Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2010, 15:49   #406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks. It sure looks good. Will get them replaced when this one breaks. Doesnt it eventually in our city traffic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach View Post
Since the time I have been searching for a new car (2 months) I am following your thread. Thanks for sharing your experience and nice snaps. I have booked velvet red cruze LTZ manual and expecting delivery next week.

I need your help regarding the tyre upgrade, should I go for Michelin XM1 or CPC2. is there a noticeable difference after the upgrade.
Your welcome Pach!

No second thoughts, go for CPC2 as they are really excellent. The difference is lot more than noticeable

Some of the parameters where it excels :-

a) Zero road noise
b) Excellent grip on gravel and especially on wet roads
c) Very good grip on dry roads
d) Nice thread pattern and hoping it will last 40K kms
Old 16th November 2010, 15:21   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Your welcome Pach!

No second thoughts, go for CPC2 as they are really excellent. The difference is lot more than noticeable

Some of the parameters where it excels :-

a) Zero road noise
b) Excellent grip on gravel and especially on wet roads
c) Very good grip on dry roads
d) Nice thread pattern and hoping it will last 40K kms
If I remember correctly, you had XM1s on your Viva. Therefore you are the best judge to Pach's question.

But are the Contis more expensive?
Old 16th November 2010, 15:32   #408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If I remember correctly, you had XM1s on your Viva. Therefore you are the best judge to Pach's question.

But are the Contis more expensive?
Your right. I was quite happy with XM1+ too. But, somehow i found the CPC2 slightly better in parameters described in my previous post.

205/60/R16, Conti's cost Rs.8,800 per tyre.

If i am not wrong Michelin XM1+ is slightly more expensive, as always.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:17   #409
BHPian

Checked the CPC2 rates at JC road, Bangalore,these tyres were not available at most shops, in one of the shops that had continental CPC2 205/60/R16, he quoted 8500. For exchange of JK tyres he will give me 3500. So 4 tyres upgrade would cost me 20k .
Old 22nd November 2010, 15:54   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Checked the CPC2 rates at JC road, Bangalore,these tyres were not available at most shops, in one of the shops that had continental CPC2 205/60/R16, he quoted 8500. For exchange of JK tyres he will give me 3500. So 4 tyres upgrade would cost me 20k .
That seems to be a decent deal and are you thinking of changing over only 4 tyres? In Hyderabad, JK tyre done < 100kms the dealer offered Rs.4000 per tyre.

A tip, search for CPC2's that are 2009 manafactured and you will get an amazing deal on them including a warranty from the tyre dealer
Old 3rd December 2010, 15:23   #411
Team-BHP Support

4000kms Update

Just crossed this number couple of days ago as apart from work and back home not much of driving was happening in recent past and in addition to that i need to use my i10 also which i do religiously over the weekend. WA is due for a long drive (approximately 6,000kms) later this month and i am hoping that i will enjoy its true potential during this roadtrip.

Touchwood, i dont have even minor issues to report including rattles, squeaks etc. It's running smoother as time passes and i am now totally in synch with its capabilities both in city as well as the couple of short highway trips that i did during my ownership period.

FE has kind of settled to a consistent 11.25kmpl in 100% city and AC on conditons with long periods of idlying at traffic signals. All I can say is i am not complaining, if the traffic was better then i am sure you can extract another km/litre from this engine pretty much easily.

Yesterday was not a good day for WA, while driving to work on the Gachibowli stretch i was doing reasonable good speeds and need to slow down just after Raidurgh PS for a huge breaker which till date never caused any problems as WA used to hurdle over it smoothly without the bottom scraping it. But, yesterday was a different story and i took the speedbreaker with the usual speed and i heard reasonably loud THUD and my heart popped into my mouth for a second. But, i continued and stopped at office to lean down and take a look and everything looked as usual.

I noted that after you cross this particular breaker the other side of the road has been chipped off which makes the car dip more than usual causing that hit. Need to be careful next time onwards.

While returning from work, I was stationary at Khairtabad traffic signal and when the lights turned green, i heard slight scraping sound and a bike on my front left looked down suprisingly and moved on. I knew something happened to front fender. I stopped further down and see that biker had scraped open the front fender side to some extent.

I couldnt sleep last night properly, so went to KUN A.S.S and one overtly smart chap insisted that bumper has to be replaced.

I simply gave him a angry glare and asked " Are you kidding me?" and called my favorite SA who was somewhere inside and he came over saw the damage and immediately went in got a Fevifix or something and got the gap fixed. He ensured its fixed from outside as well as the glue was pasted from inside so it wont come off again in a hurry. Without me telling him, he even spotted some faint scratches on the fender and got them removed with a thinner.

No money exchanged hands for this fix. It just goes to prove again that knowing someone in A.S.S really pays off well.

My car is due for second service (5000kms) before my trip in about a fortnight, my angel (Service Advisor) said, to call him so he can personally pay attention to ensure 2nd service goes off without a hitch.

Super!!

Couple of phone cam pictures of the issue. First one is the damage and second one is after it's fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-img00050201012021943.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd December 2010, 16:44   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I noted that after you cross this particular breaker the other side of the road has been chipped off which makes the car dip more than usual causing that hit. Need to be careful next time onwards.
That was exactly the kind of thing I was inviting you to experience near Lingampally underpass. Even Innovas come close to scraping those mountains there. The only way out is to take them at an angle.

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:32   #413
BHPian

Such things happen Avi, you cannot stop them. Just like us even cars have good days/bad days. Good thing is that your car is going strong and no issues so far. By the way i'm hearing lot of guys on T-BHP saying that cruze has GC issues. Well it does need a bit of care while negotiating speed breakers. I advice you to do the same.
Even i have felt that cruze has to be driven carefully over broken patches and speed breakers.
Old 3rd December 2010, 18:32   #414
BHPian

you car had a bad day avi, these things happen. I am not sure for how many days can I protect my car from the bikes, there will be scratches one day. Good to know that you are enjoying the car. Will wait for your long drive report, 6000 kms! wow.
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:06   #415
Senior - BHPian

Yikes, that was a close shave! Thanks to Kun A.S.S., things worked out well for you.

As regards the speedbreaker, I too scarped my Fiesta's bottom on one near the Gachibowli Jn, a few metres before the new flyover under construction begins. I found out that it is better to go over than hump in the centre and not on the extreme left.
Old 6th December 2010, 15:49   #416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Such things happen Avi, you cannot stop them. Just like us even cars have good days/bad days. Good thing is that your car is going strong and no issues so far. By the way i'm hearing lot of guys on T-BHP saying that cruze has GC issues. Well it does need a bit of care while negotiating speed breakers. I advice you to do the same.
Even i have felt that cruze has to be driven carefully over broken patches and speed breakers.
Well, i dont really beileve that Cruze has a GC issue. However, i am getting too delved into the technicalities of the car rather than enjoying its drive. Having said that, sometimes i feel that as days pass the suspension is getting softer or maybe its due to tyre pressure which when reduces ( Nitrogen in my tyres and check the pressure exactly once in 2 months and note there is a drop of 6-7 psi in each tyre) the car is more suspectible to bottoming out on breakers. I could be totally wrong

Quote:
you car had a bad day avi, these things happen. I am not sure for how many days can I protect my car from the bikes, there will be scratches one day. Good to know that you are enjoying the car. Will wait for your long drive report, 6000 kms! wow.
Yeah, each day in evening when i drive back home. So many bikers and autos come so close, i am mentally prepared for a few scratches before long.

As you said, you cannot protect it all the time. A day will come soon when it will get ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Yikes, that was a close shave! Thanks to Kun A.S.S., things worked out well for you.

As regards the speedbreaker, I too scarped my Fiesta's bottom on one near the Gachibowli Jn, a few metres before the new flyover under construction begins. I found out that it is better to go over than hump in the centre and not on the extreme left.
Yeah Venu, KUN has been pretty supportive until now

I took this breaker again this morning and almost halted before tripping over

White Annihilator will go for its 2nd service on Dec 22nd. Let's see how that experience will be..

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th December 2010 at 15:50.
Old 13th December 2010, 12:47   #417

Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Personally, I too feel there are no GC issues per se although I have also hit the car's bottom on the speed breaker in my residential complex a couple of times. As Avi said, you have your heart in your mouth for a second, but i guess its part of everyday running.
Old 13th December 2010, 13:19   #418
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
Personally, I too feel there are no GC issues per se although I have also hit the car's bottom on the speed breaker in my residential complex a couple of times. As Avi said, you have your heart in your mouth for a second, but i guess its part of everyday running.
Exactly! I've come to take these incidents as not being a problem with the car's GC, but with the G itself .

With that flip of faith, it's time to hone our driving skills and ensure that we don't let bad G result in belly scrapes. As it turns out, *most* scraping is due to incorrect driving given the car and the conditions. Slowing down + taking bumps at an angle etc. will avoid 90% of these incidents.

Regards,
spadix
Old 13th December 2010, 13:29   #419
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
Glad to know that you agree Vivek. How's it with your Cruze? I dont see a ownership thread of your car? Dont you want to share your experiences with us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Exactly! I've come to take these incidents as not being a problem with the car's GC, but with the G itself.

With that flip of faith, it's time to hone our driving skills and ensure that we don't let bad G result in belly scrapes. As it turns out, *most* scraping is due to incorrect driving given the car and the conditions. Slowing down + taking bumps at an angle etc. will avoid 90% of these incidents.
Prashant, well said. Our road conditions are so bad, we cannot continue blaming the GC of the car when as you aptly put the G is the main culprit. GHMC, are you listening?

But, when you drive a car as the Cruze, i am so lost in that amazing driving experience that I seemed to have lost the basic road rule/courtesy which is to slow down for a speed breaker
Old 17th December 2010, 09:55   #420
Team-BHP Support

By gosh! Just another week to go before an epic drive in my WA commences. I am due for my 5000km service ( 2nd service next week) and wanted to take some tips from other Cruze owners and also some tips in general for few queries :-

1. What is that i would need to stress to service advisors to check during the 2nd service? Touchwood, there is absolutely no issues ( including 0 rattles)

2. Should i get wheel balance and alignment done at this stage? If yes, what do Chevy guys usually charge for this service? Is it on par with outside folks?

3. What's the ideal air pressure for such a long trip? I am thinking 32psi of nitrogen in all tyres ( as recommended by manafacturer). Its been exactly 2 months since i last topped up the nitrogen and i can feel there could be a drop of 4-5psi

4. I have absolutely no experience of driving in heavy fog conditions. Any special tips that someone can provide?
Closed Thread