Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 22:44   #376
Senior - BHPian
 
Klub Class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KA17|KL65|KL41
Posts: 3,797
Thanked: 896 Times
Default

mobike008,you have masked the license plate in selected images only. Any reason behind this strange act?

By the way, the pictures are all awesome. Seriously, I had never thought that Chevrolet Cruze would look awesome in white.

Sorry for the OT post.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 8th October 2010 at 22:45.
Klub Class is offline  
Old 9th October 2010, 00:19   #377
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,992
Thanked: 356 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
mobike008,you have masked the license plate in selected images only. Any reason behind this strange act?

By the way, the pictures are all awesome. Seriously, I had never thought that Chevrolet Cruze would look awesome in white.

Sorry for the OT post.

Amith
The pictures have been taken by Ravveendrra, atleast a few of them!
MileCruncher is offline  
Old 9th October 2010, 10:37   #378
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

@klubclass, these pictures were takend during a Hyd drive meet last saturday. As Milecruncher mentioned, taken by Ravveenddrra and maybe in a hurry he masked a few pictures and for rest he didnt.

Either ways, i am not particular about the number being seen. So it doesnt matter.

Cruze looks best in Olympic White, no doubt about it and probably to vouch for the same, the maximum number of cars that i see on road in Hyderabad are all white.

A couple of days ago, while driving to work i was on Rd.No.10 Banjara Hills and going at a liesurely pace as you all know lots of speed breakers on that road.

During that 1km stretch, i crossed nearly 10 Cruze's and out of which maybe 7-8 were Olympic White, 1 Black and 1 Atlantis Blue.

As we cross each other, there is that curious glance at each other and a gentle nod and widen of lips in a 'hello' kind of a gesture.

You know felt good and almost like your part of a elite club
mobike008 is offline  
Old 9th October 2010, 13:07   #379
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Initial few tankfuls gave me 10.30kmpl and last tankful touched 11.75kmpl. This is completely in city with 100% AC on. Do note this included a couple of runs to the airport which is a smooth road with almost negligible traffic.

Immediately after that tanked up and have completed 390kms and needle is at halfway mark and i am confident this tankful will give me 14kmpl with roughly 50% on the highway.

If you need any help in negotiating let me know will be glad to help you out. Also, if you have decided buy from KUN, i had a superb experience and buy from the same sales person who went out of the way during my buying process.

.
Thanks Mate, I might take you up on the offer, I am yet to show the car to my mom.

OT: The next Hyderabad meet, i would love to meet fellow T-bhpians.

Thanks again Mobike008.

Best

Motoringlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
I've mentioned these points before, but I'll repeat the answers to these specific questions based on my TD of the Cruze.

I didn't stall the clutch. Maybe because I've read about it and was extra cautious (mostly not to lose face in front of the salesperson and driver ) but the pedal has some hard "kick-back". While not stalling is a matter of practice, bearing the kick-back is a matter of hitting the gym.

Also, the steering and controls were pretty hard. While I could easily manage, I'm sure my wife wouldn't have been able to for more than a few minutes.

The stock audio system is way up there in terms of quality.

Regards,
spadix
@ Spadix - My thought process on A/T is partly driven with your comment in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2084945-post103.html

I have not reached a decision yet, Man this has been the longest i have take to reach any decision, i guess predominantly driven with the financial commitment i would be making with this car.

Thanks again Spadix for bearing with my rant. Hope the BQ is going strong.

Best

Motoringlover

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th October 2010 at 13:22. Reason: Back to back posts, please use multi quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Motoringlover is offline  
Old 9th October 2010, 22:56   #380
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
@ Spadix - My thought process on A/T is partly driven with your comment in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2084945-post103.html
I haven't test driven the Cruze auto, but the Civic's A/T is an absolute joy to use. I was hell-bent on an M/T and the price premium was unjustifiable in my mind.

Hope you're able to finalize soon. One tip for your TDs: If you think your regular usage pattern involves 2+ people in the car then make sure your TD reflects this. And also take the car over multiple road surfaces and both plan roads and hills/slopes. Both the Chevy dealers (Kondapur and Banjara Road #1) lend themselves well in terms of location for this type of testing. So does Pride Honda in Jubilee Hills.

I think both cars are equally bad in terms of low-end torque, so this would be a good test for you to decide both car and choice of transmission.

BQ is doing well, thanks for asking!

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 10th October 2010, 11:12   #381
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

A lovely sepia picture of the White Annihilator taken by Pulsar56 during the TBHP Bidar drive on Oct 2nd.

Nice picture Nazim
Attached Images
 
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th October 2010, 12:12   #382
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Best ever FE update till date@ 2625kms ODO reading :

Yesterday refilled well in advance. At 450kms odo reading got D got auto-cut at 35L.

12.85 KMPL

280kms was highway driving for a trip to Bidar and rest was in city. All of it was with 100% AC.

I am now sure that 100% AC driving on highway with respectable speeds can easily achieve 15kmpl-16kmpl.

I am lovin' it!
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th October 2010, 12:23   #383
BHPian
 
Motoringlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 396
Thanked: 179 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Best ever FE update till date@ 2625kms ODO reading :

Yesterday refilled well in advance. At 450kms odo reading got D got auto-cut at 35L.

12.85 KMPL

280kms was highway driving for a trip to Bidar and rest was in city. All of it was with 100% AC.

I am now sure that 100% AC driving on highway with respectable speeds can easily achieve 15kmpl-16kmpl.

I am lovin' it!

Congrats Mobike008, these are excellent results, by the way i test drove the Cruze again yesterday, enjoyed it more - did not stall the car this time, but did find a little problematic when getting it through bumper to bumper traffic, open roads she is a star.
Motoringlover is offline  
Old 11th October 2010, 13:23   #384
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
but did find a little problematic when getting it through bumper to bumper traffic, open roads she is a star.
Ofcourse you will find it difficult due to :

a) Its mammoth size
b) Due to slightly jerky power delivery at lower rpm speeds

When you get used to it the simple way to drive in bumper to bumper traffic conditions is in 1st gear with foot off the clutch if there is some distance between you and vehicle in front of you.

In short, you will get used to it as you drive the car more. Now i dont find it a major issue except the tension of someone scraping your car.

All said and done, driving my i10 Kappa is more easier in heavy traffic due to absence of this tension
mobike008 is offline  
Old 11th October 2010, 14:42   #385
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 2,006
Thanked: 1,018 Times
Default

the more I see this car, the more i fall in love with it.....good one Avi!
himanshugoswami is offline  
Old 15th October 2010, 00:56   #386
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi Avi, this is my post on TBHP and its befitting that its on a thread on Cruze LT which is the car I just bought about 3 months back. Unfortunately I had to go out of the country after just about 1 month of buying the car.

I have patiently read through all the 26 pages of this thread over the last 3 hours and believe me it has only reinforced my decision to buy the Cruze and that too LT. As I look at your comments I could relate to them as those were the exact same things I experienced and felt while driving cruze for the month or so I was in india. Thankfully I am coming back over the weekend to experience and get friendly with the my new car.

Cheers and happy cruzing.
vivekparmar is offline  
Old 15th October 2010, 15:42   #387
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
Hi Avi, this is my post on TBHP and its befitting that its on a thread on Cruze LT which is the car I just bought about 3 months back. Unfortunately I had to go out of the country after just about 1 month of buying the car.

I have patiently read through all the 26 pages of this thread over the last 3 hours and believe me it has only reinforced my decision to buy the Cruze and that too LT. As I look at your comments I could relate to them as those were the exact same things I experienced and felt while driving cruze for the month or so I was in india. Thankfully I am coming back over the weekend to experience and get friendly with the my new car.

Cheers and happy cruzing.
Firstly, welcome onboard Team-BHP

Secondly, congratulations on being a new owner of a Cruze LT ( Which color?) and i am glad to know that you relate to my ownership experience and liked the overall content of what you read all through the 26 pages.

As mentioned before, it was a dream to own this beast and i am more than happy with my purchase and look forward to enjoying it for the next 5 years atleast.

Hope to see your ownership thread and your experiences with your Cruze on this forum. Any help/inputs required, you just have to ask.

Cheers!
Avinash
mobike008 is offline  
Old 15th October 2010, 16:38   #388
BHPian
 
sreenivass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore India
Posts: 872
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Congrats..

Catching up late, Congrats Mobike. I an imagine this car could find space in any bodies mind. I saw one in Mehdipatnam, "should this e my next car" crossed my mind. I have to tread more carefully as I have built a house recently and my pockets are very shallow.

Enjoy the ride.
sreenivass is offline  
Old 15th October 2010, 18:43   #389
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 20
Thanked: Once
Default

My cruze's color is Velvet Red and that was the unanimous choice of the family.

I am also into the Cruze for the long run and never in my mind did the thought of "resale value" crop up.

It may be some time before I can get the ownership report up as I foresee a hectic schedule at office ahead. But will surely try to find some time out for it.

Thanks for the help on tires!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Firstly, welcome onboard Team-BHP

Secondly, congratulations on being a new owner of a Cruze LT ( Which color?) and i am glad to know that you relate to my ownership experience and liked the overall content of what you read all through the 26 pages.

As mentioned before, it was a dream to own this beast and i am more than happy with my purchase and look forward to enjoying it for the next 5 years atleast.

Hope to see your ownership thread and your experiences with your Cruze on this forum. Any help/inputs required, you just have to ask.

Cheers!
Avinash
vivekparmar is offline  
Old 21st October 2010, 15:30   #390
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Catching up late, Congrats Mobike. I an imagine this car could find space in any bodies mind. I saw one in Mehdipatnam, "should this e my next car" crossed my mind. I have to tread more carefully as I have built a house recently and my pockets are very shallow.Enjoy the ride.
Thanks. If i was in your shoes, i would have spent first on the car and then on the house

Just kidding

I actually bought a house first and then bought quite a few cars later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
Thanks for the help on tires!
Your welcome. When is your ownership thread coming up?

Couple of things noticed over the last few weeks

a) When i stop at a signal and pull the handbrake ( which is at a very odd height and level) it makes a slight kraach noise. And, you can feel the car SIT down when the lever is pulled up

b) Finally, discovered the scroll button on right next to the light knob is the 3-level adjustment of the cockpit lights. Its a very useful feature. I turn up the brightness when i want to impress someone and when i am all alone tone it down. In someways its a bit of a distraction with so many lights coming from the entire front dashboard

Something has been bugging me offlate. Need a de-bugging solution

Currently my odometer shows 2900kms. Been discussing with a few friends regarding the apt time to change the engine oil in my WA and all of them are vehmently advicing me to change at 5000kms. Infact, they had insisted that it should have been done at 1000kms service.

Note, I was briefed by the service advisors that the newly delivered ( until 6 months ago) Cruze which come with slightly tweaked ECU and that's one of the major reason for they now coming into powerband at 1300rpm instead of 1700rpm of the first lot Cruze's that it needs to be fed with Synthetic Oil and not regular dose of Mineral oil.

Darn, It's going to cost me a packet only for the oil ( Dreading....)

However, according to service booklet the first engine oil change has to be done at 15000 kms.

Before the 15000 kms service interval there are two ahead of it ( 5000kms & 10,000kms)

I am keen to understand from people who understand engine oils and also inputs especially from Cruze owners whether should I follow Chevy advice of changing the oil at 15000 kms or should i go ahead and change it at 5000kms interval?

Appreciate some insights into this dilemma
mobike008 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
My new Chevrolet Cruze in White! EDIT : PICS on Page 2 SubuS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 23rd May 2012 15:17
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz Pumpy_Raj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 24th February 2012 15:51
I chose to Cruze, with a white Cruze LTZ ajay mathew Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 16th June 2010 15:13
Little Spark of Happiness has arrived - Chevrolet Spark LT JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 15th November 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:20.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks