Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th August 2010, 19:26   #1
BHPian

Default Vel's Indigo Manza Aura+ QJET

Finally I took my Tata Indigo Manza Aura+ Quadrajet BS4 from GEM Motors Coimbatore. The dealer was very prompt & clear. Delivered my car as requested & it was a perfectly delivered car.
I booked on 01/07/2010 & the car reached CJB on 20/07/2010. No transit damage. Immediately the car was put on PDI & passed successfully. Inspected the car & released the balanced payemnt.
Carried out the following extra works / value added services:
1. Engine Wax Treatment
2.Full rust proofing.
3. Sound deadening pads.
4. Window Tints - Garware Ice Cool Grand finalised;but not yet fixed.
Had the following issues in my car. Please let me know if anyone experience the same or similar problems.

1. when the ignition key is turned on, all the lights pop-up & some goes off after couple of sec & some goes off after the engine is cranked. In my case the service Indicator light did not light up. Dealer after swapping cluster, system check has taken up with TATA & awiating clarification. Similar Aura+ cars, Inoticed, the servic indicator light is lit but the engine mal function lights not lit? There seems to be some discrepancies in the lights w.r.t user manual description.
2. when the steering wheel is turned fully either right or left, I get a loud whistling noise? Is it nromal?
3.When the steering wheel is turned either fully right or left and moved either front or reversed, a loud metallic noise "Kuutuck" is heard from the RHS from bonnet.
4. With passengers loaded(4 adults+1 child) with reasonable baggage on the boot, the rear portion of the car sinks too much, in such a way that, the wheel encroaches in to the wheel arch. Also when even one passenger gets in orout of the car, loud noise from the spring is heard (squeking noise). Suspecting problem in the rear suspension? any similar experience.
5. With passenger & boot loaded, even the smallest speed breaker crossing is a scrapping through. The rear left jack pad touches the floor provides a huge metallic noise.
6. The front & Rear fog light switches in the centre console has an inbuilt LED which lights up when the switch is activated. Illumination is not at all clear even in night times. I had to pull over & get out of my car to physically check if fog lights are ON.
Otherwise the car is OK & fine. After delivery I did about 1750kms (of course not continous). Travel sectors were Coimbator-Trichy-Tanjore-Trichy-Madurai-coimabtore-Mettupalayam-Coonoor-OOty-Kalpeta(Wayanad) & back to CJB.
The vechile did its job & did not let us down on any fronts.
Some snaps for your guys....
Please let me know if any of you face the above problems,,,,
Attached Images

Velmurugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 20:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

many congratulations. hope you enjoy the drive!
GeekSrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 20:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice color,i like it.
Whats that thing covering the gear knob?
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 08:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Smile

Hi Vel,

Congratulations on your Manza. Enjoy driving, happy mile crunching and drive safely. The colour looks good on your vehicle. What was the OTr cost of your Manza.

Regarding the issue which you have posted, I am sure the Manza owners on the forum will respond. BTW what are the sound deadening pads and where are they installed. What did they cost you?
ghodlur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 10:58   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hi Vel,

Congratulations on your Manza. Enjoy driving, happy mile crunching and drive safely. The colour looks good on your vehicle. What was the OTr cost of your Manza.

Regarding the issue which you have posted, I am sure the Manza owners on the forum will respond. BTW what are the sound deadening pads and where are they installed. What did they cost you?
Sound deadening pads are basically rubber pads with self adhesive sticker type about 3-5mm thick & comes in standard size of 550mm x 220mm x 5mm thick (approx). You can cut in to small sizes to suit your opening the door inner frame & stick it. Its a product from Wurth &recommended by TATA's as an value added service. These comes in a packet costing about Rs3200/-. You need to paste inside the 4 doors, boot lids & if required on the boonnet lid.
It basicaally dampens the vibrational noise, due to less sheet thickness. I strongly recommend this. Although in my car it was not fixed properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice color,i like it.
Whats that thing covering the gear knob?
Boss thats nothing just a gear knob cover... just to keep the original one look nice.
BTW the colour was "Gothic Olive"

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 17:30. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 9th August 2010, 14:50   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Manza. The car looks very nice in this color.

Do enjoy many more miles with the car.
nkrishnap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 10:40   #7
BHPian

OK Guys on taking up with TATA motors following are the outcome:
A) Problem 1:-when the ignition key is turned on, all the lights pop-up & some goes off after couple of sec & some goes off after the engine is cranked. In my case the service Indicator light did not light up. Dealer after swapping cluster, system check has taken up with TATA & awiating clarification. Similar Aura+ cars, Inoticed, the servic indicator light is lit but the engine mal function lights not lit? There seems to be some discrepancies in the lights w.r.t user manual description.
Answer: For BS4 models, service indicator lights is replaced with engine malfunction lights. So if you carefully notice BS3 models, you may get Service indicator lights but not the engine malfunction lights. So far no one has pointed out this issue. This FYI!
B) Problem 2:- when the steering wheel is turned fully either right or left, I get a loud whistling noise? Is it nromal?
Answer:-This is normal & is because of power steering fluid gushing in & Out. TATA have noted to improve on this. Definetly They need to improve on this. I have driven bigger car than Manza & other cars in India with power steering;definetly this sort of awkward noise is not heard anywhere.
C) Problem 3:-When the steering wheel is turned either fully right or left and moved either front or reversed, a loud metallic noise "Kuutuck" is heard from the RHS from bonnet.
Answer:-TATA's have agreed to rectify the problem.
D) Problem 4:- With passengers loaded(4 adults+1 child) with reasonable baggage on the boot, the rear portion of the car sinks too much, in such a way that, the wheel encroaches in to the wheel arch. Also when even one passenger gets in orout of the car, loud noise from the spring is heard (squeking noise). Suspecting problem in the rear suspension? any similar experience.
Answer:- TATA's have agreed to look in to it & analyze.

E) Problem 5:-. With passenger & boot loaded, even the smallest speed breaker crossing is a scrapping through. The rear left jack pad touches the floor provides a huge metallic noise.
Answer:- TATA's informed that, the four jacking pads can be removed although the dealers use these jacking pads in their hydraulic lift for maintenance. These pads are provided for lifting the car during manufactiring in assembly line & TATA's have been thinking to remove these pads after manufacturing.
F) Problem 6:- The front & Rear fog light switches in the centre console has an inbuilt LED which lights up when the switch is activated. Illumination is not at all clear even in night times. I had to pull over & get out of my car to physically check if fog lights are ON.
Answer:-This is actually an drawback & area of improvemnt. TATA' s have not responded to this & hope these points will be taken care in subsequent models.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:51   #8
BHPian

Very good choice of the color. Do post your initial ownership report. Many happy miles ahead
ravikn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 20:00   #9
BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride brother. I am glad TATA/Dealer have agreed to fix your outstanding problems.

Very nice color choice. Happy motoring!
gshanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 21:20   #10
BHPian

Congrats! Manza is really a big car and feels big on road. Enjoy the ride. I have not driven this car so don't know about other problems but your Problem # 4 is I think common, I have seen few Manza here with rear wheel almost dipped inside wheel arch. Either rear suspensions are too soft or front part of car is lighter than rear.
Hashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 22:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Velmurugan

Quote:
Sound deadening pads
It is a silverish thing that you are talking about? can you please put a photograph
joshguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2010, 19:52   #12
BHPian

Thanks guys.
I am quite surprise to notice, nobody has brought the issue on the power steering noise when the wheel is fully locked either in left or right (turned extreme full left or right).
Even GTO has not mentioned on his test drive & I am sure he must have picked this point;but don tknow why this issue brought our or not mentioned by any user.
TATA's resply "Flow of power steering fluid" noise is not convincing!
I have driven mnay cars in UAE & also in India, the hydraulic power steering doesnot cause these noise.
Can any expert on Team BHP check on this & advice; so that I can again take it up with TATA engineers.
thanks in advance...vel
Old 26th August 2010, 22:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
Thanks guys.
I am quite surprise to notice, nobody has brought the issue on the power steering noise when the wheel is fully locked either in left or right (turned extreme full left or right).
Even GTO has not mentioned on his test drive & I am sure he must have picked this point;but don tknow why this issue brought our or not mentioned by any user.
TATA's resply "Flow of power steering fluid" noise is not convincing!
I have driven mnay cars in UAE & also in India, the hydraulic power steering doesnot cause these noise.
Can any expert on Team BHP check on this & advice; so that I can again take it up with TATA engineers.
thanks in advance...vel
Safari has the same issue and hence I guess its not an issue. Is it a loud hiss sound?

And about damping; I would suggest one get the car damped properly at some ICE shop instead of getting it done at a TASS.

Last edited by jkdas : 26th August 2010 at 22:50.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 14:07   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmurugan View Post
OK Guys on taking up with TATA motors following are the outcome:
D) Problem 4:- With passengers loaded(4 adults+1 child) with reasonable baggage on the boot, the rear portion of the car sinks too much, in such a way that, the wheel encroaches in to the wheel arch. Also when even one passenger gets in orout of the car, loud noise from the spring is heard (squeking noise). Suspecting problem in the rear suspension? any similar experience.
Answer:- TATA's have agreed to look in to it & analyze.

E) Problem 5:-. With passenger & boot loaded, even the smallest speed breaker crossing is a scrapping through. The rear left jack pad touches the floor provides a huge metallic noise.
Answer:- TATA's informed that, the four jacking pads can be removed although the dealers use these jacking pads in their hydraulic lift for maintenance. These pads are provided for lifting the car during manufactiring in assembly line & TATA's have been thinking to remove these pads after manufacturing.
F) Problem 6:- The front & Rear fog light switches in the centre console has an inbuilt LED which lights up when the switch is activated. Illumination is not at all clear even in night times. I had to pull over & get out of my car to physically check if fog lights are ON.
Answer:-This is actually an drawback & area of improvemnt. TATA' s have not responded to this & hope these points will be taken care in subsequent models.
You can find my list of problems from my Manza here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-problems.html (Tata Manza Aura+ 6k kms done - slowly emerging problems)

Problem 4: I agree. I had few (4 to be precise) boxes of vitrified tiles in the boot and wheel arches tried to kiss the wheel. But did not hit breakers

Problem 6: Agree that lighting is too subtle. But generally sufficient, with some effort, to figure out the state. Lights do not remain ON if ignition is switched off.

Other problems in your post, not experiences. Will try to listen to the steering fluid music.
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 08:37   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Safari has the same issue and hence I guess its not an issue.
This is of course an issue. that this may not be a manza issue but a TATA issue.
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote