Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 12:54   #106
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Haha ok ok, it was a bit slow, but then like I said about the same as using paddles on a Civic. And stop comparing it to your bimmers auto
Oh yeah the Civic is as bad.

Arre yaar it's got nothing to do with the Beemer! In fact just the other day I was telling Platzda about how the Beemer's A/T was no great shakes. It's impressive for a non dual-clutch auto, sure, but the DSG shames it.
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 13:08   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bombay
Posts: 956
Thanked: 90 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

In fact just the other day I was telling Platzda about how the Beemer's A/T was no great shakes. It's impressive for a non dual-clutch auto, sure, but the DSG shames it.
>>> I thought the Bimmers had the best autos in the business, outside the exotics. Had no opportunity to compare the DSG with those of the Bimmers- have to do so now, given your opinion.

Regards
issigonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 15:09   #108
Distinguished - BHPian
 
FlyingSpur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 3,937
Thanked: 1,331 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> I thought the Bimmers had the best autos in the business, outside the exotics. Had no opportunity to compare the DSG with those of the Bimmers- have to do so now, given your opinion.
No question, Sir. I've not driven anything obscenely expensive yet, but driven a lot of autos this side of the 5 / E / A6. DSG's are the best in the business. Maybe my opinion is owing to the fact that I've not driven any other dual-clutch auto except the DSG, all others are the conventional torque converter type. And this opinion is across the Superb / Laura / Passat. I thought you would know, you drive one everyday
FlyingSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2010, 09:15   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, what would be the cost of project lights and Caska? Caska If i am not wrong is Rs.45,000
I'm yet to come across Projector lights that is designed exclusively for Cruze. I'm guessing that it should cost around 25K. The Caska costs around 48.7K.
narendra_urs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 18:19   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Yesterday, I got CASKA 3610 ICE and TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitor System installed in my Cruze. Here's the cost breakup.

CASKA ICE System: Rs. 46,990
TPMS: Rs. 11,000
Reverse Camera: Rs. 4,000
SatGuide maps: Rs. 2,000
Installation: Rs. 1,000

I'll let the pictures narrate the features for you.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-1.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-2.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-3.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-4.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-5.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-6.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-7.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-8.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-9.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-10.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-17.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-18.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-19.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-11.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-12.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-13.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-14.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-15.jpg  

My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!!-16.jpg  

narendra_urs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 23:24   #111
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Looks good. Are the stock ICE controls of any use or are they just showpieces now?
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 23:50   #112
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 460
Thanked: 63 Times
Default

Excellent choice and good pics, does the DVD big enough to be seen from the back seat, how is the view from the rear seat, any pic possible?
balajird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 23:59   #113
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

i noticed the DVD setting on the central screen.
Exactly contrary to this, NO movies are allowed to be played on the central multimedia screen in the front as a safety feature in the Audi. Movies can only be watched in the 2 rear screens. Even the TV function goes off beyond 10 kph as a safety feature.
Make sure you never let the movies distract you

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 20th September 2010 at 00:00.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 09:05   #114
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Looks good. Are the stock ICE controls of any use or are they just showpieces now?
The best part of the CASKA setup is that the stock ICE continue to work like before.

I forgot to put up the pictures of Phone connectivity through Bluetooth. Using the phone feature one can transfer the contacts from phone directory to the CASKA's phone book and dial out using the touch screen. The only issue is that while the DVD player and call receive are mutually exclusive, the stock CD player and call receive aren't mutually exclusive (for obvious reasons). We need to explicitly mute the CD player to receive a call.
narendra_urs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 10:38   #115
Team-BHP Support
 
Akshay1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,762
Thanked: 6,670 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
The best part of the CASKA setup is that the stock ICE continue to work like before.

I forgot to put up the pictures of Phone connectivity through Bluetooth. Using the phone feature one can transfer the contacts from phone directory to the CASKA's phone book and dial out using the touch screen. The only issue is that while the DVD player and call receive are mutually exclusive, the stock CD player and call receive aren't mutually exclusive (for obvious reasons). We need to explicitly mute the CD player to receive a call.
In that case you should just use your CDs in the DVD player. Im sure it will play audio CDs or MP3s.
Akshay1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 11:00   #116
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,714
Thanked: 9,012 Times
Default

@narendra_urs The Caska HU looks very good and blends with the interiors perfectly. I do have some questions regarding the HU.
  1. Is it a Touchscreen?
  2. How many Pre-outs does this HU have?
  3. How did you find the audio quality after the upgrade? Did you upgrade the speakers too?
  4. Does it come with a warranty?
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 19:13   #117
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
i noticed the DVD setting on the central screen.
Exactly contrary to this, NO movies are allowed to be played on the central multimedia screen in the front as a safety feature in the Audi. Movies can only be watched in the 2 rear screens. Even the TV function goes off beyond 10 kph as a safety feature.
Make sure you never let the movies distract you
Doesn't the Audi boast of many more safety features than just disabling the DVD/TV on the move?

On a serious note, I'm a huge fan of GPS, addict is a better term. The in-dash GPS feature is the primary reason for me to get the CASKA installed. Hence no worries for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@narendra_urs The Caska HU looks very good and blends with the interiors perfectly. I do have some questions regarding the HU.
  1. Is it a Touchscreen?
  2. How many Pre-outs does this HU have?
  3. How did you find the audio quality after the upgrade? Did you upgrade the speakers too?
  4. Does it come with a warranty?
Yup, it is a touchscreen unit that is very convenient to use.
Two
I didn't upgrade the speakers. The stock ones are pretty decent.
1 year

Last edited by .anshuman : 20th September 2010 at 21:24. Reason: Back to back posts in less than 20 minutes.
narendra_urs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 09:36   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
PlatzdaTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,304
Thanked: 314 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_urs View Post
Doesn't the Audi boast of many more safety features than just disabling the DVD/TV on the move?
Sure does. Precisely why i was taken aback by the movie playing on the central screen.
PlatzdaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2010, 13:42   #119
BHPian
 
harpreetkanwar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 92
Thanked: 45 Times
Default What about the controls

That's a great install but what about the usual controls for Air conditioning, car settings, etc. ? Do they still pop on the screen ?
The GUI is not at all impressive.

I am seriously thinking of buying one of these babies listed on Ebay. Though would miss the 6cd Changer ! Perhaps an external one later would do !
harpreetkanwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 09:44   #120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetkanwar View Post
That's a great install but what about the usual controls for Air conditioning, car settings, etc. ? Do they still pop on the screen ?
The GUI is not at all impressive.

I am seriously thinking of buying one of these babies listed on Ebay. Though would miss the 6cd Changer ! Perhaps an external one later would do !
The touchscreen interface can be used only for Navigation, DVD, IPOD & Aux connectivity, TPMS, TV, Phone connectivity via Bluetooth & Rear camera. The standard features available in the car such as CD player, Auto AC and other controls aren't accessible through the touchscreen.

I agree the GUI isn't all that great. The CASKA unit for CRV or Altis looks far superior. However in terms of features and usefulness, I love it to the core.
narendra_urs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford Aspire TDCi : My Blue Bombardier, flying low on tarmac EDIT : 37,000kms COMPLETED mobike008 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 418 15th December 2017 09:17
The Abominable (Skoda) Yeti *UPDATE* 20,000Kms Update on Pg.14 SushilBajpai Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 281 8th December 2016 16:08
Chevrolet Cruze LTZ-Ownership Report_EDIT: 41,000kms Update sameer sultan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 362 15th October 2016 19:54
Silver Hawk - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic UPDATE : 1 year & 15,580 kms done !!! RishiSuri Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 108 10th October 2016 11:00
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!! mobike008 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 1348 12th January 2015 10:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:00.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks