Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 22:43   #166
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Its just 7500km old

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations Doctor Saab for being the 1st owner of LT on TBHP.

I completely missed out your ownership. Do you have a thread running here on the forum? If yes, kindly direct me to it. Also do share the latest pictures of your beauty please.
I do not have the ownership thread on the forum but have written on various threads about the Cruze.I do not have any new pictures.

Would appreciate some key inputs from an LT owner would help. How much running have you done with your LT in last 8 months? Whats the city and highway average that your experiencing?
I have travelled about 7500km and its giving me about 14km in 30%city and 70%highway drive. Please note that from my lot onwards the turbo spools in at about 1280rpm and hence the fuel efficiency is less than those with earlier cars where the turbo kicks in at about 1700rpm. I am thankful though that it has good acceleration since I used to drive a GTX before the Cruze and that was a pocket rocket to the core. If I might add here the GTX is better than the Cruze in every single aspect except acceleration and braking. Raveendra will concur with my viewpoint even when compared to his Skoda. Heck to beat the GTX you have to buy yourself the cheapest model of the 3 series BMW. Boohoohoo I miss my GTX.

Any other inputs that you feel like sharing would be super
I have some posts about mods for the Cruze and some of the links are
VM Motori S.p.A.
SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
Sign In - Chevrolet Cruze Forum
Electrical Wiring Diagram 2009 5. ECM (ENGINE CONTROL MODULE) : EDC16C39 (DIESEL)
ChipTunaWarehouse
Alientech Powergate | Mobile Ecu Remaping
Alientech
My answers are in bold with a few links about mods for the Cruze.
After the warranty is over you can give Viagra for your Cruze in the form a factory approved remap which is with warranty in Europe with neck snapping acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The engine will work more like a tire shredder and we probably will end up with neck strap sooner than later.
Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition Packs 186 Horsepower - autoevolution
AMI 2010: Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition with 186HP - Carscoop

Last edited by drpullockaran : 13th August 2010 at 22:48.
drpullockaran is offline  
Old 14th August 2010, 01:22   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 405 Times
Default

LOL, what can I say!

I said this on facebook last month: "On a journey this long, the comfort factor is very important. The GTX might have been more fun but not as fatigue free as in the Le Tank. . . . . . The top speeds of both my cars is about the same but, the cruising speed of the Le Tank is much higher. Another boon in the Skoda is that the headlights are much better than in the Fiat."

Yes, the GTX is much more of a driver's car than most others. The handling on the Palio is something to die for and that smooth revving NA petrol engine belting out those high notes is a joy to experience. Driving joy is not about numbers and spec sheets, there is something intangible about what makes a car good or great. I like the Skoda on long drives for the benefits of its longer wheelbase and softer (relative to the GTX) suspension as well as its more expensive NVH levels & interirors which make it a natural highway cruiser.

Yups as the good doc has said, I love my GTX and just thinking about driving it brings a smile to my face. If only I had the money to buy a '3' . . . . . . I would have bought myself several more GTXs .

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline  
Old 14th August 2010, 18:09   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
who would buy LTZ then? :-P
I have a query NP23 and i guess Avi you can also take a note of it. Whenever i drive my Cruze in rains it starts circulating cool air even if the AC is turned off(but the blower is on). I mean its like as if Cruze has automatic sensors to detect rain or wet climate and it automatically starts circulating cool air from the blowers. This happens everytime when its raining and its not a one off case. Also it doesn't matter if i turn on/off the ac, it just keeps on circulating the cool air. And whenever the climate is normal or its not raining it circulates normal air so there's nothing wrong with the AC as such. Inputs guys???
Sir I drove in the rain today to check the same, there did not seem to be such an issue in my car but the problem of the widnows fogging especially driver side and front windscreen is very much there.Please ask if you have any other query .
np23 is offline  
Old 15th August 2010, 08:08   #169
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
My answers are in bold with a few links about mods for the Cruze.
After the warranty is over you can give Viagra for your Cruze in the form a factory approved remap which is with warranty in Europe with neck snapping acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear. The engine will work more like a tire shredder and we probably will end up with neck strap sooner than later.
Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition Packs 186 Horsepower - autoevolution
AMI 2010: Chevrolet Cruze Irmscher Edition with 186HP - Carscoop
Thanks for those links Doc. Are these mods available in India?

Btw, you rightly mentioned about the earlier Cruze coming into powerband as late as 1700rpm. If you read my initial posts, i always mentioned an earlier RPM ( 12XX) when i notice the car snarls its head up to show its power. So I guess in all newer lots the turbolag situation has been curbed to an extent.

Btw, last week i completed my first tankful and entire run was in city with 100% AC bumper to bumper traffic with each day several minutes of idyling. Got an average of 10.50 KMPL.

I am a bit disappointed as was hoping 12kmpl atleast in city and 14kmpl-15kmpl on highway runs. Am i expecting too much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
LOL, what can I say!

I said this on facebook last month: "On a journey this long, the comfort factor is very important. The GTX might have been more fun but not as fatigue free as in the Le Tank. . . . . . The top speeds of both my cars is about the same but, the cruising speed of the Le Tank is much higher. Another boon in the Skoda is that the headlights are much better than in the Fiat."

Yes, the GTX is much more of a driver's car than most others. The handling on the Palio is something to die for and that smooth revving NA petrol engine belting out those high notes is a joy to experience. Driving joy is not about numbers and spec sheets, there is something intangible about what makes a car good or great. I like the Skoda on long drives for the benefits of its longer wheelbase and softer (relative to the GTX) suspension as well as its more expensive NVH levels & interirors which make it a natural highway cruiser.

Yups as the good doc has said, I love my GTX and just thinking about driving it brings a smile to my face. If only I had the money to buy a '3' . . . . . . I would have bought myself several more GTXs .

Cheers,
Ravvs, been a fan of Palios ever since i was fascinated with cars. But, as you know me, i cannot own a car that just has to stand in the driveway ( practicality is highly important for me to own a car) for the simple reason that i cannot afford a car that burns a litre to every 6-7km going by our driving style

Hope to buy it in my re-birth...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Sir I drove in the rain today to check the same, there did not seem to be such an issue in my car but the problem of the widnows fogging especially driver side and front windscreen is very much there.Please ask if you have any other query .
NP, What do you to to resolve this fogging issue? Not that i am too worried as monsoon will get over in a month or so. But, its always good to know the solution.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 15th August 2010, 08:24   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Btw, last week i completed my first tankful and entire run was in city with 100% AC bumper to bumper traffic with each day several minutes of idyling. Got an average of 10.50 KMPL.

I am a bit disappointed as was hoping 12kmpl atleast in city and 14kmpl-15kmpl on highway runs. Am i expecting too much?
Your mileage will improve as the engine gets run-in. Its still very fresh. You need the engine to open up a bit
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 15th August 2010, 11:08   #171
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
NP, What do you to to resolve this fogging issue? Not that i am too worried as monsoon will get over in a month or so. But, its always good to know the solution.
I forgot to mention that fogging happens even at times when there is no rain sometiems,the window fogging problem was there in my swift also and its solution is to ensure that the side AC vents dont point towards the windows and you will be fine,for the windscreen using the wiper occasionally helps but I am trying to find a solutioon to this,whoeer finds it first will obviously tell the other
np23 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 00:05   #172
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ERNAKULAM
Posts: 947
Thanked: 317 Times
Default Believe me running in period is more than 7500 for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for those links Doc. Are these mods available in India?
The only mod that is approved by GM in Europe is the Irmscher remap. Under no circumstances should you over fuel the engine without increasing turbo boost like its done in all the diesel tuning boxes sold all over the world.I have no clue as to how RaceDynamics control the turbo boost if they do that is. Do not use any tuning box that does not control the turbo completely. The right way is to remove the ECU which takes about 15 seconds and send it to the European GM Chevy division for a remap along with 950 Euros. Removing the battery terminals before touching the ECU is a given which will take about 30 seconds. There are a few remap tuners in India too but have no clue about the life of the engine after these mods are done locally.


I am a bit disappointed as was hoping 12kmpl atleast in city and 14kmpl-15kmpl on highway runs. Am i expecting too much?
You will not get more than 11 if your turbo is spooled up which means above 1280rpm. Those who had earlier maps with turbo lag will definitely get better average than you and me. Getting 15 on the highway is dead easy if driven at 1200 to 1700rpm which is the rpm when the bigger vanes of the turbo has not kicked in. The idea is to run the engine with the smaller vanes of the turbo working. But with so much power at your command I am dead sure you will not be able to control your right foot. I never could and I drive between 1500rpm to 3000rpm. I once touched 4000rpm for the first time today since I bought the car and I do not think I ever again will with the present set of hard compound tires.
If CPH from this forum agrees to do a remap for my ECU here in India I will get it done from him and that too only the Irmsher remap values. He has been doing remaps for many years now and modding of cars for 30 years and more I guess
drpullockaran is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 00:18   #173
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Ashish, Actually the fog is always outside and i confirm this by using my hand to wipe from inside but, nothing happens.
Avinash, fog (condensation) outside means the air inside is too cold. The window also gets cold and causes the air outside to condense. The best way to overcome this is to match the inside and outside temperatures if you have climate control. Else, just switch off the AC altogether and use the blower only (or roll down the windows -- which is painful if it's raining).

If there's mist forming on the inside of the windscreen then it's the opposite, so just direct the blower's blast on to the windscreen (but don't overdo it because you'll then cause condensation outside ). So beyond a point it becomes a balancing act.

Hope that helps.

How was your trip to the forest today? Today's the first calendar day my car didn't see action (I'm cooped up at home "trying" to deliver to deadlines ). It rained so hard today that we got a lake outside of our home. Luckily I was on my bike (had gone out for some small hopping). The wheels were entirely submerged. I'm sure the Civic couldn't have taken it!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 13:58   #174
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default Chevrolet Cruze = Insane Power !!!!!

Yesterday, it finally happened after 15 days---I mean get on a highway and stretch White Annihilator's legs.

Decided to head to Anantgiri Hills and Vikarabad Forest which is roughly about 90kms from Hyderabad, a round trip was close to 200kms. Plan was to just drive till there have a nice picnic lunch, enjoy the weather ( it was quite sultry yesterday) and return back home.

This road is not highway type but, broad in some sections and mostly narrow with a lot of undulations as the roads arent straight but, curvy, bumpy and moreover with rains some sections had become quite terrible with potholes etc.

I can summarize my drive in one word--TOTALLY EXHILIRATING !!!

Chevy has not named the car a "Diesel Rocket" for nothing. This beast of an engine throws out its brutal power so effortlessly you feel carried away in all that creamy power. During the entire drive, 80% of the time, i never crossed 2K RPM and honestly speaking there is no need to unless you have this crazy urge of downshifting to lower gears and feel the terrific surge of its power.

I touched a maximum speed of 150kmph and what really amazed me was i was taking some steep curves and turns at 100kmph-110kmph and i never realized that i was at that speed and only when i glanced at the speedo that i struck me that i'am taking turns at those speeds which would be not possible on any other smaller car. It felt so different having experiencing it for first time since all cars that i owned before this were not that great handlers and this car displayed some handling prowess that was simply mindblowing.

There is so much power on tap, I feel you neednt even cross 2500RPM ever as staying till that range will ensure you get in and out of any kind of situations including overtaking manevoures as long as you downshift to a maximum of 3rd gear.

To summarize- Cruze has so much amount of brutal power--Its almost Scary. The real usage of that famous proverb " Respect the Power & Drive Responsibly" applies to all Cruze drivers in India.

That area was entirely green as it received a lot of rains in the last few days and there is a small ghat section that i climbed down to a beautiful portion just below a small hill and plonked the car in that green backdrop for some photography.

Expect a lot of pictures coming your way in next few posts. Beginning with a few teasers ( Me with my White Annihilator)

Enjoy !
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4245.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4280.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4281.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 14:07   #175
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

great to know your experience on the ghats,now I cant wait till friday to go to Chandigarh (NH1).Upload more pictures quickly please
np23 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 14:18   #176
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Cruze for sure is one of the best highway cruiser this side of 30 lacs. The way it attains speed of 150-160 is a sheer joke. And in no time this car has the ability to cross 180-190 , you really have to be careful on an empty road. If you play in the range of 2K-4.5K rpm range then you literally are the king of the road!
ashish22 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 14:36   #177
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

@ Avi: So is the running -in over or not?

The handling on curves, is it because of the of upgraded tyres?

Please post more pictures!
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 15:19   #178
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Your so right Ashish and NP23, this car is simply unbelievable on a highway !

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
If CPH from this forum agrees to do a remap for my ECU here in India I will get it done from him and that too only the Irmsher remap values. He has been doing remaps for many years now and modding of cars for 30 years and more I guess
Sounds great. But, maybe after a couple of years when the feeling of this power wanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Avinash, fog (condensation) outside means the air inside is too cold. The window also gets cold and causes the air outside to condense. The best way to overcome this is to match the inside and outside temperatures if you have climate control. Else, just switch off the AC altogether and use the blower only (or roll down the windows -- which is painful if it's raining).

If there's mist forming on the inside of the windscreen then it's the opposite, so just direct the blower's blast on to the windscreen (but don't overdo it because you'll then cause condensation outside ). So beyond a point it becomes a balancing act.

Hope that helps.

How was your trip to the forest today? Today's the first calendar day my car didn't see action (I'm cooped up at home "trying" to deliver to deadlines ). It rained so hard today that we got a lake outside of our home. Luckily I was on my bike (had gone out for some small hopping). The wheels were entirely submerged. I'm sure the Civic couldn't have taken it!

Regards,
spadix
Thanks Prashant for those useful tips, will try them out next time. The drive was awesome as you can see from my description in my previous post. Hope you too take out the civic on the highway to enjoy its true performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@ Avi: So is the running -in over or not?

The handling on curves, is it because of the of upgraded tyres?

Please post more pictures!
Not yet Dude. I completed 900kms and not sure if i can attribute the handling just alone to tyres. But, it was a fantastic feeling, take those ghat section type of curves at those speeds without even feeling it

Here are some front and side profile pics amidst that lush greenry
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4260.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4259.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4254.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4261.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4258.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4262.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 15:50   #179
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,739
Thanked: 7,946 Times
Default

Here are some more pictures of its side profile and view from back.

Handsome..errr..Beautiful...isnt she?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4265.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4266.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4268.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4270.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 16th August 2010, 16:09   #180
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 198
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here are some more pictures of its side profile and view from back.

Handsome..errr..Beautiful...isnt she?

She is really looking beautiful. Could have made it better if those parking sensors and mudflaps were body colored
Repsol is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
My new Chevrolet Cruze in White! EDIT : PICS on Page 2 SubuS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 23rd May 2012 15:17
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz Pumpy_Raj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 24th February 2012 15:51
I chose to Cruze, with a white Cruze LTZ ajay mathew Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 16th June 2010 15:13
Little Spark of Happiness has arrived - Chevrolet Spark LT JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 15th November 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks