Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2011, 16:23   #121
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Hi Anshuman ,

The white deposit on the door pads on the power window switches is a very quick fix . I've seen this whitening on almost all cars .

Just get a good dashboard polish and rub it on and am sure it should look just like new . I myself have done about 6000 Kms in the 15 months that
Yes the dashboard polish takes care of the whitening to an extent, but the effect is temporary for just a few days. I rare every use dashboard polish for my other cars, even my 2002 Indica DLS never required dashboard polish this frequently. For Accent and Elantra i never had use it at all.
Old 28th February 2011, 22:54   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Yes the dashboard polish takes care of the whitening to an extent, but the effect is temporary for just a few days.
Anshuman, I had serious issues with whiteness on the rear doors, so much so that I told the folks at Techno(najafgarh) that I want replacement, as the rear door plastics didnt look like that of a 7 month old car. I had tried Formula 1 spray can (on recommendation) , but it failed miserably infact left more whiteness than ever. The guys at techno were convinced that its a case for replacement, took photos and asked me to give them one chance (considering it was my first visit to them) with their own shiner/polish and told me that if the whiteness got back in a fortnight, they'd replace without any questions.

So they applied some 3M mixture (thats what the supervisor told me and boy, its been close two months, its stayed super clean and shiny without a trace of whiteness on the rear doors. I had it applied to the front near windshield plastics on the outside, even that stayed good for a month but then whiteness returned, I think one could blame it on the dustt, heat, the rains and daily washing et all.

Try them sometime, if you haven't already done that !

Last edited by better4worse : 28th February 2011 at 22:55.
Old 5th April 2011, 10:32   #123
Team-BHP Support

Default Another breakdown

Another Breakdown: I received a call from Dad this morning. Punto had stalled on the the road, the clutch was stuck. I suggested him to get the car towed to a Fiat SC.

The car is now at a Panchkula Fiat SC, they have identified some part(Maybe servo assembly, not sure) but service center says they cannot process the warranty claim as they are not full fledged Fiat dealers(then why do they attend Fiats and even keep parts in stock). The car will now be taken to the Chandigarh ASC.

This is the second time the car has broken down on road. It's quite surprising as the car has not even completed 40k kms. Even my old gen Tata Indica v2 proved to be more reliable than this one as it never broke down on road in it's entire 150k kms span with me.

Last edited by .anshuman : 5th April 2011 at 10:33.
Old 5th April 2011, 10:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

Who bears the towing charges from panchkula to CHD? Will it be reimbursed to you?
Old 5th April 2011, 11:24   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
Who bears the towing charges from panchkula to CHD? Will it be reimbursed to you?
The owner will have to pay the towing charges.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:54   #126
Senior - BHPian

if you have taken the RSA company pays the towing charges.
i guess the clutch cylinder has broken. fiat had called the old customers to change the clutch cylinder. earlier the CSC was made of some cheap plastic which used to break off. now its changed to alloy.
Old 5th April 2011, 11:59   #127
Team-BHP Support

Dad has finally dropped the car at Joshi Auto Chandigarh. They have the part in stock and have accepted the warranty claim, the work is on. I have also asked them for Steering lock and driver's seat replacement, let's see if they can arrange the parts which the ASC in Hisar could not do for over 3 months.
Old 6th April 2011, 15:19   #128
BHPian

That's the one thing I liked about the Punto, I thought it to be reliable. Now even that claim is difficult to make.
Even i'm having issues with my Punto and the A.S.S is horrible.

Wishing your car a speedy recovery.
Old 6th April 2011, 20:49   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dad has finally dropped the car at Joshi Auto Chandigarh. They have the part in stock and have accepted the warranty claim, the work is on. I have also asked them for Steering lock and driver's seat replacement, let's see if they can arrange the parts which the ASC in Hisar could not do for over 3 months.
Anshuman,

What all parts are being replaced ?
Old 6th April 2011, 22:31   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
if you have taken the RSA company pays the towing charges.
i guess the clutch cylinder has broken. fiat had called the old customers to change the clutch cylinder. earlier the CSC was made of some cheap plastic which used to break off. now its changed to alloy.
Exactly what had happened to my colleague's Punto! His was a 2010 Jan car and it had the plastic one. He stalled traffic on NH

TASS was prompt but didnt allow him to take pix. They knew about TBHP :(
Old 9th April 2011, 23:37   #131
Team-BHP Support

It was the plastic clutch cylinder which had broken down. It has now been replaced with a metal one. The ASC staff said it was a known issue and said they are changing this on all the cars. The previous ASCs where the car went for service should have changed the part earlier.

So the car broke down on the road second time in recent months, only because of negligence of the ASC. I am not interested to pursue the matter with Fiat India as i already know how things work with them. God save Tata-Fiat, mark my words here, this is the last Tata-Fiat car in my family.

@Fiat Punto owners: Please get your cars inspected to check whether your car has this defective plastic clutch cylinder, if Yes, get it replaced ASAP.
Old 10th April 2011, 00:26   #132
Senior - BHPian

This is the reason Lineas's and Punto's never sell much. By the way whom do you consider better WRT reliability and A.S.S?
Fiat or Skoda?
Old 10th April 2011, 00:46   #133
BHPian

anshuman is this the problem with lineas as well?
Old 10th April 2011, 10:36   #134
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
@Fiat Punto owners: Please get your cars inspected to check whether your car has this defective plastic clutch cylinder, if Yes, get it replaced ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
anshuman is this the problem with lineas as well?
Now, clutch slave cylinder [steel] is fitted into Lineas and Puntos whenever complaints are raised even where metallic CSC is fitted. My Linea - already with a metallic CSC - got a new steel one fitted under warranty ten days back at Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, when I complained against a bit hard clutch and difficulty while engaging reverse gear.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 10th April 2011 at 10:37.
Old 12th April 2011, 14:00   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was the plastic clutch cylinder which had broken down. It has now been replaced with a metal one. The ASC staff said it was a known issue and said they are changing this on all the cars. The previous ASCs where the car went for service should have changed the part earlier.

So the car broke down on the road second time in recent months, only because of negligence of the ASC. I am not interested to pursue the matter with Fiat India as i already know how things work with them. God save Tata-Fiat, mark my words here, this is the last Tata-Fiat car in my family.

Is this something different than the cylinder replacement that was announced long time back?
Closed Thread