Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread

Old 19th November 2012, 15:05   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I completed a day trip of Srisailam on last saturday and covered exactly 550km and returned back in evening.

P.S: A few random pictures from this trip will come up tomorrow
Is it possible for me to do this trip in a day in my car given a sedate driving?

What do you say?

Didn't your WA bottom out anywhere?

Anurag.
Old 19th November 2012, 22:46   #1022
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived.EDIT: Fitted Race Dynamics Box !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is it possible for me to do this trip in a day in my car given a sedate driving? Didn't your WA bottom out anywhere?
Easily possible as its just 240kms from Hyderabad. Start early and you can return the same day late evening.

Here are some random pictures from the Srisailam Drive
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0662.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0665.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0667.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0674.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0750.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0823.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0836.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0832.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0839.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0849_01.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0840.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0859.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0887_01.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-_dsc0710.jpg  

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th November 2012 at 22:48.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 10:48   #1023
BHPian

Hi Mobike could you share how much your 22.5k service cost??Mine cost around 3.6k which included replacing/repairing a few parts,nothing major.The car feels a bit more rev-happy,smooth and mileage is now in the consisten 12's.

Cheers
Old 27th November 2012, 11:09   #1024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Hi Mobike could you share how much your 22.5k service cost??Mine cost around 3.6k which included replacing/repairing a few parts,nothing major.The car feels a bit more rev-happy,smooth and mileage is now in the consisten 12's.
There is no 22,500kms service interval. It's every 5000kms even as per the manual with OIL CHANGE at 15,000kms interval

20,000kms (Service Cost : Rs.1150)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...cs-box-17.html

25,000kms Service (Cost : Rs.3525)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2701269

30,000kms Service (Cost : Rs.11,530)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2880426
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 11:17   #1025
BHPian

Chevy has increased the service interval to 7.5k.When I contacted the manager of KLN Motors Chennai at 19k he asked me to come in for a 22.5k service!!
Old 27th November 2012, 11:28   #1026
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Chevy has increased the service interval to 7.5k.When I contacted the manager of KLN Motors Chennai at 19k he asked me to come in for a 22.5k service!!
Yeah, I was forgetting that. Honestly, this 5K service interval is just a basic check-up. They do a quick check all components are working as they should and wash it and hand it back.

I feel if you miss this service, its no big deal.

Similarly, getting a wheel alignment and balance at every 5000kms is also an overkill ( especially if those 5000kms are done mostly in urban roads). 7,500kms is a good interval for WA & WB.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 11:31   #1027
BHPian

Thats how the 5k and 10k services felt to me.Absolutely no difference.But there is atleast a 20% difference in performance after the 22.5k service.
Old 28th November 2012, 23:59   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
It's every 5000kms even as per the manual with OIL CHANGE at 15,000kms interval

20,000kms (Service Cost : Rs.1150)

25,000kms Service (Cost : Rs.3525)

30,000kms Service (Cost : Rs.11,530)
For a car in this price range, the service costs look rather reasonable. Although the Cruze is more than a bit of a stretch for my intended price range, it's nice to know it won't cost that much to maintain.

Do you have a spare parts price list on this thread or elsewhere on the forum ?
Old 4th December 2012, 15:08   #1029
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
For a car in this price range, the service costs look rather reasonable. Although the Cruze is more than a bit of a stretch for my intended price range, it's nice to know it won't cost that much to maintain.
That's right. For a car in that segment, I found the Cruze pretty light to the pocket in maintainence ( atleast till now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Do you have a spare parts price list on this thread or elsewhere on the forum ?
I dont recall see such a list here. If it's around, even i would be interested in it provided its the latest prices.

---------------------------------XXX-------------------------------

Report of Race-Dynamics Box on Cruze ( Economy-Mode)

It took me almost 3 months to PRESS the "E" button on my Racedynamics remote key

Why?

When you have the P1 and P2 buttons looking at your invitingly; would you even think of pressing the "E" button? No, right? That's what happened in my case too.

Couple of months ago discovered a fabulous route to miss the city traffic which is what I use to go and return from work. Some part of this stretch is service road of the ORR (The most fabulous Outer Ring Road, possibly the best roads in India) and some other excellent roads until I hit the main city.

I normally cover 18kms < 15 mins ( that's how fabulous the roads are on that stretch)

Last week, I was in some strange mood which made me press the "E" button on the remote. I was doing a sedate 60kmph and the car bucks as if its whipped from the back and slows down considerably (maybe to as much as 40kmph) as i was at 60kmph on roughly 1000rpm.

From there on, it was a super uphill task to drive the Cruze. The car just wont move forward. It was as if I hit a road-block.

Even presssing the gas, the car's RPM needle takes ages as it crosses 1000RPM->1200RPM->1500RPM->1800RPM.

You can take a and get up, that's how much time it takes from 1000RPM->2000RPM ( And, I am not kidding, here) with my foot down on the gas-pedal.

Summary : In short, Cruze cannot be driven in "E" mode of Race-Dyanamics Box. PERIOD !!!

In this mode, it increases the turbo-lag in an alarming way to supplement the FE increase that they claim will be the highest in all 4 modes.

P.S: I would be interested to hear views on this from RD member on the forum. It really is horrendous mode for a Cruze. Not sure if its same for other cars, as a hindsight a thought whether it makes sense to provide an E-mode in first place as people who buy this product look to enhance their car's power and not sacrifice in name of fuel efficiency.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:33   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
It really is horrendous mode for a Cruze. Not sure if its same for other cars, as a hindsight a thought whether it makes sense to provide an E-mode in first place as people who buy this product look to enhance their car's power and not sacrifice in name of fuel efficiency.
I have a similar opinion on my Sx4. A Couple of my friends also installed this box in a Grande Punto and an i20, and i have first hand experience of all three cars. "E" mode is equally horrendous on all the three vehicles. MJD's simply refuse to pull up on the E mode, even Alto's and Sparks can easily overtake a Super powerful diesel fitted with an RD box on the E mode
Prodigyy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 14:07   #1031
BHPian

Couple of Qs:
1. For the Cruze, I would like to see if I can get window screens, like in the Superb, in India. I know it is there in the UK, but priced at GBP 160 for for doors and GBP 100 for rear windscreen.
2. My Spark has completed 4 years and 9 months and its driver door has rusted from within and there are bubbles (crumpling) near the lock and near the weather shield lining on the window sills. For me, this is a manufacturing defect for a car that has been kept very clean (4 years in Bangalore with office commute of 50 km per day, all services done on time, washed at regular intervals). I need to raise this issue with GM but I only have GM sales email address. Is there any other one I can use to write to them?
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-20121204_091556_small.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-20121204_091615_small.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze:“White Annihilator” has arrived EDIT: Completed 63,500kms !!!-20121204_092049_small.jpg  

Old 6th December 2012, 17:09   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Summary : In short, Cruze cannot be driven in "E" mode of Race-Dyanamics Box. PERIOD !!!

P.S: I would be interested to hear views on this from RD member on the forum. It really is horrendous mode for a Cruze. Not sure if its same for other cars, as a hindsight a thought whether it makes sense to provide an E-mode in first place as people who buy this product look to enhance their car's power and not sacrifice in name of fuel efficiency.
Thanks Avi for trying the mode out. It feels like the car is getting restricted fuel supply to induce that kind of behaviour.

Quick question to the experts on the group - Has anyone had any issues from a longer use of a performance box.

Thanks - ML.
Old 7th December 2012, 13:33   #1033
BHPian

I had a question for all of you cruze fans...

Do we get cruze parts in the open market or do we have to only use the service centre for any replacement of parts. Please note I am asking only about genuine parts for cruze.
Old 7th December 2012, 14:38   #1034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
1. For the Cruze, I would like to see if I can get window screens, like in the Superb, in India. I know it is there in the UK, but priced at GBP 160 for for doors and GBP 100 for rear windscreen.
I havent heard of these available officially but, I am sure it should be available locally either in Delhi or Mumbai. Even a DIY solution can be done i suppose.

Will find out if its available in Delhi as I will be there for a while this month-end

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHeart View Post
2. My Spark has completed 4 years and 9 months and its driver door has rusted from within and there are bubbles (crumpling) near the lock and near the weather shield lining on the window sills. For me, this is a manufacturing defect for a car that has been kept very clean (4 years in Bangalore with office commute of 50 km per day, all services done on time, washed at regular intervals)
I assume your car is now out of warranty. If yes, I doubt if GM will own up any responsibility on this rusting issue as the car is almost 5 years and will throw back the blame on owner's style of maintenance.

Dont have the email address but, would suggest not spend too much time following up and get it rectified on your own if its not too expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoringlover View Post
Quick question to the experts on the group - Has anyone had any issues from a longer use of a performance box.
I am not new to tuning boxes. I used a Pete's box in my previous car for 40,000kms and there were zero issues. RD being a better tuning box, I dont expect it to create issues in terms of effect on engine etc even after it's long-term usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Do we get cruze parts in the open market or do we have to only use the service centre for any replacement of parts. Please note I am asking only about genuine parts for cruze.
When you say geniune, you mean attested by Chevrolet? If yes, then no you wont get such parts in outside market as the whole purpose of having a A.S.S network will be redundant

But, yeah Cruze parts are available in open market at almost 40% lesser price but, then they are "non-guaranteed" parts.

I remember one of the forum members got Cruze brake pads for his brother's Cruze for 7K or something while the original ones cost 13K
Old 7th December 2012, 23:14   #1035
BHPian

Quote:

But, yeah Cruze parts are available in open market at almost 40% lesser price but, then they are "non-guaranteed" parts.

I remember one of the forum members got Cruze brake pads for his brother's Cruze for 7K or something while the original ones cost 13K
It is a big issue in the current world. Let me tell you a story. One of my roles is to run telematics and we were discussing how the chinese have started reverse engineering firmwares to make parts that are not genuine. For instance, several accidents have been reported where people have replaced cheaper parts that look like originals, which are seemingly non-core (e.g. A/C controls) but have caused ECU to malfunction. In fact, we were thinking of creating a solution that holds all "valid part IDs" for manufacturers on the cloud to avoid the sale of spurious parts. Or when a spurious part goes into a car, the MID can warn the drivers.
Closed Thread