Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 29th June 2011, 15:48   #661
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Exactly. So Honda uses the regular insurer and makes a nice cut in between under the "Honda Assure" brand
Again - not all of that cut is "just like that". There are some extra features, some of which are useful while the others' value is indeed questionable.

Regards,
spadix
Old 29th June 2011, 17:16   #662

Quote:

Alright. Now it makes sense. But, can I ask you why 0% depreciation in 2nd year itself? Would like to know what benefits you see over a non-0% dep premium?

Nice quote from Tata AIG. Which means there is scope of reducing another 1.5 thou minimum
Ok, 0% depreciation actually means that if there is a claim then you will have to pay only Rs1000 and there would be no deductibles on any thing like glass, plastics etc. It should actually be called 0% deductible while claiming.

Quote:
Exactly. So Honda uses the regular insurer and makes a nice cut in between under the "Honda Assure" brand

I have never used 0% depreciation in my life and dont plan to start now as benefits don't seem that great.

Will just pray the lord that I dont have to regret this decision in future.
Honda Assure is a different thing. I hear they load the policy heavily so that they can carry it forward for 5 years. General insurers offer 0% dep or 0% deductible on claim only till 3 years. I just insured my Cruze with a 0% deductible policy with Tata-AIG for Rs. 22500 which I feel is a very good deal. If god forbid anything happens to the car, I just have to pay Rs. 1000 and the rest will be taken care by the insurer. Some other goodies throw in the insurer:

1) Towing charges of Rs. 1500
2) Personal belongings like laptop, mobile etc. lost during accident to the tune of Rs. 50000
3) Taxi and hotel stay in case car is not in a position to be towed or you are not in a position to move out of accident place.
4) If you make a "Repair" and not a "Replacement" during your claim, your NCB remains still valid for next year.

I am pretty much satisfied with the deal.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th June 2011 at 17:53. Reason: Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post.
vivekparmar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 13:10   #663
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 15,000kms Complete

mobike 008 congrats on completing 15k kms on your wa , i have been reading your thread since you started it ,i also own a june 2010 cruze ltz white with 15k service around the corner just wanted your help regarding 15k service ,
1 did you ask them to put elf because when i got my oil changed at 5k (i insisted on it ),they put in total quartz .
2 even today when i called theservice center they said they will put in total quartz and no other oil is avilable
3 how can two dealerships of chevrolet but different brands of oil
all this is confusing .
your help and inputs on this will be appreciated thanks
Old 7th July 2011, 21:04   #664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
4) If you make a "Repair" and not a "Replacement" during your claim, your NCB remains still valid for next year.
There are some limitations on this feature. I'm not sure exactly what, but it's either limited to one instance per year or on certain parts only, not all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekparmar View Post
I am pretty much satisfied with the deal.
I'm pretty close to finalizing on Tata AIG myself for my Civic. The base price w/o any bargaining whatsoever for an IDV of 1023200 (around 50k less than I would've wanted but that's OK) is around 18700. I should be able to get their Gold add-on package or whatever, bargain hard and still end up paying south of 20k.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th July 2011, 02:44   #665
Senior - BHPian

Avi,

Two things have struck me and putting them down here.

IDV: 10 Lakhs: Firstly in the 1st year depreciation on IDV shouldn't be more than 10% from Ex Showroom Price. Follow the depreciation pattern. Anything else is not right!
Secondly: gROUP Formation

Apart from the premium, what all does it contain?

Cheers

Last edited by MileCruncher : 8th July 2011 at 02:45.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:43   #666
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
mobike 008 congrats on completing 15k kms on your wa , i have been reading your thread since you started it ,i also own a june 2010 cruze ltz white with 15k service around the corner just wanted your help regarding 15k service ,
1 did you ask them to put elf because when i got my oil changed at 5k (i insisted on it ),they put in total quartz .
2 even today when i called theservice center they said they will put in total quartz and no other oil is avilable
3 how can two dealerships of chevrolet but different brands of oil
all this is confusing .
your help and inputs on this will be appreciated thanks
Hi Bajwa, Congrats to you too for completing 15K kms. I have been noticing that almost every dealer uses a different brand as you too can figure it out from other Cruze owners on the forum ( Sameer Sultan and Narender_urs, Nikhil etc). So i am just presuming that Chevrolet has given them a list of "trusted' brands with a recommendation of which "grade" to follow for filling synthetic oil in a Cruze.

So depending on which brand gives the dealer the lower price, perhaps they go ahead with that brand. I am saying this from pure logic and not any confirmation.

In any case, be it a Total Quartz, Shell or Elf all are international recognized brands and quality would be top notch.

Trick here is to make friends with a couple of SA's which i have done right from day one and they provide invaluable info. So if you too know an SA in the dealership take his advice and go ahead with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
There are some limitations on this feature. I'm not sure exactly what, but it's either limited to one instance per year or on certain parts only, not all.
I dont think so. Even if they go by history of previous claimants, how many would claim glass replacements or bumper replacements each year? Fraction of them, I think.

Claim any number of times will be the "sales tool" for the sales people selling the insurance.

Quote:
I'm pretty close to finalizing on Tata AIG myself for my Civic. The base price w/o any bargaining whatsoever for an IDV of 1023200 (around 50k less than I would've wanted but that's OK) is around 18700. I should be able to get their Gold add-on package or whatever, bargain hard and still end up paying south of 20k.
Prashant, dont go with Tata AIG just because of their gold brochure etc. That brochure will contain discounts from places like Mazda Motors, Concorde Motors etc where 1st visit, 100% off on labour, 50% off on consumables etc. I have used it with Viva after 3 years and I dont think at this stage you would take the BQ to a Mazda Motors or any other general garage??

Btw, I am still in the squeezing mode and a couple of rounds of negotiation with HDFC Ergo got me Rs.17,362 for an IDV of Rs.10,00,000

I've got a week for some more arm twisting before I actually make the payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Avi,

Two things have struck me and putting them down here.

IDV: 10 Lakhs: Firstly in the 1st year depreciation on IDV shouldn't be more than 10% from Ex Showroom Price. Follow the depreciation pattern. Anything else is not right!
Secondly: gROUP Formation

Apart from the premium, what all does it contain?

Cheers
1. The deprecitation is as per market standards. WA ex-showroom when i bought was 11,50,000 and when you get first time insurance at time of buying vehicle, that insurance is calculated on 5% less than showroom value.

Next year, it will be 10% further depreciation. Hence, 10 Lakhs IDV is an ideal IDV after completing 1 year. Come to think of it, I will see if i can increase the IDV to 10.25 Lakh at same premium amount.

Just take example of Prashant's Civic, which is 2 Lakhs more expensive than my car and he's also getting it insured for a similar value IDV which doesnt sound good or right. Prashant, get the IDV increased dude....

2. Premium contains every possible coverage including 3 party etc and except the 0% dep claim feature which I will never be interested in.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 18:51   #667
BHPian

mobike 008 thanks for your reply i had a talk with the pioneer chevrolet service manager and luckily he used to be the service manager at skoda where i get my laura pd 2007 serviced , they just have total priced at 620 /liter excluding vat so i think i will go ahead with it
Old 9th July 2011, 13:44   #668
Senior - BHPian

Mobike, what is your total Maintenance cost per km on date - excluding stuff like wheel alignment & accident damage repair (if any)?

The Cruze is on our short list but this is a crucial bit of missing info
Old 9th July 2011, 13:53   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Mobike, what is your total Maintenance cost per km on date - excluding stuff like wheel alignment & accident damage repair (if any)?

I'm quite sure it will be lesser than the Safari! IIRC its in the 35Paise Range
Old 9th July 2011, 13:58   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My Safari running cost per km at 15k kms was around 25 paise.

Also, this will be compared not with the Safari but the Fiesta (which it will replace) which was 14 paise per km at 20k kms or with the Civic (which is another contender )
Old 9th July 2011, 14:03   #671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajwasingh View Post
mobike 008 thanks for your reply i had a talk with the pioneer chevrolet service manager and luckily he used to be the service manager at skoda where i get my laura pd 2007 serviced , they just have total priced at 620 /liter excluding vat so i think i will go ahead with it
Wow! that's a good deal that you got for the synthetic oil. I got mine for about the same ( Rs.611 excluding taxes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Quote:
Suman, That part of info is already covered a few posts back and it's 0.50/km ( including wheel alignment and balance) and no accidental damages yet...touchwood

You can check this post :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2398348

I would highly recommend the Cruze based on my 1-year ownership experience every bit of this journey right from dealership experience, maintenance costs and vehicle performance has been simply outstanding.

I only urge you to keep a budget for better tyres and change them as soon as you buy the car. It makes a whole world of difference.

Goodluck !!!
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2011, 17:22   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
Also, this will be compared not with the Safari but the Fiesta (which it will replace) which was 14 paise per km at 20k kms or with the Civic (which is another contender )
Why not the Laura TSI? After the 10th anniversary price cuts (which last only for a few more days) it's cheaper than the Civic variant for variant.

My Civic's total maintenance costs per km considering regular service (labour + consumables) are similar to the Cruze's - at around 30 paise per km. This is up to the 4th service (15k kms), with each service going exactly by the book and no more or no less.

I think mobike008 will agree with me that it is not exactly fair to compare the Fiesta (C-segment) with the Cruze or Civic (C+-segment) on running/maintenance/total costs.

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th July 2011, 17:30   #673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think mobike008 will agree with me that it is not exactly fair to compare the Fiesta (C-segment) with the Cruze or Civic (C+-segment) on running/maintenance/total costs.

Regards,
spadix
I'm sure Suman does agree with this view, but I guess he was just guaging the impact of the cars in the higher segment on his pocket---trying to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises after he buys the car.

I also agree that the Laura tsi is a good contender, but the only negative is the astronomical cost of Skoda spare parts. Imagine paying 18K for a single ORVM!
Old 9th July 2011, 17:48   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi
I'm sure Suman does agree with this view, but I guess he was just guaging the impact of the cars in the higher segment on his pocket---trying to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises after he buys the car.
Yeah, I read my post and my apologies if it comes across as stating the obvious. No offence meant .

By the way are there any Cruzers here who've already put in 40-60k kms?

I know at least in the case of the Civic that the maintenance cost will creep up as we approach the 40k km mark. Engine mounts (~8k each side) are prone to fail. Most people also find that the brake pads need replacement near the 40-45k km mark. There's a wealth of info on the thread dedicated to this topic. Let's not digress further and incur WA's wrath .

Regards,
spadix
Old 11th July 2011, 14:16   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so. Even if they go by history of previous claimants, how many would claim glass replacements or bumper replacements each year? Fraction of them, I think.

Claim any number of times will be the "sales tool" for the sales people selling the insurance.
What I'm saying in this particular case is that the salespeople won't mention the number of times you can make that claim (where repair/replacement doesn't damage NCB) in a year. Their sales tool in this case is "your NCB isn't affected" but there are caveats. That's what I wanted to point out.

Regarding the number of claims one makes to replace glass and plastic parts? Well, no one can really predict that, can they? And that's exactly why one needs insurance, right?

In general, though, the point you make is valid.

Quote:
Prashant, dont go with Tata AIG just because of their gold brochure etc. That brochure will contain discounts from places like Mazda Motors, Concorde Motors etc where 1st visit, 100% off on labour, 50% off on consumables etc. I have used it with Viva after 3 years and I dont think at this stage you would take the BQ to a Mazda Motors or any other general garage??
I won't be going with Tata-AIG just because of the add-ons they offer. I will look at base premium and how well they've done with respect to claims and settlement. In both cases Tata-AIG seems to be better than the rest (so far). If I feel like it I'll take a couple of add-ons. I haven't decided yet. I might just stick with base as well for all I know, at this point.

Quote:
Btw, I am still in the squeezing mode and a couple of rounds of negotiation with HDFC Ergo got me Rs.17,362 for an IDV of Rs.10,00,000

Just take example of Prashant's Civic, which is 2 Lakhs more expensive than my car and he's also getting it insured for a similar value IDV which doesnt sound good or right. Prashant, get the IDV increased dude....
So Tata's starting offer of 18.7k for a 10.23 lac IDV is not bad to begin with. Let's see what I can get finally.

And yes, I have no idea why I'm getting quotes for a 10.2 IDV for a one-year old Civic V M/T. The IDV at this stage should be closer to 11 lacs.

Regards,
spadix
Closed Thread