Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 11th September 2010, 20:42   #316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Ani, Black and grey interiors apart from looking classy would also give out almost a bit of "funeral feel". Need a little jazz to spice up life
I can suggest a lot better ways to spice up your life. Black will give a look of understated elegance
Old 11th September 2010, 20:56   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Ani, Black and grey interiors apart from looking classy would also give out almost a bit of "funeral feel". Need a little jazz to spice up life
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi, I would suggest going with Black Leather as suggested by Arun. I think it will give the best feel for your car.
He's annihilated our suggestions, .

Edit : Avi, maybe the darkest shade of brown rather than the "reddish" tone would look good/better. Do look out for this option to get a feel as well.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 11th September 2010 at 21:00.
Old 11th September 2010, 21:28   #318
BHPian

Since you want it to be jazzy how about considering this one or anything close to this one. Right from the M3.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...e-img_2426.jpg

EDIT: Missed your previous posts. Looks like you are looking for a similar color I have suggested .GO FOR IT!!

Last edited by Pancham : 11th September 2010 at 21:31.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:20   #319
Team-BHP Support

3rd Tankful Update :

I refilled last evening and after 560kms from last top-up, had to roughly fill about 51 Litres translating to 10KMPL FE with about 140kms highway run.

I am devastated would be an understatement as was hoping this figure will improve.

What is strange is this car has a 60 Litres tank capacity and Low Fuel Warning Lamp (LFWL) comes up at 50L which means it has a 10L reserve.

But, yesterday i topped up before the LFWL came up. Weird. Any explanations? I am doubting petrol bunk inaccuracies as foul play.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:36   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3rd Tankful Update :

I refilled last evening and after 560kms from last top-up, had to roughly fill about 51 Litres translating to 10KMPL FE with about 140kms highway run.

I am devastated would be an understatement as was hoping this figure will improve.

What is strange is this car has a 60 Litres tank capacity and Low Fuel Warning Lamp (LFWL) comes up at 50L which means it has a 10L reserve.

But, yesterday i topped up before the LFWL came up. Weird. Any explanations? I am doubting petrol bunk inaccuracies as foul play.
Avi, your FE is 11, not 10, which is good for a car in that segment. The low fuel lamp may be linked to the remaining Kms (DTE) and not the fuel remaining in litres.

For instance, the low fuel lamp lights up in my Fiesta when the DTE is 80 kms.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:38   #321
BHPian

Quote:

Does the LFWL come up based on the fuel in the tank? I don't think so. To the best of my knowledge it comes up based on DTE programmed for the car. In the RS, I get the LFWL when DTE is at 50 KM and in diesel Octavia when DTE is at 70 KM irrespective of the fuel left in the tank.

EDIT: Venu's post beats me on the explanation :-)

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 13th September 2010 at 12:39.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:38   #322
Team-BHP Support

I wish I could be devastated with 11kmpl .

Buddy you bought a car that has quite a powerful engine, if you are getting 11kmpl its quite good. Expect it to increase a little bit till the engine is run in fully.
Old 13th September 2010, 12:45   #323
Team-BHP Support

Omigosh! I made a mistake in calculations. It is indeed 11KMPL.

But, with 140kms in outstation trip, i reckon it can be counted still as 10KMPL in city conditions.

I was expecting in-city FE to be between 11-12KMPL since its a manual version.
Old 13th September 2010, 13:33   #324
BHPian

I constantly get 11.1 with a mix of 40% city driving and 60% highway driving. Off late have been doing more city driving thus my F.E. has dropped from 11.6 to 11.1 kmpl. And yes these cars are based on DTE method. In my RS i get the low fuel light at 40 Km. Not sure about cruze though as i have always filled before the fuel light could come. Do you remember the DTE for cruze when the fuel light turned on?
Old 13th September 2010, 14:15   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Do you remember the DTE for cruze when the fuel light turned on?
I have been twiddling my fingers how to make this horrific announcement.

Well, darn. Let me do it as it is.

I am drowned in misery and with a heavy heart have to announce that there is no option to check the DTE in Cruze. The indicator chalk on right has a button inside that when pressed will give out this info in LTZ but not in LT

However, the odo reset button when pressed gives out some info like " Lang/Set-Up". Not sure if i can check DTE through this mode?

I use the od re-set button to change it to 0 when i tank-up. That's all

So how do i know what is my DTE? This piece of info is very important when in emergency.
Old 13th September 2010, 14:40   #326
BHPian

I've heard from many technical forums (discussing on-board computers) that calculation of Fuel Efficiency, DTE is not very accurate on diesel vehicles, especially when it comes to TC'ed vehicles. So I guess we need to take the L/100 kms, Km/L, DTE numbers... with a pinch of salt.
Old 13th September 2010, 19:28   #327
BHPian

Quote:
The indicator chalk on right has a button inside that when pressed will give out this info in LTZ but not in LT
Avi, just go through the thread where in an Elegant(i think) spec Laura has been reconfigured to L&K spec in many aspects using a Vag-com. I'd post the direct link to that thread but my search is proving futile.

I'm sure you can get the same done (with the right equipment) for the Cruze LT to LTZ at the workshop(you know where).

Edit : Found it!.Check this (New Laura Elegance 1.9 TDI A/T EDIT : Customising with a VAG-COM) out

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th September 2010 at 19:31.
Old 16th September 2010, 13:08   #328
Team-BHP Support

Default Update : Permanent Registration Card

@Arun, thanks for the tip. Will check out that thread in leisure. Can Prabhu take up such a job?

Enroute work, i stopped at RTA Khairtabad to enquire what happened to my RC card which hasnt reached despite applying for it on Aug 21st. Then, they told me i should receive it via. courier in one week.

After waiting for amost 30 minutes, the guy on computer checked my slip and mentioned cards are not yet printed for RC applied on Aug 21st

He casually mentioned, please come back next week and check the status. Sic !

This is absolutely sad state of our (RTA) affairs. They collect huge road tax and other fees from us and we have to go through all these inconvenience.

OT : One fella next to me is running behind the RTA since March'10 and he still hasnt received his RC card. Today, he was told to go to other branch office as it "may" have arrived there. He was practically in tears. Really sad !
Old 16th September 2010, 13:16   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
This is absolutely sad state of our (RTA) affairs.
It indeed is. I read in DC this morning that RTA Khairatabad is responsible for printing and dispatching Licenses/RC cards for 9 other RTA zones and they are running real behind in getting the dispatches done.

Source: Delayed licences incur fines by cops | Deccan Chronicle | 2010-09-16

I would be soon running around RTA as well to get Hypothecation removed as I am planning to foreclose my loans as well as the car lease.

Hope you get it soon.

Cheers,
Old 16th September 2010, 13:22   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
I would be soon running around RTA as well to get Hypothecation removed as I am planning to foreclose my loans as well as the car lease.
Well, you should be prepared for a long wait. I applied for removal of hypothetication in the second week of August and havent got the new smart card RC book yet!
Closed Thread