Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Old 8th March 2006, 15:59   #16

Default Innvoa Petrol variant - need to know FE and Mtn costs

Hi,

I like the Innova a lot

Am planning to buy a Innova Petrol G3 .
The local dealer is giving a discount of upto 75 K to 80 K on the G3 petrol variant. But it is a 2005 mfcr.

I am not too averse to the whole thing as i do not buy with a view to sell . So no point in worrying about resale value , etc... My current car is a Zen which i have been having for around 9 yrs.

Wanted to know from the current users of Innova G3 Petrol the fuel effeciency and the maintainence costs ?
globalmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 21:54   #17
DRC
BHPian

Me too...
I am also thinking of changing my car from Petra to Innova.
I am waiting for some one to write a review on the diesel one.
Who in this forum owns a Diesel Innova?
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2006, 22:47   #18
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Shantanu: Gr8 write up man ... i would have never considered a Petrol innova but after reading this i'm in two minds. When one thinks of SUVs and MUVs Diesel is the basic platform. But the average u are getting and torque figure u've put up and now petrol innova actually makes a lot of sense.
aZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 08:41   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalmani
Hi,

I like the Innova a lot

Am planning to buy a Innova Petrol G3 .
The local dealer is giving a discount of upto 75 K to 80 K on the G3 petrol variant. But it is a 2005 mfcr.
There is one guy in my company moving to the US trying to sell his petrol G. Saw it on the intranet. Asking around Rs 6.8
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2006, 09:07   #20
DRC
BHPian

Shan2nu::the visibility is anything but driver friendly

Why do you say that? When I test drove for a short distance, I felt the visibility is better than my car. Did you compare with your v-tec?
DRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 09:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Visibility of Innova is better than Petra and even Swift, I am in the process of finalyzing my Innova I have test driven Innova many times its really amazing vehicle except for its Petrol variant's resale value. Its
common in all Innovas when we switch it on the engine it makes roar sound and then settles down. May be because of its 2.0 ltr engine.

According to me once we are used to size of innova its easy to drive this
car even in congested traffic since seating position is in hieght and we can see all around easily.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 10:38   #22
BHPian

Well, im havea Toyota Innova 2.5G Diesel.

Lemme tell you, its a much better car to drive than my Palio even.

Petrol has to be a bad choice.
You pay 65000 Rs, more in the start, but your save with the fuel. Save a LOT.

Diesel is 12-15 bux cheaper than Petrol first off. 35-40 Rs, last i checked. Havent driven my Innova in quite a while. lol...

Plus, on the highway, the car gives me, 14 - 16kmpl. depending on Turbojet vs. normal diesel..
In city, its amazingly pathetic, the mileage, but still.. Lol...
Ad1tya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 13:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

I'm not talking about the A pillar. I'm talking visibility on the whole.

It's not very long compared to the Vtec but i find the vtec, easier to reverse and pull out of tight spots.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 12th November 2006 at 13:07.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 14:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Agreed Shan2nu about reversing the Innova.

Overall its great product. I still feel in long run Petrol makes sense, except
for its resale value. If we plan to keep the vehicle for more than 8 years I
feel Petrol is good choice because of comfort and almost 0 zero noice and
0 vibration compared to diesel. I feel for indian diesel quality after 4 years
any diesel vehicles start showing its age. However I saw few quallis going strong even after lacs of kilometres drive. It may depend on how good we maintain our cars.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th November 2006, 15:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't very happy with the road holding of the stock 205mm Bridgestone tyres. A 225mm upgrade is something i'm looking forward to.
upgraded the tyres on the company innova to 225 hankook optimo series.. would strongly suggest it.. excellent ride handling and grip, esp in the wet.
aadix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 15:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Shan2nu did you try the reverse/parking sensors.May not be a of great help but an aid nevertheless.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2006, 16:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aadix,

After tyre upgrade to 225 is there any fuel economy drop ?

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th November 2006, 16:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quick update: I have purchased 2005 year end manufactured Petrol Blue G3 Innova and I am done wtih first service (oil change, 5 tyres rotation/alignment/balancing) cost me around 2,000 RS. I can see petrol Innova is super smooth and has great pickup. I have travelled so far only 250KM in 1 week time so not yet checked the FE.

Great feedback/suggestions from TBHPains and other guys who own Petrol Innova helped me to pick up right car Thank you very much.

2 points to remember about Petrol Innova is

1. We need to make sure Fuel Bunk guys fill petrol not diesel.

2. At Service station where they service this car as Petrol not diesel Innova because I already exprienced a tag in my Petrol Innova when I gave it for 1st service written next service due 6 months or 5000KM from now and I immediately asked service advisor and mechanic if they treated my car as deisel one or Petrol one, I can see smile on their face and they told me its serviced as Petrol Innova.

I can see the bill where its mentioned Petrol Innova engne oil/filter etc.. stuffs. I heard from my relative who is working in toyota factory demand is picking up for Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 25th November 2006, 16:43   #29
Senior - BHPian

Toyotas marketing campaign coupled with the dealer discounts seem to have a good effect for the sales figures of the Innova.

Oflately tourist operators are beginning to show more interest to the Innova,earlier they had all preferred the tavera only but now dont mind adding an innova to their fleet[The tourist guys are going for the G models and not only the E model].The tavera though fuel efficient does have its maintainance issues.Though the innova may not go completely the qualis way the tourist segment innova taxis are now becoming relatively common.This may change however once the avanza is here and from what I have heard[cant reveal much]Toyota india is seriously thinking about a model on that line.
rahul_intlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 12:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shan and other TBHPians,

Need one info. I have purchased G3 Petrol 2005 model Innova 2 weeks back. The owner who sold this car to me said he always fill normal petrol since all most all bunks sell normal petrol with additives as premium petrol charging the customers extra. so he don't beleive in premium petrol.

Can some one tell me for Innova Petrol which Petrol is ideal, mannual says any good quality petrol octane number 91 or greater.

Regards,

Ravi.