Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 21st October 2010, 15:48   #391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Couple of things noticed over the last few weeks

a) When i stop at a signal and pull the handbrake ( which is at a very odd height and level) it makes a slight kraach noise. And, you can feel the car SIT down when the lever is pulled up
You need to check for the "kraach" noise, but the car sitting down is normal.This because the normal brake bias is towards the front and when you brake, due to the inertia in the vehicle, the front stops first and then the stops a milli second later. Because of this in the when pull handbrake and release the normal brakes, the front brakes get released and the rear comes down a bit.

Quote:
Something has been bugging me offlate. Need a de-bugging solution

Currently my odometer shows 2900kms. Been discussing with a few friends regarding the apt time to change the engine oil in my WA and all of them are vehmently advicing me to change at 5000kms. Infact, they had insisted that it should have been done at 1000kms service.

Note, I was briefed by the service advisors that the newly delivered ( until 6 months ago) Cruze which come with slightly tweaked ECU and that's one of the major reason for they now coming into powerband at 1300rpm instead of 1700rpm of the first lot Cruze's that it needs to be fed with Synthetic Oil and not regular dose of Mineral oil.

Darn, It's going to cost me a packet only for the oil ( Dreading....)

However, according to service booklet the first engine oil change has to be done at 15000 kms.

Before the 15000 kms service interval there are two ahead of it ( 5000kms & 10,000kms)

I am keen to understand from people who understand engine oils and also inputs especially from Cruze owners whether should I follow Chevy advice of changing the oil at 15000 kms or should i go ahead and change it at 5000kms interval?

Appreciate some insights into this dilemma
I say get it done immediately, no need to wait even till 5k Kms.

However good machining, an engine requires bedding in and the first oil contains some metal shavings due to the ongoing process of components sitting in properly.

So I suggest do it immediately.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:18   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. If i was in your shoes, i would have spent first on the car and then on the house

Just kidding

I actually bought a house first and then bought quite a few cars later.
I figured out I didn't have enough money to buy a house. So I figured, what the hell, and went and bought myself BQ .

Quote:
a) When i stop at a signal and pull the handbrake ( which is at a very odd height and level) it makes a slight kraach noise. And, you can feel the car SIT down when the lever is pulled up
I'd get the noise checked. By how much does the car sit down? I've never observed this (much, if at all) in my cars so far. What I do observe in BQ is that the brake pedal slowly depresses a bit further after I engage the parking brake. I haven't been able to explain that.

Quote:
b) Finally, discovered the scroll button on right next to the light knob is the 3-level adjustment of the cockpit lights. Its a very useful feature. I turn up the brightness when i want to impress someone and when i am all alone tone it down.
Welcome to the club!

Quote:
Currently my odometer shows 2900kms. Been discussing with a few friends regarding the apt time to change the engine oil in my WA and all of them are vehmently advicing me to change at 5000kms. Infact, they had insisted that it should have been done at 1000kms service.

However, according to service booklet the first engine oil change has to be done at 15000 kms.

Before the 15000 kms service interval there are two ahead of it ( 5000kms & 10,000kms)

I am keen to understand from people who understand engine oils and also inputs especially from Cruze owners whether should I follow Chevy advice of changing the oil at 15000 kms or should i go ahead and change it at 5000kms interval?
I'll say stick with the manual. Whatever's in there is there for a reason. Of course, it doesn't hurt - except financially - to change out the oil but I don't think it's needed.

Quote:
Note, I was briefed by the service advisors that the newly delivered ( until 6 months ago) Cruze which come with slightly tweaked ECU and ... that it needs to be fed with Synthetic Oil and not regular dose of Mineral oil.
That seems to be par for the course for most new cars now, at least in this segment. Synthetic oil by default and a very long change interval.

Regards,
spadix
Old 1st November 2010, 16:22   #393
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday and for that matter, even today the weather in Hyderabad is simply mindblowing. Windy, cloudy and quite chilly

What best can be done in such weather but, go a bit against the regular sundays that we normally enjoy ( of getting up late) and got up early and after having a lovely south indian breakfast at a popular joint decided to head to Gandipet to see if there is any water still in the lake after the torrential rains that we received this season.

I had also decided that it was time to christen the WA with Team-BHP stickers despite all advicing to keep it stock and clean. But, i just couldnt resist the idea of adorning it with TBHP stickers and finally did it yesterday but, stuck to having them on the glass and number plate as didnt have guts to stick it on the body

Firstly, the route to Gandipet is not something that i could recognize, it has completely changed and almost left me scratching my head at a few instances especially when there is a deviation and you get on to the Outer Ring Road ( ORR) and come on other side to go towards Gandipet.

We took the route and reached Gandipet and it was a pleasant surprise to see the lake almost above its dangerous levels with most trees almost submerged. Found a lot of hyderabad folks out there for a sunday picnic.

We spent a good hour there going up to the water and then proceeded towards himayathsagar which had similar story to tell.

Then around 1pm, we decided to head back home via. the ORR and gave wifey and mom the taste of Cruze via the 4-lane open roads.

All in all, covered some 125kms on this short trip within the city and refilled the White Annihilator and reached home.

Got a decent FE with almost 100% in AC which was 11.25KMPL

Time for a few pictures from yesterday and with WA in its new avataar ( with TBHP stickers)
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4910.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4913.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4914.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4923.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4924.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-dsc_4937.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st November 2010 at 22:55.
Old 1st November 2010, 22:36   #394
Senior - BHPian

Hi Avi,

In 3+ months your thread has seen 390+ posts and approx 48000 views
Your thread seems to be one of the most popular ownership threads of recent times.

This shows the interest people have in the brand and the model. It also shows you have lot many followers.

I also see that you are enjoying your new car. Your car is also proudly displaying Team BHP stickers.

How many KMs you have driven till now ?
I did not see any long drives of yours in WA to your favourite destinations Mahab, Goa, or did it miss it ?
Old 1st November 2010, 22:51   #395
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, Avi. I'd have found the 'got bhp' sticker more apt though. Great way of spending a Sunday, moreson after a late night on the prior day.

I too covered 139 kms yesterday--had to make two trips to the airport amid sparse traffic and a light drizzle on both trips. The PVNR Expressway was awesome---it looks like the bumps have smoothened now. My FE shot up to 13.7 from the normal 11+ range.
Old 1st November 2010, 22:53   #396
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Avi,

In 3+ months your thread has seen 390+ posts and approx 48000 views
Your thread seems to be one of the most popular ownership threads of recent times.

This shows the interest people have in the brand and the model. It also shows you have lot many followers.
Hi SV, thats the nicest thing someone has told me in a long time. Thank you !

I am glad that people are looking up my ownership thread and reading about whatever little that i could share in last 3 months of my ownership. I have done just a little over 3200kms until now.

Well, honestly i am a bit sheepish to confess that i havent been to my favorite destinations that you highlighted as a plan to goa has been shot down by wifey twice in last 2 months and this probably is the first monsoon in four years that i missed being in goa. And, with regards to Mahby been there this April, too early for a re-visit

Lot of official work and many personal things happening at weekends is keeping me away from a long drive with the WA. The longest she has done is 400kms up and down to Bidar and few shorter distances of 200kms & 150kms which is not even enough for her to get her breathe in order.

You can imagine i am itching to lay my hands on the wheel for a long one which i think may happen either during 3rd week Novemember or in December. Until then will have to keep my twitching fingers and my nervy edge in control.

Do keep a lookout on this thread as will try and update with whatever experiences i go through as i plan to cherish this ownership thread it the time WA is with me and i can see that's going to be one helluva long time

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st November 2010 at 22:57.
Old 1st November 2010, 23:04   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done just a little over 3200kms until now.
Lot of official work and many personal things happening at weekends is keeping me away from a long drive with the WA.
You can imagine i am itching to lay my hands on the wheel for a long one which i think may happen either during 3rd week Novemember or in December. Until then will have to keep my twitching fingers and my nervy edge in control.

Do keep a lookout on this thread as will try and update with whatever experiences i go through as i plan to cherish this ownership thread it the time WA is with me and i can see that's going to be one helluva long time
Chevy is certainly shaping up as a better brand and company in India
Personally i think you did a great choice to go for Cruz. I wish you a long and memorable ownership experience.

Good things in life alwasy come with some strings (personal and official work etc). i can imagine the twitching. I look forward to your travelogue in near future.

till then, happy driving or revving (as it is called here on team BHP).
Old 2nd November 2010, 00:21   #398
BHPian

Quote:
When i stop at a signal and pull the handbrake ( which is at a very odd height and level) it makes a slight kraach noise
There is this amazing product derived from 2010 Formula 1 technology. It does wonders to sounds, especially the "kraach"( i wonder how it sounds ) noise from cars................... its called grease

Dude, you've just gone through the monsoons, so I'm pretty sure the "kraach"(still dont know how it sounds) will vanish after a quick squirt of this state of the art slimey and gooey invention .
Old 2nd November 2010, 04:31   #399
Senior - BHPian

congratulations!!!!! (on the new beast, & on becoming a Mod as well) the read through i started at 1am ended just a few secs ago, was boosting up heart to get an annhilator into the family, but the deal for another tried and tested sedan is already made and is due for delivery this week.

forget the college and other things holding me back from Team-Bhp, i am get hold of some time regardless, and start the owner-ship thread of the two new vehicles, one already bought and the other due this week, man you have "one of a kind" sort of a way of inspiring people into revoking all that passion people forget, when they let go off their beasts and get over clouded with life. i for one surely know its your love for wheels and beasts.

cheers and kudos to the best and most important thing the SPIRIT!!!!!!

sadly the choice is made, for the car, which i shall post the pics soon in the new ownership thread and the other vehicle in the appropriate sections.

pandeyji Dabaang dekha hain, aap to mujhe safaaid gadi mein robinhoon Pandeyji laage. just kiddin..... (just my way of saying thank you for reminding me all the good drives and getting me all boosted up again)

avi bhai get ready to get bugged with a few calls tomorrow, hope you dont mind!
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:32   #400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics, Avi. I'd have found the 'got bhp' sticker more apt though. Great way of spending a Sunday, moreson after a late night on the prior day.
Thanks Venu. I know "Got BHP" sticker would have been more apt. But, two things went against me putting that on the WA

a) My stock didnt have that particular sticker
b) As mentioned, i was not too keen to stick it on the body. So the black "Got BHP" sticker would not be the apt choice on the black/translucent windscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Dude, you've just gone through the monsoons, so I'm pretty sure the "kraach"(still dont know how it sounds) will vanish after a quick squirt of this state of the art slimey and gooey invention .
I think iam just paranoid about that sound. It comes only if i jerk the handbrake upwards with a certain degree of violence. Otherwise, no kraach sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
congratulations!!!!! (on the new beast, & on becoming a Mod as well) the read through i started at 1am ended just a few secs ago, was boosting up heart to get an annhilator into the family, but the deal for another tried and tested sedan is already made and is due for delivery this week.

cheers and kudos to the best and most important thing the SPIRIT!!!!!!

pandeyji Dabaang dekha hain, aap to mujhe safaaid gadi mein robinhoon Pandeyji laage. just kiddin..... (just my way of saying thank you for reminding me all the good drives and getting me all boosted up again)

avi bhai get ready to get bugged with a few calls tomorrow, hope you dont mind!
Thanks Yash for your kind wishes. Nice to know you read through my entire ownership in one go and that too at the dead of the night. That must have been one boring entire night for you

Well, i am glad to know the choice of your vehicle. Buying it on Diwali would be really special. I hope to check it out soon

Let me know if you need any other help? Would be glad to assist you but, the price that you pay for my consultation services would be a long test drive of your new ride
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:14   #401
Senior - BHPian

Change those number plate to the new high security type - will look awsome on your Cruze

Remove those dealer sticker from rear windshield and put Driven by TBHP transparent sticker instead :-)
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:21   #402
Team-BHP Support

Hey congratz, did i miss this thread or my memory is messing with me Anyways this car is always in my mind for the next upgrade. Simply love the shape and that stonker engine.

Diesel rockz!
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:33   #403
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Change those number plate to the new high security type - will look awsome on your Cruze

Remove those dealer sticker from rear windshield and put Driven by TBHP transparent sticker instead :-)
I am not sure i understand what would be that new high security type? Example?

Been thinking of removing the dealer sticker for a long time. Due to their amazing service it was kept as a small tribute for 3 months.

Will remove them soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hey congratz, did i miss this thread or my memory is messing with me Anyways this car is always in my mind for the next upgrade. Simply love the shape and that stonker engine.

Diesel rockz!
Thanks. I am surprised a diesel lover missed this thread. Anyways, as they say better late than never. Do go for it if you ever decide, diesel lovers will never hate that decision.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:52   #404
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1400262

You can order online - www.utsav.co.in
Old 13th November 2010, 09:22   #405
BHPian

Since the time I have been searching for a new car (2 months) I am following your thread. Thanks for sharing your experience and nice snaps. I have booked velvet red cruze LTZ manual and expecting delivery next week.

I need your help regarding the tyre upgrade, should I go for Michelin XM1 or CPC2. is there a noticeable difference after the upgrade.
Closed Thread