Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2011, 13:40   #451
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Add air filter cleaning/check up and an underbody check.
I thought that is part of the regular service wherein they clean/replace the air filter? Is my understanding not correct?

Underbody check is a good idea. Will include that in my list even though there hasnt been any major scrapes throughout my entire journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
We are going for the TD this Saturday. You suggest any accessories which dealer should fit on the LT before we drive it out?
The most important accessories that you need to fit to an LT would be the following :-

1. Fog Lamps ( Rs.8000 from dealership)

2. ORVM turn lights ( A additional cap with turn indicators are fixed on top of the stock mirror) for Rs.2600

3. If his budget permits. Change the stock JK tyres to something better. I got mine changed immediately to CPC2 sticking to OEM size. It makes a world of difference. Trust me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
In your opinion do you think the price difference of the LTZ is really justified with the lil toys, bells and whistles inside.
Climate control not being their on the LT is the big let down.
If your friend can afford an LTZ ( which is horrendously expensive in Blore) then go for it. But, LT isn't too bad if he is on a tight budget and use the close to 2 Lakh saved money on above items plus diesel for entire ownership period

Bells and Whistles are really good to have but, its charm fades away after a few months of ownership. I am also unhappy that they havent provided a CC in a car of this segment whereas its now common feature in cars way below this price tag

I went shopping with a Rs.10 Lakh budget and got the Cruze home. I am a die-hard romantic when it comes to cars. I prefer listening to my heart than mind when it comes to 4-wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
That is surprising were you Annihilating the roads on that trip? Average speed / top speeds hit on that trip?
Well, as your friend will soon come to know after owning this car that you cannot crawl in this car

Some quick facts of my recent journey :-

1. Covered 85kms in 30 mins

2. 300kms once in 3:15 mins and return trip in 3:00 hours

3. Covered 955kms in 14.5 hours in a single day

4. Top speed is something I would not like to mention on the forum

You can check my travelogue for more details of my 5500kms roadtrip :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...let-cruze.html (Expressway-Sand-Gravel-Snow: 5500kms in a Chevrolet Cruze)

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th January 2011 at 13:41.
mobike008 is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 13:56   #452
BHPian
 
ashish22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 575
Thanked: 43 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

@ ironwolf...LT is damn VFM car. LTZ spec is also decently priced but would you want to have those features for that extra money?? thats the question you should be asking yourself. If the budget allows then surely you can consider the LTZ, otherwise LT is a complete car in itself. Down the line when the money allows you can spec up your LT to match the LTZ to some extent.

@Avinash...During my 2nd service i got the brake pads cleaned and since then the bite is better. The minor squeak in the passenger seat could be due to the seat belt touching the right side surface of the seat while the car is moving and the belt is engaged.

@motoringlover...Armrest is not practically functional in terms of the comfort. Also when you slide it forward it starts touching your elbow when you shift gears.

I'm constantly getting 11.1 kmpl in 75% city and 25% highway driving
ashish22 is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 13:57   #453
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The most important accessories that you need to fit to an LT would be the following :-

1. Fog Lamps ( Rs.8000 from dealership)

2. ORVM turn lights ( A additional cap with turn indicators are fixed on top of the stock mirror) for Rs.2600

3. If his budget permits. Change the stock JK tyres to something better. I got mine changed immediately to CPC2 sticking to OEM size. It makes a world of difference. Trust me!

4. Covered 85kms in 30 mins

5. 300kms once in 3:15 mins and return trip in 3:00 hours

6. Covered 955kms in 14.5 hours in a single day
  1. Definitely agree to Avi's suggestion. I had fixed Hella prior to our recent night drives and it sure made a difference to our average speeds maintained.
  2. I dont see why one needs OVRM indicators. Its a fashion accessory in my opinion. It makes sense if they work as puddle lights when the doors are opened. Hmm.... I'm sure this can be a DIY to the indicators. Avi, get them done!
  3. Avi, any thoughts on the wear and tear of these tyres at 10k kms compared to the XM1+ ?
  4. commendable!
  5. &6 = your a fibber!
We did 940kms hyd - cbe in 11 hours flat with the road runner (including crossing b'lore traffic).We had planned to leave at 4pm and somehow, Hyd standard time prevailed . Infact, this began with a kichidi kheema session on the hyd ORR itself at 9:30pm,lol. Fog Lamps - the long distance ones & not the spread type helped immensely.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 19th January 2011 at 14:00.
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 14:14   #454
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
@Avinash...During my 2nd service i got the brake pads cleaned and since then the bite is better. The minor squeak in the passenger seat could be due to the seat belt touching the right side surface of the seat while the car is moving and the belt is engaged.

I'm constantly getting 11.1 kmpl in 75% city and 25% highway driving
Hey Ashish, will get the pads cleaned in this service and hope the bite returns to normal. Now the brake feels is a bit too soft for my liking.

Btw, your average is bit low despite driving on those beautiful broad Delhi roads. In my congested city running, i get 11kmpl and above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
  1. Definitely agree to Avi's suggestion. I had fixed Hella prior to our recent night drives and it sure made a difference to our average speeds maintained.
  2. I dont see why one needs OVRM indicators. Its a fashion accessory in my opinion. It makes sense if they work as puddle lights when the doors are opened. Hmm.... I'm sure this can be a DIY to the indicators. Avi, get them done!
  3. Avi, any thoughts on the wear and tear of these tyres at 10k kms compared to the XM1+ ?
  4. commendable!
  5. &6 = your a fibber!
We did 940kms hyd - cbe in 11 hours flat with the road runner (including crossing b'lore traffic).We had planned to leave at 4pm and somehow, Hyd standard time prevailed . Infact, this began with a kichidi kheema session on the hyd ORR itself at 9:30pm,lol. Fog Lamps - the long distance ones & not the spread type helped immensely.
1. Cruze stock lights are simply awesome. I was driving in 3-position during my city drive and when i turned it up to 0-position the light spread is simply outstanding and there is absolutely no need for an upgrade to stock lights

2. OVRM indicators is absolutely a fashion accessory. When your buying a car in this bracket you need a little pizzaz and razmattaz. Dont you think?

3. I dont see any wear to the tyres as of now ( atleast to the naked eye). The tread depth seems to be just the same. Maybe i should take a closer look. But, i am pretty happy with the outcome. Not happy with that one puncture during our entire 5500kms

4. Thank you

5 & 6 = Thanks again for the compliment...LOL

940kms in 11 hours flat. Wow! You guys are in a different league altogether whereas i am the national crawler in comparison.

IMHO, 955kms in 14.5 hours ( including nearly 1.5 hours lunch at Jaipur bypass---as mentioned in my travelogue) with 6 people in car with boot choking with luggage and ladies in the car screaming the moment needle goes to some unrealistic number is still a decent acheivement....LOL
mobike008 is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 17:53   #455
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 181
Thanked: 12 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Dear Bhpians......

I have recently completed the 10k mark and the experience has been more than pleasing till now.
I have the LTZ AT model and got the 3rd servicing done last week.
It included:-

1)regular service check ups

2)topping of engine oil(1 Litre less) but no changing of oils as it is to be done at 15000 km.

3)wheel alignment.

4)Cleaning of right rear brake pad as it was not applying properly and leaving a line on the disc!! but they cleaned it and it is perfect now.

5)Re coat of teflon as promised when I bought the car

6)Regular cleaning

7)Under body check up.

As far as the debate of LT or LTZ is concerned I completely endorse with what Ashish said that LT is also a very VFM car but LTZ just gives you that special feeling with all the features it offers making it also very VFM;the difference is about Rs 1.8 lakhs and if you see then a sunroof from webasto costs about Rs70,000 (correct me if I am wrong) so in the 1.1 lakh rupee extra you get fog lamps,leather steering,gear knob,leather seats,cruise control,chrome door handles,chrome bootlid (I personally dont like it),Keyless entry, button start,6 cd changer, auto folding mirrors,audio mounted steering control,tilt n telescoping steering,parking sensor,rain sensor.

So I feel the difference is truly worth it,now you have to decide wether you need these or not.

(About the ORVM indicators :-I have them installed but I drive with the mirrors shut hence it doesn't matter me much, I only use them while reversing but even I feel its more for the looks as you have the indicator on the fender in any case unlike other cars like the Laura where you have it only on the ORVMs.)
np23 is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 18:54   #456
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 36 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
I'm constantly getting 11.1 kmpl in 75% city and 25% highway driving
Ashish, thanks for confirming the 11+ figures. What about full Highway driving. Hope you are as soft on A pedal as Avinash?

Avinash, My comments questions inline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, as your friend will soon come to know after owning this car that you cannot crawl in this car - I have been selling this car to him just cause of your thread and this point

Some quick facts of my recent journey :-

1. Covered 85kms in 30 mins - Thats 170+ kmph

2. 300kms once in 3:15 mins and return trip in 3:00 hours - Thats average of 100kmph maintained for 3hrs

3. Covered 955kms in 14.5 hours in a single day - Astounding! Effortless?

4. Top speed is something I would not like to mention on the forum - Please PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, your average is bit low despite driving on those beautiful broad Delhi roads. In my congested city running, i get 11kmpl and above.

...

IMHO, 955kms in 14.5 hours ( including nearly 1.5 hours lunch at Jaipur bypass---as mentioned in my travelogue) with 6 people in car with boot choking with luggage and ladies in the car screaming the moment needle goes to some unrealistic number is still a decent acheivement....LOL
Pretty descriptive and sounds like you had a blast.
IronWolf is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 18:55   #457
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Sunfilm Update :
White Annihilator is now donned with a new look. I have installed 3M RE-35 ( Reflective type) on my Cruze for 4 windows and rear windscreen. Pleased with the decent and fast job they did.

Slightly unhappy that it was reflective as i was looking for a black tint and realized it after the first window was done up.

Installers took approximately 2.5 hours to fix this job and spent another 15 minutes smoothening out a 1/2 inch bubble somewhere in non-obtrusive corner of the rear windscreen

Anyways, i am not complaining as it looks good if not great. Pictures will come up whenever I click them next.

Total Amount Paid : Rs.4,000
mobike008 is offline  
Old 19th January 2011, 19:25   #458
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,566
Thanked: 2,040 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
I went shopping with a Rs.10 Lakh budget and got the Cruze home. I am a die-hard romantic when it comes to cars. I prefer listening to my heart than mind when it comes to 4-wheels
Couldnt agree more with you. The car is fantastic with the new seats and personally i feel Cruze is the best looking car currently running around in our country. Your feedback on the service will only make more Chevy customers in the country.

Cruze version 2 should just include a different rear end.

The front grill just makes me feel like seeing a "transformer".

I started off with 10L budget. Saw the Cruze, Skoda and Jetta. Heart took over and picked the Jetta. If only mind took over in my case it would have been a Cruze .

Fantastic story so far. Waiting to hear more and see more pictures of the cars.
VW2010 is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 14:18   #459
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Sunfilm Update :
White Annihilator is now donned with a new look. I have installed 3M RE-35 ( Reflective type) on my Cruze for 4 windows and rear windscreen.
Here is a quick picture of WA taken this morning with my mobile camera
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-cruzesunfilm.jpg  

mobike008 is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 15:23   #460
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here is a quick picture of WA taken this morning with my mobile camera
Avi, I suggest you park in the sun for a few days so that the film bakes in well. MLCP levels 4/5/6 are ideal as you get the full blast of the sun without any obstructing trees. I did that for a whole week and there are three advantages -

1. Almost all of the bubbles (small ones, if any -- I had none) vanish
2. Sometimes you streaks where the film has not glued fully to the glass - these patches will become smaller/lighter/less intrusive
3. Any scratches to the film (due to a shoddy job done by the fitters) become very clear now, which makes it easier for you to go back and fight if necessary

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 18:22   #461
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,893 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Avi, I suggest you park in the sun for a few days so that the film bakes in well. MLCP levels 4/5/6 are ideal as you get the full blast of the sun without any obstructing trees. I did that for a whole week and there are three advantages -

1. Almost all of the bubbles (small ones, if any -- I had none) vanish
2. Sometimes you streaks where the film has not glued fully to the glass - these patches will become smaller/lighter/less intrusive
3. Any scratches to the film (due to a shoddy job done by the fitters) become very clear now, which makes it easier for you to go back and fight if necessary
So if i need to park in MLCP instead at Gate 1 then i need to come to office after 10:30pm

Great tip there for parking in the sun

1. One small bubble but almost invisible
2. No streaks noticed till now
3. I noted one small scratch from inside near the driver door. Good enough point to fight with installer?

Btw, WA is due for its 3rd service tomorrow. Updates post the service will come up tomorrow
mobike008 is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 18:26   #462
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,467
Thanked: 19,372 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Don't give it for service with the new tints. The pressure wash and moisture will be trouble. The careless service guys may also use the power windows. 2-3 days in the sun and no using the power windows and rear defroster for 2-3 days.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 20:55   #463
Senior - BHPian
 
spadix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 1,018
Thanked: 185 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
So if i need to park in MLCP instead at Gate 1 then i need to come to office after 10:30pm
Didn't quite get that. Levels 4/5/6 (esp. the uncovered parts) are pretty empty any time of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
1. One small bubble but almost invisible
That will go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
2. No streaks noticed till now
Great! But any microscopic ones will go away too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
3. I noted one small scratch from inside near the driver door. Good enough point to fight with installer?
If you're not happy then you should try to get it addressed. I've got multiple tears and scratches and the driver's side window film is already peeling off at a corner. And the streaks on the windscreen were so monstrous that even after ~10 days of sunning I can still make them out faintly. So my hands are full this Saturday .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
and no using the power windows and rear defroster for 2-3 days.
We can't avoid not using the power windows because we have to flash the smart card at the security gates at entry and exit.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 21:46   #464
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 198
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Here is a quick picture of WA taken this morning with my mobile camera
Is there something missing here Avi ??

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-cruzesunfilm.jpg
Repsol is offline  
Old 20th January 2011, 22:42   #465
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,467
Thanked: 19,372 Times
Default re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
We can't avoid not using the power windows because we have to flash the smart card at the security gates at entry and exit.

Regards,
spadix
Open the door for a few days and swipe the card. winding the windows down when the tints are wet and not dried is sure shot way to peel them off early.
Vid6639 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new Highway Star - Chevrolet Cruze Automatic ;UPDATE : 77,000kms completed !!! narendra_urs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 187 9th April 2016 23:16
My new Chevrolet Cruze in White! EDIT : PICS on Page 2 SubuS Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 124 23rd May 2012 15:17
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz Pumpy_Raj Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 13 24th February 2012 15:51
I chose to Cruze, with a white Cruze LTZ ajay mathew Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 16th June 2010 15:13
Little Spark of Happiness has arrived - Chevrolet Spark LT JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 27 15th November 2008 13:44


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:44.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks