Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 15:33   #256
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Shimla, HP
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

I took the cruze for a test drive and i loved it a lot but did not like the lack of rear leg room :( i would guess its about 600-630mm when the front seat is maxed out.

I loved the engine but in a city like Shimla it does not matter much. Pondering if i should get a Linea emotion pack or a Cruze LT "Cant spend the extra 2L on the LTZ"
ajai_dev is offline  
Old 27th August 2010, 16:04   #257
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Hey Avinash, congrats on crossing 1000 kms and one month! It feels good (save the bit about the Civic) reading your initial ownership summary for this period.

BQ is getting there soon too. She's currently marooned at 973 for the last two days because of the pond outside my house. I'll update my thread once I hit the landmark (hopefully this weekend).

So what's your "running out" (in more ways than one) plan after WA returns from her first service?

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 27th August 2010, 16:11   #258
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

Very happy for you.
This is exactly what every car owner MUST feel.
Thanks Imran !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
great 1st service report and boy you are covering distances. My cruze has done 3200 kms yet in 7 months :-P
And yes i agree, the 3rd gear is the one which will leave just about any car behind. Even i shift around 1800 rpm in 1st and 2nd gear and 3rd gear shift comes at minimum 3K rpm, and you know why :-D
Thanks Ashish. Actually my running is pretty average. Not too high and not too low. Roughly about 1200kms per month or little more.

Compare to Sameer Sultan, our cars are standing in the garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats Sir.

End of the day, this is what is needed
Thanks Mahesh. Yup, this car can satisfy the demand of someone looking for a "fast car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
hey avinash congo or ur white cruze!! What can I say. Yours is the most elaborate thread on TBHP for cruze. white looks awesome. specially the anantgiri hill pix are too good.

I need to change the tires as I m getting a humming noise filtering into the cabin. The service guys told me its the noise from the sport tires.

How much did the conti's cost?

I need that silent cabin in my cruze too.

BTW in my recent trip to Goa I did 211KMPH will 5 people on board and full boot.
Sameer, as mentioned to you earlier. Your report on Cruze is still the most comprehensive and also instrumental in deciding on this car.

Thanks for your compliment on the pictures. I am really glad they came out so well. Its not the car but the greenry behind which did the trick for those pictures

CPC2 are the best tyres for the Cruze and their wet grip is nothing short of a miracle and are so silent on a dry road as metioned before i feel like i am gliding in a plane.

Btw, I went in for same configuration.

Price of each CPC2 tyre is Rs.8800/Tyre and JK Vectra ( brand new) costs Rs.4200/Tyre.

Look at the cost cutting these manafacturers do when they sell you such expensive cars

So in exchange, got Rs.4000/tyre for JK Vectra as exchanged when they had run < 100kms. Paid the remaining difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
I took the cruze for a test drive and i loved it a lot but did not like the lack of rear leg room :( i would guess its about 600-630mm when the front seat is maxed out.

I loved the engine but in a city like Shimla it does not matter much. Pondering if i should get a Linea emotion pack or a Cruze LT "Cant spend the extra 2L on the LTZ"
I am a regular visitor to your beautiful town. Been there each year in December from past few years. You can read about my last trip here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...just-snow.html (Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow)

For a town like Shimla, I dont think you should be even considering a long sedan like Cruze considering the number of steep turns and twisties that you have there. A powerful hatchback would be the ideal choice.

If you decide for a Cruze, please go ahead with LT ( you too seem like on "budget mode" like me) and i am confident you will never regret you decision in owning this powerful machine. However, you have to prep yourself to ward off the envious glances that comes part and parcel with the Cruze.

Finally, i am most thankful to one person who made this dream come true.

Most dearest person in my life without whom i am "nothing".

Without whom, i cannot think of acheiving anything in life.

Without whom, the joys and passion of owning this car is " Non-existent"

Who is this person? A small tribute to my dearest "MOM"
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4273.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 27th August 2010, 16:49   #259
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Shimla, HP
Posts: 109
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I am a regular visitor to your beautiful town. Been there each year in December from past few years. You can read about my last trip here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...just-snow.html (Himachal Pradesh : "The Great Hunt for Snowfall" but found just snow)

For a town like Shimla, I dont think you should be even considering a long sedan like Cruze considering the number of steep turns and twisties that you have there. A powerful hatchback would be the ideal choice.

If you decide for a Cruze, please go ahead with LT ( you too seem like on "budget mode" like me) and i am confident you will never regret you decision in owning this powerful machine. However, you have to prep yourself to ward off the envious glances that comes part and parcel with the Cruze.

Finally, i am most thankful to one person who made this dream come true.

Most dearest person in my life without whom i am "nothing".

Without whom, i cannot think of acheiving anything in life.

Without whom, the joys and passion of owning this car is " Non-existent"

Who is this person? A small tribute to my dearest "MOM"

I already drive a Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi so the Cruze will be just 250-300mm longer and fit in the parking spot i already have Great Shimla thread BTW and your MOM tribute was also A1
ajai_dev is offline  
Old 27th August 2010, 17:24   #260
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Hey Avinash, congrats on crossing 1000 kms and one month! It feels good (save the bit about the Civic) reading your initial ownership summary for this period.

BQ is getting there soon too. She's currently marooned at 973 for the last two days because of the pond outside my house. I'll update my thread once I hit the landmark (hopefully this weekend).

So what's your "running out" (in more ways than one) plan after WA returns from her first service?

Regards,
spadix
Thanks Prashant. Sorry about the Civic comparison. I think I should start comparing the Cruze with a Laura which would be quite apt.

As mentioned in my first post on this thread, like everyone else even i loved Civic always. Except that love for Cruze got overboard and is gushing out like floods that we have in our city these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
I already drive a Hyundai Accent Viva CRDi so the Cruze will be just 250-300mm longer and fit in the parking spot i already have Great Shimla thread BTW and your MOM tribute was also A1
This is eerie.

You are the 4th person that i know ( 3 are friends that i know well) who have upgraded to a Cruze from a Viva CRDi. And, please dont think its just a 250-300mm longer. It may fit in your garage. But, the overall feeling of the car is several times bigger than the Accent.

Incidentally, i too upgraded from a Accent Viva CRDi. You have touched a "Dukthe Nerve".

Just couldnt resist posting a few pictures of my ex-beloved Pete'd Red Beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_7297.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_9135.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_92991.jpg  


Last edited by mobike008 : 27th August 2010 at 17:29.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 28th August 2010, 09:54   #261
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Smile 1st Service Report : Aug 27, 2010

Dropped my car with them at 9am and got a call from them at 3pm that it was ready.

Went there and saw my car in parking lot but, i was horrified to see something that resembled some dirty brown stuff on entire body

KUN Workshop is massive and they have 3 workshops right next to each other with just a wall separating each other with an entrance to move from one workshop to another.

The 3 workshops are

KUN Hyundai
KUN Chevrolet
KUN BMW

Whilst waiting for the bill to be printed out, bumped into Team-BHPian Pmedury ( Praveen) and he checked out my White Annihilator for a brief while.

Returned inside and asked the SA about the dirty brown stuff, he said :

"Sirji, we saw lot of black little spots. You know tar that flies off during the monsoon on to your car. Infact, when i dropped my car, i never noticed it because it is really hard to spot with your naked eye"

They had poured diesel on the body after the car was throughly washed. And, 3 guys set on WA with a soft cloth and just did a straight wipe and Voila, it was shining like a new diamond

Kudos to KUN service for going that extra step !!!!!!!!!

I am pleased with their prompt response and special attention ( maybe because of being a D segment customer) with a few other SA's also coming over and talking to me.

They took out the bill print-out and I had to pay exactly Rs.0

They did an awesome job of the interiors, entire front panel was cleaned with alcohol or something and it was gleaming. Even if there was no oil change done, not sure what they do but, there was a marked difference in how the car felt after driving it afterwards and that was not just perception.

Engine was purring like a smitten kitten

Gearshift has become even more makkan

Bite to brakes has become dangerously " better"

Incidentally, this is the sequence of service for a Chevrolet Cruze with 5 service coupons received from them.

I am outlining below from memory

1st Service : 1000kms or 1 Month

( Everything Free)

2nd Service : 5000 or 6 Months

( Everything Free)

3rd Service : 10000kms OR 12 Months

( Labour Free, Consumables charged)

4th Service : 150000 OR 18 Months

( Labour Free, Consumables charged). Oil change will happen here. Till this period, no need for oil change. Service advisor was mentioning that earlier Cruzes were serviced with Mineral oil. But, the latest Cruze should be serviced with Synthetic Oil Change. He said, this service will cost me roughly Rs.5000. Most of the cost is attributed to the expensive oil.

5th Service : 20,0000 or 24 Months

( Labour Free, Consumables charged)

Service advisor was emphatic about a couple of things :-

1. Don't revv the engine hard until about 3000kms on ODO. Give it more time so all components " Bed-In" properly

2. Oil change will be done at 15,000kms when i asked him, isnt that too late?

I am very happy to see service interval sequence and by looks of it, I may be heading for a reasonable cost ownership of my White Annihilator.

3 Cheers to Chevy & KUN !!!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 28th August 2010 at 09:58.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 30th August 2010, 02:57   #262
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,831
Thanked: 937 Times
Default

Avi..It was a heart felt happiness to see you pay tribute to your mom.
I have been going to Kun for my Opel Corsa,since i bought it in 2005,as it also comes under GM family.Believe me,for a car whose production stopped in Dec 2005(i purchased the Corsa in July 2005),Kun has attended to the car with out any issue and the servicing is so precise and everything is checked.I particularly like the interior cleaning as they use some kind of 3M polish and it sparkles the whole interiors of the car.
Im sure your WA is also treated even with better stuff.
Mr.Magesh still checks my Corsa everytime it goes for servicing.
Three cheers to Kun !!! Im sure you and WA will have much more enjoyable association with them.

Last edited by hillram : 30th August 2010 at 02:58.
hillram is offline  
Old 30th August 2010, 12:54   #263
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Avi..It was a heart felt happiness to see you pay tribute to your mom.
I have been going to Kun for my Opel Corsa,since i bought it in 2005,as it also comes under GM family.Believe me,for a car whose production stopped in Dec 2005(i purchased the Corsa in July 2005),Kun has attended to the car with out any issue and the servicing is so precise and everything is checked.I particularly like the interior cleaning as they use some kind of 3M polish and it sparkles the whole interiors of the car.
Im sure your WA is also treated even with better stuff.
Mr.Magesh still checks my Corsa everytime it goes for servicing.
Three cheers to Kun !!! Im sure you and WA will have much more enjoyable association with them.
Thanks Ram. My first service with them was a "floored me" experience.

They were all over me to please and i kind of liked that attention

If Mr.Magesh is still around, probably you can hook me up with him so he can give even better attention to my WA when it goes for the 2nd service
mobike008 is offline  
Old 30th August 2010, 13:28   #264
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,831
Thanked: 937 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
If Mr.Magesh is still around, probably you can hook me up with him so he can give even better attention to my WA when it goes for the 2nd service
Magesh is still with Kun.I will gladly hook you up one with him.There will be a free check up camp in Sep/Oct from Kun.we can do it at that point of time.
hillram is offline  
Old 31st August 2010, 12:26   #265
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Magesh is still with Kun.I will gladly hook you up one with him.There will be a free check up camp in Sep/Oct from Kun.we can do it at that point of time.
That sounds good Ram. Lets do it then.

Service Center Timings :

I forgot to mention was pleasantly suprised to note that KUN Workshop is open as follows :-

Monday-Saturday : 24 Hours

Sunday : 10am-5pm

Pick-up and Drop for servicing : Free of charge

CPC2 Tyres Update :

On Sunday, drove 40kms in continous rains and ripped the car lightly and i cannot help but, repeat myself.

The grip in rains is simply outstanding and the car feels like its stuck to the road like glue, there is not even a hint of any slipperyness. This was approximately at 80kmph-90kmph with a bit of fast swerve in & outs.

Only aspect is cosmetically these tyres dont look as yummy as Michelin XM1+ which looks meaty and rubber looks much darker/blacker than CPC2's. Maybe, i should carry a tyre shiner at all times in the car.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 1st September 2010, 08:27   #266
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

A quick picture taken from my balcony this morning after my two white beauties went through a complete bodywash ( which they go through everyday, actually).

Presenting you my "White Annihilator" alongside its smaller sibling the " White Angel"
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_43211.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 1st September 2010, 09:42   #267
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Presenting you my "White Annihilator" alongside its smaller sibling the " White Angel"
<eyes - and more - watering>

Truly pure and beautiful, Avinash!

Somehow don't like those stickers but that's just me (in fact I don't even like dealer stickers and I forgot to tell Pride before they spoilt BQ's looks with their stupid stickers).

And here I am, dry-cleaning and covering BQ on my own every night (will wash once a week only to limit exposure to bore water).

I got rid of that idiot good-for-nothing car cleaner.

What's the rent of a 3BHK in your apartment building?

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 8th September 2010, 11:14   #268
BHPian
 
informmaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banglore/Madras
Posts: 218
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Hey Cruzers,

A query, donno whether this has been answered before..

One of my friend got a Chevy Cruze (LTZ) and it is hardly 1 month old, and the ORVM cover is missing now, he doubts whether some one has removed when it was parked, coz according to his knowledge he has not met with any accident of any sort, and there is no damage to the mirror except the cover missing.

When asked with the dealership they say that the ORVM comes only as an assembly and the cost is Rs.9000 for one assembly

Has anyone faced similar situation? Can we get the cover alone somewhere? Since the car is Black, it does not look totally odd, but still he does not want to leave it as such.

Your suggestions pls..

Regards,
Rajan.
informmaha is offline  
Old 8th September 2010, 12:50   #269
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default

Rajan, i bought an accessory cover which has indicator lights on it which is a cover on top of the ORVM for about Rs.2700.

I have no clue of cost for the ORVM assembly. I suggest you get hold of a copy of Autocar July'10 where Cruze spare part costs were outlined.

Having said that, 9K for a single ORVM is simply ridiculous.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 8th September 2010, 13:25   #270
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,265
Thanked: 1,233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rajan, i bought an accessory cover which has indicator lights on it which is a cover on top of the ORVM for about Rs.2700.

I have no clue of cost for the ORVM assembly. I suggest you get hold of a copy of Autocar July'10 where Cruze spare part costs were outlined.

Having said that, 9K for a single ORVM is simply ridiculous.
This beats the Octy's record of 8 K per ORVM!! I do remember that the Autocar issue showed Chevy cars having the highest maintenance cost in the concerned segment. Not sure of the Cruze and others in that segment though.
vnabhi is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
My new Chevrolet Cruze in White! EDIT : PICS on Page 2 SubuS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 23rd May 2012 15:17
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz Pumpy_Raj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 24th February 2012 15:51
I chose to Cruze, with a white Cruze LTZ ajay mathew Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 16th June 2010 15:13
Little Spark of Happiness has arrived - Chevrolet Spark LT JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 15th November 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:38.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks