Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 27th December 2011, 15:42   #796
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I was not even sure which battery my car came with and last week did some minor tweaks to ICE and also added a Root's Windtone horn and then noticed even I have a ACDelco Battery

However, my car has done a little over 22K till now and no issues with the battery as well
I don't know if the issue due to which they have recalled the car has to do with the battery, but I'll update this thread with more information when I have access to it. The car is in the workshop for now.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:36   #797
MDe
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:The “White Annihilator” has arrived!!!! EDIT : 20,000kms Complete

Quote:
Last saturday, WA got its wheel alignment and balance done almost after 6500kms which i know is not a good practice and prior to alignment and balance i was experiencing brakes stopping power reduced but, after getting the alignment and balance done from one of the best guys in Hyderabad.
Where do you get the alignment done from. I do not intend to get it done by the showroom guys and I am due for my 10K service now, so might as well get the alignment done before that
Old 29th December 2011, 13:17   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Where do you get the alignment done from. I do not intend to get it done by the showroom guys and I am due for my 10K service now, so might as well get the alignment done before that
The two best guys in town are :-

1. Ashoka Wheels, Minister Road

2. Mohan Chandra, Lower Tankbund ( Domalguda)

I always frequent MC as he spends time with your car by taking a TD before and after the wheel alignment and balance is done. And, he corrects even a minor (0.5%) tilt of steering wheel towards left also in the past and this time as well.

Charges are slightly higher though. Rs.800 for WA & WB

MC outlet is found on same road as Ramakrishna Mutt on Lower Tank Bund road and is about 50 meters ahead of on right side before traffic signal if your coming from Lower Tank Bund.

Btw, go there by 10am if you go later than that be ready to wait a lot as he is always busy !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th December 2011 at 13:19.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:41   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A week ago, I received a call from dealership asking how the car is doing (general call) and i told the lady that i am fed of up of your service as you couldnt fix my AC blower issue which for me is a very trivial issue ( blower speed is low at 3# point)
Quote:
Note: They suggested not to use the blower in re-circulation mode which i used to normally do to get hot air out for 2-3mins after starting the car before switching on AC. I have stopped this practice for good.
You meant Fresh Air Mode right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
You would expect these kind of advises from Private workshops who have dealt with certain issues multiple times and have ultimately decided to save the customer's cash by avoiding the cause of the problem. But , I didn't expect a manufacturer's workshop to say the same and a customer like you to be happy about it Avi ! . I'm damn sure all the pennies spent don't warrant a compromise to prevent a part failure. The WA has taken over Avi's normal code of practice also it seems !. "
+1 to that.

Avi, to me the issue seems to be either of the two:
  1. Dust accumulating on the cooling cool thereby blocking the airflow. In this the culprit would be the pollen/ particulate filter which has gone awry. But if this is the problem, airflow should be less across all the fan speed settings.
  2. The resistor in the fan switch has gone kaput thereby passing on less current to the fan motor resulting in lower speed. I think is the most probable cause.

Either ways I would suggest run the car a day or two with your normal practice of fresh air mode and see if the problem re-occurs. In that case just get the dash board opened, cooling coil serviced and the switch changed. While you are doing this also check whether all the points on the direction switch also working.

Please don't overlook this problem and get it fixed before warranty expires. ASC's have this habit of doing "Time Pass" repair and breaking the bomb shell once the vehicle is out of warranty.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2011, 19:33   #800
BHPian

Hey Avinash, You have treated yourself to a phenomenal machine. Cruze is one of the most powerful diesel cars in the sub 16-17 lakh range. I hope you are planning to replicate a similar ICE setup as your Accent Viva CRDI. How do you find the turbo lag in the sub 1800 rpm range in Hyderabad's bumper to bumper traffic? How is your overall maintenance cost and after sales service from your Chevy dealership? Is your dealer Kun or Orange? Any plans of PETE'ing your Cruze? If yes, then you have a real diesel "Annihilator" on your hands.
Old 4th January 2012, 13:28   #801
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
Hey Avinash, You have treated yourself to a phenomenal machine. Cruze is one of the most powerful diesel cars in the sub 16-17 lakh range. I hope you are planning to replicate a similar ICE setup as your Accent Viva CRDI. How do you find the turbo lag in the sub 1800 rpm range in Hyderabad's bumper to bumper traffic? How is your overall maintenance cost and after sales service from your Chevy dealership? Is your dealer Kun or Orange? Any plans of PETE'ing your Cruze? If yes, then you have a real diesel "Annihilator" on your hands.
Thanks Sparsh! It's been over 15 months now with my ownership and havent regretted even a single time. Ownership cost has been quite reasonable till date and is in vicinity of Rs.0.50/km till now

I received the dreaded call from KUN Dealership yesterday from a lady who asked me to visit them for change in fuel pipe line. When I asked her, its for any specific badge of cars? She is saying we are doing for all Cruze's

Now my questions :-

1. I dont have any issues with my car. Is it still recommended to get it changed?

2. While I am at it, should i also ask them to change my battery from AcDelco to Exide?

I plan to visit them on Friday/Saturday

I received this greeting card from dealership right on new year's eve by courier

Name:  IMG2011122900735.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  53.6 KB
Old 4th January 2012, 13:33   #802
BHPian

mobike008, I think it would be fine to have a quick check and see if everything is in place. Lets hope that along with your fuel line, they also give you a battery replacement as well, it will be the icing on the cake and a great start to your new year.
Old 5th January 2012, 16:51   #803
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
I received the dreaded call from KUN Dealership yesterday from a lady who asked me to visit them for change in fuel pipe line. When I asked her, its for any specific badge of cars? She is saying we are doing for all Cruze's
Scary one. I havent heard from them so far. I am giving my car for service this weekend and will ask them for this as well in case they are doing it for all cars. I definitely would not want to take the car again for this.

Somehow, Kun guys have always been keeping you happy. They never seem to remember me
Old 6th January 2012, 00:26   #804
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Scary one. I havent heard from them so far. I am giving my car for service this weekend and will ask them for this as well in case they are doing it for all cars. I definitely would not want to take the car again for this.

Somehow, Kun guys have always been keeping you happy. They never seem to remember me
Fuel pipe is replaced in my car under warranty. Replacement is only for pre-January 2011 models(information from deedi motors ,Trivandum). ACDelco battery is also replaced under warranty to new Excide battery. Most ACDelco batteries have some problems. Avinash, you should ask them to change ACDelco battery. I did the same. My ACDelco battery was working fine. Service center guys did some test on the battery and found that there is some problem with the battery. They replaced battery of my 18 month old car to new excide battery (just above Rs.10000) for free.

Last edited by anb : 6th January 2012 at 00:37.
Old 6th January 2012, 14:22   #805
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Replacement is only for pre-January 2011 models(information from deedi motors ,Trivandum).
If this is the case then I do not need to worry. Mine is March 2011 model so should be fine. In anycase, I will check it up with them.

I havent checked my battery as well, should do that too.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:46   #806
BHPian

I got my Cruze's fuel pipe replaced last week at Sundaram Motors, Chennai. They are not taking any chance with any car apparently.

Last edited by SedatedDrive : 6th January 2012 at 20:49.
Old 7th January 2012, 11:18   #807
Team-BHP Support

White Annihilator has been given for fuel pipe replacement this morning. Estimated work time is 2 hours but, will collect the car late in afternoon or evening.

Apparently as you guys rightly mentioned, even if there are no problems, they are changing for each and every Cruze until Dec-2010

I asked them to check for battery replacement but, and they said will run some tests and see the status of its life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Avinash, you should ask them to change ACDelco battery. I did the same. My ACDelco battery was working fine. Service center guys did some test on the battery and found that there is some problem with the battery. They replaced battery of my 18 month old car to new excide battery (just above Rs.10000) for free.
They are doing the test. Let's see

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
mobike008, I think it would be fine to have a quick check and see if everything is in place. Lets hope that along with your fuel line, they also give you a battery replacement as well, it will be the icing on the cake and a great start to your new year.
Your right Sparsh. Will know by today evening the status.

Quote:
Yeah, for some reason, I am lucky to get excellent customer service in all my 6 cars ownerships. It cannot be so much of a coincidence. Maybe, its my way of dealing with them thats is different. Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
I got my Cruze's fuel pipe replaced last week at Sundaram Motors, Chennai. They are not taking any chance with any car apparently.
Congrats. Apparently, they told me when the car has put in lot of mileage the FP gets hard and may break. They are not taking any risks and voluntarily replacing it in advance

Cost of FP replacement if done self is Rs.9800 + Labour.
Old 7th January 2012, 14:59   #808
Team-BHP Support

Update:-

I dropped my car early this morning and around noon I receive an SMS from Service Manager that car is ready and I can pick it up. So I picked up my cousin and we rode on my "Maroon Marauder" . I rode back my bike while he drove WA with me following him and ogling WA all the way...LOL!!!

In case, your wondering what's Maroon Marauder. More details of it here :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ps-home-3.html

When we entered the dealership. WA was given a nice wash and interior vaccuming and tyres nicely shiny with Nitrogen air topped up

The fuel pipe was replaced in 2 hours flat and was assured by Sampath Reddy (Service Manager) now no need to worry, your car is good to go for life including the battery which they checked and found it fine.

However, he said if it gives even a little problem to let him know and he will get it replaced FREE of cost (provided its within 3 years). I still have 14 months to go to reach that period
Old 7th January 2012, 19:12   #809
MDe
BHPian

Good stuff. You definitely get good service.

I also got my car serviced today. This was the 10k service. However they did charge me 150 for nitrogen which is very expensive as compared to the other places where I fill it up. The rear left disk doesnt make a sound anymore as they greased it well. Fuel pipe not changing for me as it is march 2011 model. Air filter changed however.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:33   #810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I also got my car serviced today. This was the 10k service. However they did charge me 150 for nitrogen which is very expensive as compared to the other places where I fill it up.
I cant beileve you paid Rs.150 for Nitrogen air top-up?

I DEMAND that it should be filled and NOT charged for it to which they gladly oblige
Closed Thread