
And then your wife, who usually never drives, driving at 160 is again a very scary idea. Please be careful!
Thanks, Buddy. I completely agree with you. In general, roads in India aren't designed for speeds in excess of 120 kmph. Having said that I must admit I've almost always driven at speeds higher than that in the last many years. In fact, about an year back I did 197 kms between Kurnul and Hyderabad in flat 1 hour 11 minutes (as recorded in the GPS). I also wanted to start a new thread on this forum titled "Highest average speed in a journey of 1 hour or more", but quickly realized that I may instigate a debate that would encourage more people to drive at insane speeds & hence kept quite.

On the day of test drive, I took a chance to test the motor for the following reasons:
  1. The test drive car had just completed the running in period and the chances are mechanical / electrical failures are very low
  2. It was Sunday afternoon with virtually no traffic at all
  3. The Mysore road to Magadi road stretch on the Nice road is pretty straight with clear view of the road ahead (up to 2 kms).
  4. Very low cross-winds
  5. Last but not the least, I'd never done 200+ kmph before that
Old 7th July 2010, 07:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely understand how you feel.

I drive a lot on highways and all, I have seen many accidents take place right in front of me.

Sometimes, everything can be going right... and yet it can all go wrong. At speeds like that, the reaction time is reduced to levels we can not match. Anticipation can only take you so far... if something completely shocking comes up, one never has the time to react quickly. Add to that the fact that you were driving this car for the first time.

I know that I have no right to be preachy, but I would ask you to put a price on your life and you'll see it far exceeds the thrill of 200.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 08:12   #71
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase. It is giving a tough fight to other products like Honda Civic and Toyota Altis, because of the price point.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 08:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Absolutely understand how you feel.

I drive a lot on highways and all, I have seen many accidents take place right in front of me.

Sometimes, everything can be going right... and yet it can all go wrong. At speeds like that, the reaction time is reduced to levels we can not match. Anticipation can only take you so far... if something completely shocking comes up, one never has the time to react quickly. Add to that the fact that you were driving this car for the first time.

I know that I have no right to be preachy, but I would ask you to put a price on your life and you'll see it far exceeds the thrill of 200.
Can't agree more, buddy. Life is far too precious and shouldn't be gambled with for the sake of high speed thrill. Especially in a country like India with so many law-breakers on the roads it is too risky.
Old 7th July 2010, 08:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Congrats on the purchase. It is giving a tough fight to other products like Honda Civic and Toyota Altis, because of the price point.
Thanks, Johnny. Fight to Toyota Altis, definitely yes. However, it has already left Honda Civic far behind (at least in India). I don't think price is the only reason, if that had been the case then Linea should have surpassed Honda City long ago. Cruze has a lot of things going for it like, the economy of diesel, new features for the segment, refreshing looks, powerful engine, etc.,
Old 7th July 2010, 14:51   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks, Johnny. Fight to Toyota Altis, definitely yes. However, it has already left Honda Civic far behind (at least in India). I don't think price is the only reason, if that had been the case then Linea should have surpassed Honda City long ago. Cruze has a lot of things going for it like, the economy of diesel, new features for the segment, refreshing looks, powerful engine, etc.,
+1. Sales figures are there for everyone to see. Civic is doing <500/month whereas, Cruze is around 800/month and slowly but, steadily increasing month-on-month.

Chevrolet brand in india is not popular as in Honda so its taking time for people to accept Cruze and i am sure it will garner much better numbers as word of mouth of owners experience is known to prospective buyers in the market.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 15:06   #75
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
[*] Last but not the least, I'd never done 200+ kmph before that [/list]
I know exactly how you feel there. I did a 250 kmph (electronically limited; the car wouldn't let me go beyond that) once just to see what it felt like. Never felt the urge to do that again. But, heck, it was an awesome experience. Though i do 200+ often, i will always say, ROADS IN INDIA ARE NOT MEANT FOR SPEEDS ABOVE 150 kmph. OTHER DRIVERS ON THE ROAD BRING THAT THRESHOLD TO 120 kmph.
Akki_5 is offline   Reply With Quote